It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ah, some nice Russian army pictures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This, my friends, is my collection of Russian army pics. I hope you enjoy them. This are some of the best pictures I have of Russian army weapons. I have seen threads showing US and other weapons, so now I think its about time to unvail the Russian pics. By the way, if you got any pics OF MODERN RUSSIAN WEAPONS feel free to post them here. I have included some info, but you can always add on more info. If you have any particular questions about any of this pics, state so and I will do my best to answer them, if I don't know, I'll say I don't know. Enjoy!

external image
This is the Su-30 MK 2 seat combat aircraft. It differs from the Su-27 mainly because it carries 2 pilots, but is also more modern and carries more advanced electronics. Su-35 and Su-37 are next in the family

external image
This is the Russian Kirov aircraft carrier. I don't know anything about it but if you do, please post.

This is the PP2000 machine pistol. IYKSPP-If You Know Something Please Post

This is the Black Eagle MBT. It is Russia's newest tank. It is advanced and considered by many including me the best tank in the world right now. However, do to an unstable budget Russia has only made a few (prototypes?) Hopefully some time soon Russia makes some more, eh?

This is the Tanguska SAM vehicle. It is equiped with machine guns and missiles to attack low flying aircraft.

This is the Saiga1 shotgun. Don't know anything about it.

This is one of a family of new Russian pistols (the MP-440 family) This is the MP-446 Viking pistol. It is a semi-automatic, dual action, 9mm pistol. Its design is adapted from Armenian design. My opinion: Looks nice!

This is a spetsnaz soldier from the Alpha devision of spetsnaz. Alpha's primary task is counter terrorism. He is armed with a VAL smg, a smaller cousin of the VSS.

This is the TOZ-1 buratino. It shoots missiles that explode with an incenidary effect. The chassis is that of the T-72

This is the Tu-160 Nato codenamed "black Jack". It is a strategic Bomber with SOME stealth characteristics. Possibly the best jet bomber today.

This is the BTR-T

This is the RPG-26, one shot throw away weapon. Compact and effective.

external image
This is the Kornet anti-tank missile launcher. Currently one of Russia's best man-portable weapons against tanks.

This is the SA-18 Igla. A descedent of the SA-7 family of anti-aircraft missile launchers, the SA-18 is much more advanced

external image
Russian troops.

A Russian revolver-style grenade launcher. I know nothing about it at all.

A descendent of the AK-74, the AKSU-74 was created for close quarter situations where a small, compact weapon is required. Due to its short barrel, this weapon has a shorter firing range

The AN-94. This is Russia's most advanced assault rifle, incorporating a 2 rnd burst. This weapon is in limited production.

AN A-50. This is Russia's counterpart of the E-3 Sentry AWACS.

Russian soldiers

The Typhoon is the biggest submarine today.

external image
This is the SS-25 SSM system. It is now overshadowed by the newer Topol-M, which looks alot like it, but can penetrate the nuclear missile defenses

This is a Russian self propelled artillery system. Note: unlike a tank,

[edit on 18/5/06 by JAK]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Delete this thread, I have forgot to resize the images

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Mods, I forgot to resize the images. What should I do?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well I like the pics very much... particularly the PP2000... although I hasve to say dude, the Tupelov, while one of my fav planes ever is only 'stealth' in that it is so fast and high reaching, it is hard to hit by the interceptors of the time it was designed (chiefly the F111) so my whiskers twitch at that one...

but nonetheless a very nice plane, and a very nice collection of pics...

Incidentally I would be interested to see some specs for comparison between the 160 and an American B1...

spasciba balshoi tavarich

Q

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Wow! That looks amazing. The aircraft carrier looks a bit tardy, but some of those weapons look dangerous, especially those guys with those big bazooka thingie bajigs!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qoelet
Well I like the pics very much... particularly the PP2000... although I hasve to say dude, the Tupelov, while one of my fav planes ever is only 'stealth' in that it is so fast and high reaching, it is hard to hit by the interceptors of the time it was designed (chiefly the F111) so my whiskers twitch at that one...

but nonetheless a very nice plane, and a very nice collection of pics...

Incidentally I would be interested to see some specs for comparison between the 160 and an American B1...

spasciba balshoi tavarich

Q

Hey Qoelet, are you Russian? I am. Privet, kak dila, tavarich. Ti jivosh v Rosiyi?
If you can read Russian: как дила?

Yes the T-160 is no stealth aircraft, but it has a smaller cross section then an airliner or truck,because it has SOME stealth features.

PS: would you guys like me to post more pictures? I have more, including many of fully armed Russian soldiers.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have read in many post cold war books such as HISTORY OF MILITARY AVIATION that state that the Tu-160 is currently the best bomber in the world. By the way, wasn't there some defect with the B-1b? I thought I heard there was some defect, but I could be wrong. Once again, if you want me to post more pics, say so.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I lived in Moscow for a little while and am a Soviet/RF 'academic' if you can call it that... and my continental family have DKP links from the 'good old days'...

It's been a while since I have done more than just read a few newspapers so my pa-ruski is a bit pony at the mo... but I hope to visit some friends in Kalmykia next spring...

And lets see if this language bar thing works...

Я любил ваши картины

Hope that's right!

moy ruski ysik grozhneey!

Q

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
even if our bombers are slightly inferior (big if), i'd like to point out that we have quite a few more of them.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
well thats the story with all of this kit... but it won't always be like that.

Anyhoo... bombers like the B1b and the Tu 160 are going to be far from relevant as the development of UCAVs and orbital weapons become the new continental strike weapons... smaller stealthy strike aircraft are what the present air war stuff is all about...

Q

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qoelet
I lived in Moscow for a little while and am a Soviet/RF 'academic' if you can call it that... and my continental family have DKP links from the 'good old days'...

It's been a while since I have done more than just read a few newspapers so my pa-ruski is a bit pony at the mo... but I hope to visit some friends in Kalmykia next spring...

And lets see if this language bar thing works...

Я любил ваши картины

Hope that's right!

moy ruski ysik grozhneey!

Q

Харашо ты говориш

Malodets

I'm glad to see alot of Russian-speaking people here on ATS. If you wanna speak in Russian with me go ahead.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Russia has two technology demonstrators: the S-37 Berkut and the Mig 1.44 MFI through which they are studying incorporating stealth technology (possibly plasma stealth?)

They are currently just technology demonstrators, but could be developed into incredible stealth air superiority aircraft in the future. Russia is already fooling around with RAM (redar absorbant material)

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ok, I'll post more pics, coming right up......................

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yay cant wait for more iam liking the anti aircraft mobile units

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Man that MIG looks fearless how would it fair put against a F-15 or raptor?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It would kill an F-15. US always portrays Mig-29s and other great Russian fighters gettting WHOOOPED by US planes, but in real life, that's not true. Russia has always excelled in aircraft, assault rifles, and missile launch vehicles. They have JUST begun to excell in tanks since WW2 with the black eagle. Betwean the T-34 and the Black Eagle, Russia made crappy tanks.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
By the way, that's a newer mig. Its the Mig-33. Theres also a pic of a 2 seat aircraft which is a Mig-29 M2 which is also a newer model.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Most of those pics are of Russian soldiers.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Note: some of the Russian soldiers have helmets with a face covering!
Excellent.
Soldiers should always wear those in areas of alot of fighting. Though they don't provide a good view, they do protect your face (what is the point of the K-pot helmets when one shot betwean the eyes will eliminate the soldier?) face covering is a must.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join