It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google is censoring 9-11 data- dont use it for research

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Some alternate search engines:

www.alltheweb.com...

www.mamma.com...

www.gigablast.com...

www.icerocket.com...

I prefer alltheweb myself. Not because it is norwegian but because it is good. Try also their image search and the news search option. I don´t have any problems with google, but I´ve noticed there are some stuff google won´t find which other search engines do find.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

I believe the problem is in how your wording your Google search.
Here is the transcript to the Charlie Sheen interview--notice the key words I used:
Google

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Seekerof]

The topic title is absotivly true!
and thanks for the compliment...
to see the censorship situation: here is the links I get from PUNCHING YOUR LINK!
-----------------
CNN.com - Transcripts
KURTZ: In an interview with "Mother Jones" magazine two years ago, you said, ... is why is Charlie Sheen telling me about something, or Martin Sheen telling ...
www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0301/26/rs.00.html - 51k - Cached - Similar pages

CNN.com - Transcripts
Lindsay Lohan gives a revealing interview to "W" magazine; John Travolta ... We learned minutes ago Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards are getting a divorce. ...
transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0503/02/sbt.01.html - 84k - Cached - Similar pages

Ron Jeremy Interview Transcript (Dec '01) - Interview - Stumped ...
Ron Jeremy Interview Transcript (Dec '01). [Photo] ... Adam Rifkin had me shave the mustache for Without Charlie. (nods off) ...
centerstagechicago.com/stumped/Interviews/ron-jeremy-transcript.html - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

[Click for more information] Martin Sheen: A Who2 Profile
Topix.net keeps track of news stories about Sheen. Martin Sheen Shares World View Excerpted transcript from a 2002 interview by Charlie Rose ...
www.who2.com/martinsheen.html - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

Transcript: A new Sheen
Transcript: A new Sheen. November 2, 2003. Reporter: Chris Connolly ... CHARLIE SHEEN: Don't change that. Don't like watch this interview and go, ...
sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/sixtyminutes/stories/2003_11_02/story_1003.asp - 72k -

Also, Kruel is from St louis also, and he was censored... so is it possible that this is targeted to users, rather than areas of the country...

BTW: i have taken dozens of suggestions thru u2u on what i am doing wrong... and have heeded them (clearing cache, cookies, google settings, etc)... still the same problem... Others have confirmed this (Valhall to name one) so can we agree?
I Am Not Wrong-
Google IS!

[edit on 13-4-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I hate to tell you, but the censorship problem is bluntly your problem.
Evidently you have a setting or something within your computer causing your censorship problem?

Re-read the commentaries given within this topic and the vast majority of them will indicate that they are having no inherent problems of censorship when using Google. Again, your topic title is ambiguous and false.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I hate to tell you, but the censorship problem is bluntly your problem.
Evidently you have a setting or something within your computer causing your censorship problem?

Re-read the commentaries given within this topic and the vast majority of them will indicate that they are having no inherent problems of censorship when using Google. Again, your topic title is ambiguous and false.

again seekeroff... QUIT saying my title is false... you are wrong

did you see that Valhall had the same problem...
she lives in the same state...
it is state based or regional (or trunk line) based...
and Valhall and I are not the only ones (if YOU would bother to read it)

You will see that Google has already admitted that they GOT CAUGHT censoring the 9-11 interview
here is your link to that admital:
Google admits censorship- claims it fixed it now- NOT
So can we stop argueing about the reality of that?
If you do, then you are not denying ignorance

What this thread is for is a warning to not use Google (especially not as a link proof in threads, as others may not see the same results) and to document the spread of this censorship...
and find out if it is state by state, regional, trunkline, server based, or what...
So I guess your location works seekerof, so please help us here by telling us where it isn't censored

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
wait, why would they want to censore its...whats in it?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
For those that still dont beleive after posting the different searches using the same terms, and the obvious ignorning of those certain words...

here is the history of Google Censorship (i haven't even read th link, but know it fills some gaps)
Google censorship-how it is done
and this link, showing that Google always seems to bias searches towards conservative sites

Google goggles

and in regards to the question of why they would censor searches of Charlie Sheen...
Hummm, maybe he makes certain interests nervous with his stance on 9-11, since that is all I cant find... I can find out all about his various scandals though...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Seems like a search engine should do just that...search.
give me the info i asked for (of course this is more than likely not the case, they give you sponsored stuff, etc. first it would appear)

There is so much info out there, but you can search google all day and not find stuff. I cant even find my own website.

Gods peace

dalen

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Google's being censored now?! GRRRRRR! Isn't that what the government was trying to get them to do?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
. So far, Google censors are only confirmed in Missouri and Oklahoma. Why they pickin on us...?

I'm in Oklahoma and I got the uncensored version.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
L.T.L.,

Okay comrade, I did a googly search with your search terms (actually clicked the link in your first post) and got (what I'm assuming to be) uncensored results.

The first result in the list was ::

Charlie Sheen 9/11 Story Goes Viral
Charlie Sheen 9/11 Story Goes Viral Alex Jones appears on CNN, ... Cathy Beers of The National Ledger used the interview as a weapon to crudely target ...
www.prisonplanet.com/articles/march2006/240306goesviral.htm - 55k - Cached - Similar pages

This search was made from New Jersey.

As an aside, ALL search engines filter and censor stuff, that's just how they work. I'm not saying that is a Good thing or a Bad thing, it's just how they work.

Never liked googly much (use it a lot, just don't like it) because for Five Years they refused to accept the existence of torbtown.com (all the other search engines picked me up right away, but whenever I asked googly for my sight By Name, it would always respond; do you mean tombstone.com? *rolls eyes* the freeks)

Anyway, does that help? If ya want any other searches run from Jersey just say the word

hmmm...

duty calls
twj

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

so is it possible that this is targeted to users, rather than areas of the country

That's what I'm wondering, I live in North Carolina, apparently mine is uncensored as well but I have seen search results vary from person to person in some other items, for example a friend of mine and I conducted a little experiment a while back in regards to google results for squibs+wtc, shortly after 9-11 there were @70,000 hits, that dwindled rapidly down to @700 for a time, and now its back up to @19,000, during that time my friend and I had remarkably different hit results. It is quite possible that censorship could be user specific rather than reigonal, but I wouldn't know to go about proving that as I only really have regular access to one IP address. I do know they were censoring out voter fraud stories during the last debacle... er election and I had a similar thread that got sucked into BTS...
www.belowtopsecret.com...
User specific search results aren't all that difficult lest we forget the recent deluge of browser attached spyware, how to go about proving it I guess would be to start with samples of search result data from google users.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hmmm, you know it could be cookie-based/user-specific. The reasons for such a thing might not be conspiracy, but rather just the standard cookie-ad-spyware giving us results that they think we would want to see. ie. more click-through revenue.

Just a thought anyway. It wouldn't be the first time such tactics are employed, though it's something I would expect an online retailer to do, not a search engine.

I really don't want to delete the cookies on my work computer, but when I get home I'll try the same search and see what happens.

Edit: Oh yeah, and like Laz, I'm still getting the censored version.

[edit on 4/13/2006 by Kruel]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Kruel just barely beat me to the punch. Dump your cookies and temp files, then run the search and eliminate those files as possibly altering search results.

NC

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
A great website is www.goodsearch.com.... Everytime you search, you donate to a charity. Not sure if they censor as well, give it a try though.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well I'm home, and am now appearing to get the uncensored version. However, I'm still curious as to why direct links to prisonplanet won't show up... only pages referencing prisonplanet articles do.

It may very well be a DNS server issue. If a url is requested enough times, local DNS servers will cache the page (even dynamic ones like google). Old versions of Netscape(7 and below I believe) refresh pages differently than more recent versions of NS, IE, and Firefox. They actually request the page info from the origin server. I'll try that next time I'm at work and see if the results are any different. Note: if it is a DNS issue, deleting cookies & temporary internet files won't make a bit of difference. But I'd suggest trying it anyway if you don't mind losing all your pre-saved logins, passwords, etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Anyone in a 'restricted' region tried using a proxy? There are plenty of free ones out there and they should be good enough to use for searching google and stop those problems.

Might be worth a try for anyone having trouble.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It works fine for me. I'm getting direct links to prison planet. This is very odd. Maybe they are testing out a new censoring method? Hell, google does have the #1 result for the search term "failure" as the biography of George W. Bush. Very strange indeed.

Could it just be that google results are different in each area, based on the which websites have the most hits FROM that area?

It's possible that it may be some sort of spyware. I've seen spyware alter google searches before..

To be safe download Spybot Search & Destroy from www.safer-networking.org, update, immunize and do a full system scan.

Deleting cookies and whatnot from work won't hurt you at all. You may have to relogon to websites like ATS but that's about it.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Barcs]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
. So far, Google censors are only confirmed in Missouri and Oklahoma. Why they pickin on us...?

I'm in Oklahoma and I got the uncensored version.

Springer...

lets try to get a consensus here springer, I thought Valhall had the censored version yesterday? let me chck in a minute to see if they "fixed" it in our area...
If I still get it, then i dont... get it?

I am on a totally different connection and computer, so hopefully anything local to my machine wont affect it now...
be right back...

UPDATE: 10:49 central... Fixed
Now here is the result i get: (totally back to uncensored, with all links)
Actor Charlie Sheen Questions Official 9/11 StorySheen then questioned President Bush's actions on 9/11 and his location at the Booker ... Listen to the entire Charlie Sheen interview right now for free by ...
www.prisonplanet.com/articles/ march2006/200306charliesheen.htm - 59k - Cached - Similar pages

Charlie Sheen 9/11 Story Goes ViralThe Charlie Sheen 9/11 story is set to roll into Friday still at the height of its ... Cathy Beers of The National Ledger used the interview as a weapon to ...
www.prisonplanet.com/articles/ march2006/240306goesviral.htm - 55k - Cached - Similar pages

The Raw Story | Controversial Charlie Sheen 9/11 interview begins ...Controversial Charlie Sheen 9/11 interview begins to attract media attention. Ron Brynaert Published: Thursday March 23, 2006. Print This | Email This ...
www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Sheen_ interview_on_911_garners_media_0323.html - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

Controversial Charlie Sheen 9/11 interview begins to attract media ...We are concerned citizens challenging the official story of 9/11.
www.911citizenswatch.org/modules.php?op=modload& name=News&file=article&sid=841 - 46k - Cached - Similar pages

Disinformation :: Charlie Sheen's 9/11 Interview Attracts Media ...The gateway to the underground - news, politics, conspiracy and weirdness.
www.disinfo.com/site/displayarticle15644.html - 55k - Apr 12, 2006 - Cached - Similar pages

My faith in google is somewhat restored, as surely they are responding to the public pressure of unhappy stockholders combined with grumbling users...

and that my friends...is the best situation we can hope for in this great capitalist country.

In the interests of peace with the Big bro of searches... thanks and kudos for making the right choice Google... it goes far to restoring the faith of your users to see unbiased access to controversial info.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have been wondering if maybe it is an ISP service provider issue--ie: something being done by your service provider?

Not sure, but was wondering what you and twitchy thought about that theory, if applicable, for again, I am not certain on this.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
regarding earlier posters...adware/spyware comment: I doubt it is spyware related, although i can certainly see that as a possibility if i didn't have spyware security...

Server based censoring would be possible, but is that it? i dunno

we could compare notes, although i prefer that is thru u2u, as hackers delight in that kind of info...

twitchy... i can give you all the details if you can enlighten the situation. including a very strrrange experience with a possible auto download on the one uncensored blogsite that remained on censored google...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join