It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Magic Johnson still alive?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Why is this a conspiracy, well I'll tell you. I think Magic Johnson had enough cash to afford some kind of radical new treatment that has obviously been effective seeing as how the guy's the size of a house now. Whether he got treatment here in the states or overseas I'm not sure, but what I am sure of is that certain elements don't want the public to get wind of it and certainly the FDA which is in the pockets of pharmaceutical companies doesn't want the nature of Johnson's treatment becoming public knowledge.

I believe this is further proof of cures for deadly diseases being covered up in the name of the almighty dollar and population control.

Peace

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm glad you brought that up Dr Love. I've often wondered that myself, it's like he never even had AIDS in the first place.

How long has it been since he got it? I'd look, but I have no time, got to go.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
from what i have heard about him, he seems to be taking several cocktail mixes of drugs and he lives a very active and healthy lifestyle.

www.sciencecases.org...

and

www.thebody.com...
Johnson, diagnosed with HIV 11 years ago, does not have AIDS. To maintain his health, he takes a combination of Glaxo and non-Glaxo drugs.

With enough money, you can guarantee yourself the best doctors and treatment available, which is exactly what Magic Johnson has done.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
"Basketball star Magic Johnson, who announced he was infected with the virus that causes AIDS in 1991, has spent more than a decade as a spokesman for HIV/AIDS prevention efforts. But some educators and AIDS activists say his apparent good health makes him an ineffective spokesman. Johnson talks with NPR's Michele Norris about how he views his role as perhaps the most famous surviving HIV-positive person in America."

From here

www.npr.org...

Seems he was "too healthy looking"?!

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Why should he be dead?

During the last phase of HIV — which occurs approximately 10 or more years after the initial infection — more serious symptoms may begin to appear, and the infection may then meet the official definition of AIDS.

www.cnn.com...

(my emphasis)

In any case, the wealthy always have access to better medical attention than us gutter-scum.... That's the way of the world. No conspiracy though.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

During the last phase of HIV — which occurs approximately 10 or more years after the initial infection — more serious symptoms may begin to appear, and the infection may then meet the official definition of AIDS.

Fair enough, but my question is, since I have personally never known anyone with HIV/AIDS, has anyone ever known an HIV patient who lasted that long and seemingly beat this dreaded disease? I bet none.

Peace

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Fair enough, but my question is, since I have personally never known anyone with HIV/AIDS, has anyone ever known an HIV patient who lasted that long and seemingly beat this dreaded disease? I bet none

Yes, there are. A patient I saw today, actually, was diagnosed with HIV 15 years ago and it just now becoming late stage.

MFP

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Why is this a conspiracy, well I'll tell you. I think Magic Johnson had enough cash to afford some kind of radical new treatment

Some of the original people that got aids are still alive because they have received good medical attnetion. Money has a lot to do with it, but he isn't necessarily getting a secret treatment.

Infact, he hasn't developed full blown aids yet no?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by Essan

Fair enough, but my question is, since I have personally never known anyone with HIV/AIDS, has anyone ever known an HIV patient who lasted that long and seemingly beat this dreaded disease? I bet none.

Peace

I know plenty of people (at least 3 off the top of my head) who have been HIV positive for more than 20 years. Given, back in the day they did have AIDS but now with the meds it is more under controll. What I mean is that they still look sick and all (T-cell counts below 200) but the virus has been in check at least for now.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr LoveFair enough, but my question is, since I have personally never known anyone with HIV/AIDS, has anyone ever known an HIV patient who lasted that long and seemingly beat this dreaded disease? I bet none.

I have three clients that I know have AIDS. They have been living with the disease for longer than Magic. There are times when they get sick. I'm guessing Magic has his bad days but you don't see him then.

There's no conspiracy here. Simply put, science has found a way to help keep those with AIDS alive longer and somewhat more healthier than when disease was first making its impact on society.

Have you ever met a very wealthy individual who was diagnosed with some incurable ailment? They are often willing to spend all of their money to find a cure or, at the very least, a treatment to keep them alive. They often seek out the companies that are the closest to a cure or treatment or they seek out the companies with the most promising new drug. They will throw money at the companies if it means living longer or at least making sure that others will not suffer the way they did.

They won't use their money and power to cure themselves and keep the cure hidden from the rest of the world what suffers from their ailment.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Infact, he hasn't developed full blown aids yet no?

I seem to recall a newspaper story where the last time Johnson was tested, he showed up negative for AIDS. It makes sense in a way, since many of the early AIDS tests (and likely many of the current tests) supposedly gave positive indications of AIDS when the viral infections were actually more varied. That is, they'd give you a positive AIDS reading if you had other infections such as hepatitis and tuberculosis. Now, Johnson, a professional athlete, might have been exposed to hepatitis via the use of needles used for steriods. Although that's just a speculation on my part.

This poor detection of AIDS has also led to the curious propaganda that AIDS is decimating the people of Africa, whereas they are actually dying from a variety of illnesses, most having nothing to do with AIDS. AIDS is used to explain (and partially justify) the continued "de-population" of Africa for exploitation by western industry. After all, where does most of the Earth's titanium come from?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Why They Continue To Ignore The AIDS/HIV Selenium Connection
Further to: Selenium Status Is Associated With Accelerated HIV / AIDS, many thanks to Dr. Landman, for sending me this much needed and succinct note. It is clear, both intuitively and from the literature, that drugs, unless they are combined with nutrients, simply cannot address the casual nutrient deficiencies that create nearly all diseases, Often they exacerbate the original deficiencies! Drug use, only makes sense when limited to emergency use such as catastrophic injury from accidents, environmental impacts etc. even there nutrients such as Oxygen, IV vitamin C and Magnesium should not be overlooked.

Dr. Foster and others also have shown, through demographic studies, over and over the relationship between disease and mineral/nutrient deficient areas of the world. Yet the medical Mafiosi continue to demand, the next to useless, clinical trials before even educating their constituents on the benefits of nutrients. Given that the nutrients are generally less toxic than foods and cost next to nothing this is plane inexcusable and negligent!

Magic Johnson may be using better things than pharmaceuticals, but due to pressures from these large corporations, he does not mention what he is really doing. Selenium is really a great antioxidant and appears to prevent HIV from establishing itself.

See also:
AIDS THE SELENO-ENZYME SOLUTION

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
HIV is a virus, and as such, will affect each person a little differently (just like some people get a bad case of the flu, and their co-worker seems only mildly affected, or not at all). Viral infections can have a broad range of effects on the populace in general, add other factors such as overall health (he was a professional athlete) and substantial wealth to access no holds barred treatments easily explain the apparent failure to transition from HIV to AIDS (please remember that AIDS is resultant condition of the HIV infection). Now if someone can kindly post that HIV has nothing to do with AIDS we can really get down and dirty.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This poor detection of AIDS has also led to the curious propaganda that AIDS is decimating the people of Africa, whereas they are actually dying from a variety of illnesses, most having nothing to do with AIDS. AIDS is used to explain (and partially justify) the continued "de-population" of Africa for exploitation by western industry. After all, where does most of the Earth's titanium come from?

Please tell me you are kidding?

You do realize that unprotected sex, prostitution, IV drug use, etc. are very common in the parts of Africa hit hardest by HIV, right?

And you know that pathology reports have shown abundant levels of HIV in postmortem tissues, right?

MFP

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
MM brings up an important point in regards to Majic and his HIV/AIDS.

People are different and have different responces to diseases. Some people are going to have an immune system that will keep the disease at bay for some time. Others are less fortunate. One bit of wisdom we try to impart on new nurses is the concept of "Normal" Normal is a average nothing else. What is more relevant is what is normal for that individual.

Money may have played a part of it, but each individual has to play thier part too. He no doubt takes his medications on time and gets checkups freqently. How many people among us can say we have taken any medication prescribed to us on time with 100% compliance?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
After all, where does most of the Earth's titanium come from?

Australia.

Producer Thousands of tons % of total
Australia 1291.0 30.6
South Africa 850.0 20.1
Canada 767.0 18.2
Norway 382.9 9.1
Ukraine 357.0 8.5
Total: top 5 3647.9 86.4
Total world 4221.0 100.0

en.wikipedia.org...

Please remember there's a huge difference between the industrialized nation of South Africa (which has high infection rates by western standards) and the AIDS plagued sub-Saharan nations.

[edit on 12/5/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by Enkidu
After all, where does most of the Earth's titanium come from?

Australia.

No, I meant African titanium.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredTPeople are different and have different responces to diseases. Some people are going to have an immune system that will keep the disease at bay for some time. Others are less fortunate.

some people are simply carriers. there are many wonderful and exciting diseases you can get from a carrier who is completely unaware of his or her surprise gift. The number of people infected with Herpes is frightening. The number of people who know they have it is far lower.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc

You do realize that unprotected sex, prostitution, IV drug use, etc. are very common in the parts of Africa hit hardest by HIV, right?

Well, of course there's a correlation there. But other kinds of illnesses (such as hepatitis) that you get from these same behaviors, are also known to result in false positive AIDS tests.

And you know that pathology reports have shown abundant levels of HIV in postmortem tissues, right?

Certainly there are elevated levels found in high risk groups, just like everywhere. I never said there is no AIDS in Africa. But Africa has a multitude of public health problems, including AIDS. My point was that AIDS, or at least the inflated positive results of AIDS tests, is being manipulated into a social lever to justify the continued shift of power away from indigenous Africans and to multinational corporations, helping the "poor natives," while getting them out of the way of industrial development - mining, farm production, lumber, etc. Where have I heard this story before?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Selenium is really a great antioxidant and appears to prevent HIV from establishing itself.

Great link, SS. In case anyone's interested, here's the complete 213 page book in pdf file of Foster's work-

What Really Causes Aids

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join