It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born Again Christians actually Satanists!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The Bible can be confirmed? ....through a variety of means?

Please...someone tell me how the Bible can be confirmed as the words or "inspired words" of God. I really would like to know how this can be confirmed. Thank you!!

[edit on 13-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolman

Leviticus is a book of laws, for the priesthood and ritual practices.

And you came to that conclusion just by the title I take it? I'll show how foolish that is below.

Yet nearly everyone forgets leviticus is a book intended for the priesthood, not everyday living. If it were for daily living..

Yes, CLEARLY none of this is for everyday living or those outside the priesthood:

To sanctify the Name of YHWH and not to profane it--Leviticus 22:32

To love our neighbors as ourselves--Leviticus 19:18 [Yeshua/Jesus said this was the second greatest commandment only to loving YHWH with all our hearts]

To reprove wrongdoers--Leviticus 19:17

To honor those who teach and know Torah--Leviticus 19:32

Not to turn to idolatry and the making of idols--Leviticus 19:4

Not to engage in astrology--Leviticus 19:26

...the death penalty for wearing textiles made of two cloths, the death penalty for planting two crops together, the death penalty for touching the skin of dead pigs, the death penalty for myriad trasngerssions.

Either ignorance or dishonesty on display here. Someone who comes in contact with something unclean like a pig just had to ritually wash, etc.

the translation into English should read :

And with a male you shall not lay lyings of a woman

What does this mean..? it can be taken several ways. There is the now popular understanding ; Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination".

You know what it means O'forked tongued one, if it had meant there was an acceptable way to lay with a another man then Jewish tradition wouldn't be completely against it, and Paul would have been opposed by an entrenched faction of sodomites within the church.

[edit on 18-6-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Excitable_Boy,

I noticed your dislike of the gay-bashing. Does your being of the homosexual tendacy have anything to do with why you started this thread? If so, I'd like you to know that no Christian can call himself such when he hates the person of another passion.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I noticed your dislike of the gay-bashing. Does your being of the homosexual tendacy have anything to do with why you started this thread? If so, I'd like you to know that no Christian can call himself such when he hates the person of another passion.

LMAO. Just because gay bashing and all the hate many "religious" peoples seem to have towards gays pisses me off, does not mean I must be gay.

Homosexual tendancy? What is that? Someone is either gay or not....No one "tends" to be gay.

I started this thread because much of the behavior of many Christians appears to be more satanic than anything else...

What God wants is for everyone to love everyone....unconditionally. Not to hate those different than us. Not to feel the need to make them something else in order to love them. God wants us to love white people, black, yellow, red, etc....Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, etc.......straight people, gay people. cross dressers, transvestites, transexuals, etc......people with limbs missing, people with 6 fingers and toes on one hand or foot, etc.....people with disabilities both physical and/or mental.....EVERYONE!! We are all human....and God wants us to love all humans. He doesn't want us to only love those that are like ourselves or are willing to convert (or pretend to convert) into something like ourselves...

It's "Love thy neighbor as thyself"...not "Love thy neighbor if thy neighbor is like thyself otherwise try to convert thy neghbor or kill thy neighbor..."

It's not hard to figure it out. God created EVERYONE! God DID NOT create religion. God did not create hate. Man created religion and man created hate!! Unfortunately, the two seem to go hand in hand.....

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I do agree with your basic outlook and you are the right track toward finding out who **you are** as a soul. You do not have a soul - you *are* a soul.

Homosexual tendancy? What is that? Someone is either gay or not....No one "tends" to be gay.

The present day personality is not the spirit-soul-ego. The personality tends to at times, present itself as the "I am I". When we strip away this part we find out what we always were - "a God". We call this self-realization or "theosis".

No one is Gay. Shall I call you a carrot eater since your ate carrots more than me? Would I call you a heterosexual because you are attracted to the opposite sex? Would I call you a red-head if you had red hair? We are not defined by our colors, passions, names - for that belittles your true worth. We are a soul (a God) and that soul has chosen to wrap itself in certain shells. These elementals are the sum total of all our thoughts and emotions - good or bad. This makes up our present-day personality and with practice we can control our thoughts and emotions. Since we can control these thoughts and emotions than why suggest that we are merely our own thoughts and emotions? If one has the tendency to feel or act Gay, what is this really other than a passion? Heterosexuals also have passions and whether a man sticks his *chalice of life* into a hole in a wall, or a toilet bowl, or even into his wife, is this really LOVE?

We must first come to seperate LOVE from a passion. A man can love another man but that does necessarily mean sexual intercourse? God is love and what is not love, is NOT God - but an illusion. So the passions we have are not necessarily love and also not necessarily "evil" or a "crime", despite what the dogmatic religious claim.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
We are all human beings. That is all.

I think most Chrsitians take Jesus as their Messiah and say "I am saved" so that they can tell themselves they have been forgiven for all their evil in the past, present and any evil they feel like taking part in in the future!

So they can say, "Jesus is my Messiah...I have been Saved. He died on the cross so I can go out and kill, rape, steal, cheat, etc......."

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You make an excellent point. In fact not only do some Christians fall into this trap but so do many orthodox Jewish people and many other people of faith. The general support of the Christian world for Israel and the idea of waiting for a Messiah to come down to earth and solve all our problems reveal a mistaken attitude toward responsibility. Also the idea that all sins are forgiven through grace alone is often misunderstood, or rather taken out of context.

An example would be from my own experience. When someone makes a prayer really what occurs is a controlled thought-form being projected out of a man and sent to the deity or person who he envisions. It could be for strength, for protection, for healing etc. And it can be projected toward any Archangel or any God (as you see it). The controlled thought takes on a life of its own and can be seen by a clairvoyant as taking the form of your thought. Emotional thoughts tend to derive less power and have less effect but when we use clear rational thinking to project a prayer of love (for example) it can serve in many beneficial ways.

I was born with a weak liver (in this life) and this is a result of my abusive behavior in a past lifetime. Not that God punishes me daily or that I was not forgiven by God but I needed to still go through the lesson for my own purpose of growing. Could it be that if I did not go through this lesson I might be worse off? God always forgives since he is not of a petty emotional faculty to begin with and because he has never been separate from us – we at times choose to ignore him. Now if a man commits a crime - why should the other person who was victimized be expected to forgive the attacker? We are only asked to love the other person but forgiving the crime is not necessary.

Since the ideas of both “Karma” and “Reincarnation” are currently not accepted by many Christians today, they have a hard time accepting certain events and they at times attempt to classify it as God did "this" or "that" when in reality, we do everything to ourselves. Gravity is a law (there are different laws in the other dimensions) but if we were to abuse these laws we could get burned. This is not God's doing but of our own stupidity. Laws (not political laws) are there only to protect us from harm. A Christian that constantly breaks a law and then asks to be forgiven must also at times be expected to correct the imbalance through works or Karma and praying to help lessen the pain is good. Even our family members at times, take upon their shoulders the pain or karma of one of their loved one, even through the family members did not deserve the pain brought upon them.

When Christ died for our sins he wanted to show us the way back home. As Prodigal Son’s we are Gods, yet trapped under illusions. We chose this journey and have forgotten but we are asked to carry upon each of us, our own Cross and this means to do *work* also. God forgives us but we are not required to forgive all sins; we are only asked to LOVE, so I do agree with you very much that many have made a mistake.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Do you eat out of desire for the taste of food without being hungry? You're a
Satanist

Do you wear fancy clothing? more than is necessary, do you wear accessories? You're a Satanist

Do you ever feel like your worth less or more than others? Pride/Envy You're a Satanist

Do you hate Satan??? You're a Satanist

Everyone is a Satanist no matter how u look at it..

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

The Bible can be confirmed? ....through a variety of means?

Please...someone tell me how the Bible can be confirmed as the words or "inspired words" of God. I really would like to know how this can be confirmed. Thank you!!

Ivan Panin.

www.rangeguide.net...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Now the reader's attention is called to something very important. We wish to point out a certain number--a number which occurs in Scripture more times than any other. It is the number "seven."

This is the HUGE mystery from your source? This proves the bible is the words of God? Simple numeric coincidences?

Try again please....thank you!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Born Again Christians.....Satanists? Now THAT'S funny!

Having a bit of logic, I've concluded, right here in my office, that the blanket statement espoused in this topic thread is devoid of same.

A grand pearl of wisdom for the atheist, agnostic, and believer too....

The only thing you need to know about God is....You ain't HIM!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I am not a Christian. HOWEVER, I believe should you wish to discover God, in any of his or her forms, that is what the heart is for, and thus the mind that seems so curious. To quote human written word is no different to speaking poetry in a dark room - some will get it, some will not. A relationship with God should not be based on Ego, that is my belief (is that an egotistcal thing to say)? This much I know for a fact and am welcome to be questioned : those who are lost and are unsure of seeking answers, Christianity is a magical thing. Just think, one afternoon and all the answers are revealed. Only problem is, the answers are beyond words. Funny thing is, words are what are used to convince those who have not adopted a certain view. Should we be discussing the English language, therefore the bible is a discipline : this means that what is said cannot be changed. FULL STOP. This is what religion means. You cannot change what it says to fit to your lifestyle. Sorry. That choice was given to you the day you read the book. Debate is OVER. Either follow the word or start your own. These are the choices given to us. To discuss God is liken to discussing how one would react should their intestines be suddenly revealded to them... would you feel the warm entrails as a friend or a foreign entity? Considering this, imagine the gap that exists between your silly reasons for pleasure and the knowledge of your soul which shall only be pondered on a death bed...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

This is what religion means. You cannot change what it says to fit to your lifestyle. Sorry. That choice was given to you the day you read the book. Debate is OVER. Either follow the word or start your own.

The word? What is the word? The "word" or bible is a text written by men, not by God. So sorry if I don't buy your way of thinking. Never mind the fact that when the bible was put together a group of men even decided what would go into the bible and what would be left out. Who were they to decide this? Isn't that playing God?

Plus....the Old Testament is ridiculous and the New Testament was only written to back up the new Christian religion which was used to control the masses and create a new religion which was meant to conquer all others. Yes...I mean conquer as in either get everyone to convert or commit mass genocide against those who won't. It's called history....pretty nasty history Christianity has. Christianity took a good man, Jesus, and turned him into the Messiah for evil purposes. Thank God Jesus is not alive to see what has gone on since his death....he would be disgusted.

Either follow the word or start my own? I don't follow the word, I follow God. Religion = hate. The two go hand in hand and that is quite sad. Man created religion, not God. I follow God, not man. Especially not greedy, blood thirsty men that are only out for power and control of the masses and control of as much money as possible.....this is what God wants? HARDLY!!

Religion = Hate
Hate = Evil
Evil = Satan

Religion = Satan

Logic....an amazing thing!

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

How about this why: Why not accept all people no matter how different they are? Black, white, yellow, red, gay, straight, Christian, Atheist, Muslim, Catholic, Protestant....etc.......

So we just need to accept others actions and problems will end. So if someone has a shoplifting(stealing) problem who am I to tell them that is wrong. It could be the right thing to do for them. I don't own a store anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

So really, the guys who murdered their wives lately shouldn't really be condemned because I wasn't in their shoes and who knows there may have been a good reason they killed their wife.

Do you see where this logic takes us.

There are things that are wrong.

This judge not lest ye be judged is in the Bible, but it is not being applied in context.

If I sleep around, and then notice a neighbor of mine meeting a woman outside of his marriage for an affair, and I confront him and tell him why he shouldn't do that, I am not understanding what Jesus meant. If I think my sexual sin is OK but have a problem with someone else's, I'm stupid. I'm stupid because the same law from God that says his sex sin is wrong says mine is wrong, so I need to wake up and see that I am sinning first. I have no right to tell someone else to stop it if I'm doing the same thing. That's what that verse means.

Now if I'm faithful to my spouse and see someone else that I know saved or unsaved committing adultery(and I know it is wrong) it is OK to appropriately try to help that person and let them know it's wrong. Of course christians are to let others know what is right and wrong behavior.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2 Timothy 3:[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

1 Corinthians 6:[1] Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
[2] Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
[3] Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
[4] If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church

The passage about judging is not applied in the right context, and because it is, it is assumed that no discerning of right and wrong is to be applied. That is not what God says in the Bible.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

By the witness of a changed life.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

How about this why: Why not accept all people no matter how different they are? Black, white, yellow, red, gay, straight, Christian, Atheist, Muslim, Catholic, Protestant....etc.......

So we just need to accept others actions and problems will end. So if someone has a shoplifting(stealing) problem who am I to tell them that is wrong. It could be the right thing to do for them. I don't own a store anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

So really, the guys who murdered their wives lately shouldn't really be condemned because I wasn't in their shoes and who knows there may have been a good reason they killed their wife.

dbrandt...way to twist things around. I am talking about accepting all kinds of people...as in don't be prejudiced and you're talking about people that commit crimes. Two different issues friend.

And regarding your comment that a "changed life" is proof that the bible is truly the words or "inspired words" of God =
That is not proof. I can read the Tibetan Book of The Dead and have it change my life...doesn't mean it was written or inspired by God.....wow....pretty poor logic friend!

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I don't know whether they are satanists or not, but they do scare me. They seem to be like the Christian version of the Taliban and they also seem to be the most likely to use violence against their 'religious opponents' which is why I doubt highly that they are truly followers of Jesus.
Frankly I prefer to stay away from these people.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I don't know whether they are satanists or not, but they do scare me. They seem to be like the Christian version of the Taliban and they also seem to be the most likely to use violence against their 'religious opponents' which is why I doubt highly that they are truly followers of Jesus.
Frankly I prefer to stay away from these people.

If Jesus were alive, he'd want to stay away from them to. If they came knocking on his door, he'd pretend he wasn't home.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

If Jesus were alive, he'd want to stay away from them to. If they came knocking on his door, he'd pretend he wasn't home.

Careful what you say because every idle word will have to be accounted for someday.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Careful what you say because every idle word will have to be accounted for someday.

My words were not idle dbrandt...unlike your implied threat. If Jesus were alive, he would be disgusted with the lot of you!

God is loving....not threatening.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join