It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look out folks, here comes World War III

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Infinite, China wouldn't, but NK wouldn't think twice about nuking Japan or other American interests.

im still not sure about NK, they do worry me abit, but i don't think they would use nukes

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think what they are getting at is that the EU will indeed challenge the US for world dominance. And they are right, it is already happening today. The Gulf War and the Euro/Dollar battle were the opening shots.

I personally dont fear that the Chinese will take any large active roll in this battle, unless for some reason they suddenly realign themselves with the Russians (and they have been adversaries for better than 40 years now). If nothing else, the Russians being on board with the EU gives the Chinese incentive to consider siding with the US.

Is there a threat? Yes, its the EU and Russia and OPEC. China at worst would simply stand to the side and wait for the dust to clear before wandering out to stake her claim in the ruins.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You have to look at it in perspective. As DR has said, look at the moves Russia and Company are making. Also, stop looking like a child with the name caling.

link   
i can't see why u think the article is ant-american??
its just pointing out that the EU will be the next super power thats all.

link   
There is a huge difference between a preemptive strike and waiting for an actual attack. No one is saying to let them get us.
The logic of preemptive strikes only works in a finite system. If you get the bully before he acts up, great. But in a system where there is always another bully worthy of a preemptive strike, you end up always being the aggressor. Then we become worthy of a Preemptive strike ourselves. If we are going to attack everyone that could be a threat, then it becomes logical for the rest of the world to see us as a threat. Hair triggers and twitchy fingers are a dangerous combo!

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Mabye in the future you would get russia joining the EU completely, then have china, USA, EU all fighting each other for dominance of the world. BUT! I dont think this will be a military battle, I believe it will be a financial war as that is where the REAL power is. Anyone who doubts this just look at USA right now, far richer than any country in the world, and obviously way out there as most powerfull.
I think the UK should join with EU as soon as possible and stop siding with the USA.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
UK will end up joinin, but i think we should independent

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
UK will end up joinin, but i think we should be independent

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Bell said the press had incorrectly indicated that the PDD "still allows" the United States to launch nuclear weapons upon receiving warning of an attack. Bell emphasized that "there is no change in this PDD with respect to U.S. policy on launch on warning and that policy is that we do not, not rely on it." In fact, Bell said "in this PDD we direct our military forces to continue to posture themselves in such a way as to not rely on launch on warning--to be able to absorb a nuclear strike and still have enough force surviving to constitute credible deterrence."

PDD 60 article - U.S. Strategic Nuclear Doctrine

Currently, we must be hit first, before considering a strike back.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I thought that america changed thier nuclear doctrine after the beginning of the so called "war of terror" coughs ***crap***

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If only all the greedy bastards pulled their irons from the fire,brought em home,and tried to remember how well the US worked in the past when it minded it's own business and took care of it's own,it would actually be a nice place to live again.
Maybe even something worth defending.
WE DON'T NEED ALL THAT MUCH!.
And those countries which are trying to outdo the US would really lose a lot if there was no longer this "gluttonous giant" The US to feed, all that luxury produced with their cheap labor would just sit in their warehouses rotting away.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   

France and Germany have been pushing hardest for closer ties with China, hoping to cash in on a lucrative market but also to develop a strategic alliance as a counterweight to American power after the diplomatic trauma of the Iraq war.

Last June, the French defence minister, Michele Alliot-Marie, proposed sharing sensitive military technology with Beijing. She called for a softening of the arms embargo imposed on the country after the Tiananmen Square massacre in 1989.

The Europeans (especially Germany and France) should really keep the above snippet in mind, the next time they try to throw stones at the US for ignoring human rights issues, etc. in their business dealings....

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
At the present time it would appear that the whole dam world is jockeying for positions, choosing their allies so it would appear that it's only a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Russia will never stay neutral.

Anyway, you dont think that an alliance between europe and china is possible ? Never !

Better watch out Israel, the WWIII will start from middle-east ! We know this still 90's.

Russia will enter the conflict because russian people hate muslims.

And anyway, even if china have a great army because of the population there, they dont have a really advanced technology and weapons. If they enter a conflict now, they risk to get quickly nuked by a country with a bigger firepower.

[Edited on 14-10-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

At the present time it would appear that the whole dam world is jockeying for positions, choosing their allies so it would appear that it's only a matter of time.

This sums it up rather nicely Curiousone...

Russia won't stay neutral...you're right Nans. But where you're wrong, is that they've already chosen sides...by their change in oil currency....

Both gunslingers have stepped into the street, the townfolk are shuttered away, and the tumbleweed just went by... All that's left, is for someone to say, "Draw!" and then it's on.....

[Edited on 14-10-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So i'm guessing you missed the first statement? A chinese advisor says the EU will take Americas and Japans place as super powers. Read through it again. If you're an American and can have this evidence in front of you and not feel threatened, you're out of it.

And this points to us getting nuked.....how?

Preemptive strike on China? Are you smoking crack?

This si what we get when we have trigger happy republicans in office, a #ing population that gets trigger happy.

We shall be niking NO one without justifiable cause. Just because China is admitting the rise of the EU as a credible threat to the US global dominion does not spell out, they are comming to nuke us.

There are less violent ways to kill our enemies, as Unbalanced stated......

Our gluttonous appetites for luxury can kill them without a single shot fired.

And as DR pointed out, Russia joining up with the EU superpower, well, there goes China. Russia and China havent been the best of hommies.

And thank you, Gazrok, many props to you, for beating me to it: So much for the Euro screams of ignoring basic human rights. Yes, well forget that little Tiennamen square deal, so we can get in your market......

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I really don't think there is much chance of their being used,too much environmental damage,the ones launching them know full well that they would have to live underground for a long time.
And just think what would happen to them when they re-emerged from their ant colonies and the ones who survived came across their sorry carcasses,and some will survive,there are always survivors.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
If they're that stupid, i think they would use NK as their puppet for starting the war.

most likely. im sure their "Revolutionary brothers" will be happy to comply.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
I really don't think there is much chance of their being used,too much environmental damage,the ones launching them know full well that they would have to live underground for a long time.
And just think what would happen to them when they re-emerged from their ant colonies and the ones who survived came across their sorry carcasses,and some will survive,there are always survivors.

China would use their nuclear weapons if the US didnt have any. the only reason they dont is because they would be totally destroyed by a massiave retalitory strike by the US and her allies.

and WWIII doesnt necessarly mean that nuclear weapons will be used, and it certinaly doesnt mean the end of the world. technically were fighting WWIII right now!

[Edited on 10-14-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
In my eyes the war between the worlds super powers is inevitable. I hope that russia stays out of this. But anyway super powers dont fall like Iraq or Afghanistan. They bring down all they can and they throw everything they have. If this war appens, than it is a foothold for NWO. But this is only the begining of a cycle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join