It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many government hacks does it take to sabotage a thread?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Is it possible that we have government hacks (GH) that are being paid by our lame, dumb-ass, greedy government to come here to ATS and purposely sabotage and de-rail high volume threads related to UFO/ET/Abductees?

The reason I ask is that all too often when a thread has become particularly informative with thought provoking material and informative exchanges, some dumb ass (GH) comes in and starts throwing XXXX on the wall with outrageous insulting remarks. These useless interjections often stall the thread while the authors attempt to defend themselves and argue with these idiots. Meanwhile the GH slinks off waiting to pounce again as soon as things get interesting.

These ATS detractor/debunkers are so serious in their endeavors, they must be getting paid! Is the US government the only organization perverted enough to hire somebody to debunk the accounts of private citizens or would some other organization be involved?

[edit on 4/19/2006 by highhorse313]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by highhorse313

Is it possible that we have government hacks (GH) that are being paid by our lame, dumb-ass, greedy government to come here to ATS and purposely sabotage and de-rail high volume threads related to UFO/ET/Abductees?

Is it possible that these are just the typical instances of jack-assery that happen on all usenet groups and web forums? Would that be less interesting than there being a conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yes, that's less interesting!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Some people are just dumb, and they think they are being funny, but just ignore them, so they will get the point that you don't care. Thats what I do.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yes, they are dumb, nobody is arguing that. True, they have no humor and are severely lacking in skills and talent for the job they are supposed to be doing. It's also true that it's "all about the money" for them. All this data goes to further reinforce my contention that they are GH. Ignoring them is not the answer. These creatures have to be confronted at every turn. They have to be driven out of their spider holes!

[edit on 4/19/2006 by highhorse313]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
How can we identify these "Government hacks"? Is it anyone with an opposing view to yours?

I noticed in another thread that you called someone a "government hack" and attacked their character because they had a theory that ufos are man made. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't give you the right to cast aspersions.

Everyone has the right to express their opinion on ATS, you should appreciate this as YOU have the right to present yours.

If you don't agree with someones opinion/theory kill it with facts, don't attack their character.

Blessings friends.......

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The real ones that are out to throw serious people off on these kinds of forums just watch and add in pieces of information every now and then from different accounts. I'm sure someone has already picked up on this method anyway. Others that insult seem mainly bored.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Kinglizard,

If you don't think insinuating that someone is insane because they say they have been abducted or witnessed a ufo is an attack on that individual's character, I don't know what you would call it. I guess you would have to follow all the threads to know what I'm talking about. In my opinion calling somebody a government hack is not necessarily an insult. I stand by my comments as they are open to interpretation.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You know this reminds me of when you hijacked my thread said I made you wanna puke, called me a GH then never even backed up why yu thought i was wrong.

You assume because some disagree with you and others that we are government hacks like seriously man take a chill pill.

This website is like the paranormal mythbusters many of us would like to beleive but there is not enough compelling evidence. So then we have to say well people say things and have absolutly nothing to back them up like David Icke for example and his Lizards.

I hope you to practice what you preech because remember it was you who attempted to hijack my thread, insulted me, etc.

link to thread second comment:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This should probably be in the disinfo forum.

Most of it probably is just jackasses. People are jackasses; what can we say? But when you have some uncanny patterns of showing up and using specific tactics to derail threads into chasing irrelevant points or deceptively presenting irrelevant information, etc. you may have a "GH," a spook, a paid disinfo agent. There are psych-op programs that could easily put them out there, and ATS is the biggest conspiracy site on the net. Put one and one together and what do you get?

Check this site out:

www.benfrank.net...

Whether or not someone is being paid by the government, using those tactics regularly is something that should be against ATS terms if it's not already. If someone's constantly and cleverly using those, while always staying cool and professional, and always being on the ball with certain key topics with the same, unchanging assertions of official lines, then I'd personally begin to suspect something. My two cents.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So 'out' some of these posters. Attempt to openly discredit them by following their posts and refuting what they have to say.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
NotClever, since there is no verifiable way to determine a true government hack from a fake government hack, what your suggesting will be and turn into nothing but a witch hunt. That is a no go and has never been acceptable within ATS and never will.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
the way i see it is the general public do not take it seriously and that probably includes the US government. In my opinion paying agents to monitor the activities or to interfere directly with this website would be a waste of resources better spent elseware. If they wanted to pwn this website im sure they could do it easily and cheaper then telling highly paid agents to watch ATS and be rude.

Chances are if they did have an agent they would tell you what you wanted to hear to find out what members here knew. Then the members who they figured had some type information classified or otherwise they don't want all over the place would be quickly apprehended and you would never know. They don't make it that easy to figure them out.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
If someone's breaking board T&Cs in a thread then U2U me or another Moderator. But having a conflicting opinon is most certainly not against T&C and does not mean someone works for the Government.
I believe in (seen several myself) and want to find evidence of UFOs, but let's face it - there isn't a lot of evidence out there that can't be explained. While it's irritating when likely explanations are given for things and I know all to well what it feels like to have something you think is a real smoking gun turn out to be something mundane, if you really want to find the truth you have to be prepared for the majority of evidence to turn out to be false or mistaken identity.
ATS is not a place for people to come to live a lie to make themselves feel better, which a lot of alternative boards seem to be, it's about finding facts and Denying Ignorance.
I've had people complain and wish me ill just because I've proved that their theory or anomaly has a reasonable explantion in the past, basically they don't want to hear anything unless it's encouragement, all they want is for others to mill around and they can all talk about how it's proof and massage each others egos and fantasies.
Well if it's not, it's not - ATS isn't about living a lie, if that's what people want then ATS is not for them.

But anyway, if you feel someone is behaving inappropiately let me or another Mod know and we'll deal with it as appropiate.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
though i havent used it yet myself isnt this what the ignore button is for. if you and others you are conversing with believe someone is hijacking a thread push the button. Simple fix!!

Cheers
M4S

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'd be more likely to believe their are government hacks on this forum starting threads about ET/UFO's/Abduction just too keep the fringe element right where they want them, in front of their computers where everything do and say is tracked, and busy with their heads scrambled full of disinfo that in the end results ina completely wasted human life that spent too much time fantasizing about anal probes instead of doing something about the problems their community.

Thats my "conspiracy theory" du jour.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I doubt the government even cares about us and our knowledge. You have to ask yourself, how long has this board been open, and so far what have we done with the knowledge? Protests? Dissemination on a massive scale? Writing senators and congressman?

Unless I am unaware, we haven't done much collectively except spread information to eachother.

In anything, about 2 out of 10 people are going to be somewhat of jerks. And concidering huge threads, this ratio seems to be right on with constructive/destructive remarks.

my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by highhorse313
In my opinion calling somebody a government hack is not necessarily an insult. I stand by my comments as they are open to interpretation.

It's good to know you don't think the word 'hack' is an insult, hoss, but in the world outside the four walls of your head, it's no compliment.

Anyway, to answer your question: the number of government hacks it takes to sabotage a thread is, obviously, forty-two. I need hardly remind you that the answer to everything is forty-two; every galactic savant knows that.

Trouble is, what with budget constraints and the demands of the War On Terrorism, the government can't possibly spare forty-two hacks per ATS thread, even if they time-share. They're doing the best they can, but they're losing ground -- and believe me, the pressure is starting to tell. That's the when the "ignoramous" jokes and offensively sceptical posts start to happen. It's pressure, just pressure.

Be more charitable. These fellers have a job to do, and families to feed just like the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I believe it. It definately seems as though they are being sent by someone or something based on their persistancy. And I definately trust the government less than that. I think what highhorse is trying to point out is the "people" (I use the term lightly) who come into a thread having read only the first post and start making random jokes, no even opposing view points, just cracking jokes. And not even good jokes. Then they repeat them a bunch or times. Now anytime anyone mentions aliens we get a bout a 50 % ratio of thread to illegal alien jokes. Peace.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
A message to all interested parties:

Definition of the noun "hack":

hack2 (hăk)
n.
A horse used for riding or driving; a hackney.
A worn-out horse for hire; a jade.

One who undertakes unpleasant or distasteful tasks for money or reward; a hireling.
A writer hired to produce routine or commercial writing.
A carriage or hackney for hire.
Informal.
A taxicab.
See hackie.

Now, how insulting is calling somebody a hack? Because I say somebody makes me want to puke, how insulting is that? What if I said they make me want to run? I am guilty of calling a group of un-named people "idiots" and I apologize for that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join