It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Teachings of Atlantis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I've read this book,

The Lost Teachings of Atlantis,

it is in my opinion, the most important book I have ever read.

atlantis.to...

Atlantis, lost city-continent,
lost manuscripts-scrolls
Scientists no longer argue the existence of Atlantis, just its location. Could the writers of the "Dead Sea Scrolls", a spiritual order called the Essenes, be one of many splinter group descendents of Atlantis?

The dead sea scrolls are two thousand years old, many are hidden away by the Vatican and Rockefeller foundation, yet even the "publicly released" scroll translations reveal amazing information - but there is far more.

The dead sea scrolls weren't discovered until the late '50s. Until then, the existence of the Essenes were an unproven myth, scientifically speaking. Is the legend of Atlantis more than just a myth also? As with many myths, stories are often based in fact. Like the dead sea scrolls, information also exists about other "lost" civilizations or cultures.

The ancient Greek scholar, Plato, gave detailed accounts of "the lost city of Atlantis" (or lost continent of Atlantis). Are there other descendents of Atlantis alive now, who's children's children have always been taught their long history in secret?

Many believe the "great flood" was the legendary disaster that sunk lost Atlantis. What if there were survivors of the cataclysm that destroyed Atlantis? Survivors who chose to remain isolated from the rest of the world, and live in secret? Could such people be the foundation of many stories & legends? Might the mythical Greek and Roman gods have been from the lost continent of Atlantis? Could legendary places like Mt. Olympus, Shangri-la, and more, be the isolated encampments where they lived? Could the historical legends of the Hopi, be about escaping the cataclysms of Atlantis (on flying turtle shells)?

As Plato's story was a "modern account" about Atlantis, for those who lived in his lifetime - "The Lost Teachings of Atlantis", is a modern factual account, for your lifetime, written by an actual "descendent".

This book is the true story of the author's discovery of, and 3 years in, a secret monastery hidden deep in the Himalayas. The Shargung la monastery (named after a pass nearest the far away monastery in a "forbidden" area of Tibet) was the source of legends, such as "Shangri la" (from a "fiction" book written by James Hilton). It remained totally isolated and undisturbed until recently.

Unlike the Hopi who were not part of the Children of the Law of One (CLO) and barely escaped at the last minute, the monks of the order of the CLO, had long prepared for the disaster, and moved before hand. Thus, they still practiced the ways of their forefathers - survivors of Atlantis that had gone to Egypt, then later, Tibet, the Pyrenees, the Yucatan, and other locales.

The book is not about the discovery, archeology, or sociology however. It is the revelation of their teachings, history, and prophecy, which have been released at this time (the final years of "life as we know it"), as dictated by their own prophecy, and that in the Edgar Cayce readings.

It is presented in an easy to read format that allows the reader to join the author as he learns the teachings at the monastery. It includes much information, such as how to return to our original spiritual state through special meditation techniques and daily practices, why the world and other people are the way they are, and far more.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by slave
Scientists no longer argue the existence of Atlantis, just its location.

...and we can stop right there.

You see, I'm a scientist. In fact, I'm an anthropologist and one of the courses we take/teach is archaeology. Here's two facts:
1) we never argued about Atlantis in the first place.
2) Plato made it up.

Could the writers of the "Dead Sea Scrolls", a spiritual order called the Essenes, be one of many splinter group descendents of Atlantis?

No, and this reveals the author's basic unfamiliarity with Jews and Jewish culture. The Essenes began to emerge around 135 B.C. and most think they're an offshoot of the Hassidim, a faction of pious Jewish sages. Their practices and works are consistant with that idea:
www.jerusalemperspective.com...

The dead sea scrolls weren't discovered until the late '50s. Until then, the existence of the Essenes were an unproven myth, scientifically speaking.

Until then, science had never heard of them. They weren't a myth... they were unknown.

The ancient Greek scholar, Plato, gave detailed accounts of "the lost city of Atlantis" (or lost continent of Atlantis).

Actually, he didn't. He gave about 2 paragraphs on it.

Are there other descendents of Atlantis alive now, who's children's children have always been taught their long history in secret?

No, but there are a lot of people out there who believe that people will rush out to buy books of "facts" about Atlantis... "facts" that they've "channeled."

Many believe the "great flood" was the legendary disaster that sunk lost Atlantis.

MOST of the people who believe in the "great flood" are Christians and they wouldn't believe in Atlantis. There is no evidence for a "great flood", by the way (no, not all civilizations have myths like this. The Norse don't, for one example.)

What if there were survivors of the cataclysm that destroyed Atlantis? Survivors who chose to remain isolated from the rest of the world, and live in secret? Could such people be the foundation of many stories & legends? Might the mythical Greek and Roman gods have been from the lost continent of Atlantis?

No, but they're good speculations for people who don't know much about the legends and culture to write books to sell. At this rate, I'm tempted to write my own book on this and claim the Atlanteans came down from the moon and that Cyrano de Bergerac actually traveled to the moon and spoke to them there.

Could legendary places like Mt. Olympus, Shangri-la, and more, be the isolated encampments where they lived? Could the historical legends of the Hopi, be about escaping the cataclysms of Atlantis (on flying turtle shells)?

Dear gods... "flying turtle shells?????"

As Plato's story was a "modern account" about Atlantis, for those who lived in his lifetime - "The Lost Teachings of Atlantis", is a modern factual account, for your lifetime, written by an actual "descendent".

No, it's a totally made up account to get your money.

The book is not about the discovery, archeology, or sociology however.

...because the author knows that my peers would be even LESS kind to him for his imaginary ramblings than I'm being.

It is the revelation of their teachings, history, and prophecy, which have been released at this time (the final years of "life as we know it"), as dictated by their own prophecy, and that in the Edgar Cayce readings.

Mr. Cayce has a LOT to answer for...

It includes much information, such as how to return to our original spiritual state through special meditation techniques and daily practices, why the world and other people are the way they are, and far more.

I think one can do better than to believe in some made up spiritual fluff from someone who has to make up information. The "revelations" aren't that astonishing and seem to be a mish-mash of several cultures.

It's a shame that the author's "original spiritual state" includes the principles of dishonesty and making up information.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
we as a people would not have made it thus far if peoples thought like you...

continue please...

alas point noted some are just dis-believers...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
to some potentially good sites...
that one was good food for the trinity complex...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   

MOST of the people who believe in the "great flood" are Christians and they wouldn't believe in Atlantis. There is no evidence for a "great flood", by the way (no, not all civilizations have myths like this. The Norse don't, for one example.)

if there wasn't a flood explain lake titicaca? theres no rivers to it, and there are ruins under the water there so it wasn't always there, unless there was some underwater civilization there.

moreover fulcanelli writes in Dwellings, "The columns of the Pharoahs' temples bear on them undeniable traces of immersion; in the hypostyle chambers, the slabs, still extant, which form the ceilings have been raised and moved by the oscillating motion of the waves; the disappearance of the outer coating of the pyramids and in general that of the stone joins the evident traces of corrosion by water that can be noticed on the sphinx of giza, as well as on many other works of egyptian statuary"

furthermore there is evidence of a flood among many civilizations, the legend is common among the ancient mesopotamian societies, the Deluge Tablet, the Gilgamesh Epic, and The Atrahasis Epic for example tell of a flood which someone escaped from, these myths are far older than the biblical flood, how about these civilizations and their flood myths? Andaman
Australian Aztec Babylonian Batak Celtic Cheyenne Caddo Chaldean Chippewa Greco-Roman Gunwinggu Hawaiian Huarochiri Huichol Hebrew Hindu Hopi Jicarilla
Kabadi Lakota Mandingo Mayan Mt. Jefferson Malorotare
Miao/Yao Nizqualli Papago Pima Quillayute
Samoan Scandinavian Shasta Navajo Skagit Squamish
Sumerian Tahitian Thai Toltec Tsetsaut Wiranggu Yamana Yanomamo Yoruba Yuma Yakima Zoroastrian
nope, no more evidence of a flood at all

platos dialogues concerning are far more than 2 paragraphs in length, in fact there are 2 seperate writings which refer to Atlantis, Timaeus and Critias, now u may feel it is not very reliable because the story tells of an egyptian priest that told Solon about the battles between Athenians and Atlantians, and the egyptian priest talks more highly of the greeks than the egyptians, and accredits them with greater antiquity, something an egyptian priest would not do, however i believe this part of the story was merely a vehicle to insure it would be preserved through history, as there was an egyptian craze in the times of Plato.

Now to reply to the original post, the knowledge has been seeked since the fall, u may also wanna consider gnostic works, works of the alchemists, things about acension, but not the new age junk stuff, the stuff thats been hidden from us by the power system, i'm on the quest for this knowledge, join me if u like

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
dont let others sway you in your search for the "truth"...
it is out there(and within you)...

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by bigsage]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
yes "the kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty

Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you.

For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed.

If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you

from the gospel of thomas

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   

if there wasn't a flood explain lake titicaca?

Melting glaciers...many such lakes are from them..

However, just as the city of Troy existed, so did Atlantis...but it isn't the secret knowledge storehouse many imagine it to be... Its simply the predecessors of the Incas, Mayans, etc. that once traded with the ancient Egyptians.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a large majority of poverty is due to such socio-political reasons as trade embargoes, greed, monetary battles for dominance, and etc. etc....
these have nothing to do with those who are being and their being being taken advantage of...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
A lot of extremes represented on this thread -

Slave: Could the writers of the "Dead Sea Scrolls", a spiritual order called the Essenes, be one of many splinter group descendents of Atlantis?

They were just religious/political dissident Jews - They were no more Atlanteans than members of the Libertarian or Green Party are. There simply are no indications much less proof that they were anything else.

I think that Slave's post is filled with dream-filled inaccuracies and unsubstantiated postulations, but Byrd's post is equally filled with a vehement dialog of unsubstantiated rebuttal.
Points where I agree with Byrd center around his views of Cayce... the guy was full of crap, I'm with him on that.

However, I differ with his views on the "great flood" of ancient times.

[I] Byrd: There is no evidence for a "great flood", by the way (no, not all civilizations have myths like this. The Norse don't, for one example.)[/I]

No evidence?

Oh come on now Byrd... you are discrediting yourself - thus making the rest of your argument less authoritative and more agenda skewed by spewing such rhetoric.

Just because there are no references to the "great flood" in Norse mythology does not in anyway diminish the accounts represented from other cultures.

Since you seem to dismiss (seemingly prejudicially) the Jewish, Christian and Muslim documents concerning the "great flood" let's ignore them (because they share the same Jewish origin) and move on the other great cultures.

Hindu: Yama, ancestor of the human race, is said to have been saved in a ship from a deluge which swept away all others.

Ancient Peruvian: A flood was said to end the first stage of cosmic life, making everything into a timeless ocean with no horizons.

Chinese: In the Han Dynasty (CE25-220) it was explained by the myth of a monster who had broken through a mountain with his horn, tipping the sky and earth out of line and causing a flood.

Greek: Zeus was said to have sent a flood to punish wickedness. The grandson of Prometheus and his wife were the only survivors, so they were the start of new creation.

Australian Aborigines: refer to it as the Dreamtime flood, Woramba, and also includes a boat to carry the animals of the earth.

Chaldean: Xisuthrus was warned of a coming flood by the God Chronos, who ordered Xisuthrus to write a history and to build a vessel for his relations, friends, and two of every type of animal.

Zoroastrian: Ahura Mazda warned Yima that destruction in the form of floods, and gave him instructions for building a vara in which specimens of small and large cattle, humans, dogs, birds, fires, plants and foods were to be deposited in pairs.

Additionally the Babylonian "Epic of Gilgamesh�, the Sumerian civilization's king�s list, plus the Hopi, Mayas, Aztecs, Incas, Skagit, Mandingo, Yakima, Navaho and Apache Indians all have legends concerning a "great flood".

Archeological Evidence: This is an area of contention with different schools of thought on the subject.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Walter Pitman and William Ryan have done good viable research on the flood and detail arguably overwhelming evidence that the Old Testament story of Noah and the Great Flood (Genesis 6:9-9:17) was actually based on a real-life event, a cataclysmic flood that took place approximately 7,600 years ago, in 5,600 b.c.

It is Pitman's and Ryan's contention, well-supported not just by literary, archaeological, and anthropological evidence, but also by data collected over decades by innumerable experts from many different nations and from a wide variety of scientific fields, that the story of Noah's Flood, as well as the similar Great Flood episodes in other ancient literatures, is the mythological representation of a mighty real-life flood that occurred 7,600 years ago, in 5,600 b.c., when rising sea levels caused the Mediterranean/Aegean Sea to burst through the natural earthen dam that blocked the Bosporus and to rage into the valley of the freshwater Black Sea lake, until the entire basin, and that of the Azov plain beyond, were filled with seawater and connected to the world ocean.

Finally I find your aggressive attempts at debunking anything to do with Atlantis prejudicial at best � as a scholar on the subject one would think you would have more of an open mind an inquisitive �what if� desire at least to piece together a puzzle that has not only the testimony of many of the world�s ancient civilizations but also physical evidence (albeit questionable) on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean.

Rather than wholesale disregard of the possibility of Atlantis it would be interesting to hear point by point substantiated information from as an objective viewpoint as possible on the matter.

That would be interesting indeed�

intelgurl

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
what i wanna know is where is the talk of the TEACHINGS in this post?

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Rather than wholesale disregard of the possibility of Atlantis it would be interesting to hear point by point substantiated information from as an objective viewpoint as possible on the matter.

That would be interesting indeed�

See my debate thread, though as a debate, it was hardly objective, as obviously, I had an agenda...

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Oh, I agree that there was a localized "great flood" in the Mesopotamian area. No problem with that, as well as the devastation caused by the Mediterranean sea being formed. However, many of the legends of the flood seem to have some common sources (coming from an older civilization) and don't speak of a great flood in that particular area.

But there is no geological/archaeological/etc evidence for a flood that covered the entire earth.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
if you can believe NOVA programming,
the recent episode refered to the Black Sea as once being lake front property...and the possible origination of Flood Account...
~~~

about the Question....where's the lost/hidden knowledge?

my view, is that when the mythic g-d caused the flood
it was because humanity (incl Atlantis?) was become ammoral, decadent, & mystical sciences were the decadent norm....the 'morbid' scientists in Atlantis found ways to gene-modification & manipulations to make 'chimera' & 'satyrs' etc etc
Pretty much where our present bio-engineers want to go. organ replication vats/ clones et al
And this Knowledge- was kept from man by way of the Flood...sending human cultures back to the neo-lithic
(TO START OVER !!)

I'm kinda of the view that the new Jihad, is another stay of execution by the g-d...a plan to send human societies back to the middle ages...for their own good & survival.

Consider the Venus Flytrap Plant....will a examination of it's gnome, reveal that some sort of DNA re-engineering caused this unique plant to appear....in line with the time frame of Atlantis?? **(never seen an ancient FOSSIL of this plant !)** the Flytrap plant localized to the areas which may have had close proximity to the fabled land.

ERGO:secrets & knowledge, forbidden sciences of the scientists of Atlantis---are to be kept secret/ unknown..

do we really want an Island of Dr Moreau??
~~~
oh, yeah, the Essenes-->www.essenes.crosswinds.net...
(they could of learnt from previous cultures...because they have a recurring battle between light-dark & periodic calamatous extinctions interplays in the religious thought....hey, g-d wipes out man by flood? was that a hand-me-down story from/about atlantis? )
+++

have an interesting journey....
s/riff raff

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by riffraffalunas]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Alot of the Atlantis legend is hype, fiction, or wishful thinking. Based on the archeological and historic evidence we have at this time the only conclussion we can truly come to is that
1: Plato's description of Atlantis and other cultures mythological accounts of a destroyed continent are the only evidence that a lost contenint may even have existed. There is absolutely no geologic or archeologic evidence of a society which harnessed unfathomable technologies.
2: The geographic and archeological evidence which has been found so far presents the possiblilty of a number "lost" not sunken cultures, in all these finds their is no evidence of "power crystals" , "death rays", "flying machines" or other technological babble which is normally atrributed to Atlantis.
3: Evidence of a world wide flood is only found in the writings of some cultures their is no physical evidence of a world wide flood. Although their is a geological possibility and evidence that isolated areas of the "old world" may have been flooded via earth quakes, volcanic explosions, and natural flooding.

Based on the above FACTS we can only unfortunatly come to braod conclusions about Atlantis. These Being:

Did Atlantis Exist: There is not sufficient evidence to support the idea of the lost continent. But their is undeniable facts that lend to the possibilty of a lost civilization existing.

Was "Atlantis" a place of tremendous technology: There is absolutely no present evidence which shows the existence of any technologies that rival modern science. On the assumption that Atlantis did exist one may only reason that its technology would be similiar to that of other "post Atlantean" cultures, such as ancient Egypt, Sumeria, and Greece.

Was there a global flood: No, a climatic global event less than a million years old would leave significant evidence. The possiblity of localized flooding in the Mediteranean region and other parts of the globe is more than possible due to sismic events.

To truly seek fact, one must remove the predjudice of what they think, and embrace what they know.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The book and its contents may come across preposterous to the reader (myself included), I decided to put that aside and see if there was any merit to what was said in the pages.

All I can say is the content blew my mind; some of my most profound thoughts were just little asides or paragraphs, things I was looking for my whole life I found, it was amazing.

Jon Peniel (the author) mentions a group of the magi, who came to known as the essences. They were also mentioned metaphorically in the bible as the three wise men

As for Atlantis, I've feel there is allot of evidence staring us right in the face. But that's just my opinion

-Hopi legends speak of flying tortoise shells, seems obvious to me he was making a joke about it.

Anyway here�s a link for all those flood legends, the hopi is one of many

www.talkorigins.org...

or

www.avesta.org...

for Avesta -- Zoroastrian Archives

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by slave]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Here's a tidbit..

there's more chapters on the site

atlantis.to...

Chapter Three
Sources and Descendants
of the Teachings

Including definitions of God, Basics and Prerequisites

the TEACHINGS -

To you they may be

Lost, found, or misplaced.

Earth-shaking, new, or fancy.

Basic, old, and simple.

It matters not.

They ARE Timeless, Useful and Invaluable

This book tells several stories other than my personal one. It tells a story of creation, a story of a long forgotten history, and a story of a spiritual tradition that gave birth to many legends. But primarily, the book accurately reveals the teachings that, without which, none of these stories would exist, or matter. Like some of the stories, while these teachings are part of ancient history, they can also be keys to a promising future.

Some of the teachings of the Children of the Law of One� presented here, have been around a very long time (as far back as Atlantis), and some not so long. The unadulterated teachings of the Children of the Law of One� , have never been directly made public before. But some of them are the source of many other teachings, that have been made public. So you may already know certain things you�re going to read in this book - yet, some of it will still be new information. Other readers may find that much, or all of it will be �new� to them. Obviously, if you are already �enlightened�, reading this book would just be a waste of your time, because it�s purpose is to help those who aren�t enlightened, become enlightened. Since the word enlightenment has many meanings though, I should probably define what we mean by it. We call someone �enlightened� who: 1) Has had a final �death experience� (of the selfish separate self), thus bursting the illusion of separation from everything/God; [this is similar to a �near death experience�, but is deliberately cultivated through spiritual training/ego busting. It is also fully experienced rather than �near�, and doesn�t require nearly dying physically] 2) Has realized and permanently returned to a state of absolute Oneness with the Universal Spirit/God; 3) Is always living in harmony with the Universe and doing the will of God, as a servant of God; 4) Always lives in a state of Unselfish Love. All of the above are one and the same thing, and the change takes place at the same time. If you haven�t achieved that yet, then even if you think you know it all, this book could still help you if you will just �check your ego at the door� and actually apply the teachings rather than just letting them be more �knowledge� you scan into your brain. But generally, regardless of your familiarity with the teachings presented here, the book can offer a sort of �oasis� of fellowship and inspiration, to anyone who feels inside that kindness, compassion, and �harmlessness� (not hurting anyone or anything), are more important than any �belief� of any kind.

Descendants

One of the first questions I asked an elder monk was about Buddhism.

�Raga, why is this monastery located here, in a country so full of Buddhists and Buddhist monasteries?�

�Several reasons, which we�ll discuss soon.�

�Are we related to Buddhism in some way?�

�Buddhism is a beloved relative of ours, and thus some of the teachings are the same. But this is not just the case with Buddhism. We are also related to the Christian, Jewish, Islamic, and many, many other religions. Although some religions are almost unrecognizable from their origins now, almost any religion that speaks of One God (regardless of the name they call God), is somehow related.�

�Why is that? Most people consider such religions conflicting, not �relatives�, and especially Buddhism - a �beloved relative�?�

�The teachings and heritage of the Children of the Law of One� pre-date Buddhism, and all other religions. They all originally came from teachers or teachings of the Children of the Law of One� , or those who somehow became one with the Universal Spirit - the One God, in some other fashion. But keep in mind, that while you may find bits of the Children�s teachings here and there in many other spiritual traditions and religions, they are also unique unto themselves. Our teachings are the source, the roots of the many branches of the tree. And unlike some of the branches, the roots are still alive, still totally pure and uncorrupted. They are like the original roots of the grape vine from which all the different varieties of wine grapes eventually developed from. The teachings you are going to hear about and read here in the monastery�s library, are the original, and presented from the pure, direct lineage. Although, keep in mind that any teachings, including these, aren�t as important as simply applying Unselfish Love, kindness, and compassion in your life, regardless of the source. This is where many have gone wrong - making the teachings, or the leaders, or the religions, more important than the point of what they were really for in the first place.�

�So will we learn only the pure original teachings?�

�No. Our knowledge has been accumulating for ages, and you will learn these too. In fact, some of the knowledge is about our existence before our time on Earth. And these too you will learn in time. But we don�t just present the Children�s teachings here. You will also learn the ways and beliefs of all the world�s religions.�

�Why do that if we have the pure and original source of all other teachings here?�

�Other religious teachings, and cultures, are taught for the purpose of revealing the common threads of unity and truth that could be found woven through diverse religions, and to give teachers of the Children of the Law of One� more of an ability to understand and communicate with anyone they might need to - regardless of their culture or religion. Also because of that, there have been other monasteries of the Children, in various parts of the world.�

Another time, I also asked Gabriel some questions about our monasteries and their relationship to Buddhism.

�The Children�s monasteries, though few in number, were the oldest in many regions of the world, including Tibet. Buddhism as a separate path, didn�t appear until thousands of years after the Children had established monasteries in the �East�. Buddhism, like most religions, was in fact, originally one of the offspring or �branches� of the Children. It developed from the effects and teachings of Adept monks of the Children of the Law of One� . These monks wandered the regions throughout the area, and taught the local people there, and throughout much of what is now called Asia, and the Orient. Various teachers of the Children, who often remained anonymous and never spoke of the secret source of their true lineage or home, became known as �Buddhas�. Did you know there was more than one �Buddha�?�

�No. I thought Buddha was Buddha, just like Jesus was Jesus.�

�That is not so, there were more than one, just as there were many Zoroasters, and many St. Germains, and...�

�Why?�

�Various reasons. I will explain some other time, but that is not the important subject of our conversation right now.�

more here

atlantis.to...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The Lost Teachings of Atlantis
The Children of the Law of One
Jon Peniel
EXCERPT

Chapter One

The "Children of the Law of One"

The Children of the Law of One, and the Edgar Cayce Readings

The author of this book and I are both priests/monks of an obscure spiritual order called the Children of the Law of One. The famous, unique psychic, Edgar Cayce, referred to our order in a number of his many psychic readings. Some of the information we present in this book apparently confirms information in those readings. While this attests to Cayce's remarkable abilities, we are not experts on his readings, and thus cannot guarantee that everything here will be in agreement with them, and vice-versa. But from what we do know of them, and what we have heard from people who are very familiar with Cayce, this book substantiates his readings, enhances understanding of them, and offers new ways to apply the spiritual principles spoken of in them. Apparently, the teachings in this book may also be the fulfillment of his prophecy that a "John Peniel" would bring to the world a message about "the new spiritual order of things" around 1998 (the year this book was first published). Before this book was published, we were unaware of that prophecy. We attempted to publish anonymously, but were told certain distributors and chain stores wouldn't carry the book unless we put the author's name on it, so we relented. Shortly afterwards, we began hearing from members of an association founded by Cayce, the A.R.E. (the Association for Research & Enlightenment), telling us about the prophecy. Many said after reading the book, they were sure this was the fulfillment of it. We make no claims regarding this issue one way or the other. However, the A.R.E. magazine "Venture Inward" published what many consider an intentionally negative review of this book, focusing on irrelevant story and editing details rather than the teachings, or addressing the above issues.

What's in a Name

The name of our order is unfamiliar and odd to most people. One reason is that we have deliberately avoided public notoriety, generally preferring to live and work in peace, undisturbed, behind the scenes. The "dark ages" are still with us, despite what history books say. Sometimes specific members become famous, but only when necessary for their work, or unavoidable.

Another reason the name sounds odd is because of its obscure and foreign origins. The name of the order was originally expressed as one concept, and can only really be understood as a whole, but breaking it down may help you understand it better. Just try to keep this paradox in mind -- the name means many things, but only one thing. The first part "The Children of. . ." relates to us all being "Children" in the sense of "subordinants of God (which we call the Universal Spirit)", "obedient to God and Universal Law". The end part ("One") essentially means "God". Rather than a giant silver-haired man in the sky, we consider God to be the totality of everything that exists -- the Universe itself even -- thus God is the "One". The middle part of the name ("the Law of") comes from the fact that within "the One", there are Universal "Laws" that govern the operation and function of everything in the Universe (applying to all things, all vibration, physical or spiritual). Put this all back together again, the "Children" of the "Law" of "One" then essentially means "those who obey Universal Law and serve the Universal Spirit".

Thus something that is very important in our opinion, is being in harmony with, one with, and a servant of, God. The primary key to that, is Loving Unselfishly. The "rule" of loving others unselfishly is sometimes called the "Golden Rule". Many individuals and religions believe in the same concept. It was even the only commandment given by Jesus (and the way he said people would identify His followers -- i.e., true "Christians" would be recognized by loving others as Jesus did). Unfortunately, the Golden Rule is seldom lived by, or focused on. It's often overlooked, and not given the major significance it deserves. This book will go more into detail about that later.

Throughout history, we (and "branches" of our order) were sometimes known to various cultures by other names also. But generally unknown to the masses, working behind the scenes, we provide inspiration and education that nourishes the best in humankind -- spiritually, emotionally, intellectually, and physically. It may take the form of the arts, the sciences, spiritual or political philosophy, etc., but in all cases, we bring some form of light into a world of darkness. Thus, some of our initiates have been known as scientists, artists, spiritual leaders, unusual political representatives and freedom fighters. Anywhere, and anyway we can promote spirituality through Unselfish Love and a return to oneness, we do.

Sometimes the name of our order (or one of its branches) is "stolen" and used by others with a dark agenda. Sometimes even the teachings are taken, and twisted to serve their purposes. In their supreme selfishness, the greedy have used our names and corrupted our teachings in the pursuit of money, pleasure, power, and even world domination. I'm sure many of you can see how Jesus' name has been abused to mislead people. This also happened with the name "the Great White Brotherhood". Now there are also those abusing the name Children of the Law of One. You will know the true Children of the Law of One by our emphasis on Unselfish Love and freedom, rather than on "spiritual knowledge", "secret information", "power", or "phenomenon". Let the Universal Spirit, your inner voice, be your guide lest you fall into the beautiful traps of darkness.

Who We Are and What We Do

Initiates of our order have been dedicated spiritual "caretakers" of humanity since human life began. We have always been vigorous proponents of truth, freedom, justice, and compassion. Our teachings and ways have always been carefully preserved and passed down directly from teacher to student (who then becomes a teacher, etc.). This has continued as an unbroken chain, using all means, including reincarnation. You may or may not believe in reincarnation, but does it really matter that much if we care about each other, are good to each other, and follow the Golden Rule in our lives? It doesn't matter to me whether you believe in reincarnation or not, and I hope it also doesn't matter to you whether I do or not.

You may have heard how one famous Buddhist spiritual leader of our times, the Dalai Lama, continues to reincarnate, repeatedly taking the same position in life, serving as a teacher and leader of the people of Tibet and of Tibetan Buddhism. This one enlightened being has now been reincarnated over a dozen times as the Dalai Lama. This practice is not exclusive to Buddhism. Enlightened teachers of The Children of the Law of One also continue to reincarnate, although they usually choose different bodies and positions in life for various reasons.

Some of our order have been called "ascended" masters (saints who have passed on). But many actually continue to reincarnate in physical bodies, to directly aid the people of the world.

While many people believe that "ascended" masters or saints are the "highest" or "greatest" beings, those who choose to come back to Earth rather than ascend, pay the greatest price. Their continued reincarnation is a painful sacrifice that they make for all of us -- including you. These loving beings make this sacrifice so that those who wake up "crying in the dark", and desperately reaching out for God, will have a someone to take their hand, and help guide their way.

In order to serve those who need our help, there have always been approximately a thousand initiate monks on the Earth at any given time. But as you will later read, at the time of this writing there are but a few hundred. Some live monastically, while others live amongst the people of this world. Most go about their work quietly, often unnoticed. Even though we usually strive for anonymity, many gained historical recognition. They have been known as saints, sages, founders of religions, scientists, inventors, teachers, artists, writers, musicians, philosophers, magi, and even as some of the "founding fathers" of the United States. But whatever their undertaking or apparent profession, they have a common "earmark" -- they always promote and exemplify Unselfish Love, Oneness and Freedom, and are at odds with the instigators of selfishness, hate, separation, oppression and slavery.

"Leadership" within the Children of the Law of One is based on, and determined by, an individual's consciousness or "level of spiritual development". Thus the most humble, and most self-sacrificing, are the "highest ranking" and powerful leaders of the Children of the Law of One. These beings have always had the most positive influence on the world, throughout history. The being who was known in one of his lifetimes as Jesus, is an excellent example of this. Known also by other names throughout history, he was our Grand Master, the foremost leader of the Children of the Law of One throughout the ages. His example of strength through self-discipline, caring and Unselfish Love, spread a message throughout the world. A message he knew would only get told throughout the world if he made the ultimate self-sacrifice. (Unfortunately, after his spiritual ascension, greedy men began to misrepresent his words and deeds, use his name and edited parts of his teachings, in order to gain wealth, acquire power, and even justify harm.) Like the Grand Master, all but one of the "old ones" (the earliest ancient leaders of the Children of the Law of One), have passed beyond the physical plane, and chosen to no longer be incarnate with us here on Earth. As the current period of this cycle of Earth draws to a close, he is making the ancient teachings available to the public for the first time to provide a "candle in the window" of guidance and hope.

Jon Peniel (the present head of our order), will begin his story in the next chapter. It includes the story of his physical journey through life, but for the most part, it portrays his spiritual journey. He tells his story in such a way that the reader can follow, and share, his thoughts, feelings, and experiences as he begins the studying and training that transforms him from a novice student monk, to an initiated monk (or "priest"). The first half of this book reveals the ancient teachings in a format of his personal re-learning and changing, during his days at the monastery. And in the second half, he presents our personal meditation and energy exercises.

www.palmdigitalmedia.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This is the link the author had mentioned linking the dead sea scrolls to egypt. You could then extrapolate that egypt was a source of decendants from atlantis.

anyway this is a good book

The Mystery of the Copper Scroll of Qumran

Book Description

Introduces a radical new perspective on the historical foundations of monotheism, based on the enigma of the Copper Scroll of the Essenes.
* Confirms the link between ancient Judaism and the pharoah Akhenaten.

* Decodes the system of measurements encrypted on the Copper Scroll that has confounded scholars for over 50 years, leading to the identification of fabulous lost treasures.

* Points to a radical new understanding of the origins of monotheism.

The famous Dead Sea Scrolls comprise the oldest collection of Biblical documents ever discovered. Of the Dead Sea Scrolls, none has baffled experts more than the 2,000-year-old Copper Scroll, discovered in 1952 by a team of Bedouin led by Henri de Contenson of the Ecole Biblique in East Jerusalem. Appearing to be a list of buried treasure engraved on copper pieces, the Copper Scroll is considered to be the work of a secretive Jewish sect of devout Essenes, who lived by the Dead Sea around the time of Jesus. No one has been able to explain its meaning or discover any of the 64 locations where the Biblical treasures it lists were buried.

Robert Feather, combining his background as a metallurgist with his journalistic expertise, has unraveled the enigma of the Copper Scroll in a fascinating study that takes the reader on a journey from ancient Mesopotamia, through Canaan, into Egypt, and back to the shores of the Dead Sea. His exploration links the scroll to the ancient Egyptian king Akhenaten, confirming a long suspected influence of this pharaoh's religious beliefs on those of the Hebrews. The author's findings not only reveal the locations of most of the treasures listed on the Copper Scroll, but they also point to a radical new understanding of the origins of monotheism-the basis of the three great religions of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity.

www.amazon.com...=1068276177/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/102-4566858-0864165?v=glance&n=507846

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I tripped on this bump the other day

<<   2  3 >>

join