It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian War games discussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Iran is planning large scale war games , to commence on the 31 st of march, does this mean that the Iranains are wargaming potential allied invasion scenearios or is it just sabre rattling.

What would Irans best startegy be in defending itself from U.S (and British?) forces , do they have the power to do so ? your opinions.

Thousands of Iranian troops will start a week-long military maneuver in the Gulf on March 31 to ready armed forces for warding off “threats”, a senior commander announced on state television.
The commander of the navy of Revolutionary Guards Corps, Rear Admiral Mostafa Safari, did not specify the nature of the threat although the maneuver comes amid increasing tensions with the West over Tehran’s nuclear program.

full article www.defensenews.com...

Iran’s Defence Minister Mostafa Mohammad Najjar said nearly two months ago that Islamic republic will give an “extremely quick and destructive response” to any attack against its nuclear facilities.

However, Iran - Opec’s second biggest oil producer - has been sending mixed messages over whether it would use its oil exports as a weapon in the case of action from the UN Security Council. – AFP www.gulf-times.com...

Also a point raise what do you make of the Russian and chinese stance?

"We urge the Iranian authorities to carefully listen to the unanimous opinion of UN Security Council members and thus seek cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on all remaining issues,"

full article www.interfax.ru...

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The best defence is not geting involved. I mean even if they win a war and beat the US back, or the US suffers big losses, inorder to do that they would suffer losses too.

That or well another thing going for them is the whole 'our army is being allready used'.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I say a good strike by B 52's with ACM 129's armed with nukes will settle any disputes. i mean i dontt hink IRAN will appreciate nukes destroying them. This would be an adequate deterrant by NATO.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158
I say a good strike by B 52's with ACM 129's armed with nukes will settle any disputes. i mean i dontt hink IRAN will appreciate nukes destroying them. This would be an adequate deterrant by NATO.

All very well but i was asking what Iran could do strtergy wise to put off any military action by the states ,soory if this was not clearer.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
urmomma158- So you would nuke a country becaue they want to produce electricity through nuculear power, great reason!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
urmomma158- So you would nuke a country becaue they want to produce electricity through nuculear power, great reason!

Come on I think that we all know that the Iranians have other intentions for ther nuclear programme , however it is there right to develop civillian applications.

And urmomma158 I don't think that the Us would be the firdt to go green on the launch of nukes.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ok if Iran does develop nuclear weapons, who exactly are they going to attack with them, with out being completely annilated? There enimies are Israel the US they aint stupid enough to attack either.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Ok if Iran does develop nuclear weapons, who exactly are they going to attack with them, with out being completely annilated? There enimies are Israel the US they aint stupid enough to attack either.

Ahmadinejad also repeated the words of the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who called for the destruction of Israel.

"As the imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, who came to power in August and replaced Mohammad Khatami, a reformist who advocated international dialogue and tried to improve Iran's relations with the West.

full article abcnews.go.com...

Your denying Irans nuclear ambition ? The Iranians want nukes to offset the Israelis own weapons ,and with talk like the quote from above would you bet money on them not using them if they had them?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Come on it`s all talk. They know they would be destroyed by America if they attacked Israeil. Lets remeber America developed the bomb and are the only ones to of used it. And are the most likely to use it today with there multitude of eneimies it created for itself.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Come on it`s all talk. They know they would be destroyed by America if they attacked Israeil. Lets remeber America developed the bomb and are the only ones to of used it. And are the most likely to use it today with there multitude of eneimies it created for itself.

Of course they would but they get to take israel with them , which seems to be most of there leaders main ambition (the destruction of Israel) and that kind of stance is frightening.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo
Of course they would but they get to take israel with them , which seems to be most of there leaders main ambition (the destruction of Israel) and that kind of stance is frightening.

as stated its all talk Iran would not use a first strike with nukes against Israel (people who think that should get their heads checked)
to many nuke thems on to many topics
(mutual distruction)

Iran its self has possed large amount of WMDS powerfull enough to launch against israel and keep the infronstructure up. (bio,chemical weapons)

on another note Nukes are the best detturent just look at north korea u dont see the US threatening to invade them,
they keep others off your lawn

[edit on 30-3-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted by buckaroo: “

posted by urmomma158
I say a good strike by B 52's with ACM 129's armed with nukes will settle any disputes. [Edited by Don W]

All very well but I was asking what Iran could do strategy wise to put off any military action by the States ,sorry if this was not clearer.

1) Move mines up to the water’s edge at the Straits of Hormuz. Barely 20 miles wide and buoyed for 2 channels each 1 mile wide but 2 miles apart, it would be easy to close.

2) Call up the Islamic Militia. A half million young men who could be suicide bombers and so on.

3) Open negotiations with Pakistan’s Abdul Khan for instructions how to make a nuclear bomb.

4) Move Iranian Army within 40 miles of the Iraqi border.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Quick! Nuke em because they want Nukes!!

We want to enforce non proliferation of Nucleur Weapons so nations won't use them and you want to do this how exactly? By dropping Nucleur weapons on them??

Sheesh! Some people..

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think he wants to know what Iran can do diplomatically to stave off military action.
Military action against Iran will of course have to be unilateral. There is no way the UN is going endorse such a resolution. They have enough problems decding whether to slap sanctions or not.

So if the US has doubts about taking military action unilaterally and wants the UN support then IMHO Iran has already staved off military action.

If the US is still willing to go unilaterally, then the Iranians have very little flexibility. Maybe they can 'think' out of the hat and offer to hold talks with Israel in a series of CBMs. The 'we want peace' card never fails. Ask Musharraf

Any such 'politically angelic' move will pour cold water on any possible US ambitions of military action. And the Uranium production can maybe continue.

And if they aren't actually plannig to build N-weapons they maybe they can allow quarterly spot checks by the IAEA the check the level to which uranium is enriched in Iran.

top topics

join