It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS-Goverment Agents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yes....midget......dance.....guvmint good.......I'm thirsty.....

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
May I suggest the cool aid, it is nano enriched...Grr dang it.

*Slides on shades, sets to lower setting*
!FLASH!
*Pockets shades*

Oh your thirsty, try the member lounge in the Fresh man forum. Here is a map, your here, this is there. Feel free to utilize the user to user interface found on every wall.

Good luck and remember, only you can put out ignorance fires.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ummm... since no one is ever satisfied with a simple "no ats is not run by the government" let's try another approach.

Do you enjoy the site? Is the site a place where you can talk about interesting topics?

Yes and yes.

Correct?

So, does it really matter to anyone if the 3 Amigos are government agents, wall street brokers, waitresses or circus performers.

If you like the site, participate, if you don't, don't.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What are the 3 Amigos doing that seems to always make them the target of these government agent accusations? I mean of lately its like a contstant, there seems to be one that pops up the moment another fades away. It must be something that people are drinking or eating before they log on to ATS, and it really must be something that breeds paranoia...!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wow, the once a month rule for threads like this is still holding true. Maybe we need to create an "Is ATS run by the gov't/aliens/freemasons/bigfoot/etc..." forum?

Originally posted by Djarums
So, does it really matter to anyone if the 3 Amigos are... circus performers.

So that explains why all the interstaff u2us get the accompanying music, eh?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
So were you the one that drew the short straw to start the next "Gov't agent" thread? I swear they come up every two to three weeks like clockwork.

What took you so long to reply? Where is Howard? there is a whole cast of characters busting their butts to save the status quo!

No offense man you are just doing your job and I have to respect that.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Anyone think maybe that some people are just not satisfied with the posts that are in the forums and just looking to create some drama or a thread that might interest them? I'm really begining to wonder if that may be the case.?
Seems to always be a fairly new member too, that for whatever reason starts the thread we are now reading, thats nothing against new members, just making a statement.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by tracer]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If ATS is a "vehicle" for perceived negative elements of "government", then sign me up for the "education"!. I quite like the diversity of opinon and subject matter that seems to "govern" the ATS community. This is the first one of these threads I've actually given the time of day to look at... I imagine most have the same genesis of thought or lack thereof as motivation. Not always a bad thing; good accidents happen every one in a blue moon. What could one hope to achieve in enlightnment and insight by such a post? I mean think it through... uh huh. Next.

When one wishes to know something (virtually anything) here, it is only a thread or u2u away! Should one have a "theory" or "hypothesis" one can be sure to find at least opinon if not contact with those who have been down that road of experience and subject matter. All one is required to provide is respect for the membership, the site rules and an inquiring mind.

So if "The Three Amigos" are "government" I'm glad my ATS membership counts as citizenship. These folks do us all a very important service - they provide a global public forum unique to the English language and deserve respect for this vision and foresight. There is a phenomenal future with an expanding role for ATS in the live's of those who choose to deny ignorance a place in this seemingly disinformed world.

I do find myself grimacing when I see these threads and the frequency with which they occur. I respect anyone that "surplussed of gonadotrophins" to "call anyone out" on whatever turf though... I just wish such folks could do a thing or two first, like use the search function and perhaps have the patience to come to know what ATS is about over time. A little research on one's own every now and again... and ATS takes pretty much takes care of the rest. Thank you Three Amigos!

Respectfully,

Victor K.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ive only been on this site since last year, but I too am getting sick of these pointless threads. No doubt the original poster has given up reading his replies.

Threads like this take up space and time. There should be a ban on them, I beleive.

Me thinks a warning should be posted, and when a new member comes along and posts something like 'Is ATS run by a guy in a 50's era hat holding a newspaper with a camera in it?!' they get an official warning and are directed to the warning thread, which contains a list of all previous threads ever posted along these lines (I would be happy to look for them, if no one else wants too), and of course the new thread is locked/deleted.

Anyone else think that's an ok idea?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Ive only been on this site since last year, but I too am getting sick of these pointless threads. No doubt the original poster has given up reading his replies.

Threads like this take up space and time. There should be a ban on them, I beleive.

Me thinks a warning should be posted, and when a new member comes along and posts something like 'Is ATS run by a guy in a 50's era hat holding a newspaper with a camera in it?!' they get an official warning and are directed to the warning thread, which contains a list of all previous threads ever posted along these lines (I would be happy to look for them, if no one else wants too), and of course the new thread is locked/deleted.

Anyone else think that's an ok idea?

While I completely understand your idea's motivation (TRUST ME I do) I have to say that my many years of internet interaction tell me such a policy would induce even MORE of this type mellow drama. Imagine the reaction to a "You are not allowed to question the percentage of government ingredients found within the three guys who own this site" warning system...

This is a natural evolution of the new web user. The availability of information combined with the cetain feeling of "being out in the wilderness" one gets that first year of truly digging into the web causes much speculation within the mind.

It is not an unfair question even though it's absolutely wrong and unfounded. It's not unreasonable to wonder especially if "google searching" is foriegn to you. The vast majority of these folks who ask it really believe they have had an original and new thought. Just goes to prove one of my favorite sayings, "There's NOTHING new under the sun. It's ALL been done at least twice."

Springer...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I too understand your point of that it would only create more drama; but if you make it clear that we've had to many of the damn threads, and provide clear links to all previous ones, that should quite it down some and make it clear that they are in the wrong and that they have not come up with a new idea.

If this is the natural evolution of the new web user, and only 1 in 100 of these n00bs come on and think that they've got an original idea, and accuse you guys of being CIA monkeys, you've still got sooo many pointless, useless threads it's beyond a joke. I agree that taking un-thoughtout steps to prevent posts such as these would only incur more baseless accusations, but something should at least be considered.

At not anything else, it would be an interesting exercise!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
As darkelf said on page one, there are enough of these sort of threads to start a new forum. Probably fill that forum, if certain statistics are accurate. The ATS Freshman's Forum, would be well suited. It was observed that this is an occurance with new members.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, I do read them all and yes I am a new member. I have concerns though that some of you seem to think if a particular question keeps arisng then it should be banned etc. What do you mean, like asking questions about 9/11 since 9/11. Should we all not be questioning eveything over and over again till hopefully we gain access to the truth. I dont care if there are goverment agencies on this site be they American, British etc. we all have to keep banging away at all the subjects that are discussed on ATS. Sharing knowledge and information is educational to us all and no question no matter how many times asked should be banned.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
God damn it, I knew this screen name was a dead give away. I thought people would believe that I was a fan of the Matrix movies and Agent Smith's dry, sarcastic way but looks like it was blown. Cheers Silverstein for the advice, last time I'll listen to you!
Hey ho Silver away!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Agent SC here, opps, it isn't in a hidden fourm is it?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Define Government Agent? Any active or reserve military here? Guess what you are a government agent. Anybody here work for a Federal, State or Local government? Guess what? You are an agent too.

Let's not let a little thing like facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy or news report.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
The US government hasn't had to spy on it's own people, because foreign intelligence gathered on us is better. Not to mention doesn't conflict with laws disallowing CIA to so.

well aint that a funny thing because they do it anyway. welcome to the police state of the nsa/cia/fbi etc. they have all kinds of information on every civilian including credit card numbers, street addresses, birthdates, shopping history...the list goes on. however, there is no oversight into these programs so they might as well have a satellite following every single one of us who posts on ATS
. happy posting!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oops I forgot to mention I work for the UK Goverment

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Maybe it could be possible to have an automated message delivered to these repeat postings at the time of submiting, possibly asking them if they are sure they need to post thier repeat thread and offering them a link to previous similar posts.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oh yeah this site is run by Government agents (sacarsm)... they are just waiting for ya to slip up and theyw ill be banging down your door in a couple of days (more sacarsm),, This place is not run by government Agents

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join