It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS --> Is ATS Occasionally Slow For You?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
We're getting intermittent reports of slow access to the ATS servers from a handful of people, that may indicate a larger problem. A traceroute for one has some some odd lag-time in the path to the ATS servers.

IF YOU HAVE SLOW ACCESS...
This only applies if it takes a long time to connect to ATS, but the "page processed in" times at the bottom of the page are very quick (under 1 second).

Please do the following:

ping -n 100 74.52.37.180
ping -n 100 www.abovetopsecret.com

traceroute 74.52.37.180
traceroute www.abovetopsecret.com
traceroute www.belowtopsecret.com

Then send the data to me via U2U so our site Internet provider can troubleshoot the problem.

Thank you.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Even if you feel ATS should be fast than it is for you, please send me the following via a U2U...

(Windows)
ping -n 100 www.belowtopsecret.com

Thank you.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Except for the day BTS was down for all, its been super fast. No problems here, using IE 7.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
No problems here, using IE 7.

The potential issue seems to be networking related, not anything that might be browser or software related.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

(Windows)
ping -n 100 www.belowtopsecret.com

Thank you.

SO, I have no idea what that means, let alone how to do it. Could you direct us to a thread with an explanation? Unless, of course, I'm the only one on this site who doesn't understand. In that case a U2U would work.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
In Windows, open an MS DOS window, run the commands, then copy the output into the U2U.

But if you're ATS connection is fine, the data won't really help.

Thanks.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I thought you had to type "tracert" and not "traceroute" ?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
In Windows XP:

Start --> Run --> Type: cmd --> Click OK

[dos prompt window opens]

Type each of the following commands* and hit Enter.

ping -n 100 74.52.37.180

tracert 74.52.37.180
tracert www.abovetopsecret.com
tracert www.belowtopsecret.com

*do each process separately

Upon completing the above processes...

Right-click in the Dos prompt window --> Choose "Select All"

Then use the key combination of "Ctrl + C" to copy this to the clipboard.

Open a blank U2U, right-click in the message area and choose "Paste".

Address it to SkepticOverlord, include appropriate Subject line, and Send.

That should work for most everyone using Windows XP.

However, as SO has mentioned ONLY send the information if your connection [page-loads] seem consistently or abnormally slow.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You just cut and paste the commands in a command window.

cmd in Windows XP, command in older versions.

Cut and paste the output in a U2U and that´s it....

To start a command window, see instructions in first message...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
My pings average 50ms on both the IP Address and the URL... It appears as though our provider has some very inefficient routes to ATS depending on the ISP or the geographical location the user's request eminates from.

We really need as many traces as we can get to prove to the provider that they have a serious routing issue to their newest data site.

Please execute the "tracert" program as perfectly outlined above by 12m8keall2c and send to the Skeptic.

Springer...

[edit on 5-15-2006 by Springer]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I thought you had to type "tracert" and not "traceroute" ?

Yes... it's been that long since I used WindoZe.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well I have no problems with speed, though I did do the tracert just cause I'm board.

This is from bottom of this page.
ATS Server: Primary 01