It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Oh, no, MrPenny, the barbecue flamed up when I went to grill some Halloumi cheese--don't worry, your patio roof is staying up with three posts, very sound construction.

It looks like your O.K., other than the odd way your hairdo is now oddly lopsided. Lucky your hair care products aren't terribly flamable, or is it inflamable?...I never remember.

Duzey, you didn't have anything to do with the fire did you? One of those practical dragon jokes?

I might just set a buffet table. Any suggestions?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Me? Fire? I would never do something like that...

A buffet sounds great! Just as long as there is green Jello. No buffet is complete without green Jello.

So, who's up for a game of twister?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Twister with a dragon? You're, like, large......shapely, but large.

O.K., we have green jello...well, its a start. I want some bread pudding on the dessert end.

Gonna' have to change the music....how 'bout Elton John?

[edit on 15-5-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
You know Russian soldier, I think you're the first Russian Soldier I've ever met.

I know I've never seen one in here anyway. Are those peanuts Yumm, I like these with the brown sugar glaze.

Speaking of peanuts, did you know that when George Washington Carver started his research into the peanut, he first wanted to explore the food value and commercial application of the Garbanzo bean. I know, I couldn't believe it either.

There is a word to describe the condition where you cant remember the word you want to use, any of you lounge lizards know what it is? I can't remember it! It'll come to me in a minute. It's right on the tip of my tongue.

The tongue..... now that a strange organ... whoops is that my cell, excuse me for a second.............

[edit on 14-5-2006 by whaaa]

Alot of Americans tell me I'm the first Russian soldier they've ever met.
lol, great to be the first Russian soldier
just kidding.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
WOW, this sure sounds like a swell place to be. May I join you please? I bring gifts of the finest Stolichnaya Russian Vodka and Vanilla flavoured Absolute Swedish Vodka. I also bring JB and JD but not from MacD.

Both fine on their own of course but, here's the recipe for a fav dribk of mine:

Place a very tall tumbler (don't know what you guys call them), in your freezer for about 15 minutes.

Remove and add a very large single ice cube. Pour over the vodka of your choice, so it fills up - at least halfway!

To finish, garnish with a thimble full of diet lemonade and for my friend Duzey, a brightly coloured and sparkly pink cocktail umbrella.

Take drink and sit on your front porch, balcony, veranda, doorstep or whatever. Get comfortable and take a long slow pull.

Do this until you are really mellow and you'll be amazed at how differantly the world looks as it rushes past.

Cheers! :w:

Yeah, that's how we get down in Russia! Oh wait, I don't drink. Smart choice.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well I did used to drink. When I was 14-15. I drank Brandy, Italian Rum, Smirnoff Vodka, Absolute Vodka, Russian made Vodka, Wine, beer, oh wait, I HATED BEER! I drank it sometimes but hated the taste. I also drank other vodkas and other Brandies. Then it all stopped. I was 15.5 years old. I brought Henessy to school and drank alot. I had it in apple juice bottles so nobody knew I was drinking alcohol. Until I got drunk, that is. I started acting wild ( throwing chairs, dissing the teacher, hitting students) The cops gave me a a ticket...........and called my parents, OUCH!!! I was so ashamed. My parents didn't know I drank. I made a vow to never drink again, not even wine! I don't want to be an alcoholic, I don't want to mess up my life. I don't want to drink POISON, I don't want to be drunk and do bad and wild stuff, I don't want to hurt my liver, I don't want to destroy brain cells , I don't want to..........the list goes on. I don't drink, but I make jokes about it
:w: hahhahahaha! I'm glad I had the self-determination to quit: I was a heavy drinker at that time. But I can control myself well, too well. Luckily I don't smoke EEWWW, YUCK! Hate the smell! And I never have and never will do drugs (yay!) So I'm clean

Except when I'm stealing your vodka! HAHAHAHAHAH, lol!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Whoa, whats that smell? Is somebody cooking chihuahuas. I heard that in the Philippines the black ones are considered very very tasty.

Hey Russian Soldier, are pets eaten in Russia? I guess so if you drink Italian Rum.
No offence MrPenny but Id' rather eat a chihuahua than listen to Sir. John. How bout ole blue eyes or some Coltrane.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by whaaa]

[edit on 15-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Nope pets are not eaten in Russia. What's wrong with Italian rum? I don't drink so I don't care, but what's wrong with it?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

My bad!!!!!!!!!!

I just realized!!!! It was SPANISH RUm!!!!!!!!, sorry, replying to your post made me realize my mistake. I was thinking to myself: there's nothing wrong with drinking Italian rum, wait, ITALIAN? oops made a mistake. Spanish rum, man, spanish rum.
And it was when I was 15.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Has anybody tried vodka mixed with pepper?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
O.K., we'll set Elton aside for other days. We'll play some Coltrane for whaaa.

I'm thinking about a new bar for the lounge...how about something like this?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hmm, it has a "Hotel Reception" feel to it. We need more Palm Tree Lights and/or A Cardboard Cutout of "Frasier" at the front of the bar.

Of course, when the booze is flowing, the surroundings take a back seat.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Wow, what an elegant bar! Can we have it up and running by happy hour?

Oh, I parked my camel out front, and now it's missing. Seems after it ate your landscaping, it took off. I'll look around the neighborhood.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You might want to make haste catching that camel....the chef has been looking for new dishes lately

How about something a little more rustic?

The landscape's ate up....the patio's partially burnt.....ah well, as long as the food and spirits are in good supply!!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That Moose Head seals the deal, DRINKS ARE SERVED FOLKS!

[edit on 16-5-2006 by chebob]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the Coltrane MrP! Coltrane always turns on my Martini synapses so now E. John seems apropos about now. "Rocket Man, burning out into the heaven long" Is that what he's saying? That's what I hear anyway. Funny how Rock lyrics get distorted aint it.

I can't keep up with you people; Coors light for me from here on out. I just put a 30 pack in the fridge. Help yourself.

Either one of those decors suits me and my chameleon personality just fine.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I thought it was "Rocket Man, burning all his shoes off into moi"....

Let's not tell chebob that's an elk on the wall and not a moose. We'll just keep that our little secret.

And hopefully, desert won't come in here and do something catastrophic to the liquor supply...maybe we need to cut desert off of the booze, ey?

Any other suggestions for the buffet?..so far we have green jello and bread pudding...not exactly the food pyramid..

[edit on 16-5-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Let's not tell chebob that's an elk on the wall and not a moose. We'll just keep that our little secret.

Ahhh...if it had been a sheep, I would have known

As for the food, it seems appropriate to have some Scotch Eggs and Tuna sandwiches cut into triangles. The basics are the best when it comes to booze food, so some pretzelswould be good too. But don't let old G.W near them, we don't need any "incidents".

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm glad you liked the twister. Did I mention it was the naked edition? Also, contrary to rumours - the vodka I brought was not Smirnoff (fear not) I brought a bottle of Grey Goose and my beloved Belvedere - Hey, only the best for ATSers.

Also - No party would be complete w/out one of these. So here you go. I say we keep him and his piano under the antlers.

Presenting Richard Cheese: America's Cheesiest Lounge Lizard
(gotta love a guy that has a backing group called Lounge Against the Machine)

[edit on 16-5-2006 by nikelbee]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You're right....the food should stay basic....

This colonial has no idea what 'Scotch Eggs' are, but I'll find some.....

I'm going to add some fried chicken....when I was a kid, I washed dished at a local Elks Lodge....at the end of the evening, we would fill a clean towel with leftover fried chicken, hiest some beer from the cooler and sit in the alley drinking beer and eating chicken. Those were the days.

Here's the buffet so far;

green jello
    bread pudding
    Scotch eggs
    Tuna sandwiches (cut into triangles)
    fried chicken

Oh by the way, frosted beer mugs are 'verboten' in Lounge Noir.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join