learn more

Mandatory Draft Bill snuck in and to be debated on 6/6/06

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Source

On February 14, 2006, Congressman Charles Rangel (Democrat - NY) introduced a bill (Universal National Service Act of 2006 - HR 4752 IH) aiming at drafting everyone - men and women alike - from the ages of 18 to 42 into the military for a minimum period of 2 years.

Or to quote the bill: "To provide for the common defense by requiring all persons in the United States, including women, between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes."

The House is to convene on June 6 (06/06/06] to debate and possibly adopt this bill, that is, unless a vast public outcry succeeds in derailing this insanity, which you can do by writing a letter of protest to your congress person.

Please see site for info, other sources, and what to do to try to stop this.

Democrats/Republicans- Its all the same disgrace. I believe this will pass, though i pray it doesnt. This would include most of my family.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Getting ready for War in Iran?

Nice Date they picked I must say!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well this appears to be genuine. Doesn't surprise me at all that the US Government who are basically a bunch of warmongers would bring back the draft. (I somehow cant see any US congressman's sons & daughters being drafted)

Thankfully this doesnt affect me being British, but I still nonetheless find it disturbing. What I find surprising is the lack of response to this thread. Thought ATS would be all over this, especially all you Americans.

Take Care
Kindred

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Basically a repeat of the first post.

For those interested, this is the post:
www.rense.com...

[edit on 6-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I like the key word "snuck"

There's been talk about this, but "sneaking" (a la Bush) goes to show you where this country is headed.
We have absolutely no say in this. The time is comming when people will be going to MEXICO is mass droves...sneaking over and driving as far south as possible.

This is big stuff. Democrats?
Republicans

Its all the same crap. A Democrat sneaks it in, and all the Republicans approve it.
RIGHT.
They all work for the same evil cause. I dont see why people are constantly bashing one another here over who's right and who's left.

Its all the same. Its a police state regardless!!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That would be great, spend the last few years of my eight year obligation actually soldiering. I would have an exlusive for ATS that would be intense. Now if only it was that easy.

Not sure if I like this plan or not, but in a way it might make the difference when rich kids start getting pulled into the fray.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is legit I saw an interview on MSNBC. This guy is really pushing this.
We used to have the Draft system but it fell out of favor after VN. I suppose the government has to do something because of its dwindling volinteer(sp) service.I can say for sure that if they start drafting people that don't want to be there incidents like what allegedly happened back in Nov. will surely increase in frequency.
But
The Draft is only relivent in the time of war, right now we're not at war. (remember Bush said we won) So maybe this guy (he's old) was thinking back to WWII when people actually believed what the Gov. was saying and we really were fighting for our freedom. I'm not overly concerned of some foriegn power conquering the US. They'd have to come here to do it and I don't see that happening. Not an invasaion maybe terrorist acts but a full blown invasion, No Way (2nd Amendment). So, for anybody to use this arquement "fighting for our freedom and way of life" doesn't cut it. I love my country, I love the Pesident(office not the man) and I'll gladly fight for freedom.
I'll be dambed if I fight over oil,or bananas or whatever "Big Business" losing it"s stake in a foreign country.
So, on its face having the "Draft" in place isn't bad it's how it's used. What is bad is how (under the current situation) it will be Abused!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You darned right it will be abused!!!

Somehow i dont think having "flat feet" or a "mental illness" would disqualify people this time around!!!

God help us

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This was a political maneuver by that particular senator, and there hasnt been any action on the bill since February of this year. This was also introduced in 2004 and squashed 402-2 in the house.

House squashes Rangels bill 402-2

Clearly a very clever political manuever but nothing else.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ludacris,

I certainly hope you are right. I guess it remains to be seen.

Nothing like "sneaking" and plotting- all for the good of Americans and the world

So our fate rests on...?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Ludacris,

I certainly hope you are right. I guess it remains to be seen.

Nothing like "sneaking" and plotting- all for the good of Americans and the world

So our fate rests on...?

There was no story here in 2004, and nothing has changed since. This bill was introduced by Rangel as those rumors of the draft being reinstated were circulating around the internet. Rangel was feeding the fire hoping to score votes for the Democrats in the upcoming election that was, at the time, only a month away. Take this story with a very large grain of salt if you wish to entertain the idea, but I myself am going to take it for what it is, another political play.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
He also introduced a similar bill in 2005.

Here is Rep. Charles Rangel's proposal this year, in full text.

[edit on 6/4/06 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well... here it is at last. We knew it was coming, really, as the meat grinder's going to need a lot more meat to execute the PNAC agenda.

I only hope that people will really start to resist at this point. If not... God help us all.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Well... here it is at last. We knew it was coming, really, as the meat grinder's going to need a lot more meat to execute the PNAC agenda.

I only hope that people will really start to resist at this point. If not... God help us all.

Read my 2 above posts. This is just political play, the bill was voted down once in a landslide 402-2, and Rangel didnt even vote for his own bill. Please, instead of blindly believing this nonsense, take a look at links provided.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There was a thread on this a little while ago, the senator is against the war so he introduced this bill to over exagerate the war problem. He wanted to put the bill in for his voters to see what kind of a mess they could be in if they supported republicans and their war. All politcal and this kind of thing cant be passed with out the house telling the people there would be complete chaos in the streets if we woke up one morning and were given our personal dates that we would report to boot camp.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You betcha there would be chaos.

Yours truly would be included in this. I sure hope this one gets ditched as well. I wouldnt be too sure its all a JOKE.

Nothing any branch of this government does is funny.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChrisThis is just political play, the bill was voted down once in a landslide 402-2, and Rangel didnt even vote for his own bill. Please, instead of blindly believing this nonsense, take a look at links provided.

This is a different bill, it hasn't been voted on yet. How about you take a look at this link that makeitso had provided earlier.

www.govtrack.us...

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Advisor your right Maybe the draft would be a good idea. If the childeren's heads of the Warmakers were on the block it might just prevent a war. I also think that it would improve or nations voting turnout at elections. You'd make damn sure who you were voting for.
peace

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It doesn't have a chance unless the number of voters is dropped dramatically.

Continuity of government insures that even with just a handful of voters, business proceeds.

I think the only way this will pass is if there's a decapitating attack on the 5th. That's tommorow.

If it gets knocked down, it will probably pop back up. It's like one of those inflatable punching dummies with a big stupid clown grin...

If this country had decent leadership, I would be in favor of a mandatory term of service. There should be expanded citizenship benefits for those who serve in the police departments, fire departments, and social services sectors as well. It makes sense to reward service. Additionally, there should be an opt-out clause allowing soldiers to avoid foreign deployment.

Homeland defense should be just that. The job of our nation's military is not to expand the market penetration for politically-connected contractors.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris

Read my 2 above posts. This is just political play, the bill was voted down once in a landslide 402-2, and Rangel didnt even vote for his own bill. Please, instead of blindly believing this nonsense, take a look at links provided.

I started to post my msg, then went off for a while before I finished - that's why I didn't get the story. Normally I'm fairly careful about that kind of thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join