It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice tells diplomats to prepare for nuclear war

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Got this off Xinhua - it's tomorrow in Tehran and well - Is this it? The last best hope? Seems - well, unrobust and timid. Nukes - I curse the discovery.
news.xinhuanet.com...
What can the IAEA do? How will Iran react? Will it matter a lick to America?
Is it all over but the receipt and authentication of launch codes?

I suspect Iran will use the visit to throw a "curve ball". They'll probably have some proposal for him to take back to the UNSC, something that Russia and China will grasp onto as a sign of possible compromise, but will be unacceptable to the US. Just to keep the UNSC divided and the pressure off.

If they remain totally defiant on this visit then it won't be long before the bombs start falling.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Curio, I agree - curve ball or maybe a knuckle-ball... something hard to hit and difficult to field... fits the "diplomatic" pattern.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I'm surprised Mods have not deleted this until poster can actually prove his claim. This is something serious if its true and if its not it should be squashed immediately.

Just because he can't prove it, dosen't mean it should be censored.

Even if he is speculating, he has the right to post his speculation. If you're questioning him, then its up to you to disprove him.

The second this site begins to censor speculation, or info leaks, is the second that the government has begun controlling this site.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
In that case, should the topic be moved to SkunkWorks?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I wonder why the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists haven't moved the clock up yet? Its been stuck at seven 'til midnight for over three years now. Maybe nothing will happen.

www.thebulletin.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Noticed Fox and CNN not playing up the Iran situation as much...O'reilly isn't rattling his sword yet...I predict more coverage to follow on all the cable news networks...warming us all up for the inevitable...conflict...get's oil up to 70...gold at a 25 year high..maybe the commodities are the best predictor of future events..what do the gold traders know that we don't???

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
According to Journalist Seymour Hersh he has information from what he calls
a reliable source stating there are already US troops performing OPs in Iran

www.cnn.com...

Enjoy
Geo

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Locking thread.

Like Zedd said, the original poster is actually on a dialup connection from the San Francisco area. In case everyone has forgotten their geography, this is a considerable distance from Europe.

Thread closed.

I think a lot of the points are very worth discussing in their own threads. But not in this one. Let's start some new ones WITHOUT the false information that starts this one out. It leads to folks reading the first article and then responding hastily.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I thought this thread was locked? What gives, did Byrd forget to lock the thread?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It was locked, because the orignal poster was a liar and a fraud, BUT, there is interest in the story, and its clear that the OP is a fraud, so its re-opened for people to discuss.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I for one am glad to see this thread unlocked and I'm not so sure the Fraud charge of the OP is accurate. Plenty of fraudulent threads are allowed to continue ad nauseum that imo have little or no redeeming social value. At least this one has current events at its core.

And even if the op is bogus the story has merit given Dr. Rices' track record.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I found this to be an interesting, if - as someone else stated - dubious, read. I would like to clarify that while the Bloomberg.com article does specify a possible nuclear weapons capability within 16 days, it goes on to say that this is contingent upon Iran acquiring 50,000 centrifuges, and that it would take Iran 13 years to produce enough highly enriched uranium to produce a single nuclear weapon with its current centrifuge array. It concludes that, should Iran proceed with plans to purchase 3,000 centrifuges next year, it would take them 271 days to produce a single nuclear weapon. So, it appears that - unless a covert program truly does exist in parallel to the one we are aware of - we need not worry about a military strike, nuclear or otherwise, on an imminent basis.

However, if Iran does go ahead with its plan to acquire 3,000 centrifuges next year, it would potentially corroborate the Sunday Times Online article (link) indicating that an attack might be planned for 2007 or early 2008, when new deep earth penetrating weaponry, as well as modifications to Trident ballistic missiles allowing conventional warheads to be equipped, are ready for deployment.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by AceWombat04]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElTiante
You people are like children. I’d be interested to know your position on the existence of the tooth fairy.

Does this statement include me? I have not made any comment regarding this 'imminent' attack. And as for my position on the existance of the tooth fairy, well I have not had any contact from them for 27yrs, but my son swears they are real! Is that OK for you?

I wonder why you got 2 red tags by your name? Mmmm...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Self-fulfilling prophecies.....don't look to hard into the validity of the claim.....

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Cephas]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
It was locked, because the orignal poster was a liar and a fraud, BUT, there is interest in the story, and its clear that the OP is a fraud, so its re-opened for people to discuss.

I just have one question. How is it appropriate for you to discuss this member as you do when you scoulded someone else for just mentioning something about another member? Just curious.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by digitalassassin
Could Mehran from ATS be this man, Mehran Riazaty: a former Iran analyst for the Central Command of the Coalition Forces in Baghdad.

What the hell?

Listen, you will not investigate other members of ATS, gather or distribute information about them, and or try to attack them personally.

Cease and desist. Immediately. I don't want to make this like a threat, but people have been booted for this sort of thing. So stop.

This is what I mean Nygdan. Just curious.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Perhaps there was no choice in the hand she had, maybe she stacked the deck.

Now the world knows however, what "Condi and the Diplomats" (Sounds like a niffty Jazz group, don't it?), have really be up to. No longer does the world need be on the out side. They can join in too, be apart of the competition, as the sources below explain in detail.

"Little old ladies defect in electric cars and the dread SUPERGERM spreads devastation!"
Nuclear War

"Use your country's Special Power, secrets, top secrets, & propaganda to gain control of, or eliminate your enemy's population."
Nuclear Proliferation

There was no fancy description for the third one found. That I saw right away any how.

Nuclear Escalation & WMD: Weapons of Mass Destruction

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hmmm... I didn't realize this thread was re-opened.

I suggest everyone look at this thread as well:

Re: Rice tells diplomats thread

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Solve et Coagula looks to be the Source to me - posting times and details below:

Godlike - Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:45 PM - Posted by: Anon
Goldismoney - Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:57 PM - Posted by: Solve et Coagula
davidicke - Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:00 pm - Posted by: Solve et Coagula
letsroll911 - Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:00 pm - Posted by: mason-free party
Pravda - Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:59 PM - Posted by: Solve et Coagula
centurychina - Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:01 PM - Posted by: Solve et Coagula

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Read it at www.godlikeproductions.com.../13/06

[edit on 14-4-2006 by Kuffar Rex]

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join