It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist protest in N.Y. –'Mushroom cloud on way'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Maybe if the US weren't spending a billion a day trying to steel oil in the middle east the money could be used to do what the US claims it does.
Pour that money into Mexico and invest in their economy and then maybe people wouldn't have to sneak into the US to be able to feed their families.

Well Anok is all about politics and agendas. . . that is the way our great nation full of buy out politicians is all about.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Of course it's all about politics.

So why is every one so down on illegals?

It's the system built by the rich and powerful that causes the problem, not people just wanting to feed themselves and their families.

But of course it's easier to blaim the victim than go after the real cause.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Well taking into consideration that I live in the south and illegals are hired for menial work like farming, I have to say that they are abuse with low wages while the business owners get away with not paying a decent wage to an American citizen.

Also I have seen an increased of illegal workers living in very despicable conditions in areas that are not suitable for habitation.

I have worked with illegal and migrant workers children and families many of these people can not read or wright and many children has never been in school.

I also worked with a lawyer that specialized in migrant worker laws and is just horrible what goes on with them.

Now how come our government allows this type of abuse is beyond me, but is benefiting the business owner that hire them.

[edit on 23-4-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well exactly Marg...

So should we building walls and making illegals into felons, or should we be changing the system that allows businesses to exploit these people?

You can't blame the illegal when even low wages and poor conditions in the States is better than what they escaped from.

You can't blame them when they know if they can get here they can find work.

What would you all do in their shoes?

It's so easy for us to sit here in our comfortable homes, with our comfortable jobs and food on our plates to criticize those struggling for a better chance at life. It's easy when you have money and are American to move somewhere else. Mexicans don't have the same oportunities as us, they can't just apply for a visa like we can.

[edit on 23/4/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

BTW I was an illegal myself for awhile, if I was Mexican I'd still be illegal.
But I'm white and European, how lucky I am!

Yes you are, sad but true, is just like the Haitians they do not have it as easy as let said, a more lighted skinned person, like Cubans.

The problem with many illegal immigrants is that they do not have education, they do not speak the language and the only jobs that they are able to find is menial under wage ones.

If they get amnesty most of these people will fall into the poor category group in our country.

Been and has been in the middle working class myself we had the worst deal of the whole situation.

It will be our group the one to paid for all the services that many of these people will required as American citizens.

Do you think is fair?

Remember the national wages in our country has not been raised in 9 years.

But everything else has.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The problem with many illegal immigrants is that they do not have education, they do not speak the language and the only jobs that they are able to find is menial under wage ones.

I have to admit I was exagerating a bit with that comment, I deleted it but you got to it before I did I guess. I wasn't illegal for very long but I was trying to make a point I guess, it's a long story.

But anyway what does their lack of education have to do with it really?
Are you saying only smart people are allowed in the club?

Is it the illegals fault wages have not increased? That has nothing to do with illegals.

Actualy minimum wage was just increased in my city Jan 01 this year, it's now $8.82 an hour.

And what's fair, is it fair what this country did to the Mexicans to begin with? Or the Natives that were here when the original Euros came to this country Illegaly?
It's like if someone came to your house, made you move into the shed, and then create laws to stop you getting back into your own house. Would you respect that law?

Don't blaim the illegals, blaim the system that creates them.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

www.wnd.com...
A New York rally by the Islamic Thinkers Society outside the Israeli consulate yesterday featured chants of "The mushroom cloud is on its way! The real holocaust is on its way!"

Notice that there's not pics of these placards? Thats because WorldNutDaily has a tendency to make things up, ie, are liars.

[in arabic]
Israeli Zionists What do you say? The real Holocaust is on its way"

Really? In arabic? It just happens to rime?

[edit on 23-4-2006 by Nygdan]

MBF

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If the American people would take the jobs that the illegal Mexicans do, then they wouldn't be here. I'm a farmer and have used a good many Mexican workers. I have a lot of respect for most of them (there are bad apples in every bunch). I had very little trouble with them as workers, they did a good job for me. I am a small farmer so I couldn't use them all the time, but they would work for several of us and we would work out our schedules to keep them working regular during the season. There would be times that they would come up here early in the season and there would not be any work for them. We farmers would give them money for food to get them by until there was work available even though some of the people would never work for me. The crew leader never forgot this and still comes by to visit me even though he knows that I no longer need any help. I never took advantage of them and if I meet any of them in town now they will still come and speak to me and shake my hand. I know that there are employers that take advantage of them, but I am not one of them. Anybody that wants to just throw them back to Mexico needs to stop and think about the concequences, they are taking jobs here that the American people think they are too good to take. Most are just decent people that want a better life for their families. They would make more working for me in a day than they could make working in Mexico in a month.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Video of protest, looks like something the CIA would pull off to attract recruits, disinfo ect., cointel:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-4-2006 by desert rat]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yes we should build a wall, and yes they are illegal, and yes they should be sent back at Mexico's expense, and yes buisness's should be fined for every illegal they hire, 50,000 that way it's like they paid a decent american wage, for every offense, and if your caught twice, you lose your license forever, you can now get a job in the market you helped destroy. As someone who has lost two jobs, seen 6 people killed, two playgrounds destroyed, and countless other frustrations or outright criminal actions by illegals, it's time to put a stop to this and get these people back to there actual homes, or working in prison programs, and they can make less then they do in mexico. Also more people starve in America then Mexico, try going there a few times and seeing how it is, it's hardly mad max, they have everything we do but the will to fix there country.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

The police arrested more than 600 people during the protests;

Oh wow....you are taking a link from someone who calls himself a happy communist....

First, could you tell us exactly what is the goal of Communists?

Second, could you give us another link which tells us the full story behind this protest?....

I have seen quite a few times protesters resort to violence and then they cry foul when they get arrested for becoming violent....

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I wish the audio was of better quality in that video. I cant hear everything that is said even in English. Is there another video anywhere on this rally?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Oh wow....you are taking a link from someone who calls himself a happy communist....

What's that got to do with anything, other than you showing your bias?
Just cause the guy calls himself a commie don't mean the article isn't true.
You believe too much propaganda comrade.

I posted that link mostly cause it's the first one I found mentioning a protest in the US, so I could make the comparison with one in Saudi. Mostly 'cause the poster I was replying to claimed if you protest in Saudi you get your head cut off, which is totally incorrect as I have shown. In fact if you look at the pics you can see a protest in the states is far more dangerous for the protester than one in Saudi.

You are taking it out of context and reading too much into my thread.

If the guy in that link was a fascist right wing conservative would it make a difference? Would it make you happy if I found a different one? It wouldn't make the protests outcome any different, the pic speaks for itself, forget the link.

And no I'm not a communist if that's what you think, not that I think communism is any worse than the sham of democracy we have now.
But anyway so what, isn't this a free country?
Do you want to stifle my freedom to believe in what I want?
That's called fascism, and I guess that's better than communism?

Have you ever been to a big protest? Have you seen the free speech zones ppl are hearded into like cattle? Have you seen the cops prevoke the protesters? Have you seen the cops in civies pretending to be protesters inciting people to cause trouble? have you seen someone hit with a stick for nothing? have you seen someone get trampled by a cops horse for nothing?
The crowd tear gassed for nothing?
I have.

Don't believe what you read in the conservative state run press, go see for yourself before you close your mind on free speech and the right to protest.
It's all we have left, the vote has been stolen and doesn't work anymore.

Here have fun...
www.google.com...

[edit on 24/4/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat
Video of protest, looks like something the CIA would pull off to attract recruits, disinfo ect., cointel:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-4-2006 by desert rat]
Along with a sprinkling of MOSSAD agents chanting about our nuclear 911.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You don't know? Its because the war on terror has proven to be as much a false and empty sheepskin for the wolves to steal our money as the war on drugs is, and America needs a new boogie man to keep the racists in this country all riled up with hate so they can masturbate their firearms in homocidal sexual anticipation of wholesale murder. Because if they don't have brown people to want to kill and shove into the ocean, they might turn their attention toward the government which robs, poisons, and betrays them.

Its not just about politics, its also about psychology, or disorders thereof.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I had a run in with this guys in December of last year. i was in New York for my birthday and they were chanting this political garbage on the streets in midtown outside the W on broaway. They had those same pictures with the flags, and a few that had pictures of the WTC, with captions such as "it could happen again" and "you bought 9/11 upon yourself with jewish support".

When they appraoched me to show me the sign, I had a few choice words, such as why the hell they would even think of doing this when 40 blocks away 3000 people died because of this ideology. It actually got to the point of me pushing one of signs to pass and a few more vulgarities flew. I was pissed. The sad part was that there were American kids, you could tell, who were mixed in with this crowd and showing of hate towards America side by side chanting against America with these men.

I am for freedom of speech, but if this was the KKK in Harlem or the Black Panthers in the Hamptons, you can bet your *** they would have been arrested.

If you listen to the video, it is clearing stating that there is a real and new holocaust on the way for the Jews.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

[in arabic]
Israeli Zionists What do you say? The real Holocaust is on its way"

Really? In arabic? It just happens to rime?

[edit on 23-4-2006 by Nygdan]

Though I do not always agree with you, I do find it interesting (and I hadn't even bothered to think of that) that a translation rhymed. That's not very common. Also I always wonder where such things originate. Anyone that has been to a protest before more than likely has experienced a few in the crowd that will try to turn the group as a whole away from their point. Is there anyone here that can look at the signs and give us a literal translation to see if it rhymes?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Can we stick to topic please?

I admit there are only about 10,000 threads on the illegal alien issue, but this isnt one of them

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Though I do not always agree with you, I do find it interesting (and I hadn't even bothered to think of that) that a translation rhymed. That's not very common.

I do have to wonder though, if what WND got wrong was that it was in arabic, it might've been that the slogans were shouted in english, but they figured Arabic was more threatening, so they presented it as that.

And yes, go figure, no pics from them on these alleged signs.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Myself I am getting frustrated with the idea that Isreal and the Jews are totally innocent of any crimes in the history of the world.

Maybe it is time that they begin to come clean in order that we prevent WWIII from happening.

I agree with your statement, however I am not sure the Jewish people will ever be able to repent for their crimes, nor will Christianity. Unless the people in power now are overthrown, which is definately a possibility. The leaders of the Zionist movement betrayed their fellow Jews by siding with the Nazis during WWII to ensure their own safety. I don't think the Jewish "people" need to apologize necessarily, but there definately needs to be some accountability for their leaders. The average person living in Israel is not a right-wing fascist jew or a suicide bombing palestinian. They are real good people over there too and I think we forget that from time to time due to all this hate spread by the media...

I have a solution, destroy mass media.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join