It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an annoying little problem - can we fix it??? UPDATE: now i can't edit posts...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Test

test

TextTextText

Text

Awesome, working great thanks.

You have voted ArMaP for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The "preview post" function still erases the changes in the text field if you try to edit an old post, as noted previously.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yea I have forgotten several times this week about the hyperlink bug and have had a few very long posts removed once I try to post a source. I just decided not to post it al all. It is really annoying man especially if you are forgetful like me.

I don't even have a clue what could be the cause, butI am trying to just remember typing the code in.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
w0w...

great job guys...

the problem is fixed for me...

this is great

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I am very happy this problem got solved, I also wrote a longish thread on one of the weaponry threads.

test: ATS

works

Good job SO

Oh and BTW, the great SO uses a Mac! -shudders- I like my custom build PCs my self...

[edit on 4/30/2006 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Macs are nice for online work because you don't have to worry much about the constant hack attempts. As long as 95% of the computers on the web are el cheapo windows rigs, the mac users are encapsulated in a warm fuzzy blanket of protection.

The smartest animals know how to use the herd to their advantage.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
update:

now, it seems, that i cannot edit my posts

when i tried, it just brought me back to my post with the "[edit on 3-5-2006 by they see ALL]" text on the bottom but my edits were not included...

this could be a huge problem...

EDIT:

testing edit function...

[edit on 3-5-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I just checked, and it is working okay for me.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I just checked, and it is working okay for me.

just did a check on the post above, and i came to the conclusion that:

if one tries to "preview post" (after editing), and then posts, the edit doesn't show...

this is very weird...

EDIT:

this is because after you press "edit," then you type in stuff, and then you press "preview," the actual edited version is the above section and the regular version is still in the text box...

yes, it sounds confusing, but just try it...

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
if one tries to "preview post" (after editing), and then posts, the edit doesn't show...

Yes, this happened to me yesterday.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ahhhh.. That is different. I did have that happen once or twice, but I thought I had done something wrong on my end, i. e., hit the enter button, or another key.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yes, that has happened to me 2 times.

Unfortunately, that is something I cannot try to help from the outside.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
UPDATE TWO (another problem):

when you preview a post (and then post it), the title of the post (or thread) will erase a little...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

this is because after you press "edit," then you type in stuff, and then you press "preview," the actual edited version is the above section and the regular version is still in the text box...

yes, it sounds confusing, but just try it...

I am also experiencing this problem and just wanted to bump this thread to let the powers know.

The edit shows in the preview frame, but is removed from the reply frame.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ok. So, many of guys have hit the bottle because all your hard work of writing your precious post had been wiped out in an instant like the dinosaurs 60 million years ago!

Why can't you write your posts in MS Word etc, save and then copy and paste it? This way you'll never lose your post even if it goes up in smoke on ATS.

(I think one of our amigos had suggested this many moons ago).

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What's the problem here? This is not a complaint, this is a bug report. That's all.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Ok. So, many of guys have hit the bottle because all your hard work of writing your precious post had been wiped out in an instant like the dinosaurs 60 million years ago!

Why can't you write your posts in MS Word etc, save and then copy and paste it? This way you'll never lose your post even if it goes up in smoke on ATS.

(I think one of our amigos had suggested this many moons ago).

very true...

well, it may be true just for longer posts...

for example, who would want to waste all that time for a two line post???

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join