It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

<My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven>

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
malfunctioning brain sounds possible?

No, No, No...my brain malfunctioned long ago.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattlelaw
Kinglizard, you should consider posting your experience here as well. You will also get some confimation of your own experience by reading of others. Not that you need any!

www.nderf.org...

Funny you mention that site. It was the first site I found when I was discharged from the hospital. I wanted to read up on other near death experiences and share my own. I've been meaning to submit my story, guess I'll put that on the front burner so I can reach more people.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
@They See All

Yeah, the goal is to gain enlightenment (Nirvana). If one does not achieve enlightment in his current life, he will reincarnate to something based on how his karma unfold. Bad karma makes you become a demon, and a good karma means you become a saint or angel. But all in all, reincarnating to an angel is not better than escaping the never-ending circle of rebirth.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I really don't know about your prayer life

I'm prayerful. I'm what those around me call
'conservative and religious'.

I'm just always wondering if it is 'enough' ....
But I guess that's my personality or something.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I'm just always wondering if it is 'enough' ....
But I guess that's my personality or something.

We could never do enough to earn heaven. What could we possibly do in 70+- years to earn an eternity in Heaven with God? Eternal life is a free gift:

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast."
" - Ephesians 2:8

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23

The moment we pay anything for a gift, it ceases to become a gift. The things we do for God are done out of love and gratitude for the grace he has already given us and the promise already fulfilled through His son.

I have no doubt reassurance will come to you Flyersfan, it may take your last day, but not a day later

[edit on 27-4-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I have no doubt reassurance will come to you Flyersfan, it may take your last day, but not a day later

True.

From the first day you began to believe in him with all your heart, you created a name on the waiting-list for heaven, so its all about holding on to that belief that will be the challenge of your whole life, not beginning to believe in God.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
One thing I love about the NDE reports is that those reporting all indicate that the experience is more real than regular life in the body. That seems fantastic and hard to imagine. It also supports those who believe that this earth experience is the one which is not ultimate reality.

Taking that to heart allows one to smile at the hard things as opposed to becoming angry and vindictive or whatever destructive emotion seeks to assert itself as who you really are.

Another cool thing is that they nearly all experience a "love from above" that is also way beyond what we know from this experience. To be embraced by God's love like that sounds pretty sweet. Many also report experiencing a complete knowing of why everything is happening the way it is. Ultimate and complete knowledge. And it is good.

I'd take that even for an instant.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
@Seattlelaw

Yeah, you can gain that through advanced meditation as well, although I don't know how it works or how long it lasts (probably not long).

This thread made me think of a question to ask myself: Isn't spirituality beginning to arise in the public? More and more people are getting into it I feel at this moment.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yes, Volatile. I feel it as well. Public consciousness is on the rise. Let's hope it's in time for this world. Lead by example, eh.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I believe you. I have had a lot of astral projection experiences. And I have been to the other side as well, it is the most wonderful thing that can ever happen to you...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
2 Timothy 1: 12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

We are not perfect and will always be able to see how we fail to measure up. But God loves us so much that when we sin he is able to forgive us if we ask. When we see ourselves we see our sin, but God sees the Blood.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Amazing.

I often here these types of stories.

I have no doubt that you experienced exactly what you think you experienced.

I am sure it makes you look at life in a different light.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattlelaw NDE stories have provided me with a sense of wonder about the next stage we all face while in this dimension. There is a thread of continuity without redundancy to the experiences that lends credibility.

This is true.

If you enjoyed Kinglizard's experience, I recommend you also visit this site to read more experiences.

www.nderf.org...

I second the recommendation. It is truly an enlightening site to read.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
When we see ourselves we see our sin, but God sees the Blood.

Yes.

External source: KJV, Public Domain
And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are:
and when I see the blood,
I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you,
when I smite the land of Egypt.
(~Exodus 12:13 KJV)

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
For those of you interested in knowing more about peoples NDE's, the site link blow is the best on the net for the most part (I have nothing to do with this site, it is just a excellent resourse site for NDE's).
It is interested to note that when people have a NDE (not to be confused with OBE) they tend to "see" what it is they believed in here in this plane(Earth). For more , free info. go to the link below:
www.near-death.com...
KINGLIZARD, the important thing for you to do now is pray and meditate as much as possible if you are serious about knowing what you are to do while here on this plane. Have pure thoughts.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GREGNOW
KINGLIZARD, the important thing for you to do now is pray and meditate as much as possible if you are serious about knowing what you are to do while here on this plane. Have pure thoughts.

You know I pray twice a day asking God to reveal his plan to me but I haven't gone on any extended prayer marathons. Maybe I should.

As for meditation I haven't done that for years.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm so gratefull that you have had such an exponential spiritual experience, you are trully blessed.

You say you felt this overwhelming feeling of love..and joy, you say it's god, but what about the Holy Ghost? Lol He/She Needs Some lovin to

Everytime I step into church.....or heck when ever I talk one on one with heavenely father, I have this overwhelming sensation of love,joy, optemism(SP) etc. Lol Isn't it so awesome?

I thank Heavenely father Day And Night for being here on this Beautiful planet of his, and I also pray that I'm worthy enough to be in his presence. Until that day That I'm baptised into the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, Will I feel complete (We believe that with out baptism performed by those who hold the priest hood authority we will not recieve the holy ghost).

I know that Jesus Christ Lives! So Does His Father And The Holy Ghost! I say these things in Jesus Christ AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And God Bless You To Brother!!

Deut. 7: 9
9 Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which akeepeth• covenant and bmercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Pm me if you ever wanna talk
Laters

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You know I pray twice a day asking God to reveal his plan to me

I believe He already has shown a part of it here. The comments are evidenced of that. Of all the things I've said in my years on ATS, very very few has had any impact, whereas you seem to have made a great one in one paragraph.

but I haven't gone on any extended prayer marathons. Maybe I should.

If you've seen heaven, I think you've got it right.

Although we are to pray unceasingly...

"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up." - Luke 18:1

we're also asked instructed...

"And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words." Matthew 6:7

It's a challenging balance. I tend to underpray than over I think.

Breathing and stretching do a body good I think. It helps lift the spirit, but is a long way from saving anyone from anything other than being cranky or stressed.

I know one more thing that lifted my spirit. It was this thread.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Breathing and stretching do a body good I think. It helps lift the spirit, but is a long way from saving anyone from anything other than being cranky or stressed.

Depends on what perspective you view it from.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Just to add my two cents and questions. about how long did this take?
why doesn't it happen when you are not close to dying but had you been a few inches in either direction you would have it doesn't?

my near death experiences.
I used to ride freestyle bmx a lot and I had been trying to jump from this one quarterpipe to a ramp facing perpendicular to it on the side. I went too far forward and hit the back end of the ramp with me and all but my back tire hanging of and the momentum made me flip forwards very quickly. I would have expected to get whiplash from the flip or a broken spine or neck from the fall but came out unscathed except for a blown out innertube on my bike.

also farther back I had been skating in a skatepark (that one didn't allow bikes for whatever reason) and I was trying to do a flip off of a quarter pipe and flipped a bit too slow and fell from about 7feet onto my face/neck. again unscathed(althought that one could be credited to my helmet.

neither of these had I seen anything similar. what happened was that everything was in extremely slow but somehow fast at the same time motion... prolly just me trying to figure out what the hell had happened...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join