It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The STILL missing BOEING

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
(off topic - this thread reminded me) But, do you guys remember the 3 missing Iraqi ships, lost before the Iraq war?

I know we have talked about here - I'll try to find the threads.

Jo

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

Some of my co-workers think that if the news isn't shown here in the states then it isn't important news at all.

Dit is nou tipiese Amerikanse arogansie wat my sommer befok maak.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knowsstuff
so, you have actually seen these fuel tanks as fitted? people who are posting stuff on this sight are not necessarily telling the truth, do you take people at face value and believe everything peopl tell you? no wonder the americans are running round like headless chickens! i could tell you now that i know some blocke called jeff who went out to this place and retrofitted the airliner with air to air missiles! going on what ive seen from reeding the posts, you just believe what people tell you with no qualification or evidence

I hate to break this to you, but what I've discussed on this thread has been documented in the press both here and abroad.

i am an Aircraft engineer with knowlage of tanker aircraft, so i know a lot about this sort of stuff.

Wow! Just like you said, why should I take you seriously? You're probably a short order cook who dropped out of college and dreams of being an aircraft engineer. Most of the guys I know in Aviation maintenence don't spend much time online at chat sites. They have more pressing and interesting things to do. Not to say some don't. You get the idea. What if I told you I was in her majesty's secret service. Or a nuclear engineer. Would you believe that? What matters here is the information you bring to the table. So far, your information hasn't matched your declarations. But I'm waiting.

fitting out an airliner with fuel tanks is not unusual, many military Air to Air refueling tankers have cabin fuel cells.

If you had the background you would understand this analysis isn't useful at this point. The boeing was commercial and refitted to carry fuel tanks.

but i ask you why would they fit fuel tanks into something they were going to blow up, you would just fill the aircraft with containers of fuel. and if they were contaminated with toxic material, theres a good chance it would be burned up in the intense heat of the reulting kerosene fire. also to fit out fully an airliner of 727 size would likely be too much weight for the aircraft to lift off with, also means reinforcing the floor. a fully fuel laden aircraft, as shown on 9/11 will do enough damage without needing to be modified. very hard to fleece the engineers carrying out the conversion, not to mention the needless cost in money and time.

Go back and take a look at it from square one, so you have the full picture. And you have be just a little more creative in your thinking if you want to understand the nature of the beast.

surely some of the FACTS i have supplied you with will make you think twice about the hear-say you have taken on board as gospel truth without question?

No? didnt think so, you'll believe what you want to believe no matter what the facts!

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by Knowsstuff]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
(off topic - this thread reminded me) But, do you guys remember the 3 missing Iraqi ships, lost before the Iraq war?

I know we have talked about here - I'll try to find the threads.

Actually Bob88, it's not that off-topic. I remember that well. They just disappeared, I guess. Or they're still out there wandering the seven seas.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
OMG i can't believed a boeing has dissappeared on the face of the earth, been months now.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Eastcoast - I think I gave this link before. It gives an excellent history of the aircraft and the circumstances surronding this incident.

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"CRASHED PLANE HAD MYSTERY ORIGIN"

I found this link on WND,

www.khaleejtimes.com...

Beirut paper says plane was the one that crashed in Africa last week.

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by Phoenix]

Sorry guys I tried to get direct link working - no luck.

Go to khaleej times and click on Middle East, click on page 2 icon - story will be there .

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
of course you know every Aircraft engineer in the world, and none of them use computers very much! well i can assure you i am an Aircraft Maintenance technician, with the RAF, and my job is such thet i only work 8 hours of the day monday to friday, i have plenty time to do this sort of stuff. any proof you need that i am who i say i am, i will gladly furnish you with. you are not the authority on everything you think you are, and as such you can be wrong, and in this case you are. just because the press says so doesnt make it right either! after all this site is crawling with people who have nothing better to do that get excited about how the press are wrong or have been disinformed by the governmet.

i will also take your point about this being a commercial aircraft and having been turned into a flying fuel tank. ALL tankers in the world, are derived from COMMERCIAL aircraft, boeing 707 and 767, VC10. Airbus will build you anything from an A319 to an A330 and turn it into a tanker. all with millitary or civilian customers. look for a company called Omega Air. a COMMERCIAL company flying TANKERS.

i will urge you once again to dig down and try to find your one brain cell you use for reasoning and logic! Why would anyone go to the EXPENSE of fitting fuel tanks to cabin, finding technical personnel to fit them and waste all that time in the process, to make one flight, and crash it ito something!!! it makes no sense!! just load it up with drums of Avtur, or something else even more flammable and hot burning!!! your conclusions, from the so called facts you been given are you adding 2 and 2 together and coming up with 22!

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
just to clarify, incase you dont get my meaning eastcoast , im not saying the aircraft doesnt have tanks fitted because its not unusual for that to be the case. im saying, why does its dissapearance make you say TERRORIST! americans have gone mad over terrorism, everytime a cat farts, you dive for cover!

you seem convinced its been stolden to fulfill a terrorist act, i say if it has gone missing, it is more likey being used for something else, ie Drug traficking as has been mentioned in the articals you think i haven't read. extra long range would be more important to a criminal than a terrorist. Or whats more likely, it has crashed somewhere.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

just to clarify, incase you dont get my meaning eastcoast , im not saying the aircraft doesnt have tanks fitted because its not unusual for that to be the case. im saying, why does its dissapearance make you say TERRORIST! americans have gone mad over terrorism, everytime a cat farts, you dive for cover!

Cute statement but not reflective of the US citizenry as a whole... maybe the conspiracy-minded folks who gravitate toward this website, and maybe the folks at the homeland security agency, but certainly not all americans as you seem to elude.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

of course you know every Aircraft engineer in the world, and none of them use computers very much! well i can assure you i am an Aircraft Maintenance technician, with the RAF, and my job is such thet i only work 8 hours of the day monday to friday, i have plenty time to do this sort of stuff. any proof you need that i am who i say i am, i will gladly furnish you with. you are not the authority on everything you think you are, and as such you can be wrong, and in this case you are.

Gettin your panties in a bunch isn't gonna do much for your "argument." Besides, I'm not here to prove or disprove what your job is. And you should not assume to know what it is I do.

just because the press says so doesnt make it right either! after all this site is crawling with people who have nothing better to do that get excited about how the press are wrong or have been disinformed by the governmet.

Ah, Touche', my friend. I would caution you to stop putting so much stock in the mainstream media's word. Afterall, you must understand that your rhetoric has already been used up.

i will urge you once again to dig down and try to find your one brain cell you use for reasoning and logic!

Just like the Bushies. They say things that eerily and actually apply to themselves.

Why would anyone go to the EXPENSE of fitting fuel tanks to cabin, finding technical personnel to fit them and waste all that time in the process, to make one flight, and crash it ito something!!! it makes no sense!!

Broaden your thinking. Otherwise, you'll always be in back with rest of the pack.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the links, guys.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
im sorry, i do applogise to Intelgurl, i know you arent all like that, i know some very nice Americans, its just East coast who is spoiling it for you guys in here!! apparently he is the only one who can have an autoritative oppinion, cos he read something somewhere, yet people with years of experience in the Aviation sector, know nothing and our conclusions must be mocked and disregarded. and anything vaguely suspicious happening in the world is difinatly down to terrorist activity!

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

im sorry, i do applogise to Intelgurl, i know you arent all like that, i know some very nice Americans, its just East coast who is spoiling it for you guys in here!! apparently he is the only one who can have an autoritative oppinion, cos he read something somewhere, yet people with years of experience in the Aviation sector, know nothing and our conclusions must be mocked and disregarded. and anything vaguely suspicious happening in the world is difinatly down to terrorist activity!

You aren't the only one with Aviation experience and background, friend.

Sorry to hear you're only friendly with those who agree with you. Sad, but typical.

If you have information proving the information that I and others here have offered, we'd love to see it. So would Mr. Padilla's brother, I'm sure. (Padilla was never seen again after the boeing he was sent to fix/repo. took off from that runway.)

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
May have been said somewhere in this thread before but it is headline news on MSNBC tonight

U.S. investigates background of downed plane
Was jet that vanished in Angola same one that crashed off Benin?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Jo

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
May have been said somewhere in this thread before but it is headline news on MSNBC tonight

www.msnbc.msn.com...

If this report is anything to go by I would say that the 727 is definately still missing.

I'm taking another trip out to Johannesburg International Airport and then Lanseria Airport to have another look now that I know what to look for.

Keep searching guys & girls. This plane did not just go missing!!
It's out there somewhere.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I just looked at the newsreports on the crash, still no confirmation as to wether this is the aircraft that turned up missing. I hope that this is just a "Jetjacking" and not a future terror weapon, but then no one seems to know for sure.

Since this aircraft is already configured for tanker use I, for one, am concerned that this could be used as a terror weapon. I dont think we will ever really know what happened with this jet, unless it is used as a weapon.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Seems this is the man who took the plane and is now on the wanted list.

www.rewardsforjustice.net...

funny name coincidence though...same town too.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jo

Originally posted by NetStorm

www.msnbc.msn.com...

If this report is anything to go by I would say that the 727 is definately still missing.

I'm taking another trip out to Johannesburg International Airport and then Lanseria Airport to have another look now that I know what to look for.

Keep searching guys & girls. This plane did not just go missing!!
It's out there somewhere.

I totally agree with you, Jo. Keep us posted!

I don't believe the crashed plane was our boeing, unfortunately. And yet two more people (the owner and pilot) have not been seen since they left the hospital.

Here are some links (thanks to Valhall)

Questions Arise Over W. Africa Jet Crash

By NAFI DIOUF and ELLEN KNICKMEYER
Associated Press Writers

DAKAR, Senegal (AP) -- American authorities are investigating whether a Boeing 727 shattered in a deadly Christmas Day crash off West Africa was the same jet that vanished in Angola last year, setting off a worldwide search, a U.S. State Department spokesman said Friday.
customwire.ap.org... /A/AFRICA_MYSTERY_PLANE?SITE=TXDAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Accident Report:
aviation-safety.net...

Look at the U.S. government's paranoia with the aviation industry right now. Something's definitely up and I'm betting it has everything to do with the boeing.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the FBI link, Epluribusunum. It provides a description of Ben Padilla, the unlucky guy who was sent to repossess the boeing. He vanished with the aircraft and his brother thinks he's dead.

FBI DESCRIPTION:

On May 25, 2003, at approximately 6 p.m. local time, an airplane took off from DeFevereiro International Airport in Luanda, Angola, with neither clearance nor a flight plan, and has not been seen since. The plane is described as a 200 series advanced 727 jet with a tail number of N844AA, and a serial number of 20985. It is unpainted silver in color with a stripe of blue, white, and blue. The plane was formerly in the air fleet of a major airline, but all of the passenger seats have been removed. It is outfitted to carry diesel fuel.

Law enforcement officials believe that Ben Charles Padilla may have been on board the plane at the time it disappeared. The FBI is interested in locating Padilla, as he may have information as to the whereabouts of the plane.

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS CASE, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL FBI OFFICE OR THE NEAREST AMERICAN EMBASSY OR CONSULATE.
www.fbi.gov...

The Florida company that sent Padilla later said they did not send him. I wonder if the guy's simply being framed for a terror attack, or if they just shanked him after takeoff?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join