It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

was i stuck inbeetween dreaming and being awake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I had a VERY strange and scary dream occurance last week that left me startled!!! I was tired so i decided to lay down on my bed to just relax after some studying, not to really sleep. While i was just thinking i slid into this dream which was very strange. Besiclay it was like playing a simulated flying game (with not too advanced graphics..motly block liek shapes) and it appeared to me as if i was playing the game and watchign it on a very lare and detailed screen such as an I-Max screen. I wasnt physicly flying but it was liek playing a video game and i dont play video games ever so it wasnt a dream resulting from playing a game. So i remember flyign around and it was really cool casue it felt so life like. Like i was gliding. I wasnt really asleep either, i was just really relaxed liek on the verge of being awake and asleep.

well this is where it becomes remarkable...... As i was flying through these block like towers this other flying glider in the "game/simulator" came strait for me and we had a head on collision. At that very point i went hurtuling forward into space and at that very moment (WHERE IT GETS WEIRD)I was filled with a very intence HIGH. VERY INTENCE!!!! So much of a high that i started panicing in my dream of fear that i was overdocing and was goign to die becasue of the intencity of the high, which at this point i didnt realize i was dreaming i just thought i was extremely high like i cant even explain. And then i came into a more consous state where i knew i was dreaming but i was stuck in this HIGH like I had been drugged almost. I tried to wake up completely but it took about 30 seconds for me to finnaly come to.

You know when you feel liek your falling nand you wake up suddenly, It was simmilar to that but imagine falling for liek 30 seconds and feeling horrorified and high liek you have no controll of thought. I cant even try to describe it..! i remember when i finnaly snapped out of it i was waving my arms and leggs like i was free falling. It was a fantastic feeling but it was so weird to experience such a drug-like high like that just from sleep. I had not been on anything. not even tylenol when this occured! I have never had anythibg liek this occur in my life ever! What the hell could this have been!!!!

anyone got any ideas of what the hell was goign on? any phenomenon that occurs this? thanks for reading..thanks

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
posted on 5/17/06 at 12:03

If I were you I'd look into sleep paralysis. I experience this quite frequently and the feelings you described can happen. A few days ago I was dreaming of hanging out with my roommates when I had trouble breathing. I tried to stand up and tell them but about half way up I couldn't move or open my eyes. I just had the tremendous feeling of being unable to move or breathe. Normally I recognize it and the fear subsides but it felt more real that normal that time. I was visiting my parents for mothers day so I was even more shocked to wake in an unfamiliar bed. The events of the dream are normally interlocked into the beginning of my paralysis. Once I was drinking something and it seemed that the drink made it occur. It's odd that my brain either assigns a reason for the awakening prior to it actually occuring or my wakefullness is triggered by the content of the dream itself.

As far as I know it's a normal reaction. Your mind just sort of wakes up before your body regains it's motor movement. We become paralyzed in our sleep so that we don't act out our dreams. I'm going to do more research in it because my occurances are becoming more frequent. If I ever have trouble sleeping, like lying in bed for more than an hour there is about a 50% chance it's going to happen to me. Used to scare me a lot but since I've become aware of it I don't mind it anymore. Once I understand what's happening I sort of relax and it all pans itself out. Hope this helps.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by cedargrove]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bcdefxyz2000
I had a VERY strange and scary dream occurance last week that left me startled!!! I was tired so i decided to lay down on my bed to just relax after some studying, not to really sleep. While i was just thinking i slid into this dream which was very strange. Besiclay it was like playing a simulated flying game (with not too advanced graphics..motly block liek shapes) and it appeared to me as if i was playing the game and watchign it on a very lare and detailed screen such as an I-Max screen. I wasnt physicly flying but it was liek playing a video game and i dont play video games ever so it wasnt a dream resulting from playing a game. So i remember flyign around and it was really cool casue it felt so life like. Like i was gliding. I wasnt really asleep either, i was just really relaxed liek on the verge of being awake and asleep.

well this is where it becomes remarkable...... As i was flying through these block like towers this other flying glider in the "game/simulator" came strait for me and we had a head on collision. At that very point i went hurtuling forward into space and at that very moment (WHERE IT GETS WEIRD)I was filled with a very intence HIGH. VERY INTENCE!!!! So much of a high that i started panicing in my dream of fear that i was overdocing and was goign to die becasue of the intencity of the high, which at this point i didnt realize i was dreaming i just thought i was extremely high like i cant even explain. And then i came into a more consous state where i knew i was dreaming but i was stuck in this HIGH like I had been drugged almost. I tried to wake up completely but it took about 30 seconds for me to finnaly come to.

You know when you feel liek your falling nand you wake up suddenly, It was simmilar to that but imagine falling for liek 30 seconds and feeling horrorified and high liek you have no controll of thought. I cant even try to describe it..! i remember when i finnaly snapped out of it i was waving my arms and leggs like i was free falling. It was a fantastic feeling but it was so weird to experience such a drug-like high like that just from sleep. I had not been on anything. not even tylenol when this occured! I have never had anythibg liek this occur in my life ever! What the hell could this have been!!!!

anyone got any ideas of what the hell was goign on? any phenomenon that occurs this? thanks for reading..thanks

You, my friend, were experiencing what is known as a Hypnagogic Hallucination, which is a hallucination, or dream if you will, experinced in the Hypnagogic (Falling Asleep) or Hypnopompic (Waking Up) State. To find out more, click here, or, click here.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
THanks for the help my friend.... It appears i had one of the more rare symptoms of the occurance. It was quite an amazing feeling. I am pretty sure it occured from an eztreme lack of sleep as i was studying non stop for finals while also dealing with a mono relapse....

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
THanks for the help my friend.... It appears i had one of the more rare symptoms of the occurance. It was quite an amazing feeling. I am pretty sure it occured from an eztreme lack of sleep as i was studying non stop for finals while also dealing with a mono relapse....

[edit on 3-6-2006 by bcdefxyz2000]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
hmmmmm , may have been
conscious OBE

find the rivergoddess thread on
that....she , or others there, may
be able to diagnose this.

goodluck...

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hypnogogic and Hypnopompic Hallucinations are more common than you think. I get them a lot. You learn to recognise them and they just become another ordinary part of life.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Briliant description. I get the same, like youve been drugged. I find it happens when I take a nap. Its cool I like it.

join