It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google is censoring 9-11 data- dont use it for research

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
On another thread, an unusual discovery was made.
Google is censoring data... and not for everyone.

If you use Google searches to support an arguement, Dont... not everyone will see the same search results.

here is the thread that will enlighten (Google censoring was discovered 1/2 way thru first page): media blackout?

For now, I am doing some research, and will attempt to get an official comment from Google...
But for Gods sake, stop using Google... dont support censors...

I will be posting info as i get it... and if you want to test your Google connection for censorship, then use this exact phrase and see what comes up
Charlie Sheen 911 interview prisonplanet CNN or push this link: google search with those terms
and see what you get...

The uncensored version will have direct links to prisonplanet and CNN Charlie Sheen interviews
the censored version looks like this, you will notice it doesn't have one link to the interview (from OK, and MO):

911 Skeptics Unite
Sander Hicks' recent interview with Mickey Z., about the 9/11 Truth Movement comes ... Alex Jones' PrisonPlanet released two new 9/11 truth related pieces. ...
911skeptics.blogspot.com/ - 343k - Cached - Similar pages

911 Skeptics Unite
(Ironically among the protesters, Martin Sheen, who plays the US President in the ... Alex Jones' PrisonPlanet released two new 9/11 truth related pieces. ...
911skeptics.blogspot.com/2004_11_01_911skeptics_archive.html - 221k - Cached - Similar pages

Ariadne's Labyrinth: August 2005
It was the first and only post-9/11 interview with Enemy Number One. ... And most, like Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen in "Red Dawn," are high school kids ...
ariadneslabyrinth.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_ariadneslabyrinth_archive.html - 295k - Cached - Similar pages

The Empire of Darkness Series #27: The New 9-11 That Backfired
"There's almost a solid sheen over the area right now. ... Watching CNN tonight, there was a telephone interview with a Nurse trapped in Charity Hospital in ...
www.earthrainbownetwork.com/Archives2005/EmpireDarkness27.htm - 241k - Cached - Similar pages

Consiracy of Silence video, Child sex ring that reached Bush Sr's ...
ILLUMINAZI-911 1097. Red World-Communist’s Control of The World By War 1098. Red Dawn-Movie 1984 Patrick Swayze & Charlie Sheen ...
www.indybay.org/news/2003/03/1579613.php - 144k - Cached - Similar pages

[edit on 13-4-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It is really interesting that the links that show up on the censored version still have 9-11 data, but not Charlie Sheens interview...

This is a testiment as to how much 9-11 conspiracy stuff there is on the net...
9-11 wasn't even a recognized term, so how come 9-11 sites come up...

it looks selective: also here is a previous thread regarding another issue of Google censorship: twitchys BTS Google censorship thread

It appears they have been serving a silent master for sometime...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm starting to believe that this is true about Google...

Yesterday I was trying to find out more about the Sarah Everson sextuplet scandle and there were two websites involved with gathering 'donations' that had been recently taken down. Google should have had a cache of at least one of those sites but it came up nill. I also got the feeling that Google was not returning a lot of results pertaining to those persons and their scandle.

I then dove on Yahoo (with low expectations) and didn't get anywhere with it either.

Maybe if I first search for "LCD flatscreens" and click on a bunch of their 'sponsored links" they might give me more of the results that I was looking for....

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I had no problem pulling up that search with good links...
try this:
yahoo search

if you dont see the top 5-10 links dealing with the sextuplet hoax, then you might very well have a censored version (i used Yahoo)...

We (benevelent Heretic, Kruel, Eaglewings,Valhall and others) have already proven that it is regional or even state wide censorship, but not universal...

Which leads to some really ragged searches, when some states allow certain search words, and others dont... So far, Google censors are only confirmed in Missouri and Oklahoma. Why they pickin on us...?

[edit on 13-4-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Im here in germany and all came up fine for me , all the sheen and prisonplanet links so this may be a us thingy , maybe we should post the countries we come from to check to what extent which countries are being blocked

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Do you guys have safe search enabled maybe? If so try taking that setting off. Mine keeps getting reset back to default setting of safe search on and I have to manually set it to off.

Pie

MMP

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Mine keeps getting reset back to default setting of safe search on and I have to manually set it to off.

If you don't clear your cookies the setting won't reset.

I tried with all the Safe Filtering settings and got a link to prisonplanet as the number one result.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thats odd that the censored version links to prisonplanet reviews of it, but then not the interview itself, almost as if (and i have no idea how these things work) they censored it for awhile, changed their minds, but messed up and still have the internview iteslf being blocked.

What is the link to the CNN interview itself?

Is it possible that thats not comming up because no one is linking to it and because all the focus is on the prisonplanet pages???

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Darn it, the secret is out, google the puppet.

I got a little suspicious of google some time ago. Not being a google user ever, i noticed others responses to certain questions on a forum i frequented. To cut a long story short my knowledge and experiences, and those of my tutor was challenged by many,many google cowboys.

When in the mid 1900's for the first time in the UK's history, an Order was changed by Foreigners. The sad thing is we never even noticed.
I would really like to break the story to everyone soon.
How best to proceed, i am not yet sure.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ok, now I am really confused. Lets see if I understand the situation.

Sheen is interviewd by Alex Jones, who makes an article out of it and places it on his prisonplanet pages. THis is that article:
Actor Charlie Sheen Questions Official 9/11 Story.

Despite prisonplanet normally getting high marks for relevant search terms on google, right after the interview its not working. If you searched for Charlie Sheen 9/11, you got this, (per jones):
prisonplanet.com...

And if you searched the exact title of the jones article, with the full title in quotes, you got this:
prisonplanet.com...

Whereas now you get lots of results, including the orignal article as the #1 result, and #2 is a prisonplanet article about the censorship itself.

SO now the censorship is shut off, and the interview can come up.

BUT, at the same time, because of ATS, people are seeing that, in different regions, you get different results from the exact same searches, to the point that, if you link your google search, which is common and which means you are using precisely the same terms, inputing the same information into google, you get, at least on this topic, very different results, indicating manipulation of the New Media with respect to information about a 911 cover-up.

Am I correct, is that the jist of it?

As an aside, if I search Charlie Sheen 9/11, which is one of the searches that prisnonplanet shows was censored in the above photos, it take 0.09 seconds to get results, results that include the conspiracy information.

Whereas, in the prisonplanet photo, wherein, again, the conspiracy information is censored (except for a boston herald article, which is an affialiate of google and wouldn't be subject presumably to normal censoring), it takes 0.29 seconds. This further supports that they had messed with the google programming, and that extra time was required to censor out all the other results (and again, the information was clearly out there, because the boston herald had had time to make an article about it)

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The exact phrase that Prisonplanet was told was "turned on" again... still isn't in my neck of the woods...

Nygdan searched that phrase, and got results...

here is what i got from the same deal: (only Sheen was underlined in the return Google search, they ignored the other terms)
Results 1 - 10 of about 11,200 for Charlie Sheen 9/11. (0.39 seconds)

Charlie Sheen Current Month TV Schedule
With Charlie Sheen, Larry Spinak, Philip McKeon and Ralph Seymour. ... Thu Feb 9 11:40A on Encore WAM! Sat Feb 11 09:30P on Encore WAM! ...
www.tv-now.com/stars/csheen.html - 35k - Cached - Similar pages

Search Results
No New Posts 9/11 ... kajz, Posted on: Sep 18 2004, 06:25 AM. Replies: 89 Views: 990, Charlie Sheen - Young Guns. Forum: Movies · Post Preview: #222 ...
forums.sbtinfo.com/forums/index.php?s=
8dad669c47c1bcc889dcdcc3d5ad1cdb&act
=Search&CODE=getalluser... - 66k - Cached - Similar pages

MOORE'S FAHRENHEIT 9/11
I have seen Fahrenheit 9/11. It certainly is a documentary. ... Charlie Sheen finally saves our planet in a whimpering anti-climax. ...
mysite.verizon.net/trcbmc/id50.html - 145k - Cached - Similar pages

News for Platoon (1986)
New York Imposes Restrictions on Stone's 9/11 Film ... Charlie Sheen's publicist is angrily denying reports that the actor cheated on his now-estranged wife ...
www.imdb.com/title/tt0091763/news - 37k - Cached - Similar pages
------------------------------------

so it is still out in Oklahoma, and i assume Missouri as well, perhaps a Kansan, or Arkansansian can try, and see if they get the same censored results... I suspect that it has to do with a regional trunk router, or server relay (i have no idea what those are)

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I got this

www.prisonplanet.com...

it says google censored it but reversed the call shortly afterwards

here is a link talking about it

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I got this

www.prisonplanet.com...

it says google censored it but reversed the call shortly afterwards
[edit on 13-4-2006 by Amuk]

did you get a link to the interview? or just to that censorship comment?

and That is the point of this, they say they admit it, and fixed it, but they haven't everywhere... and this is going on 24hrs since I reported it to them...(also after they said it was fixed)

I still get the censored version on Google... not one link to the interview
same words in yahoo, and that is ALL i see...all 9-11 interview links

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Google isnt going to tell me how to run my life, besides there are fine search engines out there like DogPile.com

Stop using Google and see how they like it.

Boycott Google Now.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Is this what you are looking for?

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Google isnt going to tell me how to run my life, besides there are fine search engines out there like DogPile.com

But dogpile uses google along with the other big engines doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Does it???

So what's safe to use, or are they all in cohoots?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Google gives us even more free goodies.

www.google.com...

A nice Diary, lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I live in St Louis Mo and I clicked on the goggle link and it worked for me...no censorship here ....yet..

The first link went right to prison planet and the page about charlie sheen interview with video.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
did you get a link to the interview? or just to that censorship comment?

I believe the problem is in how your wording your Google search.
Here is the transcript to the Charlie Sheen interview--notice the key words I used:
Google

If this is not what you are looking for, then refine your search by rephrasing or changing your key words.
In short, the issue is not necessarily Google doing any type censoring but the user not using the proper key words, IMHO.
Thus, making your topic title false and incorrect?

seekerof

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Seekerof]

<<   2  3 >>

join