It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Cruise---To eat the placenta or not eat the placenta?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I remember when our Golden Retriever launched 8 black pups (gotten with a neighborhood black lab back in 1976). I mid-wifed for her and watched her eat 3 or 4 of the placentas. She tried to eat another but then horked it back up.

Lemme tell ya, there's nothing pretty about that stuff going in or out. It's all nasty.

:w:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Cruise said on 20/20 last week it was a joke.

I like his spirit and brattiness.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
Traditionally the mother eats the placenta. It helps battle post-natal depression.

how so? cause thats the wierdest thing ive ever heard

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat

I like his spirit and brattiness.

You mean his body thetans and curiously acute sense of humor when it comes to cannibalistic proclivities?

And for all you "Tom-pologists" saying that it's just like meat: yeah, well, when was the last time you ate a pound of steak tartar, runny with the blood of your unborn child?

Some jokes just aren't funny. That makes them not jokes at all. "I was just kidding" is every third-grader's reply when caught voicing a really horrid thought.

That's Allstate, Stan.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I hope you retrieve your sense of humor someday.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Red wine or white wine...Hmmmmm......

Red wine would be proper in this case ...
Red wine for red meat.
White for fish and poultry.
I suppose rose might be alright.

GAWD ... this is just a sick joke .. right??

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
A sick joke brought on by none other than Tom himself.

After all the whacky things he does and says, why not beleive him???

Now he's saying it was a joke. Sure, Tom. I hope you got your nourishment for the year.

Baked or Fried?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

A sick joke brought on by none other than Tom himself.

After all the whacky things he does and says, why not beleive him???

Now he's saying it was a joke. Sure, Tom. I hope you got your nourishment for the year.

Baked or Fried?

I like Tom now, one of the few celebrities who doesn't give a rat's butt what people think.

edited typo due to my glasses are in the other room

[edit on 19-4-2006 by desert rat]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
you have failed me for the last time

i wouldve liked him a lot more if he wouldve ate it.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

On the Oprah show would be cool.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat

On the Oprah show would be cool.

I'd actually watch it for that, then I hope he'd share a lil placenta with her and the audience members I'm sure oprah could buy some placenta from the local hospitals to feed her loyal audience.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by Yossarian
Traditionally the mother eats the placenta. It helps battle post-natal depression.

how so? cause thats the wierdest thing ive ever heard

It is full of natural hormones produced by the mother in pregnancy and stored in the placenta. Delivery of a baby results in a depletion of these hormones - eating the placenta helps to raise hormonal levels. Also iron deficency aneamia is common after birth due to blood loss and pregnancy. The placenta is full of iron and so increases levels if eaten. This reduces the exhaustion due to potential iron deficency and thus, the risk of developing depression.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
CALLING ALL MEAT EATERS..........

HOW COME NO ONE HAS ANSWERED MY QUERY AS TO WHY IT IS MORE DISGUSTING TO EATING PLACENTA THAN THE CRAP PROCESSED MEAT SOME CALL FOOD??

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hell......it sounds disgusting....but pour enough A1 on it and it might be pretty good. One time I saw my neighbors dog have puppies and she ate the placenta and licked the filth off of the puppies, and I won't lie it almost made me chuck. But I would pay good money to watch Tom Cruise do it, they should hook it up on pay per view or work out a deal with Showtime.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyfly7
Does anyone agree with me??

I agree with you. People get so ingrained in cultural norms that it's hard to think outside them.

We eat cows without blinking an eye, but most people, when asked if they'd eat a dog or cat would say, "Ewwww! That's Grossss"! When there's really no difference. It's just a cultural taboo.

If people want to eat their placenta, I have NOT ONE problem with it. As long as they don't try to make me eat it. To each his own.

I don't happen to think Tom Cruise is any weirder than the next person. He just talks about personal things and expects that the average American will understand. That's his mistake, in my opinion. Expecting the average American to see him with compassion instead of such a critical eye.

I really dont care about his religion, but it's no worse than the millions of Christians who try to convince other people that their way is the right way. He feels passionate about it. What's so weird about that? Who cares who he worships or what machines he hooks himself up to? No me.

Oh, and I heard Katie wants to have the kid baptized Catholic and he's fighting it. Also he wants her to sign an agreement that if they split, he gets full custody. And they're not even married yet!

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I agree with you. People get so ingrained in cultural norms that it's hard to think outside them.

So true - I went to Kakjastan 10 years ago and to my horror - I was offered the brains of some mammal as a welcoming. however, I knew the importance and significance of the food being offered - so I accepted graciously and thankfully. Even though I was vegetarian and horrifed I knew to decline would be sooooo insulting to the culture of my host. It actually did not taste as bad as I would have previously perceived. When I came home my meat eating friends declared 'how could you?". Strange - there are probably lots mammal brains in their daily sausage, with a bit of ground down skull added in for good measure!!!

[Benevolent - as you can see I can mange the quoting system now, thanks,lol!!]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
DAD!!!

Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet!

www.smithappens.com...

R. Kelly: [singing] Well I was just standing here, and Tom Cruise locked himself in the closet. I asked myself why won't Tom Cruise just come out the closet? Nobody has no answers, and so I pull out my gun! Tell my why Tom Cruise in the closet or else I'm going to shoot someone!

Nicole Kidman: Tom? Tom, It's Nicole.
Tom Cruise: Uh, hi Nicole.
Nicole Kidman: Tom, don't you think this has gone on long enough? It's time for you to come out of the closet.
Tom Cruise: I'm not, I'm not in the closet.
Nicole Kidman: Yes you are, Tom. And you need to just end this and come out. I'm not gonna think any differently of you. Kaite's not gonna think any differently of you. You don't need to be in that closet anymore, Tom.
Tom Cruise: I'm not in here, though.
Nicole Kidman: Yes, you are.
Tom Cruise: I'm not, ...I'm not in the closet.
Nicole Kidman: Then how am I talking to you, Tom? [pause] Tom, you can't hide forever just because the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard doesn't like your acting. Come out of the closet, Tom. You're not fooling anyone.
Tom Cruise: I'm, I'm not, I'm not in here.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by Lysergic]

ah yes that was a great south park episode lol, and if he really is gonna eat it, then...........i cant belive im saying this but HE'LL MAKE MICHAEL JACKSON LOOK NORMAL! and that takes a long shot

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well, at least he didn't eat the whole baby:

[offensive pictures removed... please review the ATS Terms & Conditions]

Real deal, except for the guy with the plate (performance artist).

[edit on 4-19-2006 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
According to Snopes, that's NOT true. Where did you get those pictures?

Snopes

The man in the photo is Chinese artist Zhu Yu, who performed a conceptual piece called "Eating People" at a Shanghai arts festival in 2000. The controversial photo has since been part of a number of art exhibits. As for the "baby," it was most likely constructed by placing a doll's head on a duck's carcass.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I said the guy with the plate is a fake (the other pictures are unrelated, he's just a performance artist in Taiwan), but it is now customary to eat aborted female fetuses in China (you buy them in health food stores as the picture shows, yes it's crazy. Communism does that to nations though).

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Nakash]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join