It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom "the Hammer" Delay retires

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
In a stunning move, Tom "the Hammer" Delay age 59 has decided to step down after a year of scandal including the whole Jack Abromoff corruption mess. Peer usual Delay blamed liberals and Democrats for his downfall.

www.time.com
Rep. Tom DeLay, whose iron hold on the House Republicans melted as a lobbying corruption scandal engulfed the Capitol, told TIME that he will not seek reelection and will leave Congress within months. Taking defiant swipes at "the left" and the press, he said he feels "liberated" and vowed to pursue an aggressive speaking and organizing campaign aimed at promoting foster care, Republican candidates and a closer connection between religion and government.

"I'm going to announce tomorrow that I'm not running for reelection and that I'm going to leave Congress," DeLay, who turns 59 on Saturday, said during a 90-minute interview on Monday. "I'm very much at peace with it." He notified President Bush in the afternoon. DeLay and his wife, Christine, said they had been prepared to fight, but that he decided last Wednesday, after months of prayer and contemplation, to spare his suburban Houston district the mudfest to come. "This had become a referendum on me," he said. "So it's better for me to step aside and let it be a referendum on ideas, Republican values and what's important for this district."

DeLay's fall has been stunningly swift, one of the most brutal and decisive in American history. He had to give up his title of Majority Leader, the No. 2 spot in the House Republican leadership, in September when a Texas grand jury indicted him on charges of trying to evade the state's election law. So he moved out of his palatial suite in the Capitol, where he once brandished a "No Whining" mug during feisty weekly sessions with reporters.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Good bye and "don't let the screen door hit you on the way out". While Delay blames others for his downfall, the real culprit is his own arrogance, a trait shared by many (but not all) Republicans who feel that they have some right to rule and that the Democrats and liberals do not. This attitude has become a poison in the body politics of our country...Phil Gramm another Texas right winger is reported to saying that they were going to keep after Liberals and Democrats until they were hunting them with dogs. These people whom Delay typlifies have refused to discuss issues that face all of us unless it was on their terms only...Delay along with Grover Norquist and Rick Sanitarium were the architects of the K Street project which threatened lobbying firms that they would not do business with them if they hired Democrats and were the ones who systemitically locked Democrats out of commitee meetings so they could craft bills to their liking without interference. He was also responsible for the (probably) illegal mid-election gerrymandering of texas that gave the right wing a stranglehold on the house of representives. He's not retiring, like all bullies when faced with serious opposition, he's running.

Related News Links:
www.truthout.org
www.washingtonpost.com

[edit on 3-4-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

the real culprit is his own arrogance

The real culprit is his criminal malfeasance. He is a crook, plain and simple, and he is stepping down because he will have a hard time winnning re-election from a prison cell. He tried to run Congress like a Mafia Family, and it caught up with him. I just hope it isn't too late to undo all the damage he and his posse of cronies have done to the political process of the United States of America.

I will be very interested to see who takes over the once again newly vacated seat on the HAC, the one he took over after his protege Mr. Cunningham was investigated, exposed, disgraced, indicted, confessed, sentenced, and is now serving an 8 year sentence in Federal Prison, right where DeLay belongs, and if there is any justice left in this country, right where he will end up, and the sooner the better.

Let the scumbags that are ruining this country fall like dominoes. It is way past time to clean house in Washington DC. I say we go for a clean sweep.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Good riddens to that crook!
Leavenworth has a room open.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Next up : THE CLINTONS

Mod Edit: Please Review This Link On One Line Posts

[edit on 4/4/06/04 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Also, when will our troops leave KOSOVO Bill Clinton? Should I save that question for the pupetmaster Marc Rich?

Mod edit: Again

[edit on 4/4/06/04 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I agree Iracus rising, his behaviour is criminal but that. behaviour is rooted in arrogance. An arrogance that had him tell a manager at a D.C. restuarant who told him that the law banned smoking in public places and that he would have to put his cigar out..."I am the goddamned government." Le est roi anyone? When you think that you are above the law, that means you think you can do anything you want. Isn't that right Mr. Bush?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
grover, you are right, it is the arrogance of these people that makes them think they are better than everyone else and above the law. They are not.

The Machine is starting to come apart at the seams, and it is the public awareness of that arrogance and the criminal behavior it spawns that is motivating the good citizens of America to take a stand against tyranny.

From Randall Cunningham to Katherine Harris to Tom DeLay, accountability is setting in. Who's next to come forward and be held accountable for their actions to the detriment of the political process and the good people of America? Step right up and take the fall!

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hmm, my graphic didn't upload properly, retry:

That pretty much says how I feel about it.
Picture worth a 1000 words?

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The right wing has one trait that I am profoundly grateful for...their tendency to over-reach, whether it was the cabal of millionaires including Perscott Bush (bush minor's grandfather) who chose (a true patriot) Gen. Smedley Butler to back a coup against Roseavelt to Nixxon's (whose looking better and better all the time) power grab to now Delay, the neo-cons and bush minor himself. These are not the Republicans of Eisenhauer or even Harding. The are certianly not the Republicans of Lincoln. They are selfish power hungry facists. It is to the Democrats lasting credit that they finally renounced the racism of the southern machine and Jim Crow, too late in my book but at least they did it, and it is when they embraced it to gain votes that the Republican party as it stands today lost its soul. With Delay's fall hopefully there will come a revolt in his party until it returns to the party that while I and others may disagree with them, can still respect them.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Nobody that I know of from the right side of politics could actually give a hoot about Tom Delay or Bush. Besides sarcasm and predictable anger, name a clever idea a democrat has come up with besides the alway's predictable anger ( SPIKE THROUGH HIS HEAD....wow ) stuff? Democrats are just as bad if not worse. For crying out loud it's AMERICA....not BERKLEY. Did I spell that right? Hmmmm......................

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cellerdweller
Nobody that I know of from the right side of politics could actually give a hoot about Tom Delay or Bush.

Karma doesn't give a damn about partisanship, look harder next time.

Now I expect you to illustrate your point,
so where is "your picture" that will wow us?

Read these yet?
PTS: Top Conservative: Iraq War Has Failed
Republicans on the Run

BTW, It's spelled Bezerkeley

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I don't believe in Karma. My picture is simple as turning off your tube and computer and getting out. If not then I suspect you will follow the crowd and get in line for one of Michael Moores very dull summertime egg laying. Complete with the GRAINY 1970's filters and spooky music. I've seen those 100 screen movie theaters that suck more oil out of Americans than anything a Cheney could drum up in his batcave. Massive Titanic Movie Theaters with 45 acre parking lots. The conspiracy is not walking in, it's walking out, squinting your eye's and wondering where your car is. The metal forest awaits. My " PICTURE " is beyond those lines. American Dreaming is one of your songs. I'll take it if you don't believe in it. That songwriter wants us to lend an ear. Get out of lines.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cellerdweller
I don't believe in Karma.

That would explain why your obnoxious. It's easy to criticize my quickie satire versus actually showing us you can do better. I presume the facts are you can't or you would of already shown us your great talent.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
EDIT: Wow, did I ever blow this...

Since I lost this post due to hitting the wrong button (twitch. I'm tellin' ya...)

Let's get back on the topic of Delay's retirement

[edit on 4/5/06/05 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Regan

You have got to be kidding me. Your supposed artwork is nothing more than a few filters away ( wow, you took a picture of clouds and hit the hue saturation with the dodge tool in photoshop? ). Sony Cyber shot? The supposed artwork that you think has somehow made you think you have an ability is old, badly composed and a waste of time. Can you draw or sculpt? Can you paint in any and all media such I? Are you willing to put down some cash down on it ? Can you and you thesaurus take on an illustrator from HOW & Communication arts? Tell me how to put up some of my pieces here because I'd love to destroy what you think is a " Gift ". Till then brag away.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Regen, just because you have artistic skills in creating images does not mean that someone else's opinions are invalid if they can't do the same.

Had nothing to do with invalidating a person's subjective opinion and that's impossible to begin with or you would deny they exist. Has to do with show me what you got, I want to "see" what is better. Trolling is the ability to talk up a lot of hot air but when you confront them for proof they show nothing.

GOP have approved Delay head spike:
Report: Republicans privately embrace DeLay departure
GOP hopes DeLay exit helps election prospects

Guess that points out the idea there is no honor among thieves or when they going gets tough give'em the boot while they're walking out the door.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Nice filter. Old, but nice. Perhaps you think some people think you painted that? Can you imagine if you did? You have dedicated more time to Tom Delay than most Republicans! Most of your art consist of Photshop
layers mulitply etc, so save your boasts for those who don't have Maya, Zbrush and so on. Your shadows are a wee to dark with the " Nail in the head " bit and your perspective is way off. Find a single source of light and stick with it and it's angles. You also left out reflected light but then again you are the GREAT ARTIST eh?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
And one more thing, why do you have 2 different angles with two people in the same picture? Are there two Suns in your world? I can't believe you did'nt even bend the very dark shadow of the " Nail " upon the forearm of the bald guy with the sledge. One more thing, when you make shadows upon any color, click on that color and darken it. Coal black shadows on flesh-toned forearms just don't work.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Oh, I almost left out a link since you seem to like electrical storms and stuff.

www.drmegavolt.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The greatest didn't have good judgement though.

Tom DeLay ranks as the greatest legislator of his time

DeLay's 11-term House career now coming to a close was filled with paradoxes. He must be ranked with the great legislative leaders of all time, such as Thomas Brackett Reed, Robert A. Taft and Lyndon B. Johnson. Nobody has been as effective in enacting the conservative agenda into law, which explains the intense opposition to him. The House has been a different place since he stepped down as majority leader six months ago, easier to go along and get along for members of both parties.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Makes you wonder if the greatest can get caught with their hands in the cookie jar, what's that say about rest of them?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join