It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist protest in N.Y. –'Mushroom cloud on way'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
First and foremost-This is not a thread to bash muslims or Islam.This is to point some of the hypocracy by some of these groups who say they are for peace-but it seems it's peace on their terms.I find this article,if true is a little sad and worrying.I don't how a religion as a whole can support the extermination of a race/society of people just because they were born that way.

www.wnd.com...

I am hoping that they are not serious about what they are saying and this is maybe just some kind of counter-response to what seems to be alot of anti-muslim rhetoric in the media and on the internet.Maybe I'm wrong.Maybe this is what they want for the USA and Israel.I know there needs to be a solution,hopefully peaceful for the Palestine people but this sure doesn't help their cause..........................

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
UGH....

Not another "please dont bash the people that wish to see you perish in nuclear anniliation" post.

I guess I will have to refrain from defending myself or the people they wish to see anniliated so I dont step on any bleeding-heart toes.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARNOMANNNI don't how a religion as a whole can support the extermination of a race/society of people just because they were born that way.

www.wnd.com...

Uh so you mean a people's actions are to be ignored and all it has to do with is semantics?

Myself I am getting frustrated with the idea that Isreal and the Jews are totally innocent of any crimes in the history of the world.

Maybe it is time that they begin to come clean in order that we prevent WWIII from happening.

On the other hand the article you link to me does not cause me any joy that Arabs can dance in the streets of a free country which they have no respect for and declare its destruction with impunity.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My disclaimer was just that-there are peace loving muslims out there and not include them in this argument.However if you feel you must defend yourself go ahead.To tell you the truth,I feel that it is going to become necessary to probably include all of the muslims,if they don't start speaking out against this kind of thing by those in their own religion. I'm just trying to be nice-not spineless

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That's why a demcratic society is a free society.You have the right to protest anything you want-that is your right to express yourself.Try that in Saudi Arabia.I know if the roles were reversed,those people would be beheaded by now

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The person who translated the chants came from this group.

The Multistate Anti-Terrorism Information Exchange (MATRIX) has been shut down after many complaints and much political attention. When the project died, only four states remained: Connecticut, Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. The loss of federal funding was the main cause to the project's demise, but this was due to significant political pressure.

Your thread is hearsay from a nobody without an ounce of credibility.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
Try that in Saudi Arabia.I know if the roles were reversed,those people would be beheaded by now

Well actualy try that in America as well...

Seattle...

The police arrested more than 600 people during the protests;

www.dailybruin.ucla.edu...

Saudi Arabia...

The following photos were taken at the Saudi protest during an unprecedented human rights conference in Riyadh on October 14, 2003. Reports indicated 250 people were arrested for taking part in the protest.

www.menavista.com...

So do you want to re-think your comment?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well this is a very good example of people exercising their freedom of speech in American soil, and free to do, just like the protest by illegal immigrants.

But the irony is not the fact that they are exercising that freedom that belongs to American citizens but that when it comes to American citizens exercising their freedom of the same speech they usually become targets to the law so rather most Americans become mute.

Funny that this people can get away with this type of protest but we Americans can not.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Marge illegal aliens are not afforded the same rights as US citizens, they are not supposed to even be here.

Next, can you tell me when freedom of speech is overridden by the danger posed to the populous, or when freedom of speech ends and a threat begins?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Marge illegal aliens are not afforded the same rights as US citizens, they are not supposed to even be here.

Well they sure as hell are doing all the protest they want and very sucessful also, where have you been in the last month?

Next, can you tell me when freedom of speech is overridden by the danger posed to the populous, or when freedom of speech ends and a threat begins?

Really, it looks to me that they did it and got away with it.

A New York rally by the Islamic Thinkers Society outside the Israeli consulate yesterday featured chants of "The mushroom cloud is on its way! The real holocaust is on its way!"

I guess New York is no part of America after all.

So how many got arrested in New York for this protest?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well they sure as hell are doing all the protest they want and very sucessful also...

Acing out an illegal act and not getting punished due to political and bureaucratic reasons still does not mean its legal.

Really, it looks to me that they did it and got away with it.

Marge please try and answer the question, we might get somewhere if you tell me what constitutes freedom of speech and what constitutes a threat.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well, Worldnet daily is known to pander for the neocons, but again there is only so much you can spin- people screaming about mushroom clouds and inciting genocide DID parade. That requires exactly 0 spin to be troublesome.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Marg why do you asume all those protesters were illegals?

You think non-illegals wouldn't stand up for them?

I for one would, and do!

I actualy doubt many were illegals, what illegal would risk getting caught at a protest?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I actually doubt many were illegals, what illegal would risk getting caught at a protest?

That was the beauty of the organizations in charge of the protest they knew that the police would no stop them or neither tried to run migra while the protest were on going.

That would have brought chaos and riots.

Westpoint you are the one no getting anywhere, due to the fact that you spend more time getting at me than bringing something meaningful to your posts.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

That was the beauty of the organizations in charge of the protest they knew that the police would no stop them or neither tried to run migra while the protest were on going.

That would have brought chaos and riots.

Well yeah that makes sense, but the reality is most of the protestors were students not illegals...

Over 5000 students in LA protested.

www.cbsnews.com...

And btw the protests against illegal immigration drew very few people. More people showed up to shout such remarks as racist at them.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yeah, real beauty in helping people who have broken the law and who are here illegally.

And Marge, you are quick to judge the response of the police to these “protests” yet I ask one simple question and you refuse to answer it. :shk:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Over 5000 students in LA protested.

www.cbsnews.com...

Yes I know that students joined the protest occurs, but remember the protest were no isolated they were organized in many cities, including my own backyard in Atlanta and for experience I will have to said that it was not only students the ones that protested here in GA.

The point is that is very easy for these people to protest in quantities and with not problems.

like the protest by the individuals in N.Y they did it and got away with their troublesome message.

Why is that? I still can not find any information on any arrest.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Yes I know that students joined the protest occurs, but remember the protest were no isolated they were organized in many cities, including my own backyard in Atlanta and for experience I will have to said that it was not only students the ones that protested here in GA.

The point is that is very easy for these people to protest in quantities and with not problems.

like the protest by the individuals in N.Y they did it and got away with their troublesome message.

Why is that? I still can not find any information on any arrest.

I agree with you here Marg. It is very disturbing that people can get away with such terrible speech. Though the blurry line between free speech and communicating threats has been and still is debated today, its a tough issue to debate in the legal forum. In my opinion this demonstration should have been dispersed due to the violent message. I'm no expert on free speech law, but I would think that communicating such a disturbing message should be in violation of some statute such as public indencency or inciting violence. I dont know maybe someone else with more expertise can fill us in here

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris

Though the blurry line between free speech and communicating threats has been and still is debated today, its a tough issue to debate in the legal forum.

Good point, specially without getting into the political issues behind such protest, been allow to go on, first the illegal immigration laws protest and this recent one by Islamic.

Like everything is a political agenda behind them.

In my opinion this demonstration should have been dispersed due to the violent message.

Bingo!!!!or at least they should have arrested immediately the people with the violent slogans, but they were allowed to just do that.

My point is that is very easy for People that may not be citizens of the US to have freedom of speech and to have hateful remarks for everyone to heard them.

But when it comes to American citizens the law will make sure that we do not step in our freedom of speech in the government toes.

That is my point.

[edit on 23-4-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yeah, real beauty in helping people who have broken the law and who are here illegally.

Yeah whatever! If your family was starving would you let them starve because of the law? This issue way beyond your laws it's about people.
You are as much an illegal here as they are, go ask a native forced to live on a reservation.

And Marge the students started the protests, L.A. was the first one the others followed. They were not organized by illegals and I doubt many of the protesters were illegals.

Ppl seem to want to refuse to admit that it's only the media hysteria causing the anti-illegal sentiment, most ppl can see it for how it really is, people just wanting to better their lives by escaping a third world country.

Maybe if the US weren't spending a billion a day trying to steel oil in the middle east the money could be used to do what the US claims it does.
Pour that money into Mexico and invest in their economy and then maybe people wouldn't have to sneak into the US to be able to feed their families.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join