It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born Again Christians actually Satanists!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Number 4 seems to pretty much state that Satanists are kind to those deserving kindness in their mind, but unkind to those that don't deserve it. From the statements I've heard about homosexuals It seems like there are a few Satanists in this thread.

It is a greater kindness to warn a person who is on the path on destruction than not to. If we didn't care about sodomites then we'd be happy to let them go unwarned to damnation.

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Number 5 is also interesting. By expecting God to extract vengeance on those who deserve it, isn't that in effect, a Satanist tennent?

Satanism is feeling free to extract personal veneance on anyone regardless of the secular legality, or more importantly the Biblical morality and commandments. Expecting God to extract vengeance is no different than expecting the government to enforce its own laws.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
And I thought they were just ignorant and crazy. Silly me. In karen Armstrong's execllent book "The Battle for God: a history of fundamentism" she points out that our forebearers in Judaism, Christianity and Islam understood that if God's word was infinate, then by necessity it had an infinate number of meanings and that they relished the metaphors and alagories contined therein. To limit oneself to one view of things, especially things as subjective as spirituality and our approach to the infeffable, is in essence to limit one's mind and ones soul. Pathetic really but many people apparently need, or should I say are terrifed of ambuguity.

There are four basic levels to the text of the Bible: P'shat, Remez, Drash, and Sod. However, there are not an infinite number of meanings, because nothing is valid on the Remez, Drash, or Sod level if it contradicts the P'shat. For anyone to be ignorant of such a foundational part of Judaism/early Christianity, and then try to argue for some relativistic theology, is truely pathetic.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I agree. I was about to say the same thing, but it doesn't matter. Think about it- if somebody is doing something wrong what will they do:

A) Change their behaviour

B) Change the holy text?

Isn't it obvious?

When I first joined Christianity I had weeks worth of hot debates with the presiding Pastor of the church I frequented. One day after the usual arguing he goes and says to me "Look- there is no way out. Give up". That's the cold truth about scripture- it is logical, well composed, and sometimes disagrees with your personal feeling on the matter (though through carefull study it is appealing to the intellect). You have to deal with the subject free of emotion to dig out the truth. Did Job ever charge God when he lost his cattle and earthly belongings? Did Abraham curse God when he was ordered to sacrifice Isaac? No they didn't, because they started their reaction upon the basic premise of an infallible just God overseeing their actions.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Nakash]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It is a greater kindness to warn a person who is on the path on destruction than not to. If we didn't care about sodomites then we'd be happy to let them go unwarned to damnation.

Who allows you to play God? Isn't it God's job to decide if someone is on the path of destruction? What makes you feel you have the power or ability to decide for someone what is a good path and what is a bad one? Aren't you playing God? Aren't you being a false prophet? This is what I mean by Satanic behavior!!

Oh...and in what way do you care about sodomites? If you think they should be damned, how is this caring? In your world, what is the definition of care?

Satanism is feeling free to extract personal veneance on anyone regardless of the secular legality, or more importantly the Biblical morality and commandments. Expecting God to extract vengeance is no different than expecting the government to enforce its own laws.

So what you are saying is that God and Satan are the same? You mention the commandments...what about "Love thy neighbor".....that means love everyone (not just those that are the same as you)...EVERYONE!! Typical hypocritical satanic double-talk going on here!!

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Excitable_boy, stop being so excitable, damn listen to yourself man ... New Born Christians being satanic ... come on, get real, you're asking a lot of questions there buddy and you're not even aware of how Christianity works, only how you THINK it works on what you see. I don't know who you think you are to come ask such questions, an observer? person of truth? Please, meet Jesus first, accept him as your personal savior and you will see things much more clearly, instead of saying such absurd things...and not even realizing it. It's sad

P.S: Don't answer with MORE questions, like, "How do you know I'm not saved?or that at one point WAS saved? Why do you judge me?" blah blah

Why do I judge you? Because of the incredible mistake you are trying to influence. The Bible says judge not, correct? That means judging not other people's problems, yet sin is different. Judging a homosexual would be to say: "You're gay, why do you like men? You're a sinner." but what God commands us to do is to help solve their sins with this: "God says he can save you from all your sins and having sex with the same gender IS a sin, if YOU want him as your personal savior, accept him and sin no more."

You have to understand it before you start waving it around all over the place.

Homosexuality is a sin and it has been addressed in the Bible several times. I have a brother who is gay, he moved out of the house recently, does that mean that I hate him? NO, it means I hate what he does ... it's a REALLY - BIG - DIFFERENCE.

Get that through your head, please.

Farewell

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Zeta_101]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You have to deal with the subject free of emotion to dig out the truth. Did Job ever charge God when he lost his cattle and earthly belongings? Did Abraham curse God when he was ordered to sacrifice Isaac? No they didn't, because they started their reaction upon the basic premise of an infallible just God overseeing their actions.

My question here is this then: Did God ever speak to Paul of Nisbis and tell him to hate homosexuals? I'm not saying did Paul decide to hate homosexuals after reading the bible or having someone tell him that the bible says to hate homosexuals. I'm asking did God actually speak to Paul of Nisbis and tell him to hate homosexuals? Because you are talking about supposed situations where God told this one or that one to do this or that. What has God actually told any of you to do? Hate comes from Satan, not from God and certainly not from Jesus!!

Jesus, if he truly did die for everyone's sins, did it because he loves everyone. So why must you born again cult members hate everyone that is unlike you? This wasn't taught by Jesus....this is what Satan wants....and it appears he has won!

And how do you know what Job and Abraham's reactions were (if these events even happened)? Because the Bible says they reacted the way they did? What you should ask yourself is - Who actually wrote the bible and why? Do you truly believe every single word you read? No pun intended, but do you take every word of the bible as gospel? The bible was written by HUMAN BEINGS and therefore isn't a perfect text....and besides, you born gain cult statanists pervert every word in the bible anyway to suit your warped needs and desires.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I don't know who you think you are to come ask such questions, an observer? person of truth? Please, meet Jesus first, accept him as your personal savior and you will see things much more clearly, nstead of saying such absurd things...and not even realizing it. It's sad

You don't know who I am to ask questions? Isn't it my right to question whatever I want to question? An observer? An observer of what? I can't meet Jesus....he is dead. I will not accept him as my personal savior...sorry to disappoint you. I have a higher power who I choose to call God. I see things very clearly because I'm neither a member of a cult nor a satan worshipper!

What did I say that is absurd?...Please, enlighten me!! It's sad? Being a member of a cult is sad! Not having one's own mind is sad!

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
With your own mind? What has that accomplished? Has that given you faith, happiness, or understanding of where you're going after you die? Jesus is not dead, if you read the Bible, understood it, and believed in him ... you know that he resurrected after 3 days and rose up, never to be seen again, until his second coming. But yeah, you don't want to accept him as your personal savior? That's sad but ultimately your decision, what I'm disgusted is ... how you bring up something against new born christians, you kind of cross the line, kind of like an attack if you so say ... If you don't want Jesus, at least let other people find him, stop making christians seem like they're insane ... we're not, all we want is to spread the word of truth ... it's people like you who get into a defensive state when we try to preach it, but that's how you think, that's how most of the world thinks ... It's sad how you don't see all the things that happen "behind the curtains" ...

observer of what? Nothing, that's exactly my point.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
By the way, you don't need to be a member of a cult or a satanic worshipper, if you're not with God you are against him, so says the Bible.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta_101
By the way, you don't need to be a member of a cult or a satanic worshipper, if you're not with God you are against him, so says the Bible.

It seems to me that you are drawing a line in the sand. This side goes to heavan, that side deserves the vengeance of the all mighty.

Would there be a difference if I said
If you 're not with Satan you're against him, against him. For this you deserve his wrath. The only thing is, I can't think of one instance where satan gave anyone his wrath.

Either way you designate an opponant, justify his punishment, and feel good knowing that your guy had his way.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry but God says in his word that people decide who to choose and that there are only two sides, there is no "between", there is no "I have no God", because it's either having a God or having nothing, Satan is that nothing. God lets people decide who they can choose, whatever to their liking, but those who don't follow him will not enter his kingdom in heaven, it makes sense.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well, not really. A belief based on a book that has been hacked to pieces over the last 2000 years that decides for you who is a good person and who is a bad person. Who deserves eternal bliss or eternal suffering. That makes about as much sense as me going on a feline killing spree after reading the Cat in the Hat.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Pieces? His word has survived by various cultures because of the ancient scriptures ... translated for almost every country now, it teaches us how to live a good life and it doesn't say how to go about being a "good person" or a "bad person" ... It has nothing to do with good or bad but only if you are saved. You may have been a good person on earth, but if you're not saved, then what's the point?

Christians believe the Bible with all their heart, just like Muslims have the Koran, and Mormons the Torah ... the Bible teaches us many incredible things that still have an effect today after 2000 years.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
the problem with believing something with all your heart is it doesn't leave room for other options. It doesn't leave room for other peoples ideas. With no room for different ideas, all you have is opposition and conflict. It also leaves people thinking that people who don't follow your belief deserve to burn in hell for eternity.

I don't believe you deserve to burn for eternity, why do you think I should, other than that book

It seems like someone has gained control of the Christians brains, well who could it be ...........SATAN

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
How is that a problem? The only problem I see is that it's going against our belief ... God says that he is the only God ... just like Allah is the only God to Muslims ... (which in the end IS the same God)

There is only one God and that's why we obey him.

Other than the book? The Bible? It's what we're based on because God revealed to us his glory there, the story of Jesus Christ and how he died for us. So that if we repent, hell doesn't await for us, of course not. Hell is a place for people who didn't follow God, if you didn't follow him, that was your decision.

That's all I have to say.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

My question here is this then: Did God ever speak to Paul of Nisbis and tell him to hate homosexuals?

Well, I doubt he hates anybody here (like most Christians) BUT it does irk him and his fellow servants of Christ that people are attempting to change things within the Bible to suit their personal whims. These are absolutes, not an election. The Bible stance on homosexuality is quite compassionate if you ask me :

Matthew Chapter 11, 11-30

11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

12And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

13For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

14And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

15He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

16But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,

17And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.

18For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.

19The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

20Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:

21Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

22But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

23And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.

24But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

25At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

27All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Tyre and Sidon. Two cities known for immorality and homosexuality running rampant. Yet they would have faired better than the self-righteous hypocrites of Chorazin. The city is indeed cursed by the way:

www.churchisraelforum.com...

and it will suffer most in the last day.

Hate comes from Satan, not from God and certainly not from Jesus!!

I agree- hate the sin not the sinner. Christ want's us to strive towards self-discipline, to give the best out of ourselves. Maybe Christians are just frustrated, I certainly am. Nobody hates gays, but we do hate the human degeneration, the dehumanization that is becoming present in our society. This is in fact one of the marks of the reign of Antichrist (even Muslim scriptures acknowledge this).

Jesus, if he truly did die for everyone's sins, did it because he loves everyone.

Absolutely! This isn't a question on "who's going to hell and be punished" because nobody meets the required standard. It's a question of mantaining discipline within the church, especially purity of doctrine which is the only thing which keeps Christianity from being swept in the latest fads of the world we live in.

And how do you know what Job and Abraham's reactions were (if these events even happened)?

We don't, but our holy text is the best tool we have to understand them. Also what we know is consistent with many other sources.

What you should ask yourself is - Who actually wrote the bible and why?

The Bible can be confirmed through a variety of means. Fulfilled prophecy, accurate history corroborated by thinkers of later and contemporary eras, scientific knowledge unknown to the writers of the text, and so forth.

No pun intended, but do you take every word of the bible as gospel?

Fact is, every single little word in the Bible has meaning. Let's take the supposedly arbitrary genealogy of Christ (Matthew Chapter 1, verses 1-17, exactly)

Notice something strange? No? Well I do. Read this:

www.1john57.com...

To quote Tertullian-

I believe because it is impossible.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Nakash]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

With your own mind? What has that accomplished? Has that given you faith, happiness, or understanding of where you're going after you die?

Has it given me faith? Yes.
Happiness? Yes...serenity in fact.
Understanding of where I go after death? Yes, and acceptance of it.

What do you have...honestly? The words of others. The thoughts of others.

Jesus is not dead, if you read the Bible, understood it, and believed in him ... you know that he resurrected after 3 days and rose up, never to be seen again, until his second coming.

Christ was made into a savior by those that wanted to form a new religion and get as many people in the world as possible to follow it. Christ was a mortal man. A good man, but mortal. And if he saw the state of "Christianity" today, he would probably weep. The history of "Christians" since the death of Christ is, for the most part, unfavorable ( i.e. genocide against others that believe something else).

Christianity is a farce. You are right...there is only one God. Why did "Christians" decide they wanted another? Maybe Satan has the answer.....

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The Bible can be confirmed through a variety of means. Fulfilled prophecy, accurate history corroborated by thinkers of later and contemporary eras, scientific knowledge unknown to the writers of the text, and so forth.

The Bible can be confirmed? ....through a variety of means?

Prophecy? = someone guessed
History corroborated by thinkers of later and contemporary eras? = a whole group guessed

Scientific knowledge? What scientific knowledge?

The Bible can't be confirmed. Please...someone try.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta_101

Ummm...

It kinda sounds like Prez Bush is your god.
Seriously, though, don't you feel a little bad that people who don't agree with you are going to be barbecued forever? Maybe not for people who have done you wrong, but what about people who just plain disagree with you and haven't done a thing to you?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Leviticus is a book of laws, for the priesthood and ritual practices.

It is probably one of the most misunderstood books outside of Revelations.

leviticus 18:22
The Hebrew is :

V’et zachar lo tishkav mishk’vey eeshah toeyvah hee."

the translation into English should read :

And with a male you shall not lay lyings of a woman

What does this mean..? it can be taken several ways. There is the now popular understanding ; Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination".

As linguists begin to uncover more and more texts, and able to place contexts, there is the theory that it may refer to not having male-male sex in the bed of a Woman. Jewish descent is passed from Mother to Child, so a Womans bed may have been considered sacred.

In any case, everyone loves to quote this passage, and forget to continue read the death penalty for wearing textiles made of two cloths, the death penalty for planting two crops together, the death penalty for touching the skin of dead pigs, the death penalty for myriad trasngerssions.

Yet nearly everyone forgets leviticus is a book intended for the priesthood, not everyday living. If it were for daily living, the truly fundamentalist would have put each other to death long ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join