It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

<My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven>

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
@Cortara

Thanks. However you shoulden't wish to be more like me, there is no need for it as we all come out equally (in my belief)

@desert

I don't understand... What are these resources that you see?

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
kinglizard, thanks for sharing
I really enjoyed reading about your experience with God...and I'm glad you're well.

Originally posted by kinglizard
Certainly before this experience I had faith but there was always this whisper of a voice that questioned my belief.

I am also Christian, and believe that Jesus is our saviour and the son of God...but sometimes (more recently) I have been questioning Christianity (not God).....but then I read testimonies from kinglizard and others and that uncertainty goes away.

I believe 110%, but it would be awesome to have a definate experience to back up my faith.

Sporty

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
religion, practice sprituality, are teachers in martial arts, yoga or meditation)

Volatile, these were the resources of which I wrote, plus your sig. I agree with Cortara, you are young on a path to spiritual wisdom.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
kinglizard, thanks for sharing
I really enjoyed reading about your experience with God...and I'm glad you're well.

I am also Christian, and believe that Jesus is our saviour and the son of God...but sometimes (more recently) I have been questioning Christianity (not God).....but then I read testimonies from kinglizard and others and that uncertainty goes away.

I'm very happy to be able to share this story with you SportyMB. It was a HUGE blessing from God that I experienced this. I hope my NDE continues to strengthen your faith in Jesus and silence that whisper of a voice.

Know this, God loves and understands you more than you know.

God be with you friend...

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
@Desert

You might be right about that :/

Its just there is a part of me rejecting it, because it makes me feel sad that we are not all equally spiritual. If I could, I would help you, and Cortara or anyone asking for it.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I have seen some stuff also, that correlates with this. But I've never had any near-death (that I know of...)

The city looked different to me though, it was made of that stone that all the houses are made of in the middle east, not of gold. And I walked into it, not flew. And, I was with someone alse.

I see other peoples deaths too though. And probably my own, unless heaven comes to earth some time. I am not very learned on that part.
I don't just see dead people, I also see people while they are dying, and when they are in danger of dying.

That pattern, I have actually seen, but in a dream, and it was carved in wood. On a house. A very mysterious one at that. It covered secret doors, which I opened and went inside. I was told in a rather ominous voice, actually, that I would also be one of "us", "before the day is over". Actually it was shouted after me as I ran away when I heard the "owners" came "home"... Whoever it was that lived in the house, I percieved as saying it. Sounded kind of spooky to me though, as it was nowhere near heaven as I have seen it before. It was more like in a normal suburb... But then again... I met two people who had died, in similare surroundings, only higher up.
I don't know what the difference between these places are, but I get a sense one is a holding place, the other is heaven, and the third is hell, which from another mans explanation, I have also been to, from his description of his trip to hell, but I was in the "least hellish hell". I was only there in spirit, and felt no pain, but there was none to be had. I was simply chained to the walls of a dungeon under the middle east, and could see through the earth and up onto the earth, and saw the war, and while I was there I became at least 70 years old, as I looked at myself. and Unless I have been tricked, it was God who put me there when I objected to the invasion of the middle east. Yes, I talked to him and saw him, and his figure, and he told me in no uncertain terms that "This war has to be". His hair was made of strands of gold, and he wore an old middle-eastern leather-armour, and sandals.
It is probably necessary to bring about the end of the world through this war as prophecied, is my conclusion now. And then it makes sense. Also, the end of the world I have seen often, and seen many aspects of it, and lived through it in different stages and seen what is coming, for me at least.

Anyway, people who do certain drugs also see this kind of wooden "fretwork" as the decorations are called.

Gods day to you, people :-) (Convert NOW...)

[edit on 1-5-2006 by Christian IX]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I was also overcome whilst reading kinglizards account. God Bless you Brother for bringing it to our attention. But then how could you not? I would be telling everyone I saw!

I think many people get confused when they don't know the differences between religion and Faith. Religion is man made and more tradition and ritual than anything. If you were raised in organized religion and have bad memories of it, it's only natural to assume that all Christians are the same. This is far from the truth. When you take Jesus as your personal Savior, you are a new creation in Christ. No longer are you bound to religion. You are now a person of Faith. There is no need for an intercessor, you pray directly to the Lord and learn directly from the Bible.

I think kinglizard said it perfectly a couple of posts ago when he explained what it was about to him and I totally agree.

God Bless All!

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
I was also overcome whilst reading kinglizards account. God Bless you Brother for bringing it to our attention. But then how could you not? I would be telling everyone I saw!

I must admit it’s hard to stop myself sometimes. I want to tell everyone, I want to stand on the street corner yelling what I’ve seen and experienced because it’s so important to share. I try to control those urges because I feel there is a time and place for everything.

I was getting my hair cut last month and I felt compelled to share the story. Well she was really touched and to my surprise had a similar experience.

She was a missionary a few years back and while canoeing down some remote river her canoe flipped. She was caught on a bunch of branches that had accumulated near the bank and was unable to free herself. She was underwater and terrified when Jesus came to her and calmed her soul. She felt a complete peace and was ready to be taken to heaven when a native man reached into the water and freed her.

Anyway we should all know that while we cannot visually see Jesus walking with us let there be on doubt that he is...every step...

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Anyway we should all know that while we cannot visually see Jesus walking with us let there be on doubt that he is...every step...

....Of course he's with us!!! So is the holy ghost!!! Sheesh stop forgetting about the HOLY GHOST MATE!!! Did you know that if a missionary died on his/her mission they go straight to heaven? ....Cool huh.

Mod Edit: Big Quote

[edit on 2-5-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the reminder Poison though I just wanted to get across to people that they don't walk alone in this world.

No, I never heard that a missionary immediately goes to heaven. Is that belief based in the bible?

Thanks friend...blessings...

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Thanks for the reminder Poison though I just wanted to get across to people that they don't walk alone in this world.

No, I never heard that a missionary immediately goes to heaven. Is that belief based in the bible?

BLESSINGS TO YOU AS WELL MAN!!!

No it's found in the Doctrine And Convenants

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
wow, thank you for sharing that. im not a religious man personally, but that was fasinating.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Poison

Are you sure about that? It sounds a bit lorish to me (not to be harsh). I don't think just doing missionary work is going to get you a pass to Heaven my friend. The Bible says the only way to the Father is thru the Son. If you are saved and serving the Lord to the best of your ability, then I don't really think it makes a difference in what capacity you serve. No Christian is more important than another as long as the Will of the Lord is being done.

God Bless!

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

Are you sure about that? It sounds a bit lorish to me (not to be harsh). I don't think just doing missionary work is going to get you a pass to Heaven my friend. The Bible says the only way to the Father is thru the Son. If you are saved and serving the Lord to the best of your ability, then I don't really think it makes a difference in what capacity you serve. No Christian is more important than another as long as the Will of the Lord is being done.

God Bless!

No.....If you DIE ON YOUR MISSION...You go straight to the celestrial kingdom (Highest Glory Of Heaven)

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
@Poison

And you know this how? I'm not refering to quotes off the bible - I think we all know you, and 500 other members know the bible through and through.

Btw. i'm not looking down upon your religion. I could care less what you believe in, but could you please try to yell little bits of the bible in each of your posts from now on? That would be so inspirational to me, amoung many member I belive. I'm sure we all want to convert to Christianity :/.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

No.....If you DIE ON YOUR MISSION...You go straight to the celestrial kingdom (Highest Glory Of Heaven)

I think you mean 'celestial' and to what you are referring is a Mormon belief. I'm going to try and be cautious here but I have many problems with the church of LDS.

One of the most obvious problems is on the last page of the Bible it states: "Do not add to nor take away from this book". The book of Mormon would be "adding to" would it not? It also makes some pretty outlandish claims that cannot be backed up in any part of the Bible.

If you would like some prime examples I would be glad to point them out for you. Listen, I'm not trying to show you up or hurt you in any way here. Please don't take this the wrong way.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What an awesome thread~! I plan to post a long reply today and tomorrow. Thank you for making your experience known- and thank you Lord for your love!

G.Houtchens
amateur historian
armchair coach

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
jbondo, while I can understand having problems with the church of LDS, there are several threads in this forum discussing Mormonism. I, too, am curious where poison is getting this idea, and would love it if (s)he started a thread on it. However, discussing Mormonism and doctrine doesn't really seem to be on topic with what KL experienced.

Volatile, I'm curious, you had said earlier that you don't believe in heaven or hell, but did believe what KL has related to us. Has reading his account changed your perspective on that at all, reinforced your position, or had no effect? I don't mean this to be confrontational or anything, I'm just genuinely curious as to how this impacted you and how, if it was, it was justified in your mind.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Houtchens
What an awesome thread~! I plan to post a long reply today and tomorrow. Thank you for making your experience known- and thank you Lord for your love!

G.Houtchens
amateur historian
armchair coach

It was my pleasure sharing this with you friend and I look forward to reading your thoughts.

God be with you...

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm not going to jack his thread or anything, but I will think about making a forum on mormonism

Thanks for the edit !!! I was never good at spelling Celestial
Keep prounouncing it with an "R" at the end

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join