Mandatory Draft Bill snuck in and to be debated on 6/6/06

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

As the stomach turns,

It could be true. It could be a ploy. It could be as someone said, because he wants to get people even more revolted against this so called war.
It could be that we all might be buying one way tickets outta here soon.
I would rather die than to see my 2 sons , daughter-in-law, my cousins, and my brother have to go to this war. I mean it.

NOT THIS WAR.

I myself am only 21, so I too would be eligable for this for quite a few more years if it passed. But I'm not worried because it probably wont even be voted on again. It wasnt voted on in 2005, and each year the major change in the bill seems to be the age group eligable for this so called "draft bill." It went from 18-42 in 2004, to 18-26 in 2005, and back to ages 18-42 this year. I dont see it going anywhere and I dont see a reason to get worked up over nothing. I think your familiy will be safe, I am willing to bet my life on it.

[edit on 6/5/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Not sure if I like this plan or not, but in a way it might make the difference when rich kids start getting pulled into the fray.

Yeah, except we all know they won't. The rich are the ones who have to do the jobs at home in hte military. It's the poor who go out on the front-line, time and time again. There's a precedent for this happening in drafts around the World.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Just a thought...MAYBE thats why Haliburton is planning on building those "concentration style camps" around the U.S. for "basic training" of the aforementioned age groups?

cripe. What next?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ludachris, please dont stake your life on anything having to do with the current administration! We like having you around.

You're probably right. Nothing to worry about. We at ATS have a habit of worrying AHEAD of time- its not good for the nerves.
Lets see what happens- I posted this because we should be aware of this, and this looney keeps pushing for this )a Democrat.
No difference. Its all headed the same place.
Lucky for me, i can head over to Bora Bora with my family, and use Marlon Brando
s retreat island home.
Right.

Every day its something else, aint it????

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandro
Wasn't there a bill passed a while back that said no matter
where you went, you couldn't escape the draft?

Maybe it was just targeting people who escaped to Canada, i'm not sure.
I guess you would have to go completely off the grid.

[edit on 6/4/2006 by Sandro]

Wow I can't find the burried news articles on it! I swear I had it though

Yes bush, I think it was right after Iraq war began had signed a bill no one ever heard anything about. This bill, signed by the leaders of like 26 or so diferent countries basically said that in the event of an American draft they would not accept Americans running from the draft. Basically what the bill had said was that say Canada would be given yur name and such, they would find you and deport you back to America to serve your draft. I forget the list of nations involved but it was quite alot
from Ireland, Australia to Canada and Mexico, every major American Ally. can someone maybe find the article?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I seriously dont think that our Govt is THAT dumb. The only way they would vote for this is if they were wanting to be over thrown. I dont doubt one bit that those countries signed such a thing. They know what would happen as well. IF and that is a big IF this passes, it would lead to a quick civil war and a big change in the Govt. I can just see them trying to go door to door pulling Americans from their homes to fight for something they dont believe in. HA yea, that'll happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
When forced to kill

pick your targets yourselves

don't let a politician do it

'cause odds are the politician is the target.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ludachris, please dont stake your life on anything having to do with the current administration! We like having you around.

You're probably right. Nothing to worry about. We at ATS have a habit of worrying AHEAD of time- its not good for the nerves.
Lets see what happens- I posted this because we should be aware of this, and this looney keeps pushing for this )a Democrat.
No difference. Its all headed the same place.
Lucky for me, i can head over to Bora Bora with my family, and use Marlon Brando
s retreat island home.
Right.

Every day its something else, aint it????

I appreciate the complement, likewise with you.

Yeah, worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but it doesnt get you anywhere.
Being the happy go lucky guy I am I tend not to worry about anything. Which is good sometimes but others not. But you have nothing to worry about, I would stake my non-existent reputation here on ATS on it
.(since staking my life is a bit too risky
)

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is not a hoax, this is Rangle's way of keeping the bill on the books, so the issue doesn't go away.

If the govt seriously decides to bring back the draft, they'll have to negotiate with the terms of the current bill (H.R.4752) and when that debate gets underway, there will be no escaping the discussion of who goes and who doesn't. Rich and poor alike, Rangle wants to see equality and that they are all called to duty if it comes to that--including the Bush twins, et. al.

He may very well have introduced it now so as to stimulate debate for the Nov. election. You're either with it or against it, as they say about fighting the War on Terra.

I can see Murtha voting for this to be on the record for equality in a draft proposal. Pete Stark co-sponsored the last one with Rangle.

The Handicapped get to be FSO's at the new embassy in Baghdad. The military really doesn't want the mentally ill even though they would be susceptible to brainwashing and as such could get them to do their bidding. Still too dangerous to the rest of the troops, and most are on medications that would be difficult to keep a handle on.

You get a crazy person off their meds and anything is liable to happen.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawk74
I suppose the government has to do something because of its dwindling volinteer(sp) service.

How about we stop attacking other people? that would reduce the need!

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
slapnuts
I see 2 problems with your idea
1) too easy
2) doesn't cost enough
They'll never go for it

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yikes! Counting down the days to my 43rd birthday. I was sure I was already too old for any potential draft! (39).

And yes I realize this is just a political ploy...

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
As much as I am in favor of military service, I wouldn't want to see a draft. With the volunteer military people are thee because they want to be there, not because they have to be there. I think the problems with malcontents would outweigh any benefit of a draft.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Not sure if I like this plan or not, but in a way it might make the difference when rich kids start getting pulled into the fray.

The rich kids parents will probably either buy their way out of it, or be able to send their kids out of the country, just like they did during Nam.

-

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Who wants to put money on who's kids get civilian service and who's kids end up in the military.

With the target ages being 18 to 42, it's not just going to be the kids. It's likely to be their parents too, especially if they're poor.

-

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There's no way a draft bill would pass. The government is plenty smart to know what would result from its approval.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
People said Civil War would never happen.
People said nobody would over throw the Monorachy.
People said Christianity would never take hold.

Never say never.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wow. How ironic. No, the draft thing.... That's really suicide. And the murder of most of my friends. Thaaaaanks Bush. Love ya too.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I would like to chime in on this one. I do believe it would be possible. For starters this current adminstration is alot better than any magician at smoke and mirrors. The main reason for them to get this draft pushed through is to increase the size of the military force. Consider, the military is spred too thin. Most of the states a bulking at the fact they are essentially ordered to send out national guard troops, those who are mandated to protect their own home states to the borders. Well now, the president wants to increase national security and as it is coming out a meer 6000 troops is not enough to cover the border in one state let alone 4. And with the chances of more military actions against another country and with no end in sight of getting out of Afaganastan or Iraq, it would be too easy to justify the need for a draft. My thoughts on the concentration camps is more for the populace that can not be used or holds any essential value to society in the eyes of the President. He will use the excuse, that in the interest of protecting those most vulnerable or could be deemed as potential targets as a means to move them to those camps.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Democrats are bound and determined to institute a draft.

Ha! Last time it was brought to a vote, the Democrat sponsor of the bill voted against it.

Why sponsor a bill to vote against it? I know, it's because they are Democrats and they do backhanded stuff like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join