It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going on a hunt.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Whoever told this guy to take a bb gun with him should have their head examined.

Ok, hear me out. Not that I believe what is in the woods is anything at all, to tell the truth, I think it's a kid making up a story, BUT, what if it's a military or police exercise that is going on, and suddenly they see this guy walking up on them with a gun...yes, a bb gun can, and does look like a real gun unless examined closely. do you think it's worth this guy's life? C'mon people...THINK!!!!

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I bags his shoes!

nah but seriously mate, take care! Good luck and god bless!

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I would rather die trying to defend myself than be helplessly and fearfully abducted and/or probed, dissected, or mutated. It is never a big deal to be completely safe when investigating suspicious phenomenon.

As far as military or police, as a citizen you have every right to investigate equipped to defend yourself any strange occurences you believed to be happening in your own backyard.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Why don't you bring some guns in addition to all those cameras?

Are you sure they aren't setting you up for a joke?

[edit on 21-5-2006 by Christian IX]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm back, and I have just had the worst night of my entire life, we walked through the woods for a few hours, seeing nothing, so we were really disappointed and set up camp.

As we were going to sleep, I heard twigs breaking outside of my hole, excited, I grabbed my camera, flicked it on and ran slap bang into the hind end of a dear, which kicked me. I went back to sleep in pain, got up in the moring and we left back to the house with nothing but anger.

I am so sorry to disappoint everyone, if it's any consolation, I'm not talking to my cousin for a LONG time.

I'm gutted, and as I expect, are many of you.

Sorry guys.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Nope, I'm actually happily satisfied! You've now seen, first-hand, how stories can be exaggerated or falsified. He may have seen some lights, but it could have been a number of things - and that thing wasn't a common phenomenon.

Now, as for you getting kicked by the deer, I almost laughed!

I feel bad for you for getting kicked, but that's a lot closer to a living deer than most people will get. That had to hurt though... they're not weak animals. haha!

Anyways, glad to hear from you, and don't feel bad. A lot of people in this thread were foolish, saying you were in danger, or telling you what to do if something happens. None of them have had any real experience, so it don't count. A lot of them took your cousin's story at face value too... believing it without any supporting information.

Perhaps your cousin did see something, but next time get him to explain what happened in detail to you, and then come to me - and I'll try to explain it in a way that DOESN'T require UFOs or ghosts first. If I can't explain it, or if that explanation doesn't satisfy you, you can once again go into the woods! Who knows - next time you might get lucky!

Anyways, all in all, glad to hear from you, and sorry about the bruise marks on yer body right now

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Goodness! I expected War of the Worlds to commence in true H.G.Wells style!
How deflated we must all feel after waiting two nail biting nights.

Seriously, though, concerning your safety I agree with sensfan. You could have been well out of your depth iresspective of sporting a weapon.
The correct proceedure would have been to report this incident to the local constabulary sit back and await the results.
Rendlesham it is not but if it had have been would you really wanted to be in the middle of it........?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
no not disappointed at all. great effort though !
Maybe some venice to celebrate ?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I guess the deer thing was pretty funny, well, it wasn't at the time!

I think I got some good footage of the deer though, I'm going to have a look through it in a minute.

Not a wasted trip though, as Yarium said, I can now see first hand that many things arn't as they seem.

Oh, and who out, ''gonna die'' in the tags, that made me laugh.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

Oh, and who out, ''gonna die'' in the tags, that made me laugh.
That would be me. All in good fun though.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You have voted Zanzibar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Deer oh Deer ,

sorry you didn't see any orbs or ufos of any thing of that nature , glad to see you lived though , this thread has made me howl with laughter , what with the whole hearted sincerity that some members have predicted your untimely demise at the hands of E.T and the helpful hints about needing to take spears with you ( bloody spears
) thank you Zanzibar for entertaining me , I have voted you for the Way Above Top Secret award , for your intrepidnass and daring in taking on Bambi with out so much as a spear or machete and living to tell the tale , you truely are a brave man , I couldn't do some thing like that *turns slowly to the ATS community and points* , could you?

[edit on 21-5-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You have voted Zanzibar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month. Not for the posts but for bravery.

You must be bloody mad going out there camping in this weather. I was out there myself yesterday for a wedding and it was pretty rough.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
By all means go check it out. I know I would.

I recomend checking out the area in the day before going out at night.

Wear camoflauge and wear a bright orange shirt underneath if you think theres hunting.
If theres hunting out there your friend would most likely have heard gunshots.

If the light is moving about you could try to make a cone microphone like they have at sports games. Maybe a decent micrphone and some giant poster cardboard or a roll up toboggan sled might work?

Line a hat with tinfoil or they might HACK YOUR BRAIN.

If theres actually anything and it appears appear dangerous you should definately lay down like a sniper if you decide to scout it out anyway.

If an alien is abducting you, trying puking in their eyes! Although they would most likely eat you alive for that!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well for some reason I didnt read the second and third pages.

You have voted Zanzibar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You have voted Zanzibar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Way to go dude!

You went out there expecting the worst and you were hoodwinked by Bambi.
There are waaay worse ways to lose your dignity.

I hope you try again, maybe they were sleeping last night.

Good effort though. Gonna post the deer pics?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
wow Zanzibar, i don't think i would of been game enough to go out in the woods,
and nice work with the deer!
made my day that did!

[edit on 22/5/0606 by Korsyn01]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hey, Zanzibar!

Yes, we're a lil disappointed that it turned out nothing but hey, we're happy that you're here in one piece! But anyway, way to go!

Sorry about the deer assault though.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thanks for all the well wishes and everything, I had a day off today, my stomachs kinda gone purple, the bruise should go soon enough though. Tommorrow I'm going to go in during the day, scope out the place a bit more, see if there actually is anything of interest.

I am thinking about going out again, even though I'm pretty annoyed that I didn't find anything, theres always a chance!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Glad you did not kill/injure anything/anyone, nor you have been killed.

Did you remember to leave camera at your cousin? (so next time you don't have to make a trip to woods
)

I also voted for 'way above'
)

[edit on 5/22/06 by vietifulJoe]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I've got all my cameras with me, but the last thing I told him was to,

''Toughen up, stop being a £$%^&* and take a picture next time it comes around''

So hopefully if he's not being a liar/ I was unlucky/ or the aliens like cameras, we'll get a picture. Don't count on that though.

By the way, if I do go again, I might spend an entire weekend out there, set up some cameras and stuff, greaten my chances of seeing something.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join