It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look out folks, here comes World War III

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk... in.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/10/14/weu14.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/10/14/ixworld.html

This just shows how disgustingly Anti-American the Chinese are. This is shaping up to be the next world war. All we need is to soothe Russia into staying neutral.

[Edited on 14-10-2003 by goregrinder]

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
very interesting article, do you think China will make the first move??

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If they're that stupid, i think they would use NK as their puppet for starting the war.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sorry I must have completely missed the bit in the article where it demonstrates how disgustingly anti-american the chinese are. Would you mind pointing it out to me?

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The first move can only ever be a nuclear launch from subs or a suitcase nuke to take out the government. Presumabley at inaguration. When all three branchs of the government are all at the same place.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
well China could launch an attack from space, seeings they are planning for their own space station

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here's a question: With the rising threats from China and NK, do you think a preemptive strike on our part is necessary?

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
this new american policy of preemptive strikes against countries yet to commit crimes against us is what will start WWIII

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I don't think so,but if their is an preemptive strike i think America will strike first. They would do anything to fire a few bullets

link   
only if america is prepared to launch a massive first strike with no possibility of any counter attack

link   
So we should wait until we're being barraged by nukes? get a life.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So the Chinese are anti-american for becoming a super-power that is liked by the EU, correct? There was no anti-american rhetoric in that article, so that is the only reason I can see for such an opinion.

Now this might be the staging for WWIII, but all that article mentioned was the growth of China's economy with potential for other plans like nuclear research.

France and Germany have been pushing hardest for closer ties with China, hoping to cash in on a lucrative market but also to develop a strategic alliance as a counterweight to American power after the diplomatic trauma of the Iraq war.
This is about the only potentially inflammatory remark in the article, but yet this portion is spot-on accurate regarding real life events.

[Edited on 14-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   

So we should wait until we're being barraged by nukes? get a life.

I doubt China will launch a nuclear attack

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
At the moment, Russia, after converting to the Euro for all oil transactions, has clearly stated its position diametrically opposed to the US.

I hate to say it, but the Chinese would be the best bet for us at the moment in the event of a major conflict. Keep in mind, the US has made heavy inroads into the Chinese economy, and I dont think the Chinese are interested in screwing that up just yet.

Currently, the North Koreans are the major threat in Asia, and in the event that anything kicks off, it will be NK launching strikes on Japan, and China will likely stand to the side and watch, and when the US forces are tied up, will simply walk into Taiwan and reclaim it as a "renegade province".

Even though the Chinese are in the midst of a military buildup, they are still light years behind the US, and they know it.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
so you think america should wait untill missiles are falling on elementary schools and office buildings here in america before we do anything. the funny part is that if that were to happen people would still say we should not attack our enemys.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So i'm guessing you missed the first statement? A chinese advisor says the EU will take Americas and Japans place as super powers. Read through it again. If you're an American and can have this evidence in front of you and not feel threatened, you're out of it.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A preemptive nuclear strike still screws us in the end. Any launch of nukes automatically makes it a loose-loose situation. I certainly hope our politicians and president are better chess players than Kasprov was...

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Infinite, China wouldn't, but NK wouldn't think twice about nuking Japan or other American interests.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I couldn't see a country starting a nuclear attack coz it would drag the whole world into war.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
So i'm guessing you missed the first statement? A chinese advisor says the EU will take Americas and Japans place as super powers. Read through it again. If you're an American and can have this evidence in front of you and not feel threatened, you're out of it.
What? This? There was no mention of the word "advisor" used in the article either.

The European Union is the world's rising superpower, poised to overtake both America and Japan as the biggest trade and investment force in China, according to a strategic policy paper published by Beijing yesterday.
OVERTAKE was the word used. So friggin what? That doesn't mean anything. It mentions the EU as just being the biggest trade and investment force in China. Thats anti-american? Maybe I'm retarded, or maybe you are.

[Edited on 14-10-2003 by heelstone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join