It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing nicknames

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Can someone tell me how to change my nickname please??

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If you want to change your membership name you will have to register a new one and start from scratch.
There is no other way to change your name.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Oh how i wish i could change mine!!!

I'm afraid we are stuck.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
damn! Most forums have the option of changing, can't the mods just put in a script on this one? To have 1 change every month or something like that.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
can't the mods just put in a script on this one? To have 1 change every month or something like that.

We would have people changing on a month to month basis... And on a board this large, it would become even more impossible to keep track of who is who. Also, it wouldn't be a simple script. It would have to take affect in all the quoted threads, every single post, etc, etc...

I've heard stories of people changing names and kind super moderators or admins transferring the points, though.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I'm sure for liek maybe ohh 250 bucks someone somehwere would be willing to change your name

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oh how i wish i could change mine!!!

I'm afraid we are stuck.

No, not stuck.

Re Register! But of course you will have to build up your points from scratch like I did.

That should'nt be such a big problem for sugeshotcha, though. Not as many points as you have, dgtempe.

btw related topic - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What would you guys be using if not the ones you have? You are all recognized under that name too, wouldn't you want to keep your former relations?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
.....wouldn't you want to keep your former relations?

Well, not necessarily..........

But anyway, I only had my old username for a month before I decided to change it.

The one I have now, I plan on keeping.

Larry.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You can change your avatar! That's even better than changing your name! And people will treat you differently if you have a different avatar, too. It's scientifically proven. Devils get treated poorly. Hot babes get treated the best. Fuzzy kittens and puppies are also treated well.

That the way people are.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
You can change your avatar! That's even better than changing your name! And people will treat you differently if you have a different avatar, too. It's scientifically proven. Devils get treated poorly. Hot babes get treated the best. Fuzzy kittens and puppies are also treated well.

That the way people are.

Good Point!

Related topic:

Who has the best avatar on ATS

Larry.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
You can change your avatar! That's even better than changing your name! And people will treat you differently if you have a different avatar, too. It's scientifically proven. Devils get treated poorly. Hot babes get treated the best.

Thats true man, with this avatar:

People are real nice to me on the boards and send me lots of u2us!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Naw,
Nygdan,
I would still give you a hard time

Hot babe or not!

top topics

join