So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Forget the rustic look...we are a cosmopolitan crowd...bubba...

Here's the bar in Lounge Noir...

And the actual lounge...

nikelbee, love the lounge lizard.....

Now I'm comfy....

[edit on 16-5-2006 by MrPenny]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
You're right....the food should stay basic....

This colonial has no idea what 'Scotch Eggs' are, but I'll find some.....

I'm going to add some fried chicken....when I was a kid, I washed dished at a local Elks Lodge....at the end of the evening, we would fill a clean towel with leftover fried chicken, hiest some beer from the cooler and sit in the alley drinking beer and eating chicken. Those were the days.

Here's the buffet so far;

green jello
    bread pudding
    Scotch eggs
    Tuna sandwiches (cut into triangles)
    fried chicken

Oh by the way, frosted beer mugs are 'verboten' in Lounge Noir.

Fine Old Boy, but have you tried Gary Rhodes' version with smoked salmon and Scollops with Tiger Prawns. Mixed with double cream and a dash of water to make the paste, wrapped round the egg and double breaded. Tried them, loved them and want some more.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm loving the new decor.

Tiger prawns?!?!?! Oh yes, we definitely need those for the buffet.

Tiger prawns, green Jello and great company, what more could a girl ask for?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This stool taken? May I?

*knocking wood*

Hey--barman!

Can I get a gin martini, 2 cubes and 2 olives? Slide 'em down the side, sir. Don't bruise my vermouth.

My car once broke down in the Mojave, outside of Needles, California. I had to walk to town with nothing but a quart of water and a bottle of pimento olives. . .

I almost died of thirst . . . .

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Welcome to Lounge Noir dr_strangecraft.

You didn't have any trouble parking did you? The valets have been acting kinda' squirrely lately.

How 'bout a camel? See any camels lurking about? I don't know if desert ever found the fool thing.
Excuse me, I need to make a general announcement.....

The canned music is going away and Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine will be playing live, tasteful, selections.

How's your martini? Good? The bartender's a wizard.

Finally looked up a recipe for Scotch Eggs. Can't believe I never heard of a dish with so much potential. I'm making some this weekend.

Is nekkid Twister still on the schedule?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hey, anybody smoke coffin nails? As I went around the neighborhood asking if anyone had seem my camel, someone threw a carton of Camels at me--I must have sounded desparate. I'll leave them on the porch. I think I'm getting closer--the nice new vegetation at the park is gone.
Time for a refill. Oh, a buffet!! A lounge singer. MrPenny, you're going to have to knock out a few walls and brace yourself to accomodate the crowd. Does your wife know about this??

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
At least they didn't throw a camel at you!

That would have hurt.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
No party would be complete without SHASHLIKI.
Lets also get some steaks.
I'll serve up some seafood,too.
How about some australian lobster?
Jumbo prawns?
Crabs?
Octopuses?
Garlic shrimp?
Beef and broccoli?
Piroshki?
Beef pot pies?

Yeah, lets order all this food. This is gonna be a great party. Oops! I forgot drinks. Absolute Vodka for you guys, apple cranberry cider for me. Party up!!:w:

crap, why do I keep drinking so much that I puke? If I keep this up, I'm gonna get alcohol poisoning, hahahaha, lol

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Oh, boy, piroshki! eat...eat...eat...
Classy--napkins with Lounge Noir imprinted on them.
Good news, and BTW a great police dept here, the camel is back. I asked the officer if she'd seen my camel, and she said, "Will that be one lump or two?" "One," I said. "Good," she said, "because the two-hump was picked up at midnight for loitering at the Oasis Bar and Grill. Yours is in impound."
Good to have the valets here. They parked the camel between the Jaguar and the Cougar.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
someone threw a carton of Camels at me

I thought camels came in herds?

Does your wife know about this??

ixnay on the ifeway nowkway. She thinks I'm working late......

Here's the buffet so far.....

green jello
bread pudding
Scotch eggs
Tuna sandwiches (cut into triangles)
fried chicken
Tiger prawns
australian lobster
Jumbo prawns
Crabs
Octopuses?
Garlic shrimp
Beef and broccoli
Piroshki
Beef pot pies
steaks
SHASHLIKI

While I'm certainly a fan of the entree', I think we need some side dishes....I really like corn on the cob...sweet corn.....

And, please use coasters, this isn't a frat house.......

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The foods starting to outweight the booze.....PANIC!

But wait, I have found salvation:

Anyone found being sick or urinating in the corners will be IMMEDIATELY ejected, or so I believe. If you can't take the booze, don't drink it! The food is so good you'll feel intoxicated anyway, this booze is to be used responsibly.

And with that - :w::w::w:

Ps. Special High Definition screenings of "Easy Rider" and "Batman" (the first one) will be taking place in the TV lounge shortly. If the films are not good enough, Jeeves, Jeeves and Jives, the triplet butlers, will happily change them. Refreshments supplied

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Desert, so is your model the dromedary's or the bactrian. You must get axed this a thousand times a day but I really need to know. What kind of MPG do they get and do they all come with leather seats? Do they have a lease to buy option?

MrP, remember that wonderful summer sausage and cheese we had earlier? Is that going to be in the buffet or strictly bar munchies.

My complements to all the design participants; things are shaping up nicely.
And being as this is a swanky place are ties and jackets required for the men.

Are there going to be lap dancing/dancers? I didn't think so.

Che, are those your private dvds of "easy rider" & "batman"? I just had my copy of "Behind the Green Door" transferred from beta to DVD. I love the classics!!!

[edit on 17-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Im doing good. Ya, sometimes when its late at night I happen to walk by. Im a student, ya know, at like a school. Even though im off for summer, have been for a week.

Ok, idk what im talkin bout, but whatever,lol

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Somebody wanna put this CD in?

It's "Opus Day and the Knights," the MALTA album.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If you can get Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine to take a break, you can put whatever you like in the cd player.

There might be some exceptions to that rule, but I can't think of any right now, my straw is sucking wind in this cocktail glass.

Bartender!!....

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Whaaa, she is a dromedary like the cake mix (hey, we need cake, with candles). For those who need to know, Bactrian is two-hump, as in Bactrians Ride Bicycles (two wheels, way to remember). She gets about 19 miles to the gallon, but you have to remember that's a gallon of water; I suppose I could sqeeze more miles out of her, but I baby my camel. Oh, why leather, of course, nothing but the best for a soft ride.
I haven't found a camel broker who will lease; afterall, your camel becomes like one of the family--how could you turn in your own kid (try as you may sometimes). Besides, if you happened to pick a disagreeable beast, why would Abu want it back? So, sorry, what you buy is what you own and ride. BTW, haggling over the price for a camel is nicer than haggling over the price of a car, and more friendly, and probably less time consuming.

Hey, no lap dances--this is not Bada Bing!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Alright, ladies and gentleman!

Lets get some desert. How about:
Chocolate moose cake
Kiev torte
Ice cream drumsticks
Crates full of Snickers candybars (mmmmm)
Jello
Turtle cookies
White chocolate macedemia nut cookies
Tortilla chips and salsa
Oreo cookies
Cheez it snack crackers (seriously my favorite snack)
Ranch corn nuts
(ok, lets get more sweets)
Peaches
Cherries
Blueberry pie
Chocolate covered almonds
Grapes

and gulp this down with some..........

Strawberry, banana, chocolate, and vanilla milkshakes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Party is ready, or is it? I am not the smartest and may have left out some stuff so................add on, my friends!! Anything I may have left out, bring it to the party!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The buffet to date;

green jello
bread pudding
Scotch eggs
Tuna sandwiches
fried chicken
Tiger prawns
australian lobster
Jumbo prawns
Crabs
Octopuses?
Garlic shrimp
Beef and broccoli
Piroshki
Beef pot pies
steaks
SHASHLIKI
Chocolate moose cake
Kiev torte
Ice cream drumsticks
Crates full of Snickers candybars
Jello
Turtle cookies
White chocolate macedemia nut cookies
Tortilla chips and salsa
Oreo cookies
Cheez it snack crackers
Ranch corn nuts
Peaches
Cherries
Blueberry pie
Chocolate covered almonds
Grapes
Strawberry, banana, chocolate, and vanilla milkshakes

The buffet is hereby closed. No more requests will be formally accepted. The chef is already unhappy about missing a chance to cook up some camel

I'll stick to the cheese and crackers. That food, combined with some booze.....not a good mix.

Anybody have suggestions for a game room?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Where in the name of all that's holy did a Russian Soldier learn of Ranch Corn Nuts?
The world is definitely stranger than it seems or the Russian Soldier is a plant by ASCAP to make sure we have paid our 2k f0r the band, Lounge against the Machine, to play covers.

In the game room I personally would like darts and some really, really low couches, next to the twister layout.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A card table; been awhile since I played Uno.

Dr_strangecraft's CD is great. Come on, everybody, another round of "Grail, grail, the gang's all here!" Please, one more play of the enchanting chanting of "Who let the (albino) monks out".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join