It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the Landing Gear & Engine Part pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It seems like these two pics from CatHerder's Pentagon conspiracy debunking attempt thread are one of the most frequently mentioned "smoking guns" by the "757 hit the Pentagon" crowd. I always hear "Well what about the landing gear and engine parts inside the building" when discussing the Pentagon conspiracy on some of the other boards.

My two questions about these photos are:

1) Where are the original sources for these two pics? and...

2) Were they really taken from inside the Pentagon?

I'm not trying to sound too conspiratorial, or insisting that they weren't taken from inside the Pentagon, or even that they are not authentic 757 parts. I would just like to check their sources to be sure.

If we "no 757 crashed there" people had potentially incriminating photos such as these to support our side with no source, or that they seemed unclear as to where they were taken, wouldn't the other side demand to know the same?

My third question would be, if someone could provide a source for these photos, or provide a wider angle shot that would show that they were obviously taken from inside the Pentagon:

3) Would it be impossible to have planted these two pieces of debris inside the Pentagon before the crash?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Come on, there must be sources for these two "smoking gun" pics that people tell me "prove" a 757 crashed there. Just want to be sure they were taken inside the Pentagon and not somewhere else.

If CT'ers produced photos to support our side without sources or clear indication as to where they were taken, we'd be laughed at.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here's a few links to help, of course they may be lying as to the sources, but then if it was on a .gov website would you be convinced?

www.rense.com...

911research.wtc7.net...

www.911-strike.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Here's a few links to help, of course they may be lying as to the sources, but then if it was on a .gov website would you be convinced?
www.rense.com...
911research.wtc7.net...
www.911-strike.com...

Thanks for the links. So they seem to come from a "Sarah Roberts". Who is she? Is she one of those "professional debunkers"? Obviously she didn't take these photos inside the Pentagon. Where did she get them? Isn't it kind of interesting the two biggest smoking gun pics for the ACT's have no original source?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
She just wrote the article, she lists the sources for them as:
www.rense.com...

Engine part:

This photo of engine remains was taken in either D or C-ring by VATF-1 workers.

Nose wheel:

In the heap of debris next to the hole lies an airliner wheel hub from one of the landing gears (as shown on TLC's "Pentagon Under Fire," aired 9/11/02):

She doesn't appear to say what the source of the landing gear picture was.

But they were shown on TV back then I believe, it is a pretty long time ago now. Even the article was written nearly 4 years ago.

EDIT:

I've checked up and it would appear she was the first person to publish the image son the Internet, you bring up an interesting and valid point. I'm not sure they actually were released in any official capacity.

This page represents some work done by other people to identify wreckage and match it to a 757. It also includes some matches from my research. The rim and the piece from the high pressure system of the engine is the work of Sarah Roberts first released in the following article on the Jeff Rense website in December of 2002. Photos of Flight 77 Wreckage Inside the Pentagon.

When those photos were released the previous article was the sole source of them on the internet. Many people did not and still do not know who actually took them. I have since located the photographers and understand why they want anonymity. If I were there in any sort of official capacity I too might be hesitant to release my name in regards to certain photos. Let's just say for what it's worth I believe in the authenticity of these photos and respect the anonymity of the individuals who took them.
www.pentagonresearch.com...

[edit on 3-6-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
She doesn't appear to say what the source of the landing gear picture was.

But they were shown on TV back then I believe, it is a pretty long time ago now. Even the article was written nearly 4 years ago.

Don't you see my concern about these photos and their authenticity? Does the other side really want to bet all it's marbles on Ms. Roberts word about where they came?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well yeah I see your point completely (and I'm really not being sarcastic this time), I'd forgotten over the years where they came from, hell maybe I never even acknowledged it. While I still think it's unlikely they are false, they have not been released in an official capacity by the looks of it. The problem with any information we get though, is that it's authenticity can always be questioned. Unless you were there yourself you can't take anything for granted, and some people would probably say that even then you couldn't believe it because you might be programmed to think you saw it.
But i do see your point, it's a useful and very valid one.

new topics

top topics

join