It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids at Giza were there BEFORE the Egyptians got there.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Black Guard XIII,

Thanks. The cylinder seal of Enki standing in a doorway with a stairway inside, surrounded by water flowing in the rectangular door frame, you can see the similarites and get some idea why I believe it and the Osirieon are both depicting the Abzu as an underground construct. They look the same. In fact, since the akkadian Enmerkar (Nimrod) was trying to rebuild the E.ABZU (Tower of Babel/Etemenanki) and reopen the Abzu, it makes sense that he would rebuild it in Egypt instead, when he migrated there with his entourage following the Tower of Babel debacle. This would also, if I'm correct on this assumption, date the GP and the Osirieon to some time in the Akkadian period. The bible can be very useful as a dating tool, but alas, german higher criticism decided it and many other ancients texts were fairy tales, and so our modern day archaeologists stumble around half blinded by prejudice.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Addendum: The GP could still predate the Osirieon, but I firmly believe the Osirieon was modelled after the Eridu and/or Nibru "Abzu" chambers, which could place it after the mesopotamian flood. At the very least, its undecorated, massive columns, tend to harken back to an earlier time, when megalithic and monolithic constructs such as these, were plain, lacking texts or pictographs. The style of the Osirieon is very reminscent of the style of the GP temple, or so says those who see it. Maybe one of you egypt first guys could go check it out.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Damn those guys knew how to drink? Looky the size of that goblet! Thats twice as big as mine..

Wasn't meant to be a representation of a size but rather meant to say that it belonged to someone important. Anyone of no importance (and their possessions) were carved/drawn much smaller than the important people.

We've got lots of goblets from that era. They're about the size of modern coffee mugs (some are larger; ceremonial ones are much larger.)

A gate with a bull on one side and cow on the other side. Perhaps to depict this is where the "cows" are kept.

Has anyone tried the "look to see what else is on that panel (words) and look to see the translation?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Has anyone tried the "look to see what else is on that panel (words) and look to see the translation?

Byrd...you've been on ATS longer than I have. People don't translate things here, they look at the pretty pictures and see what they want to see. The only time they translate things is to move into fantasy land.

There's a lot of mystery in the World, there's so much left for us to learn and to find out. However, people seem to only see what they want and never what is really there.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Funny, isn't that the same room they describe in American-Indian/Native American Mythology. They mention the same room for Orsis and the sky god for the plain states, and even as far as the east coast. So it is possible, Aleins of some kind travel all over. Especially, if you look at the different mythologies. This was on another thread I posted, but it's more useful here:

Here's some of the mythology:

Sumerian Mythology

Their Texts

Aztrec myths-Wikipiedia

Aztec background

Aztec myth specifics

Inca Mythology

Inca Culture in Pictures

Mythology links for everything.

Egypt mythology-easy background

Egypt mythology and daily life

Egyptian Deities

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Odium,

I'm not a translator of egyptian hieroglyphics or sumerian cuneiform. Can anyone here translate it? If so, why not just tell us what it says? If no, I'll find someone else that can.

[edit on 30-9-2006 by undo]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I bought a book with Translation already in it. It should be at your local bookstore, same with all the books. So I doubt that will be a problem, plus I want to catch up more on this thread when I feel better and have time again.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII My view is that it is far more reasonable to surmise that advanced ancient people did it. The possibility of that seems far more plausible. Especially when you consider Homo Sapiens Sapiens has been around for at least a couple hundred thousand years.

Hmmm I wonder which ancient people built this one?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Damn those guys knew how to drink? Looky the size of that goblet! Thats twice as big as mine..

Wasn't meant to be a representation of a size but rather meant to say that it belonged to someone important. Anyone of no importance (and their possessions) were carved/drawn much smaller than the important people.

Being Medieval Royalty from time to time I knew that... and I believe the item is a milk strainer in reality... but it looks like a bg chalace with a wine amphora being poured

I like my version better... Not to sure they were big milk drinkers back then with no refridgeration in that hot desert. Here in Vegas milk left out sours in a couple hours from the heat...

So you are telling me that the Gods were not giants? It was only drawn that way? Hmmm could sworn the texts say giants... I could be wrong though

Anyway I will wait for answers on who built my pyramid.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I'm not a translator of egyptian hieroglyphics or sumerian cuneiform. Can anyone here translate it? If so, why not just tell us what it says? If no, I'll find someone else that can.

whats to translate ?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgonHmmm I wonder which ancient people built this one?

What is it? I can't see it. It looks like a blurry picture of some reddish stone and shadows.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

What is it? I can't see it. It looks like a blurry picture of some reddish stone and shadows.

Hmmm can't see the sloping sides and angular faces? Darn One day soon I need to look at these on someone elses computer.. its clear enough on mine

Its taken from a satelite so the res will be off a little.

I thought Dragons had good eyes

[edit on 30-9-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Is it in Cydonia? I just guessed, but I don't know what it is showing.
In my view the face, and nearby group of objects are worth inspecting. In the case of the face, it looks different in every pic I have seen, except the early, face ones... and it does sit right next to some angular pyramidal rocks? That is also something I wonder about.
It could all be just rock, and probably is.
But I would not count out life on Mars in past eons.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I do think there was a structure there a long, long, long time ago. But I just bet what's left of the foundation, is what may of made the face. It makes since. We can see foundations of ancient monuments from our statelites, so it makes since that for whatever reasons for making it or their religion there. That it could've been destroyed from wars, weather, decay, etc. over time and that some of the foundation is left, which explains why the plain is shaped strange, no matter the angle NASA has put the statelite.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

whats to translate ?

Byrd must know, he's the one that brought it up.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
thats what I'm saying
it was a picture
not a block of text
this isn't like the time someone was claiming that a picture showed aliens when across the middle of the picture was found the standard inscription
www.metmuseum.org...
which qite definitely doesn't mention aliens

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
lol the problem is, I never said a thing about it mentioning aliens. I said it was a pic about, what looked to be, a cow farm, with a bull on one side and a cow on the other. the fact the description for the piece says that it depicts milk production, is pretty obvious. then for some reason, byrd said, "Why didn't you read the text?" (paraphrasing). There's no text on the picture. But perhaps he knows something we dont? Like, maybe its part of a bigger piece. Idunno. Ask Byrd why he said that. Maybe he knows.

[edit on 1-10-2006 by undo]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
Is it in Cydonia? I just guessed, but I don't know what it is showing.
In my view the face, and nearby group of objects are worth inspecting.

Yes they are but not to stray of topic here... if you want to see what the face REALLY means look here
That "old" face is way out of date...and Nasa isn't hiding everything... the good stuff is just buried...
The True face on Mars

We can do Mars et all in another thread LOL but didn't you say you don't believe in ET's? Wouldn't life om Mars be ET's?

Here is another Sphinx though.. in the meantime...

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
as opposed to this next set of rules that list is very credible

1) god created the earth in seven days
2) god is ommipotent and invisible and lives in the sky somewhere
3) everything the bible says is true especially the heavily edited modern versions
4) all scientists are wrong
5) god loves you so much that if you make an error he will send you to hell to be agonizingly tortured for ever and ever
6) god sent his only son to die for our sins which we havent committed yet
7) the Nazis who murdered 6 million jews were evil
8 ) the catholics who murdered 500 million men women and children are good
9) any religion that worships any other god is completely wrong and they are all going to christian hell for it
10) Noah had an ark the size of two football fields which he managed to fit two fo every creature of earth into shortly after god decalred that he would kill every living thing on earth but remember god is omnipotent so it must be that we just don't understand how why or even when he did it

Now now .. you take me for a bible literalist, an evangelist, a bible thumping christianite! (christianite=christian knight?) This is most untrue, i'm far from a literalist or evangelist.

I consider myself Gnostic Judeo-Christian, sound like a bunch of religons slapped together? It is. I find the Gnostic texts from the first few centuries A.D. incredibly fascinating, painting a much more interesting picture. Of course Gnosticism = Hereticism, and we know how Christians like the Cathars were killed for this. I call it Judeo-Christian because in reality it is both. The old testament is a purely Jewish collection of holy books. I also say that because I share alot of belief with Judaism; that Yeshua(Jesus) was not the literal son of God, because that would require a heavenly sperm and some serious divine intervention, on the likes of which we have never seen for hundreds of years. Now I do think he was divinely sent, meaning God did have it in his perverbial 'computer program' that runs a loop command for reality. At a particular point in time certain prophets are manifested into flesh bodies, all of which could be pre-determined for certain points in time. Kinda like an if/then statement from basic, as if they are on triggers to be activated.

I don't think "God" can directly 'step in' and change things in life. I think of our existance as a computer program. The hardware the computer runs on is the Universe, while the software / operating system is comparable to the planet Earth. Physics and Chemistry are laws in place that automaticly govern, without the need for direct intervention by 'God'. Same goes for human nature, designed to fix its own problems or die, as all nature is. Sciences are the 'lines of code' in this computer program, the laws by which everything/everyone is forced to abide by to some degree. Subsequently, everything 'works out'.

The bible was written by men inspired by God, and thus even after the 1st time a book of the bible was written, the book is already inaccurate when it comes to being the literal word of God. As the centuries have come and gone, the bible has indeed been translated and changed around so many times that it is very hard to get the closest most accurate translation. God doesnt live in the sky, he lives in a place that is not physical, where Physics and Chemistry are ineffective, where time doesnt exist, try to compare it to the state your brain is in during a deep sleep. You will have vivid dreams that seem so real but arent when you wake up, thus none of it was physical and material. In my opinion, its not that God shuns you when you sin exceedingly, its just that sinning makes you the equivalent of dirty or smelly to an angel or God or whatever. It makes you feel like there is no God. Its as if a mental block gets put into place; I do not know if it is from the food we eat, the liquids we drink, or the sinning we do regularly.

[edit on 1-10-2006 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Just to finish my post i will add this.

The God of Christians and Jews and arguably Muslims, is all the same 1 God.

All 3 will deny this against each other vehemently. All 3 have "the true way" and if you dont take it you are damned. It goes beyond Christianity, its even more so the case in Islam and Judaism.

As for going to hell and all that, i dont think literal hell exists as described. As for forgiveness, you can kill a bunch of people in cold blood, and if you make a true conversion to a monotheistic religon while in jail, you too can be saved, even murderers can. Its all about if you truly convert and truly believe it to the point where its equally truthful in your mind as other things you hold to be facts or true. That is true faith, and yes it's blind. But people who are blind often have heightened sense of hearing, and hear the words of the Lord.

cheesy last line huh?

I actually read a compelling website or forum post somewhere that went into great length about the main diet of western society, which foods and drinks are used compared to what was the staple diet back in biblical times. What he found was that today's common foods are completely different than what was most commonly eaten in ancient times by the Israelites. The person who brought forth this theory contends that it is the spiritual block that comes into effect when this diet is consumed. Something about acid producing food being bad, and base ph stuff being good?

[edit on 1-10-2006 by runetang]

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join