It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the Holy Trinity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Are God, Christ and the Holy Ghost three seperate and distinct beings, or are they the same being in three seperate roles?

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
God is one God in three persons (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost):

www.carm.org...

www.carm.org...

www.carm.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
why bother with separating yourself to the extent of three beings? can't he just be them all at once (aka one being) to get his # done?

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
According to Roman Catholicism, Christ was true God AND true man. He was human as well as divine.

why bother with separating yourself to the extent of three beings? can't he just be them all at once (aka one being) to get his # done?

Why bother separating our solar system into separate entities? Or are they really separate? Perception in space is dependent upon one's own position.

I have a difficult time understanding how 1 can equal 3. It is said that GOD = Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Then again, my understanding of this issue is limited to my own learning history. Perhaps there is more to learn.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have always thought of the three as separate beings that at particular 'intervals' walk in eachother's shoes so to speak. It is
to suggest that while in totality they are one but 'in time' they are
different. They trade roles to know one another perfectly and there can be no room for disagreement.

The old saying three sides to every story: Yours, mine and the truth, comes to mind. The Godhead knows your story, my story AND the truth. Anyone better at explaining this than me? Because I don't want to mess this up.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Why bother separating our solar system into separate entities? Or are they really separate? Perception in space is dependent upon one's own position.

ahh, questions that only the creator could answer... or maybe not. that all depends on whether "god" as we know it exists or not. but i'll save such stories for later

perception is a process developed through belief...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
i thought it was mind body and soul...
the three elements encompassing man/or a real man...

and the elements encompassing life that has consciousness...

all is one and one is all...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
They are the same being in three different roles...God is the Father...God is the Son ....God is the Holy Ghost they are One!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
yes tacer they are...
but are we not equal as men also...
yes tracer we are...
so men have their interpretations that differ...
hopefully those still alive and awake can learn what is and isnt necessary in reference to mind body soul progression but all souls have their methods....

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yes Bigsage...as men we are equals!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
men equally are entitled to a connection with the all that is or what some call god...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Yes I have to agree with you on that!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
1] mass
2] energy
3] observer

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
this is also an aspect i have not thought of...

is your favorite magazine scientific american?j/k...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
1] The stuff
2] the push
3] the historian

1] noun
2] verb
3] first person singular

1] m
2] E
3] c

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
those are all imiginary...
as some would say our existence...
you go dude...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   
MK,
Just think of the Blessed Trinity as a shamrock as St .Patrick did. All three leaves are connected to one stem. All three aspects of God have specific roles while all connected to the same stem. Better?

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The reason the "three" are considered one, is so Christianity can try and pass itself off as a monotheist religion, when it is nothing of the sort.

You've got God: a God
You've got Jesus: by sheer definition, a Demigod (half God/half Man)
You've got the Holy Ghost: divinity itself
Then you've got Satan: another God, though seen as less powerful, but who constantly wars with the God.
Don't even go there with the heirarchy of Heaven and Hell, angels, archangels, devils, etc.

All are present, as one or more of them mimic existing religions, and aid in conversion of followers. Just as many pagan rituals were integrated into the church...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Gaz,
As a Christian we believe it is a mono religion. Our human minds and faculties can't fathom the sheerness or complexity of the Blessed Trinity. We will when we come face to face with God. We try to explain it the best that our human minds can.

Satan is not a god and never will be, he is a fallen angel bent on the destruction of God's dear creations, us. You see Lucifer can't hurt God directly but he can indirectly through us.

[Edited on 10-15-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Our human minds and faculties can't fathom the sheerness or complexity of the Blessed Trinity.

Yes, and the Lord works in mysterious ways...yada, yada, yada....
I'm quite familiar with the common Christian cop-outs. It's quite convenient to say that our tiny little minds can't comprehend God. So, if this is true...then I put the question to you...

Why did God make us capable of contemplating his existence...without giving us the mental faculties to understand him? Is this the act of a perfect being?

<<   2 >>

join