It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many government hacks does it take to sabotage a thread?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
NotClever, since there is no verifiable way to determine a true government hack from a fake government hack, what your suggesting will be and turn into nothing but a witch hunt. That is a no go and has never been acceptable within ATS and never will.
seekerof

You're absolutely right. That's the kind of polite smack down I highly respect. I posted that late in the evening after a night class and obviously wasn't thinking right. Thank you.

I retract that idea and apologize for suggesting it.

NotClever

[edit on 20-4-2006 by NotClever]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There is no need to "out" any ATS member - as if that could be achieved. I started this thread in reaction to several members who always show up and say something trite and unnecessary whenever someone tries to present a problem or situation that is obviously a sensitive subject and furthermore the topic of this forum. I am sick of their "bull in a China shop" attitudes, and I sounded off on it.

As long as I'm getting respect, I'll be glad to give it. There is a saying in the South regarding individuals who seem to be hell-bent on being obnoxious and pesky and unrelenting. We say "they must be getting paid for it", because only a fool would persist.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by highhorse313
We say "they must be getting paid for it", because only a fool would persist.

What is the difference between a GH and a fool? In respect to what they post: very little indeed.

Kudos to you for trying to outline the problem. But am I being cynical in thinking that you will have no joy in changing a single person here! Trolls, fools and GH's will be here forever.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
And to answer your original question, it generally takes only 2. 1 can be debated., But there is usually 1 guy using faulty loogic to debunk something (such as the "its not in set C therefore it does not exist" argument with another moron to back them up.
But I don't think they are government hacks. Just watching my wife's reaction to the UFO topic, I can tell they are just people with a bent towards over-applying Occam's razor.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
One would hope that government resources are properly managed and are targeted at real theats on the Internet.

mmm it is possible for a UFO buff to photograph a classified aircraft and post pictures of it on here believing it to be a UFO - this would cause concern to the owner of any black op project due to the global publicity of the Web...... if this became fact its seems resonable to assume counter measures to cover it up would be authorized.

From my understanding of the media, the USA, China and Taiwan do have a kind of Internet Special forces for cyber warfare and its a fair bet to suggest that this force could include properganda and dis-information.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by freeradical]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You wouldn't be referring to this post you made on a big thread(and which is against the rules for big thread posts) would you?

Hey kid,

Thanks for rendering your verdict on my speculative theories regarding UFO/ET in general. I'll tell you something about the human brain you may not be able to comprehend yet. The human brain does not fully mature until around the age of 30. Since you yourself label yourself a kid, demonstrate limited curiosity, and spout off with mucho false bravado, I contend that you are not old enough to make a mature decision about anything! Grow up and let's talk baby-cakes.

Talk about the kettle calling the........

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Cowboy,

What are you going on about? I can't follow your train of thought. Once thing is certain, if the thought originates with me, then I feel free to post about it.

What is that hanging out of your nose? Is it mucous or is the flesh rotting and falling off of the face of the cowboy?

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I would say, that if I was in the government sent to go into these kinds of boards, I would put out the truth. After all where better to hide things than in plain view? A friend of mine once stated that it would not surprise him if there was aliens that the government had. After all a majority of the films that deal with Alien life form or technology, the US government is paid as a consultant. And how better to get a point of view across to the general public without stating, yes we do have the aliens? Put it into a movie, and or on boards like this.
Just my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
highhorse313:

you asked how insulting calling someone a 'hack' is, and gave this deffinition:

A horse used for riding or driving; a hackney.
A worn-out horse for hire; a jade.

if calling someone a worn out horse for hire isn't insulting then I doubt we're speaking the same language...

welcome to my ignore list (Gods I Love That Button!!! Really cleans up the mess...)

The ignore button is the non mod way of BANNING people. It is THE single most Awesome feature of ATS, and I, for one, am soooo happy to have decided to start using it.

Gov'ment hacks, Civilian hacks, hacky sacks, whacky hacks, and high horse hacks, PRESTO, magically wiped away with One simple click of the button.

It's a floor wax AND it's a desert topping! Just one click of the mouse and the thread is Sparkling Clean! On top of that, there's no lingering aftertaste and it Feels Good.

You wanna attack the hacks? Do the non mod Banning and Ignore them...

just like this

(click)

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Obviously, no one among you has ever worked for "the gubbermint"; otherwise you'd know that government salaries are pathetic and barely compensate the worker bees. That's one reason postal employees get all crazied up and go on shooting sprees---it's monotonous, underpaid labor, and they finally just snap under the stress. I'm not with the government hacks nor global unionists nor corporate stooges who you all seem to think are pulling the strings, but I do know this: The real world is not a deep, dark mystery full of conspiracies and cover-ups and X-Files. Personally, I'm convinced that the government is and always has been just as shallow and clueless as it appears... They don't know jack about UFOs, Bigfoot, HAARP, crop circles, chem trails or anything else. They're not paid enough to care about such nonsense. It took the government nearly 20 years and untold millions of tax dollars to figure out that remote viewing was a con-job, if that tells you anything---heck, I knew it was a hoax in the first 20 minutes that I heard Ed Dames speak on the subject. What I'm saying is, the MIBs aren't peering at your passionate little UFO anecdotes and taking names, nor are they churning out troll posts to confound and perplex all of you accomplished conspiracy theorists... I mean, why go to the effort? In order to prepare the world for something better or worse, they have to eavesdrop on people's fantasies? I doubt it. It's not like you're organized or are a threat to national security. And nobody would undertake that sort of dismal labor on a government salary.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
How many government hacks does it take to sabotage a thread?

Just one - needs persistence and good timing.

Great title btw.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Government Hacks???
Dude just because some one rips you up and ridicule's your statement does not make them a government hack, It make them some one that finds what you are saying stupid.
I haven't yet, but if I were to make such statement about UFO abductions it is not due to my working for the government, but because I have to wonder why would ET come from light years away to kidnap and rape humans with probes up our bums? What exactly are they looking for?
So before you whine about what people say to you think about what you say to other people first. And maybe think how the whole I got kidnapped by an alien thing comes across to those of us whom have doubts that “They” have even been here.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
"There is a saying in the South regarding individuals who seem to be hell-bent on being obnoxious and pesky and unrelenting.
We say "they must be getting paid for it", because only a fool would persist." == highhorse313

I prefer the saying in the SouthWest as being far more to the point about human nature.
"There is a jack-azz at every trough."
As to the discussion here, I find Saint Michael's post above to be the closest to reality.

"How many government hacks does it take to sabotage a thread?

Just one - needs persistence and good timing." == soficrow

The government hacks don't do anything without a motive. What would
be a believable motive for comming here for sabotage, something which the average user
on here can do easily when they simply disagree ?

The far more difficult task would be the one that I think the government would be kinda interested in. Guiding a specific forum
where you WANT it to go. Now thats tough, but I could see where that would be of some use.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ph0b0s
The real ones that are out to throw serious people off on these kinds of forums just watch and add in pieces of information every now and then from different accounts. I'm sure someone has already picked up on this method anyway. Others that insult seem mainly bored.

We dont need no thought control..........darn perps.......

Seriously, I have no idea if the government is in ATS feeing disinfo to the threads. I have read some things that made me wonder if some folks were getting paid here to steer people off the issue.

There isnt a lot about abductees evidence here at ATS IMO. Implant evidence, surgical procedures, florecence technology, New Hypnosis procedures ect.ect.

Mabey Im just missing something here, or mabey not.

Tom

[edit on 21-4-2006 by tommyb98201]

[edit on 21-4-2006 by tommyb98201]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by highhorse313
Is it possible that we have government hacks (GH) that
... come here to ATS and purposely sabotage and de-rail ...

Possible ... yes. Probable .. no.

If anything they may get bored at lunch time and come online
to read and entertain themselves.

I highly doubt anyone of any significance in government has the
time or desire (or job) to come here to do anything.

Sorry.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Exactly man government agents would not waste their time online here just doesn't make sense.

If people are really that paranoid that agents are here i suggest taking a step back and using those brains to think and be rational since there seems to ba a lack of in some people.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I find Freeradical's post intriguing. What if an ATS member, perhaps one of you respondents incredibly got a video of a UFO and an alien which is obviously real with no question about it. What if you decided to have the "debut" of this incredible film right here on ATS. Would this site be shut down temporarily by the government?

Now be honest with yourself. If you immediately thought "yes", then you suspect that the GH do visit this site. Ha! You've got to love the implications of it all. Sorry, if you feel tricked. I was just playin.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
No i don't think ATS would be shut down. I think Sci-Fi would make a documentary of the film

But seriously though i think peoples paranoia just gets the best of them most of the time in regards to certain subjects.

Now what do i think GH's would post as in terms of threads is this one right here. Why because people who say things like the man is here watching you makes all of us look like tin foil hat wearers which is what i try to disassociate from. I suggest some of you do the same it is not only in your best interest but everyone elses as well.

I mean think about it if they make the ATS community look bad no one will take you seriously. Thus this forums looses all credability and will slowly die off as members become inactive or drop their accounts with ATS. I think taking a rational approach to certain subjects would minimize damage done by potential idiots and agents.

The more people talk about agents the more paranoid they get and there are a lot of paranoid people here I'm sure. It would be best for those paranolid people not to read threads like this because it starts chain reactions like others starting similar threads etc. Paranoia can spread like a Bird flu if hyped up enough by members here. Thus making the rest of us look bad and less credible when good info is posted.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This thread is starting to get a little repetitive, so here's a new idea to consider:

Government hacks are indeed haunting ATS, looking to do what harm they might.

Thing is, they're not US government hacks. They're agents of an unknown foreign power, bent on sowing dissent and anguish among Americans by manipulating the UFO abductee community in subtle, yet wickedly effective ways (most abductees, as we know, are American).

And they're succeeding. Want evidence? Just look at this thread. Have you ever seen so much confusion and paranoia?

The enemy is amongst us. And he is winning.

[edit on 21-4-2006 by Astyanax]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
More paranoia and wild rumors i say. their is no proof that any agent from any government comes here to post regularly.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join