It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Magic Johnson still alive?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Certainly there are elevated levels found in high risk groups, just like everywhere. I never said there is no AIDS in Africa. But Africa has a multitude of public health problems, including AIDS. My point was that AIDS, or at least the inflated positive results of AIDS tests, is being manipulated into a social lever to justify the continued shift of power away from indigenous Africans and to multinational corporations, helping the "poor natives," while getting them out of the way of industrial development - mining, farm production, lumber, etc. Where have I heard this story before?

Well, when the power of indigenous Africans results in massive human rights and health violations (see Rwanda, Uganda, Malawi, Somalia, Liberia, you get the picture), perhaps it IS time for a multinational group, i.e. the WHO and UN to step in and help the natives, don't you think?

I would hope if there was massive genocide and a degradation of basic human health practices like not piping human waste into a lake used for drinking water (common in the refugee camps in the nations listed above) in Italy, that the WHO or UN would step in.

MFP

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Why is this a conspiracy, well I'll tell you. I think Magic Johnson had enough cash to afford some kind of radical new treatment that has obviously been effective seeing as how the guy's the size of a house now. Whether he got treatment here in the states or overseas I'm not sure, but what I am sure of is that certain elements don't want the public to get wind of it and certainly the FDA which is in the pockets of pharmaceutical companies doesn't want the nature of Johnson's treatment becoming public knowledge.

I believe this is further proof of cures for deadly diseases being covered up in the name of the almighty dollar and population control.

Peace

Magic Jonson did not have AIDS, magic jonson was HIV positive which is a big difference.
A procentage in lower numebrs of course do cure them selfs but that is before it turns to AIDS, Magic Jonson is not the only one to get off the hook.
In his case he had periodic tests ,by playing a profesional sport you get tested alot.
1 His luck was that he found out as soon as posible as it can be found.
2 His organism was strong, by playing a profesional sport you also get the benefit of building your imune sistem real strong.
3 He had alot of willing, maybe because his wife understood him, could be one.
4 Yes, he had alot of money.

I think if he would of evolved to aids he would not be among people anymore.
People in very short numbers have got rid of HIV, but no one has got rid of AIDS

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
Well, when the power of indigenous Africans results in massive human rights and health violations (see Rwanda, Uganda, Malawi, Somalia, Liberia, you get the picture), perhaps it IS time for a multinational group, i.e. the WHO and UN to step in and help the natives, don't you think?

That's an interesting opinion, apparently based upon what YOU consider to be human rights and health violations, according to your biased, Westernized standards. Of course, you know, imperialists and other aggressors have used similar arguments about bringing things like civilization, health, morals, and the salvation of Jesus to justify eliminating or otherwise compartmentalizing native peoples from or in their own lands.

Now we have AIDS, which, fair or not, carries with it the same old stigmas of dirtiness, incivility and deviant morality (and with more than just a hint of ethnic inferiority) that the old invaders used to suppress indigenous peoples and rob them of their rights to land and property.

And you can ask other people in this forum about the TRUE multi-national nature of the UN. I'm sure they'll be glad to have Africa taken over by the "blue turbans."

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

That's an interesting opinion, apparently based upon what YOU consider to be human rights and health violations, according to your biased, Westernized standards.

You're right, my westernized standards tell me that when the Hutus in Rwanda began the genocide against the Tutsis, it was wrong. Somehow, I have a problem with the killing of an ethnic group in mass. Isn't that what Hitler did? Killed an ethnic group because of the false belief that they were to blame for a nations problems? Same thing happened in many African nations. Perhaps you should brush up on your modern African history, Enkidu, rather than make yourself seem like genocide's poster boy.

MFP

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ahem

Please everybody lets try to stay on topic here. As I recall this was a discussion of Majic Johnson and his HIV/AIDS infection

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Please everybody lets try to stay on topic here. As I recall this was a discussion of Majic Johnson and his HIV/AIDS infection

He doesn't have AIDS anymore. He got back some false tests and went public too soon, making him have to pick up the pieces. His career was heading south anyway.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

He doesn't have AIDS anymore. He got back some false tests and went public too soon, making him have to pick up the pieces. His career was heading south anyway.

Sources?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Remember the key word in HIV and AIDS is this:

immunodeficiency

Its actual function? Weaken the immune system and make the carrier be gradually prone and vulnerable to any kind of infectious disease.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Exactly my point. Magic Johnson does have HIV, which compromises his immune system and makes him more vulnerable to things like hepatitis and other nasty infections. The same thing occurs in Africa; immunocompromised individuals boost the nation's level of certain infections due to a predisposition to become infected.

MFP

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have a bones to pick with Foster and Gupta, if they are arguing, as they seem to be, that Selenium will somehow help immunize against HIV or treat AIDS.

Gupta mentions an article in the journal of nutrition which deals with lowered selenium levels in a group of pregnant women correlating to subsequent death by AIDS. I will not pretend to be a doctor or nutritionist but I will note that only a single measurement was ever taken from the subjects, in some cases up to 5 years before they died. This hardly establishes any correlation between low Selenium levels and the progression of HIV into AIDS, in and of itself. (Other studies may according to some brief reading I have done).

Furthermore, it is not explicitly stated (and is therefore probably not true) that all of the women tested were HIV positive- they simply took selenium levels from 900+ pregnant women. Low selenium levels were found to correlate to AIDS death in the next 5 years.

However if we grant that having HIV somehow results in lowered Selenium levels, we might infer that the low levels correlated to already having HIV/AIDS, and that those who didn't have low Selenium levels were possibly not yet infected. This demonstrates no correlation between high Selenium levels and HIV/AIDS resistance, nor any correlation between dropping levels and the worsening of AIDS. It merely reaffirms that having HIV/AIDS lowers your selenium.

If the study had gone on for 30 years rather than 5, many of the women with high initial Selenium levels would have been statistically likely to contract HIV, and would also have died by that time, which would destroy the correlation between the initial selenium levels and subsequent death by AIDS.

Also consider that finding an indicator is not the same as finding a cure. Kidney malfunction results in elevated blood creatinine levels, but reducing creatinine levels will not cure the patient, or even necessarily help him at all, since there are other problems unrelated to creatinine.

Yes Selenium goes down when you have HIV/AIDS. Can taking Selenium cure you? Probably not. Can having high levels prevent you from ever getting it? There is certainly no evidence of that to be seen from Gupta or Foster.

Foster also cites soil selenium to AIDS correlations in America, but this is dubious evidence since we Americans don't eat much of our local soil or anything that grows in it.

You could be anywhere in the United States and your citrus is probably coming from the area where I live. When we're out of season, we get get Australian oranges.
I've never seen wheat or corn being grown ever, not once in my whole life- we aren't growing it around here. Our soil selenium doesn't impact much of our food (or our water, which is coming from the Colorado River in many cases.)

So much for local selenium concentration compared to local HIV/AIDS rates. HIV is a big deal in my area, and the reason is quite conspicuous. Palm Springs is a hotspot for homosexuals and for reasons I will not presume the authority to explain, that particular demographic is a high risk group for HIV/AIDS.

In short, however much we might like it, we can't just take Selenium or Silver or Holy Water and assume we'll be OK.

As for Magic, it's already been said. The man keeps himself very healthy and he has the money to be treated for just about anything his own body won't kill. To the best of my knowledge, HIV/AIDS doesn't kill people, it opens the door for stuff that kills people by supressing immune function. By keeping himself healthy and having access to the right drugs, Magic makes the door which HIV has to open an extremely heavy one.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
worldwatcher, this is off topic and I apologize, your avatars seem to have the same woman in all of them, and I notice it says under your name "Bollywood babe". Is that woman you? If it is you are very very beautiful like some exotic queen.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
As with Cancer patients, I think a persons mental outlook, as well as nutritional intake is just as important. Face it, if you don't have an atitude that you want to live then you won't live. If you fight and take care of yourself then you can outrun your sickness for a while. He has the money so he doesn't have too many things else to worry about other then taking care of himself. He can definitly afford the best nutritionist money can buy. I hope they find a cure for this disease, as it certainly is terrible no matter what country or person it affects.

Pie

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I know someone that was diagnosed in 1987 and he is still alive and looks healthy but he takes advantage of all the new medicines that out there now.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have known several people that have survived for a long time with AIDS.

I knew one guy in Philly who had been diagnosed back in 1984 or 5, when it was still called GRID, and was essentially healthy. I have another friend in CA who has had it for several years and except an initial bout with pneumonia is in very good health.

On the other hand, I had one close friend who died within a month of his initial diagnosis, and several more who only lasted a couple years. The disease affects different people in very different ways, but with modern drug treatments some people manage to live with it as a chronic and not a terminal disease.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
well, I think he is still alive because his first name is 'Magic'

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
...... I think a persons mental outlook, as well as nutritional intake is just as important. Face it, if you don't have an atitude that you want to live then you won't live. ...

quite right.
i suppose Magic went through a complete re-evaluation of his life style,
he 'took inventory' and discarded all those momentary gratifications which
in reality led to grief and stress on one's body & spirit (attitude & outlook)

maybe you could call it a change-of-heart or an epiphany of sorts.

could it involve something like some cancer patients are known to have a
spontaneous remission of their cancer, which doctors cannot explain in just so many words?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Why is this a conspiracy, well I'll tell you. I think Magic Johnson had enough cash to afford some kind of radical new treatment that has obviously been effective seeing as how the guy's the size of a house now. Whether he got treatment here in the states or overseas I'm not sure, but what I am sure of is that certain elements don't want the public to get wind of it and certainly the FDA which is in the pockets of pharmaceutical companies doesn't want the nature of Johnson's treatment becoming public knowledge.

I believe this is further proof of cures for deadly diseases being covered up in the name of the almighty dollar and population control.

Peace

to paraphrase, you think, therfore its proof ?

you crack me up, keep 'em coming

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I,d like to add my 2cents and hazzard a guess,thats what it is a guess.

As part of training and rehabilitation after accidents a lot of athlets use electrical stimulation ie pads/toning tables to help keep muscles in tone whilst the athlete is unable to train regularly,

eg stimulate thigh/upperbody muscles in the event of a broken ankle

i stayed up from 7am-9.30 only two days ago and watched simply the most incredible,amateurly produced,most scientifically believable presentation from
Dr. Robert (Bob) C. Beck, D.Sc.
www.teslatech.com...

He was probably the greatest most humanitarium doctor i have ever heard of.His work was never disproven yet his self help treatments,including documented''cures'' for cancer,aids,herpes,candida albicans etc. were always shunned by the big leaguers in the medicine world

Basically put. passing even a very small electric current the the bloodstream disables a protein in EVERY SINGLE VIRUS AND BACTERIA CONTAINED.The body then passes out naturally the ineffective ''booger'' as he calls them
Half way through the video he describes a guy who went for a blood analysis to be told he had a very strange anomally by his doc... he had NO virus,fungi or bacteria in his bloodstream. AT ALL. whereas NORMALLY. there are 150-160 in every person

www.chiroweb.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now while there is no proof that magic ever tried this treatment.he most certainly took part in an electrotherapy course M.E.N.S,which POSSIBLY could have unbeknown to anyone,did the same trick.

After all. some are you are saying his HIV just disappeared.

I do know by personal experience after a very messy motorbike crash

180mph on a honda blackbird...'pauses for gasps in awe'........

Actually it was 40 mph into a wall in corfu.... on a moped doin tricks

i had quite a lot of skin removed from my body.. mostly in the posterior region as i was wearing shorts.ouuuuuuuuuch.bones snapping everywhere... i was on a course of antibiotics for weeks while i was growing back the skin i left on a gravel road..i developed of course,a candida infection as they killed off my ''friendly''gut bacteria..OK now the MAGIC bit

i invested in a brand name electrotherapy kit to exercise while i was unable to do much. and attached the pads to places where i had skin.. bout 40-50%

sure enough the candida vanished after about 3wks,no white tongue. no fatigue etc.

Just maybe worth considering and further investigation.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Basically put. passing even a very small electric current the the bloodstream disables a protein in EVERY SINGLE VIRUS AND BACTERIA CONTAINED.The body then passes out naturally the ineffective ''booger'' as he calls them

An electrical current cannot distinguish between proteins in bacteria/viruses and proteins in your own cells. It would thus damage your tissue,as well as the offending pathogen. Also, bacteria and viruses don't tend to pass through your blood in l arge numbers once an infection has been set up, blood doesn't really provide a great environment for most pathogens. They usually stick to interstitial fluid or the lining of organs. This has been debunked.

MFP

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So i assume things like sunlight, or sound which cannot 'distinguish between good and bad cells don't have an effect either? this, among other things, explains why after more than two decades after the arrival of AIDS and billions of $ spent, not much has changed in the field.

First off, it doesn't need to kill to be effective, secondly human cells and germs are at least different and therefore just might react differently, but who am i to tell you about medical issues.

www.odu.edu...

www.newmediaexplorer.org...

www.washington.edu...

PS: the body has electric properties, or to put it drastically, if you can kill someone with electricity (before cooking i mean) it can probably be put to beneficial use, too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join