It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Attacks At The 2006 FIFA World Cup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I have just read an article on Conspiracy planet which i think a lot you will find quite interesting
Here's The link:www.conspiracyplanet.com... entid=3553&page=2

It's about the possibility of a terrorist attack on presumably a stadium during the world cup by the israeli group Mossad but getting it all blamed on iran because we all know that israel and the US are dying to attack iran.
I just wonder which matches with the USA, England & iran all playing, i just wanted to see what you guys thought obviously read the article first because it goes into more detail than me and provides explainations as to why

CX

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is the full list of group draws....

news.bbc.co.uk...

However you'll have to ask someone who can stand the game to get an idea what these mean!
Being an avid footie hater, i have'nt a clue how it all works from here on. Do they play everyone else in all the other groups?

CX.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Every group plays it's internal games and the top 2 teams qualify for the win or your owt scenarios.

I too was thinking of the implications of a terrorist strike.. I mean it's ideal isn't it? With the majority of the world watching events unfold, in effect a global catastrophe for all to see. Apart from Mossad I can think of several other groupd which would seize the oppertunity for death and destruction.. fingers crossed for the best..

oh and that England win

[edit on 31-5-2006 by Knights]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
an attack on any stadium at the world cup would cause 60,000 casulties now that would surely be the worst terrorist attack in human history, i just think it would be too conspicious afterwards.
Im hgoing to record every game i can so i can get live footage if it happens incase incriminating stuff gets filtered out by governments

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
As much as I dislike Iran, setting up a terrorist attack at the world cup would not make Iran look guilty at all, but would go the other way. The world is much more aware of the crap that is going on behind the scenes in this so called war on terror, that a terrorist attack would only unveil Israel and the USA for what they really are....snake oil merchants of death and destruction.

Seriously, why would the Iranians want to launch an attack at the world cup? They know an attck on US or Israeli players would mean an immediate retaliation by those countries. I think that they are smarter than that, and like I said I dislike them as much as the next bloke, but by not biting the bait that the US and Israel are planting, will only infuriate USA and Israel even further to the point they slip up for the whole world to see.

Big game of chess going on here!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
i you read the article it does provide a reason why they would whether it is valid or not, but you've gotta say that there is potential for an attack

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
just read this on a belgian site:

rumsfeld rejected the invitation to attend the opening game for unknown reasons.
maybe it means nothing, he has better work to do... or maybe he knows about a thread?
just guessing...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
forgot the link, for those who understand dutch :

www.hln.be...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
sorry for the spelling mistake: thread = threat!

another interesting link on this matter:

www.politicalgateway.com...

little bit off topic but I'm really curious what will happen when President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his 'bodyguards' arrives in germany! Should't he be arrested at the airport for denying the holocaust?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
no, i think they should leave footie alone. i am sure the security will be really high, and this sort of thing should not be brought up in the public(should be kept away from publics eyes)

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Below are the key groups, refering to this thread, shame none of the country will go head to head, at least not in the early stage.

I suppose the threat was always going to be there, always is with big events now.

But yes, we've seen the underhand tactics used, problem, reaction, solution.

GROUP D
Mexico
Iran
Angola
Portugal

GROUP E
Italy
Ghana
USA
Czech Republic

GROUP B
England
Paraguay
Trinidad & Tobago
Sweden

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
my guess is that it would be a game involving the USA but i think their first game would have security levels higher than the others not consiously but the security staff will feel more at ease after the first few games go off without a hitch, so maybe the second or third games.
Saturday 17th June Italy VS USA 20:00 Kaiserslautern Game 2
Thursday 22nd June Ghana VS USA 15:00 Nuremberg Game 3

these would be my guess as to game in danger unless of course the usa an iran meet but that is certainly not guaranteed
what u think

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i should not focus on the games itself. of course an attack on a stadium with 60 000 people would cause massive casualties...
But also the hotels where the usa players stay, the transfers to the training fields,... this could also trigger an attack from an islamic group!
Like the olympics long time ago, look what they did with the israeli participants in their hotel... oh god, was that in germany????

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
maybe a different kind of terrorism like the munich olympics hostage situation could happen say the terrorist take a team hostage

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
that is a possibility xenesthad! although i think the usa team will be highly protected!

you read this story xenesthad, about the world cup 2002 in France? Al qaida was planning to attack the england squad, especially seemann and shearer should have been killed right then?? The french intelligence service twharted the attack just a week before the start of the WC.
i'll try to post a link on that! let me search...

BUT let's all hope nothing happens and we all can enjoy a great world cup with some tremendous matches! too bad belgian doesn't participate

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i meant the EC 2000 in france!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
grrrr i'm all screwed up here with the dates! sorry for that!

WK 1998, that was it!

www.quepasa.com...

and for the WK 2002:
soccernet.espn.go.com...

and know already threats for the WK 2006, hope they don't succeed this time!

anyone has other links on this?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Better not, this year us Yanks have a decent chance of success. Though we do have a tough bracked with Italy, Ghana, and the Czech Republic. This is probably the best team Italy has had in a while and they are always a power in world soccer. It would really make me angry. I'm finally starting to get into the game of soccer(football if you wish) and I would like to see my country break out this year. Especially after losing 1-0 to Germany in the last world cup semi's. But anyhow, security will be tighter than spandex so hopefully nothing will go down.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
well lets hope not but if it does happen i will be ready to collect evidence and piece it together before our governments start spouting crap about how the war on terrorism is taking a step up

new topics

top topics

join