It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the world markets survive a US attack on Iran

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
just a quick thought, at the moment oil price is back up over $60. if Bush authorises an attack on Iran the price of oil wil rocket toward $80 per barrel, can the world financial markets deal with this, particularly as hurrican season is approaching the gulf of mexico?

Only a few days ago the USA reported falling stock piles of gasoline, prompting washington to buy British Brent crude oil, for use in plastics, freeing up more oil for fuel. Its a slippery slope we are on, and bush needs to consider this above all else.

[edit on 15-4-2006 by la2]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That is a good question, but as you know the only ones that will end paying for any fall out is the hard working Americans that depend on oil for everyday needs.

I wonder if the rest of the World will allow an oil fall out because US attacks on another oil producing country.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That is indeed a very good question, IMO the gas prices are so high now BECAUSE the planning is already underway...

I might have to start riding my freaking bike to work now lol, I don't know if i'll be able to afford the fuel in my fuel hungry car...

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
In fact the single biggest reason for Iran's recent cockyness has got to be because our economy won't do nicely. And I would say the only reason why Iran hasen't already changed tack or been wiped of the map is because we know the markets can't cope.
Oil is already way to high and its going to cause us serious problems. About half the U.S deficit built up since 2001 is from high oil prices.

Before Iraq we could have invaded Iran, in fact had we made up with Saddam i'm sure he would gladely to do it for us (just like last time the country was causing trouble in the region). Trouble is he is now on trial for crimes (mostly committed when we supported him).
With the insurgency frequently making Iraqi oil production less than it was under Saddam (in spite of U.N sanctions) there just isn't enough oil for manover.
I read somewhere there's a route betwen Iran and Saudia Arabia where 15 million barrels of oil are transported a day. The U.S only consumes about 20!!!. That's a good target for country facing regieme change.

Worse; a war with Iran would arm terrorist with better weapons, greater will and even greater numbers. Biological weapons would probably be used as Iran already has these. So Middle Eastern oil would be down for a long time to come.
In such a situation i bet Africa would be safer for the average oil investor.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The barrel would surely hit almost 250$ if US attack Iran. Iran would surely strikes his own oil platform and those in the middle-east and block the Ormutz detroit that will make oil skyrocket!

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Liberal--you are so right. It cracks me up when so many members think it's all about macho, and who has the biggest balls--the same one's who probably still, depend on mom and dad for gasoline.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Liberal--you are so right. It cracks me up when so many members think it's all about macho, and who has the biggest balls--the same one's who probably still, depend on mom and dad for gasoline.

new topics

top topics

join