It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the Holy Trinity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
God has given glimpses of Himself (and more to others) to us through history and personal lives which are fullfilled in the next. If we were to see God in all His glory or know all of Him in our mortal forms we would flat out die, we couldn't handle it. I don't know why God mad this so, its all part of His plan and I have Faith in it. i'll ask Him when I see Him.

[Edited on 10-15-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just a rewording of the earlier cop-out...

I'm constantly amazed that people revere such a being. Here's a guy who killed millions of innocents with a worldwide flood, just because he thought that humanity in general had gone sour (do you really think Noah's family were the only good people?). He also slaughters many innocent children in Egypt, just because they happened to be born Egyptians and not Jews! Were those babies of Egyptian mothers quilty of being slavers? I'd argue not... He commands his followers to rape the women of their enemies, and even to slash open their enemies' pregnant. He turns a woman into a pillar of salt just for looking back on her hometown. We won't even get into the threats of Armageddon... No, this is no entity worth my time worshipping....

I don't WANT to try and understand this beast....

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It makes no sense to me and Im catholic but an easy way to explain it is.

Look at a big screen TV or an Art Program.

You have 3 colors on your color pallet. That combination of 3 colors makes up every other color you see. Black is nothing. WHite is a combination of all three colors. If you look at each color seperately, you can see each one or any combination of magenta, Cyan and green.

The fact that this phenenomenom exist is a good clue that it is real but dont epect me to explain it in any sort of logic. It just exists.

Its like Saying God was never created, never dies, and has no depth. He just is.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The fact that this phenenomenom exist is a good clue that it is real but dont epect me to explain it in any sort of logic. It just exists.

Actually, your color analogy is an excellent exercise in logic...well put.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
When Jesus was baptised, who spoke "This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved".

Has anybody read Psalms and Isaiah accounts to eliminate the false concept of the Trinity? Jesus had a Father..... Jehovah.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Gaz,
That is your choice not to follow God and that is the beauty of free will. Good job Web, I have to use this, next time!

[Edited on 10-15-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I absolutly love the color analogy.

That really sums it all up.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Gaz, I am impressed. You present a solid point. It is even more impressive that you acknowledge when the opposing view submits good logic. We could all leard to listen better.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hey, I have no problem giving credit where credit is due... Though I have different views on religion, I enjoy discussing them, as they fascinate me (mostly due to a strong religious upbringing in my youth---Southern Baptist!
) It's a lot more fun to discuss it when those on the other side at least know their own books, and can illustrate their points well. Otherwise..it's no fun...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You don't shoot sitting ducks? A sportsman, too!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hehe...don't give me too much credit... I never said I didn't shoot them...just that it wasn't as much fun...

All too often, people try to base religious arguements on blind faith. It's better to discuss with those who've actually read their own book and know their own faith. (as many here do....)

[Edited on 15-10-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i think the holy trinity is symbolic of mind body and spirit
i can't decide whether god is mind or spirit tho cuz both god and the holy spirit both have parts of the mind and spirit as we know it, i say the son is the body because jesus was a physical embodyment of God

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
According to ancient Messianic tradition the Messiah is fourfold, not three fold. And the Holy Spirit is seven fold. God himself has a name of 72 letters of which only the first four letters remains with us today via the Bible, and the kamel supposedly has it's grin since he knows the 100th name of God. The idea of a multifaceted God isn't something new, the diversity of his blessings gives us the impression that he is more than us, more than himself in some way.

Jesus is salvation. Or to say it in psevdo Hebrew "Yeshuah" (Jesus) is "yeshu'wah" (salvation). Yeshuah is a shortened variant of Yehoshuah which means "YHWH is salvation". Jesus is YHWH, often falsely translated Adonai or the LORD or something even worse like Yehovah. Ba'al means Lord, not YHWH. YHWH means Salvation. YHWH means Jesus. God's name lives in him: YesHu'WaH. Jesus is the image of God, the Light, with which God created Adam after he had formed him in clay. He is the Word of God to Adam. The existance of Adam. In principle his exact likeness, they are genetically identical. The mind of YHWH is God and the mind of Adam is YHWH. Jesus is the link between Heaven and Earth between life and death. He chase the night away.

Noone have ever seen God, but YHWH who is in the bossom of the Father we have seen.

To me it's foolish to separate tha Father, his Salvation from his spirit. Their one eyed "allseeing" God of the Trinity� belongs in Egypt and Babylon, not in the minds of the followers of Truth.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

<< 1   >>

join