It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems my theories are correct.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This thread is for all of those who boasted and kept boasting about the supposed next supepower called China. Read it and weep KNOWLEDGE and admit I was correct. I've been studying satellite pictures for years and all one has to do is record all data, speed it up 100 x and there you have it. Bottom line : China will not become the supposed superpower some of you daydream about.

BEIJING (Reuters) - A sand storm struck the Chinese capital on Monday, covering homes, streets and cars in brown dust and leaving the skies a murky yellow as it suffers its worst pollution in years ahead of the 2008 Summer Olympics.

Desertification of the country's west and Mongolian steppes has made the spring sand storms worse in recent years, reaching as far away as South Korea and Japan.

Cold, windy weather, a glut of construction sites and poor plant cover around Beijing have also contributed.

So far in 2006, Beijing has notched up days of the worst measure of pollution, more than last year's total and the highest in six years, state media said.

Only 53 "blue sky" days in Beijing had been recorded in 2006 by last Wednesday. The city sets a target of about 230 such clean days a year to help what it says will be a "Green Olympics".

Hospitals have also dealt with a sharp increase in patients with respiratory diseases, and on Monday local newspapers warned residents to wear masks outdoors.

"It took me quite a while to wipe off the sand on my car," said office clerk Chong Zi, who drove to work. "But there's no point in washing it -- who knows when the next storm will hit?"

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
And of course there are no replies for the supposed Great China and India supporters. They can build all of the ships and jets they want for all I care but who cares? Where are they going to go? The Sun never sets on America and we have the bases and ports to wipe out any jerk that has bought in to American TV. Americans don't care a thing about Irans stupid army of even Chinas. Chinas Military is not free by any means, you have to join. As for Iran high impact explosions can crack a foundation while not even touching the target. You watch. I'd take 1000 US RANGERS over any of those two foes. What nobody is NOT talking about is HUGO CHAVEZ who think's he is one heck of a powerful fella. He may in fact be hit first considering the rath he has unleashed year after year.

Lesson # 1 : Never mess with a country that can put you out of business.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
And still the clock ticks on the supposed BRAINIACS who called my nut! Those damn facts just keep destroying your fiction.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So.... you're bashing China based on the weather they're having? Am I getting this right?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
the previous post was right, weather will not hold China back. All they do is put on their little mask and proceed like normal, it's how I would hope Americans would respond as well.

Maybe you should be looking up what their military capabilities will be and stop concentrating on weather conditions so much. If I recall the weather sucks in the former Soviet Union and they were still a real threat to us.

Its about the drive(and size) of a people not the temperature outside.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So let me get this strait, the fact that China has had a few bad storms will totally negate the fact that,
A: Chinas GNP is quickly catching up to the USAs (mostly with American money.)

B: Chinas rather powerful conventional military forces that they continue to expand and update

C: Chinas nuclear arsenal

D: In international politics China is making friends, in the meantime The states not so much.

I don't think that a dust storm is going to have much impact on China in the long run.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Good try with the weather bits. I think we all know what the S.S. TITANIC China is up ( or should I say down too? ). Support it if you must, but it's not my BURDEN, it's yours. Demographics is far more serious than I suspect some of you daydreamers are willing to admit. Then there is TAIWAN. Big old China just can't think of a simple way to defeat a well prepared DRAGON can it? See you in in the funny pages!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well you sure can't argue with logic like that Cellerdweller.

Even though I really don't know what your theories are, your rhetoric has convinced me that you must be right.

You are right, we'll see you in the funny papers.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Okay so it's not the weather, it's the fact that China can not reassert control over Taiwan? I would have stuck with the weather.
Taiwan is under the protection of the U.S. If China did attack Taiwan, Japan would most likely step in as well. Yes, Japan is constitutionally bound not to send their troops into combat overseas, but lets see how long that will last with China launching attacks on their neighbors. Especially with the history between the two countries.
China is still building their military, and their navy is definitely still a work in progress. Navies are rather expensive to build. At present China would only be able to land a small force on Taiwan. It would most likely get slaughtered by the defenders with aid by the U.S. and Japanese air forces and navies.
Well China's military is considered 2nd over all the U.S. is still #1, Japan is 7th and Taiwan is 28th. But that only accounts for present day figures, but not how they will be given 20 years more growth by China. Remember the country makes its plans to be very long term and strategic.
With the China's current economic growth it could potentially conduct this war. Who looking at the figures in 1938 would have thought that the US would end up having, unquestionably, the most powerful military on the planet?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Cellerdweller,

We meet again, you just dnt get it. In the last discussion, which i must confess so was so naive that you had to prove a point and provide a great link. Guess what it takes you to a screen saver website. That picture could have been taken at any time. Doesnt prove your point on China burning midnight oil [Since it is tough for you to understand it means electricity on and workers working]

Great to see my name in the first post. I think you miss the discussion.

I admire your thoughts and it is good that you are not a head of any country. Bad weather stopping china's advancement!!! do you even read any post or just start off with you thoughts of the day and just jot them down........prove and get some back up to your statements. front line news Bad Weather affects China's advancement as an economy super power.

Oh forgot but you ll change sides as usual, so lets wait. I hope you still believe that China is growing as an economic super power.

About India, what can i say....did india manage to convience Bush with civil nuclear energy cooperation? In you own words "Google your way and you will get KNOWLEDGE on the topic....so how did india manage to get this through? Advent of these countries in the coming years is evident so lets wait and let time tell.......

Rgds
K23

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I hate to wonder, but are you 85 years old or something? How is it you cannot accept a simple satellite shot of earth which validates what I wrote? Did you really think I meant real oil was being burnt at night and one could see it from satellite nightshots of earth? Please explain how you think you have won a supposed debate with me when you don't even know the meaning of the word >>>> BURNING THE MIDNIGHT OIL?!!!! Who cares what satellite link your 56k can't hook-up too? The facts are there, yet you don't even bother to look. Are you unable to look-up NASA's own web SAT pictures to confirm what I wrote or do you also think I made up NASA too? Get in gear and move forward. It was >>>YOU

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I take it you don't spend much time watching wargames of Taiwans might. I do. America does have bases in Taiwan, but so what? From what I gather on this site is that China is supposed to be some great future superpower, right? This is alway's brought up with the " in 20 years they will be blah blah! ". As if America will just stop being a superpower because some Nostradummies on this site think so? HA! Taiwan can take care of itself and America knows this. Guess who else does>>>CHINA. Good luck with the great tactical power you think China has. Hitler had the biggest Army and Germany had the greatest minds of that time. Super weapons etc,. Hitler boasted that the only good things Americans could do is build refrigerators. Gee, I wonder where that 1000 year Reich went eh?
Don't forget, there are millions of>>>ME

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
CD
War games of Taiwan's might? Are you kidding? Evaluating a military by how they preform in war games is pretty flimsy dude. That like evaluating a general by how well he does at playing Risk. War games are designed to be a display of military might. Think half training and half look what we can do, if it isn't like this then how can you watch it on T.V. Just because it looks mighty does not mean that it is..

Yes in 20 years China's looking to be a super power. This in no way infers that the U.S. won't be anymore, only that China will.
Okay so Hitler was an idiot that got himself into a bigger fight then Germany could passably handle, launching a three front war against three major powers. Whats your point? If anything bringing that up harms your argument. China already has a large manufacturing base and it could easily expand should the need arise.
And BTW I'm not the one whom ranked Taiwanese military so low that would have been www.globalfirepower.com... so you can forward all question and comments to them.
Face it CD, China has a growing economy, a large population and a ruthless leadership. All you have to fight back with is the fact that it is expected to be a few more years before China catches up, Yeah I think that maybe you should hold off awhile before saying that your “theories are correct”.
And FYI if need be I would fight in NK, I just hope that it won't come to that

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cellerdweller
I hate to wonder, but are you 85 years old or something? How is it you cannot accept a simple satellite shot of earth which validates what I wrote? Did you really think I meant real oil was being burnt at night and one could see it from satellite nightshots of earth? Please explain how you think you have won a supposed debate with me when you don't even know the meaning of the word >>>> BURNING THE MIDNIGHT OIL?!!!! Who cares what satellite link your 56k can't hook-up too? The facts are there, yet you don't even bother to look. Are you unable to look-up NASA's own web SAT pictures to confirm what I wrote or do you also think I made up NASA too? Get in gear and move forward. It was >>>YOU

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
K23
Yeah I kinda got the vibe that this guys the swiftest boat in the car race, but I'm new here and to develop my skills in on-line forum debating, one should take on someone a little easier before debating someone with any skills. No offense CD.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Mxyztplk,

Nothing wrong in that....Must say, its a great website with some great discussion. Hope you have a nice time and talk with you sometime in the future.

Regards

K23

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Are you two done with the self-assuring? Knowledge( ? ) it is YOU who slams down links like a deck of cards around here, and it was also YOU who BOASTED that in 20 years overpopulated CHINA and INDIA will take over as some silly superpowers. You left out AMERICA or RUSSIA and so on because you could care less about reality. You go by numbers and there is your whole CHART. Even the selective MASS of links you provide validate that you think in terms of numbers. Too bad you can't give us all an exact date when CHINA will EMERGE with that superpower stuff eh? Perhaps if we in America chip in with more WAL-MARTS and such, your great china will one day save up enough cash ( thanks to AMERICAN INVESTMENTS ) to purchase a clear victory and you can march about your room singing the SUPERPOWER jive? Your links are a waste of time and offer nothing but slime. See you in the funny pages.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So Hitler would have won the war if it wasn't a 3 war front? 3 fronts? Have you even bothered to check up on how many fronts America was on? Hitler was an idiot and I can type that all day and night thank's to people like my dad, his pals and AMERICA. And CHINA can thank us too KNOWLEDGE. Wishful thinking will never bring back the supposed " great " Hitler, just as Knowledge will not get his little future daydream of CHINA. Does this upset you two? Knowing nobody cares about Hitler or China ruling the world? It's fun to make believe with you two. So be it.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
CD
Yes the U.S. was in a multi-front war as well, but the difference is that after the battle of the coral sea the U.S. was almost always on the offensive with the exeption of the battle of the bulge and some other minor counter attacks. In Europe the U.S., U.K. And Canada could strike anywhere at will and did so.
Over in the Pacific the U.S. had its choice of thousands of islands to land on. Japan had to defend them all.
Now that is done back to the topic at hand, will china be a superpower?
Lets first look at politics. Are the powers that be a totalitarian government? Yes do the people seem to care? Not really.
The military. The Chines military is 4,000,000 strong and improving its equipment daily.
The economy. China is making a lot of money and has a growing middle class. They are continuing to expand their manufacturing base constantly.
And now eduction. Many thousands of Chines students can be found in western collages and university's that fully intend on returning to China upon completion of their studies.

Barring some major catastrophic event China will be a superpower whether you like it or not.

Maybe you would like to put some evidence forward supporting your claims that it will not be?

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Mr Mxyztplk]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Your pal HITLER had 30,000,000 and what happened to that fiasco? As for GREAT BIG OLD CHINA with it's very boring 2000 year history of DOING NOTHING, who cares? You think I care if China has a JILLION weapons? Do you think the DOD does? The best way to defeat a MASSIVE army is to let it BECOME massive. They will need plenty of FOOD for all of those supposed great defenders of an idea called COMMUNISM. WAL-MARTISM shall soon sink your mega army. You think Americans are fools for selling CHINA ideas we could care less about? Do you really think America cares if you attack the whole globe?! I hope you do just so you can get a taste of what JAPAN got when they KO'd CHINA in round ONE! Talk about joke! Little JAPAN destroyed all of big old CHINA and it's 2000 year BORATHON in record time. SHEESH! Good luck with that NUMBERS RULE attitude you think leads to victories! Till then ( as KNOWLEDGE likes to boast ) see you in 20 years! ( YAWN ).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join