It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb for President Says brother George

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What is this a monarchy? A dynasty? I don't think more than two people from any one family should be allowed to be president even in our so called democratic election process. But even with that being said, I think Jeb Bush would be a far better president than his brother George.

Bush says Jeb would make a great president

ORLANDO -- Could there be a third President Bush? The current chief said Wednesday that younger brother Jeb would make a great one, too, and has asked him about making a run. The first President Bush likes the idea as well.

Jeb Bush, the Republican governor of Florida, has one asset that his presidential brother doesn't right now _ approval from most of his constituents.

The governor has repeatedly said he won't be a candidate for president in 2008, but that doesn't stop his family from encouraging him to go for it some day.

``I would like to see Jeb run at some point in time, but I have no idea if that's his intention or not,'' the president said in an interview with Florida reporters, according to an account on the St. Petersburg Times Web site

And in 2012 after Jeb get elected, I'm sure his son who is already in politics will be groomed to run for office too.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Oh god, no. Please. No. The man who was behind the fuss over poor Terry Schiavo as President? Argh.

Well, el Dubya is probably pushing his brother because it lessens the chance of the new president starting off his first press conference by announcing that based on all the things he found swept under the carpet, his first action will be to have Dubya locked up in the deepest darkest cell he could find.
Argh.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
as the saying goes, 'Only in America!'.

God help us all if the Bush family does the Gore tactic and gets Jeb into the white house.... OMFG is the world ready for that? I really hope this never, ever comes to pass, as the worlds had enough misery and strife from Bush senior and junior to last it forever.

As the t-shirt reads, 'Bush family Butchers - est. 1934.'

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
How I wish all these old line political families from all sides of the political spectrum would just go away. The Bushes, Kennedys, Gores, etc... Representitive so and so, grandson of the late senator so and so...it gets really old. Blood doesn't tell. Oh, Senator Soandso was a great man back in 1930, so his grandson must be too. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not the grandson can do the job.

Having said all the above...I fully realize that it will not happen. These families will continue to dominate politics on the national level whether in the open as elected officials, or behind the scenes as the movers and shakers of the two major parties. Time for a third, and even fourth, party.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I remember hearing a British professor stating on TV, at some point, that monarchy was still alive in the U.S., through the dynasties - the House of Bush, he called it - as well as all the pomp and ritual of the inauguration.

Aren't there any other qualified people in the Republican Party? Some who don't have Bush as a last name?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
George W. Bush outperformed his father, so maybe Jeb can improve on his brothers excellent performance.

It doesn't hurt when Democrats throw out candidates like ALGORE, Viet-Nam veteran (and don't you forget it) John Kerry, and soon to be candidate Hillary.

I don't think Jeb will run in 2008. He would be a great Vice-President choice though! Jebs time for the Presidency will be in 2016.

MMP

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I wonder if the Bush's have spent more time holding public office then the Kennedy's yet...anyone know? Jeb Bush would not make a good President because he has way too many personal problems. As of right now I don't see anyone that looks good for the 2008 race. Why you ask? Simple, the nation as a whole has been run into the ground and no one in my opinion is pushing for any real change. It's really getting pathetic.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's a corporate junta, the name and the face are incidental. But hey, semantics, semantics.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Aren't there any other qualified people in the Republican Party? Some who don't have Bush as a last name?

Well there certainly aren't any who DO have Bush as a last name. Bush 41 doesn't get any kudos from me either, not because he was an all-around bad president, but because he is the one who surrendered the center and gave my party of choice to the religious right during the 1992 Republican primary. For crying out loud, it was Pat Buchannan and David friggin Duke, did he really have to stoop to their level to get renominated???

For all the talk about Perot, some studies actually indicated that abortion was generally more likely to cause Republican voters to defect than economic issues, and as far as I can understand abortion has never been a proper issue for federal law anyway- unless of course the fetus which is supposedly being murdered is either a federal official or is killed on federal property.

I appologize for not finding this original thread first, but I'll briefly reitterate some fo what I said in the other one.

Jeb simply isn't a logical candidate given the current disapproval of this administration. You can' rig the vote against a landslide and get away with it. If a Democrat takes 55% of the popular vote and are counting problems in 4 or 5 or more states... there will be violence.

The Republicans have to run a candidate who can win the moderates with a well established conservative running mate. If it were my call I'd run McCain with Gingrich in the passenger seat pulling the strings. Their recent records are almost Hillary-proof. It's important for the Republicans to insulate themselves against a negative campaign and make the Democrats talk about the issues, because they can't excite their base with that- their base is now used to (and really likes) screaming indignantly about how bad they've been shafted, and they can't all agree with one another about anything else.

Whoever runs, as long as he's not connected to this administration's misdeeds, should probably play every card against this admin before the D's do too. I'd think very seriously about publically praising Pat Fitzgerald's tendency to attack both sides of the aisle when they do wrong, and ask him to run the DOJ.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Jeb Bush would make a fine president.

I doubt that he will follow hard on his brother's heels, but his tenure as governor of Florida has been good training for the exigencies of a wartime presidency.

[edit on 2006/5/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think that's the problem. America doesn't want another wartime president. We want an endgame president who will nail a great big lid on that money-pit of a middle-eastern nation which just insists on self-destructing, no matter how hard our troops fight to protect them from their own obsession with killing anyone who isn't like them.

We'd also like someone with a little initiative. Somebody who sees the immigration problem and does something about it way before 5/1/06 rather than announcing a temporary plan 2 weeks after that (oh gee, I don't know, 9/11/01 might have been a good time to start asking if we should keep better tabs on who is entering this country)

We'd also like to have just one more election without any controversy over who won. That would mean a lot to me. I can't help thinking that the man who was governor of Florida in 2000 may not be the man who can give us that kind of certainty that everything was on the level. I know, everyone's gonna say Jeb's hands were clean- not the point. Avoid the appearance of anything suspicious.

new topics

top topics

join