It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women got it easy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is a semi Rant/opinion. But guys, and gals, do you think in this day and age, Women have it easier now then men?

I'm watching this one girl at school, basically having five guys completely wrapped around her finger.

"Oh will you carry my books"

"Oh will you buy me something to drink?"

"Oh will you help me take this to my car"

etc

It got me thinking about what advantages women have in our culture.

They can flirt theyre way out of a ticket.

They can get someone else to buy whatever they want, with someone elses money.

They get every little thing done for them by some guy if they wish.

So in this day an age, do women have it easier then men?

It got me thinking, do women have it

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This brings up an interesting, an important question. What advantages of sexism do each sex enjoy - you've pointed out some of the one's some women enjoy.

Speaking from my perspective, I can say that certainly doesn't represent my life, so I suggest you be careful in how you say what you're trying to say. Do women have it easy? No. Do some? Yes.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Apparently you haven't been privy to a birth yet. Its not all peaches and cream

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well....

I certainly don't have any men trying to pay for my stuff, buy me presents, do my work or carry things for me. At the risk of severe embarrassment for pointing out what a complete loser I am, I will share that I have not been asked out since my divorce, 5 years ago.

On the other hand, the men I work with do less than I do for more money, get cheaper haircuts and pay half of what I do to dryclean a shirt.

I guess it's all relative.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Free drinks turns into free babies and cheap haircuts never made anyone's life easier. I think you need to look at things through a wee bit wider lens mister.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
That cheaper haircut might not make life easier on it's own.

But if I add up the savings in drycleaning and haircuts, coupled with the extra income I would earn being paid on par with my male co-workers? I think that extra money might help out.

Like I said, it's all relative.

Dae

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
This is a semi Rant/opinion. But guys, and gals, do you think in this day and age, Women have it easier now then men?

I'm watching this one girl at school, basically having five guys completely wrapped around her finger.

You talk about the single most largest group of people on the planet here... then you give an example of some girl in school to back up your claim. I understand that this is a rant but really now! lol Anyway is this girl pretty and rich or something? Does this sort of behaviour happen with "ugly" girls? You get my drift?

Anyway, that type of behaviour you are witnessing has been happening for a very long time, aint nothing new!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
WolfofWar:

I don't know what planet you're living on, but here on earth, in the US, your post is complete tripe.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Dude women do not have it easier. They never have. That girl you mentioned at your school is a minority; most women do not ask for or get that kindof spoiled treatment. I certainly don't act like that.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Not at all. Some women "have it easier" because they're dirty and selfish; they wrap people round their little finger and use them. Nice people have it the same (in our culture) as everybody else (male and female), we all have our ups and downs. We don't use people, we treat them as our equals, as does life - most of the time.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i'm glad i'm a guy.

2 words.

period blood.

here area few images to cleanse your mind I am sorry.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I can definitely relate to Wolf of War. Ever heard of the "white man's burden?"....yeah.... Reverse racism and sexism is always ok because we've oppressed them of so long. I don't buy that garbage. If you hear a black dude say something like "Black power", that's perfectly fine. He's standing up to the man, standing up for the little guy, proud of his race, etc. etc. White power anyone? Didn't think so.

And Duzey, where in the world do you work? (I mean that literally
) In the U.S (Unless I'm missing something), it is not legal to pay someone less money based on their gender alone. Either these people are in a higher/different position than you, have better qualifications or education, or your company is breaking the law.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm in Canada.

I don't know where you work, but in the private sector, your salary is usually determined through negotiation.

My co-worker has less responsibility and an education totally unrelated to our business. I have relevant education, twice the experience, and answer only to senior executives and the board.

The government already knows all about it.

Canada has a strong and productive economy, and women who live in Canada are relatively privileged compared with women in many other countries. Nonetheless, any close investigation into the economic status of women in Canada reveals shocking discrepancies between women's average income and that of men. By their mid-20s, young women receive markedly lower incomes than do men of the same age. This discrepancy grows as women gain work experience and knowledge and, during what are generally considered to be peak earning years, women's average incomes have always remained below 70 percent of average male peak incomes (Lahey 2001b:10, Fig.1). The gap between women and men's incomes is so large and so intractable that it is accurate to say that women and men literally inhabit two separate economies.

Status of Women Canada

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
In that article, are they comparing every woman in the country, putting it next to every man in the country, then determining who makes more? Or is it saying that for the same job, women make less? Of course men bring in more money, because in our society the majority of the time the man is the "bread winner". That's slowly changing, but for the meantime, it's true. Maybe you should ask your boss why the men make more money. Is it legal in Canada to pay someone more money based on gender?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The article says both. And yes, it is illegal. The hard part is proving it and then being labelled as a troublemaker.

I checked your profile, Herman, and it appears that you are still quite young. If nobody has pointed it out already, I will. Life is not fair and anyone who says otherwise is lying to you.

Or as Happy Bunny would say:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
So in this day an age, do women have it easier then men?

Yes some women can get slobbering idiots to do anything for them, and some guys are dumb enough to not realize they are being used. However this is nothing new.

Cleopatra and Eleanor of Aquitaine are two names that come to mind right off the bat.

EDIT:
Women have the lions share when it comes to crap and having to deal with it:
Bleeding,
Swelling,
Pregnancy,
Men,
Each other.
the list goes on.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by deadboi]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Who's fault is it? The stupid girls who use their sexuality to get what they want or the stupid men who put up with it?

There is nothing stopping you from becoming a 'mimbo' (male bimbo). I know one fellow who has done very well for himself by marrying rich.

It's called free will and these boys are exercising it. They have no one to blame but themselves for being used.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm not saying it is anyones fault, I'm just saying it's nothing new as the original poster seems to be implying.

P.S.: When I said "women have the lions share when it comes to crap and having to deal with it" I am saying I do not agree with the original poster that women have it easy.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Your post made me think of more things I wanted to ramble about. I meant the original poster too, and probably should have said something along those lines. You inspired me.

There is nothing stopping men from behaving like these women. Except for some self-respect, maybe.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Who's fault is it? The stupid girls who use their sexuality to get what they want or the stupid men who put up with it?

That's like saying we can blame women for being oppressed. Who's fault is it, the men who oppressed the women, or the women who allow it to happen? What advantage did men have the beginning that let them oppress women? I'm not saying I necessarily agree with that statement, but a parallel could be drawn. People are very quick to try and say that women have it the hardest, but they forget about burdens men carry. Unless you're joking, you can't list "men" as something that women have to "deal with."

Men and women both have to deal with a lot of crap. People generally gravitate to argue for the case of women because they've been oppressed for so long. It's the same reason it's easier to jump to the defense of any other "minotiry" (Women are really a majority.) It's easier to look like you're arguing for a "cause" than to look like you're being a sexist/racist.

Alas, I'll leave you with something funny I heard a comedian say on TV today. I can't remember his name, but it went something like "Marriage was obviously created by women. Men, you can't have sex with anyone else the rest of your life, and if it doesn't work out, she gets all your stuff."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join