It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 - cultural meme or independent weirdness?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I guess it belongs here.

I was reading this thread, and found a great pic of Titan [Taken September 23, 1995].

[edit on 5/1/07 by Implosion]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Robert Anton Wilson Defies Medical Experts and leaves his body @4:50 AM on binary date 01/11.

All Hail Eris!

On behalf of his children and those who cared for him, deepest love and gratitude for the tremendous support and lovingness bestowed upon us.

(that's it from Bob's bedside at his fnord by the sea)

RAW Memorial February 2007
date to be announced

Source.

RIP RAW.

[edit on 13/1/07 by Implosion]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
i just heard about this.

the world has lost one of its greatest thinkers, but his ideals will live on through us, as long as we are free and we defy those that would infringe upon this freedom.

rest in peace Bob, wherever you wind up.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I was greatly saddened to hear of RAW's passing. I was in the pub and a friend told me... tears started to my eyes.

Hail Eris - he had a good one, anyway.

And I saw an interesting 23 last night on the BBC series, Trust me I'm a Healer... "I've been married to you for 23 years and I don't know you any more..."

You had to be there...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I saw one of the local Masons buying 3 Dr. Peppers with the 23 on the side of them today - he paid for his purchase, looked up an me and winked beofre strolling out the door.

I don't know this guy.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Hail Eris! All Hail Bob!

Celebrate the life, work and continued multi-dimensionality of Robert Anton Wilson by joining us in a giant, jammin' Translation Celebration and 8th Circuit Soiree!

. Reconnect with old friends. Make new, like-minded friends. Share ideas. Exchange email addresses. (It's like the Internet, only in person.)
. Be a part of Bob's Raucous Processionary Send-Off as his ashes sail out of the cove and rejoin his beloved's in the Pacific!
. Watch continuous video clips of RAW from "Maybe Logic" documentary and from his numerous Trajectories videos.
. Expand your mind (and your tummy) with hors d'ourvres, soft drinks, and a cash bar.
. Expand your neighbors' minds by sharing remembrances and anecdotes at the open mic! (Brevity and levity are appreciated!)
. Mingle, nosh, remember, appreciate, celebrate!
. And above all, Keep the Lasagna Flying!

RAW DATA:

Where: The Cocoanut Grove, on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, CA: www.cocoanutgrovesantacruz.com
When: Sunday, February 18, 2007
Time: 1 - 6 PM
Tickets: $23 each
Limited number available! To purchase tickets, or for additional
information: www.impermanentpress.com/pages2/raw-tix.html

RAW FAQ:

Q: How can I help kick out the jams?
A: Contribute to the media presentation. Forward photos of Bob or other creative visual remembrances that relate to RAW and his work. Your images will be included in a projected media presentation for all to enjoy. Please email your .jpegs (300-600 dpi) to [email protected] no later than February 11th. Please consider contributing even if you can't be there in person.

Q: Is it always sunny in California?
A: Not in February, Chester. It's winter, and it can get DANG cold at the ocean. If you plan to play outside, dress for CHILLY weather and you will be fine and toasty.

Q: I'm coming from a long way away. Can I crash at your place?
A: Umm... not really. Click here to search for lodging in Santa Cruz County: www.santacruzcounty.travel

Q: I'm sorry...I spaced. Where did you say this was again?
A: The Cocoanut Grove is a famous ballroom attached to the Santa Cruz, CA, Beach Boardwalk (which is celebrating its centennial this year). Boardwalk arcades and amusement park rides (including the Giant Dipper, regularly voted one of America's Top 10 Rollercoasters) are open from 11am to 6pm Saturday, Sunday and Monday for the President's Day Holiday! All Hail Thomas Jefferson! Impeach Bush!

Q: So what is there to do before/after the ceremony?
A: If you've never communed with the redwoods, visit Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, just minutes up the road! Or enjoy one of Santa Cruz's fine restaurants (Bob loved the Golden Buddha in Soquel, for instance). Click here to search for more activities in Santa Cruz.

**Feel free to repost this announcement without changes**

RAW Data

Wish I could make it.

[edit on 25/1/07 by Implosion]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I saw a trailer for the Jim Carrey movie Number 23 so i did some research about 23 and I found 9+11+2+0+0+1=23. I wonder why this hasn't been posted here before. Odd. I'm also 23 years old.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by ListenD]

Dae

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
looked up an me and winked beofre strolling out the door.

Maybe he winked at you 'cos he wanted you to have his babies *grins*

I bought my son some cheap socks and it wasnt till I got home did I notice the 23's all over them. This happened a couple of months ago and I completely forgot this thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Somebody earlier mentioned Tarot cards.

23 = Two Three = The Tower (anagram)

having a revelation
suddenly realizing the truth
exposing what was hidden
having a burst of insight
seeing through illusions
getting the answer
seeing everything in a flash

Tarot = At Tor.

Tor has many answers.

If only we could UnderStand.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Caught one last night during the BBC screening of a film whose title I cannot remember right now... but it was from an early book by Thomas Harris about a guy who wants to kill loads of people at the Superbowl by detonating a bomb from a blimp. Our evil protagonist - an ex-pilot and veteran - has to go for a psychiatric evaluation at 2:30... he comes to the desk of an unpleasant receptionist and is told brusquely to "take a number". His number is in the mid-fifties... but the next number she calls out is, of course, 23.

For fans of the law of fives, I also read an interview with Virginia Madsden in today's Independent in which she talks about the "cupcake effect". One day she decided to concentrate on cupcakes. Suddenly they're everywhere. A new store opens up selling cupcakes, there are articles on CNN, a sudden new gift of cupcakes from her agent... culminating in seeing a guy with a cupcake on his t-shirt with a massive arrow pointing to it...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Found this in amongst the anon posts:

Following the link provides an explanation of sorts.

Bird flu detected near Moscow, strain yet unknown

16.02.2007, 22.23

MOSCOW, February 16 (Itar-Tass) -- All poultry farms in the Moscow region are under strict quarantine, as bird flu virus has been detected at two farmsteads, acting Moscow regional governor Alexei Panteleyev told Itar-Tass.

He said the access to poultry farms will be limited, and local personnel will be under permanent medical surveillance.

All wild birds that may appear within the poultry farms’ range will be shot down, eh said.

Source.

[edit on 16/2/07 by Implosion]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
wat about 14. 14 never gets any attention.

c'mon people, 1+4=5

5-2=3

the implications are satanic, there is no other possible conclusion

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ListenD
I saw a trailer for the Jim Carrey movie Number 23 so i did some research about 23 and I found 9+11+2+0+0+1=23. I wonder why this hasn't been posted here before. Odd. I'm also 23 years old.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by ListenD]

but 2+3=5, so isn't 5 the meaning of the universe ?

and Joe DiMaggio wore #5

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
In game adverts? Grrr

Google is buying in-game advertising company AdScape Media for $23 million, a source familiar with the deal who asked to remain anonymous said Friday.

Source.

Damn you trickster 23!

[edit on 18/2/07 by Implosion]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Found here:

I just couldn't resist.

[edit on 20/2/07 by Implosion]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ok, no Reliant Robin this time:

Iran vowed on Wednesday to press on with its nuclear fuel program, ignoring a U.N. deadline to freeze uranium enrichment or face broader sanctions.

However, the Islamic republic offered to guarantee it would not try to develop atomic weapons.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad remained defiant, even as a 60-day grace period -- that Iran had been given December 23 to stop enriching uranium for nuclear fuel -- was expiring.

Source.

[edit on 21/2/07 by Implosion]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

but 2+3=5, so isn't 5 the meaning of the universe ?

and Joe DiMaggio wore #5

2+3 does equal 5 and that might very well be the meaning of the universe but combining 5 to 6 is the driving power, Alchemy. Not to mention Joe wed Marilyn Monroe! They were married for 274 days. 2+7+4=13. Thirteen is the 6th prime number. 11 is the 5th. 5+6=11. Now that's golden!

Just the Facts.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Anyway hope these links that sound related help if you you want clues behind the mystery of 23. Also the mystery of other numbers that may accociate with it.

asis.com...

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

www.wordworx.co.nz...

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
W - apart from the obvious Idiot in the W(hite) house, where could we go from there?

[edit on 27-5-2006 by rich23]

Yeah. . . George W. Bush.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
2x3=6
6 is the number of man
666 is the number of the beast

2/3 of the angels decided to stick it out in Heaven with God after Lucifer and the other third fell.

The address of the Freemasons lodge in Stafford, England is 23 Jaol Rd. In New York it is on 23rd street.

The Templars had only 23 Grandmasters. Jacques de Molay was the 23rd and last of the Templar Grandmasters.

Level of ONE; The newest front society of the Illuminated, the 23rd level of the ONE is reported to be the last level attainable (achieving departure from Earth).

In Aleister Crowley's Cabalistic Dictionary, he defines the number 23 as the number of "parting, removal, separation, joy, a thread, and life..."

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Funkydung]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join