It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Teachings of Atlantis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by slave

The being who was known in one of his lifetimes as Jesus, is an excellent example of this. Known also by other names throughout history, he was our Grand Master, the foremost leader of the Children of the Law of One throughout the ages. His example of strength through self-discipline, caring and Unselfish Love, spread a message throughout the world. A message he knew would only get told throughout the world if he made the ultimate self-sacrifice.
www.palmdigitalmedia.com...

I got a major rush of energy when I read that part, because it is exactly in line with my internal feelings.

Jesus=Buddah=a=b=c=d=e=f, etc

A transdimensional entity that was a perfect copy of GOD's instructions for mankind.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Jesus=Buddah=a=b=c=d=e=f, etc

Jesus equals Buddha? Buddas teachings and Jesus's teachings are very different.

Deep

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
that's it exactly! I don't how to put it exactly but I was experienicing an energy rush (around the heart chakra) you could say just reading the book, I have come way with the same feeling when reading some parts of the Bible or other spiritual texts but nothing has come close the the buzzing from 'Lost teachings of Atlantis'

I really believe there is truth to what he is saying.

One could argue the core of Jesus and Budda's message is the same, if looked at without the taint of dogma

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Some ancient wisdom from the Lost Teachings site

www.atlantis.to... (for more)

Interfere Only
with the Free Will of Those
Who are Interfering with the Free
Will of Others.

The rock is dissolved
By the gentle rain drop
So too, patient perseverance
Has great power
To overcome the greatest obstacles

Knowledge Without Humility,
& Self-Sacrifice,
is Meaningless.
And can be Harmful.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Oh yes, archeaology has many problems, just like my man said.I am a college student, who changed my major after I found out how corrupt archaeology was.I even heard from several archaeologists and anthropologists themselves that the fields were mostly "political" and that what some might consider the "truth" and "facts" are not always what count.I know how the scientific community gets defensive when you question something from there field, I will just tell you this, there are many consistencies with myths worldwide about sunken continents and floods on a global scale, and not just ancient mesopotamia.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
*breathes deep and tries to calm down* *looks at slave's post again and spontaneously combusts*
I feel like a real idiot going after Byrd on this issue after Atlantis has been associated with such romantic dribble, but for those of you who have actually READ the dialogues, remember that the faint heart has never yet raised a trophy, so here I go.

1 A. Are you absolutely certain that there couldn't have been a discussion of Atlantis without you? Not perhaps while you were in the men's room or out to lunch?
1 B. If this subject never came up, why did anyone endeavor to prove by some scientific or historical method that Plato was lying? For that matter, have you actually SEEN a copy of the confession which I presume you are alluding to. (Afteral, scientists don't jump to conclusions do they?)

2. As pointed out earlier, he wrote two dialogues, one of which makes a reference to Atlantis and one of which is focused on a war between ancient Athens and Atlantis. It details the origins, location, government, military, and destruction of the island.

3 A. The deluge story is found on all six continents. If it came from a single common source about a single region you have to truncate the timeline of human history and put all of humanity in close proximity to eachother somewhere just a few thousand years ago. Only a Christian would go for that! As a matter of fact, you can scarcely avoid this because of the level of detail shared by the story on different continents. For example, in Apache and Toltec beliefs, the flood was followed by a Tower of Babel story.
3 B. Furthermore, Christians may be happy to believe in Atlantis- Plato says atlanteans were mortal children of Poseidon wiped out by an inundation- this falls right in line with the deluge destroying the Ephilim.
3 C. One last question- are you a Norse supremecist? How many cultures histories can be undermined by an omission in Norse history? And do the Norse expressly believe it didn't happen, or do they just not believe that it did? Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

4. On the subject of survivors, it is interesting to note that several American cultures say they come from Aztlan or Atlan. I'll give you three guesses where the word Aztec comes from. The word Hurricane has European roots, but it is also the name of a god of the abyss to a certain tribe (i think toltec or olmec). The Clovis people of the Americas had primitive technology like that of Solutreans on the Iberian Peninsula and in France. There is ample evidence for trans-atlantic relations in ancient times, some of which explicitly suggest the existence of Atlantis, and some of which is certainly easier to explain at least if Atlantis did exist.
www.crystalinks.com...
www.earth-history.com...

Now let's go to the dialogue and get some truth. No more fantastic half-baked dreams.
Plato doesn't say Atlantis has ultra-modern technology. He makes it pretty clear that Athens is the boss, and he mentions that the Atlantean army uses chariots, archers, swords, etc.
Plato says it's right outide the straight of gibralter, and big enough to be an impassible barrier of mud to ships saling to any part of the sea. The mid atlantic ridge fits the bill.
Plato makes it pretty clear that these people did not flee and build Greece, Egypt and CERTAINLY not Rome. Slave's author is just insane on this point obviously. Plato speaks of Atlantis, Greece, and Egypt among other nations all side by side, and Rome was a younger heir to the Greeks. If there were Atlanteans, they were not much different from the rest of the world and they likely did very little for us after the fall of their homeland, except to be personally assimilated into cultures that don't even remember them anymore.

In the end, I have to side with byrd against the general tone of slave's post, which makes a great special for Unsolved Mysteries and a very annoying piece of reading for those of us who want to decide for ourselves based on the facts. At the same time, i can't help leveling my guns on the words of a very bright individual who is just a little too comfortable with the things he was always taught.

This last link shows the Mid Atlantic ridge, with 3 offshoots facing Spain. It is somewhat reminescent of the trident shape which is associated with Poseidon, and his portion of the earth projecting from the sea.
www.fourmilab.ch...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Archeology will be forced to radically change their cemented views relatively soon. Notwithstanding Atlantis, there are too many loose threads that anthropologists and archeologists refuse to recognize, deal with, or allow objective research presented.
There is a lot of evidence a world wide trading system existed thousands of years before columbus "discovered" the Americas.
Indians walking across the Siberian straights..? gimme a break. OUr ancestors were brilliant people, and expert sailors. How did the aborigines arrive in australia 70,000 years ago....how did the indonesians populate islands 600,000 years ago...they didnt walk across the ocean, they sailed. and with those ships they traded and formed worldwide trading cartels

Atlantis...there is evidence that a Mother culture of some type existed previous to maybe a catastrophe, a massive war, ecological disaster..something that destroyed them and left the seeds that resulted in the great egyptian, sumerian, Tehuanacu, and many other great cultures we cannot fit into the generally accepted timeline that the texbooks teach.
There are massive pottery factories in Brazil that employed ten thousand people. you would need a population of a million to support this, and the factory is more than 25,000 years old. There are too many loose threads....the old school archeologists and anthropologists will be forced to recant the accepted dogma, and recognize the truth.
Mankind rises and falls, it is not a straightline from the discovery of fire to the microchip. Greece developed the analog computer 4000 years ago. Europe "invented" the anolog computer 3500 years later. Hero invented the steam engine thousands of years before Europe knew what to do with it.
Accept that something existed, and was destroyed. Atlantis....i dont know. But to simply dismiss it out of hand is altogether incorrect, and is wholly unscientific.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Graham Hancock recently wrote an interesting book entitled "Underworld: Mysterious Origins of Civilization":

www.amazon.com...=1085371269/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/103-2454862-2742213?v=glance&s=books

Although he's careful to stay away from the "Atlantis" myth, he cites geological evidence that the Earth underwent a massive global flood in about 10,000 BC (the time frame in which Plato places the destruction of Atlantis), + he takes the reader on an underwater tour of lost (submerged) ruins in the Persian Gulf, off the coast of India + Japan as well as in the Bahamas.

It's an interesting book, whether or not you believe in the Atlantis myth..

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Amen Toolmaker. It is incredibly frustrating (and shockingly common) to encounter such assertions as "I've been a (your field here)-ologist for X amount of years and I KNOW what is and is not possible." It's scientifcally irresponsible but it frees up a lot of time for resting on laurels, which is VERY pleasant I must admit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join