It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesn't Anyone Like America?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Only in America are you shown how to behave abroad! How messed up is that?

No wonder you can tell a mile away when they say they're from Canada!!!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
This post was, I believe about people that Love America. But it is apparent that the "other" side has so little argument they must spend their time pointing out spelling errors. HMMMMM

Actually, I was pointing out your pretentiousness. But you couldn't be expected to notice that. And I did ask if English was your first language.

If you look at the top of the page, you'll see that the thread is about people who don't like America. So much for getting your facts right.

More to point. If not for the US, you Europeans would be speaking German right about now.

Wondered when you'd get around to that. Firstly, who helped finance Hitler's rise to power? Prescott Bush and Averell Harriman. You've probably not heard of them, but they're quite important to the history of your country.

Secondly, the UK held out pretty well and who knows what would have happened? As it is, the US came late to the party (as usual when confronted with a fair fight, as opposed to bombing some tiny third-world country back to the stone age) and managed to throw enough materiel at the problem to sort out a situation that had been caused by your own people.

Q. Who was Time magazine's man of the year for 1938? Tell me that, oh wise one.

Thirdly, it could very well be argued that in many respects the Nazis won the war. In operation Paperclip, it wasn't just Wernher Von Braun who was spirited away to the US. Many leading Nazis were smuggled out and put to work building drug empires and toppling troublesome regimes in South America. And all at the behest of the USG.

Fourthly, the US is currently engaged in a campaign of war and domination (plus a burgeoning atmosphere of fascism at home) eerily reminiscent of late thirties Germany. Mein Kampf = PNAC's Rebuilding America's Defenses, burning of the Reichstag = 9/11, annexation of the Sudetenland=the 'liberation' (what a sick joke) of Iraq, the 'Jewish problem' = islamofascism.

So keep on cutting, this is better than one of your films, you know the really slow, hard to watch foreign films.

Not everything can be on the level of Dumb and Dumberer. Sorry.

And did you actually have any points apart from reiterating how jealous we are? Oh yeah, that tired old one about the war. That was it. Dear oh dear.

Oh, and because I know you can't look things up, Time's 1938 Man of the Year was Adolph Hitler.

To close, it was very nice of you to call me the Smartest Man on the Planet. I wish I could accept the accolade, but I don't think you're qualified to judge.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by rich23]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I love America. i have been in many other countries. I am currently living overseas and missing America.

I do not care of other countries like us or hate us. I never have. What I do care about is our government getting us involved in a whole bunch of messy situations all over the world that are disasterous for both the countries involved and ourselves. I honestly cant see any benefit of the major U.S. interventions. We do best when we handle our own problems and let other countries handle theirs, or ruin themselves.

That said, I highly doubt many other countries are envious. I know plenty of people who are happy within their own borders. This is good. I am always warmed when I see love of ones own land and a desire to grow old and die there, regardless of the situation. America is not for everyone, and not everyone wants to live there. Its arrogant to assume so.

If you live in America and dont like it, good. Sort out why you dont like it and work to change it. America thrives off of constant dissatisfaction which leads to change, growth, and a very interesting country. if you dont like and and do not live in America, well, good for you. i do not care. Its your right to hold an opinion and your right to love/hate whatever or whoever you want, and am glad you have formed your own opinion. But I wont lose sleep over it.

America will only be good as long as people remain restless and keep striving for better, more innovative ideals and goals. We are unlike many countries: we are forever looking to the future and not burdened by a cumbersome past. But we need to turn our energies inward and deal with the growing threats within our borders from our own leaders and certain groups who wish to destroy the great American dream with their iron fisted oppresion of others who are different. We need to fight the good fight and accept differences of opinion, and keep the optimism that makes this country so great.

And lets not grow arrogant or complacent.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
It didn't get any heat going at all, it just proved once again that you're not able to see the whole picture.

and.....you are?

HMMMM, the ol' "I'm better than you defense."

Pot calling a kettle black?

Man I hate always being right.

Hey! Mcphisto... I never gave you permission to post my picture!!!

And something to sleep on now. It is always the TOP dog that gets picked on in the fight. So just keep on keepin on proving my country is by and far the best.

Seriously though folks, Thanks for all your support.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Isn't it the weakest countries that get picked on? =/

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
And OH richie...

You are too rich... HAHAHAHA I love that one.

Doesn't HMMM Does not, right? Correct me now, you are very good at it. "Like America"
You can get it, now come on, "Doesn't!!! anyone like America. Darn it you missed that one altogether. Perhaps English is not your primary language?

And of course Adolph was the man of the year in 1938. Sould have been, right after that all of europe came out with there hands up (except GB of course) yelling I surrender. Well until we came over and saved you all....again...whew!

And pluuuueesseeee, your cuts to my intellect is just tiring, but if it's all you have, then please go ahead.
reiterate comforting nostrums WHEW!! is that one of them there foreign words?
Man you crack me up.

"Did you hear that the EU sent people to help us during the Hurricane? Yea, caused a BIG mess. When they got over here, they all surrendered to our Salvation Army."

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Fawkes

OMG!

What he said x10

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Skadi - good post and great avatar. I'm giving up on the simpleton. I think he might save posting until he's sunk some brews. That's the best I can think of him, I'm afraid.

Yup. Don't feed the troll.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
We Russians don't have anything against America. But, some of us don't like your government (any more then we like ours), some of us don't like your president, and some of us don't like the way some Americans act. But that doesn't mean we don't like ostAmerica as a whole. A gov. shouldn't ruin a country or its people. Hell, some Russians would die to come to America. Though Americans come to Russia too. People hate the Govt, president, etc. But few hate the country as a whole.Technically, I think America is kinda cool YEAH, THEY GOT COOL RAP! lol. But I could at the same time hate your President and Government. Anyway, lets just all get along. Peace out, comrades.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i'm fairly sure i hate all polticians

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hey Russian...

I would love to visit your country!!!

Moscow looks INCREDIBLE!!!, You have a lot of beauty and history there.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I would come and visit America, if I had the money, yous lot have alot of history as much as any other country in the world... Again I shall say it is not yous or your country that alot of folks do not like... It is Your President and Hhis Gun Ho Administration that gets up everyone elses noses.....:bnghd::bnghd:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Hey Russian...

I would love to visit your country!!!

Moscow looks INCREDIBLE!!!, You have a lot of beauty and history there.

Wow, thanks for saying that! Its great! You should visit it! I like it better then America, but I still think America is cool. Hell, I think all countries are cooool! All countries have something special about them!

You should visit moscow, that's the best place. I personally want to visit Omsk, where they got cool factories that make tanks! You know, Russian and America arn't so different actually. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I hope to before I die.

The people of Russia are, IMO, some of the greatest on the planet. Your fortitude and tenacity, artisans and soldiers are to be admired.

If you do come here, hit the Grand Canyon, I waited till I was 40, but it is really awesome.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks , I'll consider going to the Grand Canyon. I liked Yosemite national park, too bad I didn't go up the mountain
. A good place to visit in Russia is near Irkutsk. Its called the Baikal lakes and they are among the biggest lakes in the world. ITS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! But I've never been there. I will be there sometime in my lifetime!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I know it is off topic, but hey I'm the American Lover so here goes.

Russian,

Isn't that lake area where the worlds deepest lake is located? I remember reading that there are a lot of very nice vacation homes there from the old USSR days. Do you know if there are any vacation packages that one can purchase for that area?

I'm asking because that is right up my alley. I pride myself on having fished almost all over the world, Amateur and catch and release I assure you, and that area sounds like heaven.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join