It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan plane hijackers can't be deported.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Nine afghan asylum seekers who hijacked a plane have been told that they can stay in the UK until it is safe for them to go home.

They were charged with several crimes including hijacking, possession of firearms and explosives, and also intent to cause fear of violence. The courts later quashed the convictions as it was deemed they were acting under duress as they were fleeing the Taliban regime.

www.sky.com...

I have two views on this. I can semi understand that people will do anything in desperation to flee something that may cost them thier life, and most of us will never be unfortunate enough to be put in that position so i find it hard to say what they did was stupid. If i thought my family and i were going to be killed, who knows what i'd do?

However, i do wonder where you draw the line with what people like this can get away with? I'd normally have said that if you hijack a plane and land it in our country, threatening to use firearms and explosives, expect to have the SAS kicking in your door and don't expect to go home afterwards for tea and benefits!

From what the news reports say, these guys were allowed to live in the UK on full benefits, whilst thier movements were restricted or monitored. To me, thats not good enough if you hijack a plane. I wonder how it would be dealt with if the same thing happened post 9/11? How would the US deal with something like this?

I find myself very torn on this one.

CX.

CX

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Actually, rethinking this whole thing, when you put that many passengers at risk to get what you want, you should expect to be dealt with in the harshest ways a country has at thier means. Maybe hijacking and terrorising people is the norm in some countries, but it is'nt in ours! If you want to seek asylum here then you should respect what is and what is'nt the done thing here. Last time i looked, hijacking was'nt the done thing.

Don't get me wrong, i still feel slightly torn with this as i believe that they must have felt very threatened to have done what they did. Then again, i'm sure the passengers on that aircraft also felt very threatened that day, in which case i feel the SAS should have just saved us a whole load of money that day.

I've just been watching a curent affairs frogramme on tv, a woman phoned in and said that after the breakdown of her marraige her house was repossessed. She has been trying for social housing but they won't give her anything for her and her kids. You can't blame the woman for being angry and upset when these hijackers are given a £250,000 house for free and full benefits.

It's down to the government at the end of the day, you can blame the judges and the hijackers all you want, but theres only one lot of people who can change this.

CX.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Yes I was reading this in the papers this morning and to be honest it made me mad

How can this possible happen? Well the British Government have brought it on themselves for having too many "silly" rules.

It's a great way to set an example to the rest of the world!

Sort it out England! Everyday just gets worse!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I dont know how anyone can be in the slightest bit surprised by this. It was Tony Blair who brought all this on us with the bloody Human Rights Act. Then he gets all astounded when it turns round and bites us all on the ass! He and the government talk tough but dont have the stones to do anything about it. Remember all the hate preachers he was gonna round up? How many have gone? They harp on an on and on about 'rights' without a single thought about responsibilities. Its just another poke in the eye for decent, law abiding tax payers. And party time for the human rights lawyers.

As an aside I've often wondered this. If a tory PM had pushed legislation through parliament, which their spouse then went on to directly earn a small fortune from, what would be the reaction from the Labour benches? Screaming blue murder is what. Enough probably to bring down the gov. But TB does it, not a wimper. Wankers the lot of them

CX

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
lol i know what you mean ridcully, however if i were you i'd change the last bit of your post before the mods do.

CX.

[edit on 11/5/06 by CX]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Find them, invite them into a nationality interview and shoot them dead. problem solved. No terrorist scum using this country as a patsy.

They are all Terrorist scum - So WTF are we allowing them to stay ? The SAS should of been allowed to storm it and bring them out in body bags.

BUT OH NO! cannot do that the poor darlings have human rights you know!

Not the passengers you must know, because they were only in fear of being blown up, shot dead, or mutilated - oh no, they are just a mear background annoyance - These poor little terrorists are way way more important.....

Im going to stop typing now because im getting reall really angry at the state of this country under Tony 'no balls pay the blood price' Blair.

[edit on 11/5/06 by MadGreebo]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
would someone please tell me which country i am living in?
i for some reason thought that the law was there to protect the inocent and the weak.but,i must be very very much mistaken.
we are being dragged down by european laws and people that dont seem to live in the real world.
wake up!!!
what sort of message does this send out to other hijackers?
get a grip.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Maybe it's time for a Revolution!

Seriously....

top topics

join