It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Yes, Spira, sad to say, goddesses lost their way one time and started to use manly razors on their legs. We got talked into using them. Razors are for men, for their manly beards.

not only that desert - between you and me - I'm not someone who should be using sharp things

that includes paper

You and me, we're going to have the best looking legs at LN....

finally!

well, you, me, and whaaa....whaaa especially in that red dress...

yes, the red - gorgeous - nothing quite like a bright red dress to make one feel pretty

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ok, time of year to decide what Halloween costumes we'll wear this year at the big party here. All in favor of EB being The Streaker again raise your hand....
.... well, that's it, EB! We all want you to wear your streaker outfit, those great looking running shoes.

Ok, how many want whaaa to wear his sexy red dress....
.... ok, how many don't want whaaa to wear the sexy red dress ...
... oh, ok, you want him in that Elvira dress...

Spira, what will you wear?

I'm thinking of going as a bubble bath ....sticking lots of white and light blue balloons on me.

Any other costume ideas for us? And what treats do we want to hand out to everyone who drops by? I think last year we handed out

Any one else want an apple cider?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Spira, what will you wear?

it involves an extraordinary amount of paper mache, some glitter - and some hydraulics

afraid I'm running out of time...

yes to EBs streaking - missed the last event

yes to whaaa as Elvira - unless the whole thing is beginning to bore him

and yes to bubblebath

also - yes to cider

I'm in a very positive mood - apparently

:-)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Before I play my last song, I would just like to say that you all suck!

*walks over to the jukebox one last time and plays #666*

Dirty old river
Must you keep rolling
Flowing into the night
People so busy
Make me feel dizzy
Taxi light shines so bright
But I don't feel afraid
As long as I gaze
At Waterloo Sunset
I am in Paradise
Every day I look at
The world from my window
Chilly, chilly
Is the evening time
Waterloo Sunset's fine
Terry meets Julie
Waterloo Station
Every Friday night
But I'am so lazy
Don't want to wonder
I stay at home at night
But I don't feel afraid
As long as I gaze at
Waterloo Sunset
I am in Paradise
Every day I look at
The world from my window
Chilly, chilly is the evening time
Waterloo sunset's fine
Millions of people
Swarming like flies round
Waterloo Underground
But Terry and Julie
Crossover the river
Where they feel safe and sound
And they don't feel afraid
As long as they gaze at
Waterloo Sunset
They are in Paradise
Waterloo Sunset's fine...

- Kinks

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

say it isn't so EB...

edit to add: not the sucking part - you got that about right

[edit on 10/28/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Well I'm suckin on Halls Mentholyptus throat lozgeens. I got some kind of bug that is kickin my butt. Got me a fresh jug of Nyqil nite time and I'm goin down.

EB, hey play 911, that Alvin Crow tune, OK.

Well, gimme a bottle of Nyquil, that restful sleep my body needs
Gimme a bottle of Nyquil, that restful sleep my body needs
Analgesic, decongestant, with an antihistamine

I went to 7-11, the man says "what you need"?
I say "a roll of duct tape and a case of Nyquil please"

Take only as directed, don't exceed the proper dose
Keep out of reach of children, keep the bathroom cabinet closed

Analgesic, decongestant, with an anti-histamine

They call me Nyquil junkie, I don't know what they mean
But I just can't be satisfied unless my tongue is green

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

oh whaaa - sorry to hear it

not that pig thing I hope

take good care of yourself - you know the drill: liquids/sleep/cough into your elbow

I will now have that song repeating over and over in my head (I had to go find it of course)

seriously - take it easy

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What's that big sucking sound around here?

Hydraulics, Spira? Hydraulics? Sounds like Burning Man. Don't bother belching out fire or smoke...whaaa and EB already do a magnificent job of that already, along with odiferous emissions.

Hope you're feeling better today, whaaa. Maybe you need more
in your diet. My grandmother swore that Tang kept her well.

Hey, was Tang the first truly artificial food product, as it was supposed to be like drinking oj? Jello is not in that category, as Jello is just that, gelatin. Or could Velveta be considered artificial cheese and the first artificial food product? Inquiring minds want to know. ... Have I sunk to a new low in my inquisitiveness?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

What's that big sucking sound around here?

dunno - but it's getting louder...

Hydraulics, Spira? Hydraulics?

I like the idea of paper mache machines fueled by water - a project destined to fail from the very beginning - no guesswork - automatic deconstruction

Or could Velveta be considered artificial cheese and the first artificial food product?

wait a minute - Velveeta is supposed to be cheese?

...Inquiring minds want to know... Have I sunk to a new low in my inquisitiveness?

not as long as I'm around

hey desert - how's tricks?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
"paper mache machines fueled by water" ...... "a project destined to fail from the very beginning" ...."automatic deconstruction" .... that is sooooo funny .....

Funny you should ask me how's tricks. My how-to book is in its fifth printing. Yep, Tricks For Fun And Profit. Actually, I had to change the title, got too many people wanting their money back, thinking it was about magic. The second title, Cornering The Market On Tricks, got a similar response, but the current book, Turning A Profit in Hard Times, seems to be selling quite well.

My new dvd, Paramoural Activity, is off to a great start. Really low budget, but the bedroom and dungeon scenes are pretty freaky.

A little more peanuts and candy corn over here, please!

Anyway, Spira, you know last Halloween time we had our own televised seven hour live investigation into the paranormal right here at LN. Unfortunately we all fell asleep after about two and a half hours. People texted in how it was like a morgue around here ... cool, huh! At least I didn't fake any of the recorded EVP screams like I did in my dvd!

Hey, did you get snowfall at your place from this week's storm? Whaaa, did you get any snowfall, too? EB, does it ever snow where you live?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Yes sir ree, we did get a little dusting of snow here in the valley. Melted right away. But up in the Sandia mts where I was working

on a picture show, it snowed off and on all day with perhaps an accumulation of 4 in.
and windy and cooold.

Tonite working on a short independant film playing a bartender where the vampire slayers hang out. Shooting at 2:30 am in a bar, in a bowling alley. Livin the Dream.....

Happy All Hallows Eve my friends!

[edit on 31-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

.... "a project destined to fail from the very beginning" ...."automatic deconstruction" .... that is sooooo funny .....

good that it's funny - it's also appropriately symbolic

Funny you should ask me how's tricks. My how-to book is in its fifth printing. Yep, Tricks For Fun And Profit. Actually, I had to change the title, got too many people wanting their money back, thinking it was about magic...

:-) (and LOL!)

the whole series should be doing real well these days - always good to have a backup plan

My new dvd, Paramoural Activity, is off to a great start. Really low budget, but the bedroom and dungeon scenes are pretty freaky.

I really wish I had a biting my tongue really hard while laughing emoticon right now

the title is worth making it real desert :-)

Anyway, Spira, you know last Halloween time we had our own televised seven hour live investigation into the paranormal right here at LN.

and I missed it? tell me desert - do you find that mouthing off to ghosts increases the amount of activity? Paramoural or otherwise? :-)

Hey, did you get snowfall at your place from this week's storm?

we did! and because this is Denver it's practically all we've been talking about - even still :-) absent any real happenings - minus the occasional balloon boy - weather is what we got - and lest it sound like I'm complaining I should say - this is a good thing - mostly

the snow was very beautiful

what's it like in your neighborhood this time of year desert?

and now I'm off to enjoy the extra hour of time I've just received...

[edit on 11/1/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Shooting at 2:30 am in a bar, in a bowling alley. Livin the Dream.....

you really are: bar - bowling alley - dead of night...miss that

hey to the Slayers from Spira

happy after all Hallows whaaa

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Whaaa, glad to know your dream is keeping you busy! At that time of night, I'm in bed dreaming, with absolutely nothing to show for it. Here's a toast to you! ... May we all, like you, get to live our dreams while awake!

I have lived where there was snow, and it gave me some great memories of the different types of snowfalls, the quiet of the fall, full moon on snow...sigh. My weather at home now will continue to be in the low '80s, dipping to the mid 40's at night. December through February could bring freezing temperatures and dense fog. Years ago I was on a Christmas cruise in the Caribbean, and people had trouble believing I would leave "sunny California" for a cruise then, but I had to explain that where I lived it was cold, so I enjoyed the sunny warmth, too.

MrD and I are spending weekends now out in the Mojave. I definitely want us to travel someday to whaaa's neck of the woods, with all the beauty, wonders, and mysteries it has to offer.

Actually, we had to spend this weekend here unfortunately, sending the truck back to our mechanic for an emergency fix. We didn't have a large enough hammer to fix it ... haha ... he said we should use a gun... haha ... but it's still the perfect truck for us.

Anybody give out treats to any trick-or-treaters? No one ever comes by where I live.

Oh, and next year for Halloween here at LN, you boys have to remember that when we're in the hot tub, it's bobbing for apples...apples...not nipples.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I have lived where there was snow, and it gave me some great memories of the different types of snowfalls, the quiet of the fall, full moon on snow...sigh.

you like winter camping at all desert - in the snow?

most beautiful thing in the world

OK - one of the most beautiful - especially if you're wearing really good socks

MrD and I are spending weekends now out in the Mojave.

sigh...

I definitely want us to travel someday to whaaa's neck of the woods, with all the beauty, wonders, and mysteries it has to offer.

he lives in the most beautiful state in the union (OK - my opinion)

but before you head down there - go out of your way some and cut through Denver

maybe no wonders or mysteries - it does gots it's own kind of pretty

you could create a kind of LN road trip

[edit on 11/3/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I just happen to be in the neighborhood this fine evening. I think I'll pour myself a cup of decaf.

It's so quiet. I need EB to play another song.

Hey, Spira! Snow camping? No. Not even, "Sadly, no." Just, no. I used to do a lot of cross country skiing in the Sierras, but I stopped way short of making my bed in the snow...a snow cave, really. I actually had bought a book about it years ago, but just looking at the pictures made me shiver. And it looked like too much work, when I could have been sitting instead in front of a fire at a lodge.

I tell you, though, I had a friend build an igloo once in front of the cabin. It really was quite warm, and I could have slept in it, putting to rest my false notion about freezing all night. However, even though he had fun building it, to me it looked like work.

Hey, lie down with snow, get up with flakes. .... haha...

Colorado is where I saw my first moose. It was across a lake in Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park, I believe, and I remember thinking, "My, what a large ungainly horse!" And it didn't look like Bullwinkle at all! Or talk like him, either. Very disappointing. I enjoyed traveling south from Denver. I've been on that Durango Silverton train. I liked eastern Colorado, too. MrD and I could certainly pay the Centennial State a visit again.

Ooh, an LN road trip. Yes. Ok, a trip in a black, converted bus, powered with natural gas...plenty around LN. If I could just bottle it.

Well, gotta say Adios for now!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

It's so quiet. I need EB to play another song.

he can't really have left for good - he's just teasing - right?

I actually had bought a book about it years ago, but just looking at the pictures made me shiver. And it looked like too much work, when I could have been sitting instead in front of a fire at a lodge.

it's all about the tent desert :-)

but you know what - there is nothing wrong with staying inside in front of a nice fire

Colorado is where I saw my first moose.

my sister was bit by a moose once...

(sorry)

I've never seen one myself

I enjoyed traveling south from Denver. I've been on that Durango Silverton train. I liked eastern Colorado, too. MrD and I could certainly pay the Centennial State a visit again.

Ooh, an LN road trip. Yes.

and doesn't EB live in Arizona? not much further after you visit whaaa - more desert for you and Mr. desert - desert

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hi, Spira. Hear from EB any? He'll drop by with some new music. Ah, a pleasant sherry for the evening. Yes.

Hey, who's the good looking hunk at the end of the bar? Don't believe I've ever seen him here before. I think I'll take my sherry over and find out who is this mystery man.

Hi! Mind if I ...
....whaaa!
...whaaa! Wow, I didn't recognize you! You look...different tonight. You've come out of the clo...box! Love your new look! You know, it fits. It's a good fit. I love it!

Well, gotta get back to staring at my neighbor's barking dog.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A Veterans Day remembrance to all our veterans. Yee gads, I'm old enough to remember my parents still calling it Armistice Day, even though it had been changed!

Hey, Spira, yes, I should add Arizona to my travels. In fact, it's been decades, not just years, since I traveled to EB's area. The first time I went to that particular spot, it was sparsely populated. Oh, also, one of my prettiest memories is traveling east into New Mexico on Hwy 40, going through a most colorful canyon.

Well, the truck is still in the shop. Hopeful for getting out to the desert this weekend. Watched a show about "dark dining" last weekend while I stayed home. I remember how we tried it here at LN. Of course, it was not intentional as at the restaurants in the show. It's just that no one here paid the utility bills. We tried to make the best of it, but there was too much griping and groping, so we no longer have "dark dining" here.

I also watched a show on magicians. I think I missed my calling to be a magician/illusionist assistant. I think I would have liked that job. I keep secrets/confidences very well, I could perform that part onstage superbly(no need to speak or sing!), and I have just the right smarts to help carry out the trick/illusion.

Speaking of disappearing...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

again with the not paying attention...

today is a good day for just mindlessly hanging out at LN - listening to music

nope desert - haven't seen EB...not around here anyhow

so quiet...kinda wishing I had me a barking dog to watch

Oh, also, one of my prettiest memories is traveling east into New Mexico on Hwy 40, going through a most colorful canyon.

4 Corners area - also nice - all of it :-)

I remember how we tried it here at LN. Of course, it was not intentional as at the restaurants in the show. It's just that no one here paid the utility bills. We tried to make the best of it, but there was too much griping and groping, so we no longer have "dark dining" here.

LOL!

how about dim dining?

think we could pull that off? :-)

how about dim sum dim dining? (if we're looking for something new to do)

...I think I missed my calling to be a magician/illusionist assistant. I think I would have liked that job....

ever see Desperately Seeking Susan? :-)

me too - what a blast

I'd do it for the outfits alone

Speaking of disappearing...

me tambien - hasta la vista

quiet in here...too quiet

[edit on 11/11/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join