It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: The New America of tomorrow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This is blasphemous speak!! I swear so much as talking about this is treason. A better idea would simply be to annex Mexico, and hell why not Canada as well. We would not have to be called United States of America, we could be called the North American Federation or something. It would make us the single largest entity on the planet. Plus it would make it alot easier to gaurd the border if Mexico were to be added to the union because the souther part of it is alot less land to gaurd.

To add Mexico as a state would be very good for investment opportunities. I mean there is alot of undeveloped land in that country. Most of its population lives in one friggin city!! Coastal paradises for tourism would spring up overnight.

Im against ceding any part of the union, I am for uniting the continent under one entity.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I am glad to see that absurd "War with Mexico" post was removed... the only ones talking such absurdity are the right wing blahblahblah-miesters like Micheal Savage and his ilk. It is pure speculation, just like this post and has no reflection in reality. War with Mexico indeed like that would solve the illegal immigration problem. Even militiarizing the border like the Berlin wall or the DMZ would stop it. People have been complaining about immigrants forever and it is always a cover for racism...As Chief Powhatan said when he saw the first english ships..."Well there goes the neighborhood".

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaryn
This is a joke, right?

Of course it's a joke...it's an op/ed piece by a British citizen about what should happen in America. (Please note that courtesy of the U.S. government and the British government citizens of both countries have now become quite comfortable in thinking they have a say in the internal workings of other countries. *
* )

By the way, if "Occupied Aztlan" goes Mexico you might as well draw it's northeastern border to encompass Oklahoma...we'll just tag along, and be the better for it. And with us, the Rockies, California, Texas, and the Gulf waters we'll claim, the rest of you yanks can count on $6/gallon gas...we'll have most of your oil and natural gas.

I'm in!

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Of course it's a joke...it's an op/ed piece by a British citizen about what should happen in America.

So its about my Nationality now?

So, due to me not being American, i am not allowed to comment on a American subject or even allowed to make a theory on an idea that was spoken about on American news stations? i am not the only person who presented this idea.

What about the numerous Americans who post threads about what should happen in the EU and the UK, do you think we should not comment on subjects that have no relation to our nationality, Valhall?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't recall any American citizens reccomending the European give up large sections encompassing over 30% of their nations physical size and just ceding it to whomever it belonged to before them. Really infinite your opinion gathers the assumption that the Southwest is a waste of land where illegal immigrants pick produce and use the money to send back home, all the while they not paying income taxes. I am sure the whole regions economy is supported purely by income taxes and that there is just so many non-payers it isnt worth keeping.

Because that is exactly what your opinion would imply. Not only do many of the illegal pay sales, property and even income taxes in many cases, their is alot of mining and agriculture in the area. They also produce alot of coal, the primary source of fossil fuel used in our electric generating plants.

Arizona Coal brings in 2 million dollars weekly to the surrounding communities
Oh yes let us not forget Nevada produces 64% of the US's gold and the state alone accounts for nine percent of world production.
I am sure that would help our economy really well.

You have a right to your opinion, but please could you make a little more sense next time and think rationally before you type?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

So its about my Nationality now?

So, due to me not being American, i am not allowed to comment on a American subject or even allowed to make a theory on an idea that was spoken about on American news stations? i am not the only person who presented this idea.

What about the numerous Americans who post threads about what should happen in the EU and the UK, do you think we should not comment on subjects that have no relation to our nationality, Valhall?

You seem touchy. Are you constipated?

I don't believe I said anything about you not having the right. In fact, I acknowledged it - and the ease with which we all now use that right. But don't expect me to put any value to your opinion on what we need to do over here...k? You should know that is not required.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Valhall, my misunderstanding. sorry

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's okay. Now, if you still feel like it, you can join me over in the "what they need to do with Jerusalem thread" where hypocricy is oozing from my pores. Of course I should decide! *

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This is blasphemous speak!! I swear so much as talking about this is treason. A better idea would simply be to annex Mexico, and hell why not Canada as well. We would not have to be called United States of America, we could be called the North American Federation or something.

this has got to be the worst opinion of what to do in this situation.wanna know why?cause doing this is the next step towards globalisation.believe you me, thats the last thing we need or should want.i think everyone should turn the flames down and let it go.nothing is going to come of this, at least nothing that i've seen imagined. and besides, this country is home to one of the most notorious racial supremacy groups, the K.K.K. let them handle it. they seem to think theyre better than all the other races too. so let all the haters or supremacists destroy eachother, and forget about it.oh and btw,keep in mind that all the hate doesn't necessarily apply to EVERY mexican.i work with a fella who's 1/2 chicano, and this topic hasn't even come up in any conversation we've had since this crap started.hell he even invited me over for some beer and poker this weekend!!just let the haters hate and it'll eventually swallow them whole all by itself. peace be unto you all.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

cause doing this is the next step towards globalisation.believe you me, thats the last thing we need or should want

So, what your saying is that by making America, Mexico and Canda one big country, that it's the first step to creating a one world government?

I think that's a good thing, I personally advocate a single world government, one that's more free than the US has ever been.

Anyways, apart from the person you quoted, saying that talking about giving up land should be treason, I agree with him, the U.S, Canada and Mexico should become one big country.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Just to pipe in:
If your system is built so that you do not make the most out of something that'll happen, it's not the immigrants fault but the Governments. Furthermore many illegal immigrants do not live in poverty, it's the lazy American's who won't do the jobs the illegal immigrants will do. Like it or not, they're keeping your Nation floating.

Umm, I would like to "just pipe in" here, as well.
Odium, your reference to "lazy American's" is far from the truth and outrageous, among other things coming from one such as yourself.

Allow me to ask you a few questions:
The UK's unemployment rate is what, Odium?
Compare that with the US's current unemployment rate.

The people in the UK work on average how many hours a week, Odium?
Compare that with the average hours put in by a US worker.

Now in respect to just those two questions, who, exactly, is "lazy" here?

Moreover, an illegal alien implies exactly what it infers: illegal.
The US government just did not let 12-20 million Mexican illegal alliens into the US. Apparently you believe that the US should give amnesty to all those illegal aliens, huh? And once that is done, I suppose next you will be advocating that people who commit illegal crimes should be given amnesty in the US, as well?

The sheer numbers of illegal aliens makes this a humane situation, for you just cannot deport 12-20 million illegal aliens back to Mexico. Other than that, sanctioning an amnesty program is setting a screwed up precedence, which undoubtedly escapes you, since apprently you condone the illegal actions done by those who enter a country unlawfully.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm confused, giving mexico back its land "WHY" it will do nothing but cause "chaos" for this simple reason: The people of the United States no longer conform to everything they are told, personally most of us do what we want, when we want and we really dont pay the law or goverment much attention. Ooops am I speeding? Dont get caught with a joint! Its all so stupid, Imagine telling all Californians and Texans ok now, we are giving this land back to the Mexicans......So, now you have to move and by the way your property and homes have now become the property of Mexico so as the United States we dont owe you anything and your not entitled to do anything about this........ha, ha, ha, ha Go ahead give it a try but I predict bloodshed on the Mexican side because I dont know any real Americans who are just gonna sit back and watch this take place but thats just my opinion.......

Justmytype

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
infinite, I didn't know you were in the UK, and Valhall has got a sharp tongue, so to speak, and it's good to see you respond because now I can see you are serious.

No way can this ever happen. You think property owners in SD and LA are going to convert to the peso? The idea is ludicrous. We have naval bases all up the coast, and under no circumstances except disaster in the US, will they ever be in anyone's hands but the US. I'm not promoting militarization, I'm just stating reality.

Now, if there is a secret plan to weaken the US through subterfuge and destruction, then allow Mexico to become mightier, well, all bets are off. I will say, however, that if that's true, then there will certainly be the majority of US leaders who knew about the plan. Politicans, I mean. The military would not allow it.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Now, if there is a secret plan to weaken the US through subterfuge and destruction, then allow Mexico to become mightier, well, all bets are off. I will say, however, that if that's true, then there will certainly be the majority of US leaders who knew about the plan. Politicans, I mean. The military would not allow it.

This OP/ED was based on a conspiracy theory in the United States, which has been going on for a few years, about a Mexican take over on Southern Western States and even America (depending on which theory). The theory was about Mexico letting illegal immigration across the border to break the economy of the United States of America. It also presented the "Mexican Colony" theory, that illegal immigration (which could be more than 12 million) has turned certain areas of America into "Colonies". California is apparently on course to become the first Hispanic State, according to a politican in the area. After all of those theories, i brought together a theory on how America could deal with it, which some brought up the theory of succession.

Yes, i know succession is a subject that can boarder on treason in the States, and the idea of this OP/ED was not to cause offence to American members (especially those who live in those states), it was basically summing up a theory on how it could be countered.

Does that make you all feel better now? i wasn't trying to pick a subject that was doing to upset everyone

[edit on 7-4-2006 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Seekerof, here from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census places the average working hours at 40.46 hours in the United State's. The maximum working hours in the U.K. is 48 - although the 37hr agreement brought this down over 50% of the working population do 5.5hrs overtime. So the average is roughly the same. [See here]

However, I say the same thing about people in the U.K. the majority of the unemployed population [long term], do so because they feel the jobs are "below them". I worked in a factory for two months back when I was 16 and everyone else their but one other person was from Poland. The company advertises in Poland, brings them over, puts them up in housing and sends them back because no Citizen wants the jobs. It's a sad state of affairs but that is the way it is. Immigrants will do the jobs nobody else wants and if nobody did those jobs those companies would go bust.

Britain's unemployment rate is 4.7% [BBC News: Wednesday, 16 November 2005] and the United State's is 4.8% according to this website. They both are as good as the same - however this wasn't the point I was making.

The point I was making is about people who refuse to be employed in certain sectors of work. If nobody does the job of a cleaner, cook,lower-skilled factory worker the system doesn't work and it is only immigrants that tend to want these jobs. If the population of these countries were given jobs and made to do them, that 5% of the unemployed would be reduced to nothing. The problem is they won't do it. [I wasn't saying American's are lazy, but rather Lazy American's. AS in those who are lazy.]

Edit:

Yes, I condone their actions. I'm sorry Seekerof, but people have always moved around and travelled to Nation's who prosper to seek employment. You know this. A healthy strong Nation, will have people wanting to move to it so that they can have a better life for themselves and in Nation's filled with economic, social and drug problems to many people escaping is the best option. If it is, is highly unlikely but people take care of themselves. Criminalizing someone because they want a better life, is laughable. If they were taking jobs from American's, I could see the issue but they're not. Until someone can come up with a better option, trying to round up 12-14million people, process them through the courts and deporting them isn't going to be possible. Creating a system where these people can gain employment in the U.S. while living in Mexico and are able to travel in between is the best bet.

[edit on 7/4/2006 by Odium]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The U.S.A., My home, my country which I love, was founded on the principals of immigration and personal freedoms to do what you needed for life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

We American citizens are all descended from Immigrants, or are former immigrants ourselves.

This us vs them mentality is ludicrous, childish, and xenophobic.
Give us your poor, your tired, your hungry.

At this point if we really want to rally around an Idea, we white & black peoples are the true illegal immigrants, while we have been born here all we are, are settled descendents of invaders who stole Native American, and Native Aztec lands.

Now we can't undo this, at this point, but what gives us the "special" right to hate and deny the very same open arm policy to future Americans. The only reason these "illegal" immigrants are illegal is due to a very slow, and red tape laden, beauracratic, filibuster-like, citizenship and guest worker program.

I would prefer not to starve to death over 3 years while I wait to be welcomed into a country that supposedly is the Great Land of the Free, and Land of Opportunity. We have plenty of room, and a veeeerrry rich government who could use some of their whale choking military budget to reform immigration and acclimation to American life.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wouldn't moving the border just shift the problem? Giving up the land doesn't guarantee any economic advantage. Many factories have already moved to Mexico. So wouldn't prosperity always be across the border and shift with it? Who said "the economy is always more viable on the other side of the border"? The guy was a genius!

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Germany is still suffering from reunification and if land was giving to Mexico, they would face the same economic problems due to living standards under the US system differ from the Mexican system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join