It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth to have close brush with comet

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Anyone in the northern hemishphere notice to really large lights last night? they looked like stars, and passed through the sky within a half hour period.

They were about double the brightness of stars, I was wondering what they were, is it possible it was peices of the comet?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Depending on your location, they could have been Iridium Flares

You can find out if they were by signing up at Heavens-Above! and putting in some basic information about where you live.

I saw a good one last night, just above Jupiter.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I dont think it was sattelites, ive seen them and they move different, not to mention arent as big. I live near an airport, so i first thought they were planes, but they were moving in tandem, and usually when a plane makes a direction shift, the light dims quite a bit.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Oh, didn't see the "half hour period" part... What time was it about when you saw those?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
What time was it about when you saw those?

I not 100% on the time. But I think it was around 11:30, 12.

I noticed it was a little strange and followed with my car for a better vantage point. I drove for about 15 mins until they dissappeared from the horizon. (after spotting them a little while earlier)

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Goperang]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I really dont think anyone would notice in our area, if there were a dozen coment moving through the sky. Or, if the sky filled up with ufos, because we are so used to planes flying through the city.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goperang
Or, if the sky filled up with ufos, because we are so used to planes flying through the city.

Not to mention most people just don't look up!

Anyway, I can think of only two things: High flying military craft (as they're not required to have the same lighting on that civilian planes do in some areas) or high flying weather baloons reflecting Sunlight (which would also explain the relatively slow speed in the sky).

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
OKAY .. it's Comet Impact/Tsunami day. (according to the
'prophecies' it is anyways). I assume everyone is still alive
and enjoying the day?

Do we have an alleged time of impact? Or is it just a
general 'May 25th' ?

If we know the time I think I'll have a glass of wine and
some chocolate ...
and celebrate life.

crt

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I heard around 6 o'clock then I heard 10 o'clock then I heard 11. So anytime today.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Might I ask where you "heard" this information?

AM or PM?

I mean, its not gonna happen. But hey, I am bored, at work, so I need to be entertained!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Eric Julien keeps changing the times/dates. It didn't happen on the 11th, so he bumped it to the 25th. Now he's saying it may happen as late as the 26th.

The alien overlords are going to stop the impact anyway, and then he can sell many books about how he tried to save the world by warning everyone of the impact, barely anyone listened, but those few that did showed the alien overlords there is good in man, explaining why they diverted the impact.

Seriously, who wants to start a betting pool for when this guy puts out a book about this?

[edit on 5/25/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Eric Julien keeps changing the times/dates. It didn't happen on the 11th, so he bumped it to the 25th. Now he's saying it may happen as late as the 26th.

The alien overlords are going to stop the impact anyway, and then he can sell many books about how he tried to save the world by warning everyone of the impact, barely anyone listened, but those few that did showed the alien overlords there is good in man, explaining why they diverted the impact.

Seriously, who wants to start a betting pool for when this guy puts out a book about this?

Sounds like a new hollywood hit, especially when taking into account the awful movies of recent.

crt

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Okay let me correct that, I read 6 or 10 or 11 P.M. Various sources, prophets, message boards places like that. But I also read we would have a 20 hour warning before it hit, and NASA isn't warning anybody, so I have to assume its not going to hit.

commander keen, I thought the Aliens were after George Bush.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by crt]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by crt
But I also read we would have a 20 hour warning before it hit, and NASA isn't warning anybody, so I have to assume its not going to hit.

Why would they give a warning? NASA has always said the opposite. If something were to hit they would issue no public statements. Why? Because it would lead to mass riots, looting, and a general cause of life BEFORE the impact.

commander keen, I thought the Aliens were after George Bush.

Depends on who you ask. Some people say they're after him and all other world leaders. Except, of course, the ones that want death to America. Some people say he is an alien. Some people say he's just working with the aliens. I don't think any of them are right.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Depends on who you ask. Some people say they're after him and all other world leaders. Except, of course, the ones that want death to America. Some people say he is an alien. Some people say he's just working with the aliens. I don't think any of them are right.

I think his mother's uncle's sister's sitter's boyfriend's 3rd cousin's 2nd grade teacher's 395th student's brother knew a alien once.........

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
ive also heard the date of july 3rd that we will be hit... hmmm... either people keep making dates because of the false dates when nothing happened or... nobody knows the exact date that it WILL happen...

apc

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Im hiding deep underground as I type! Hidden away in an old limestone mine.
Safe from impacting comets and our ANT overlords. Only thing I have to worry about are CHUDs (Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers).

But Im down here everyday from 9-5. So as long as it hits during the day, sucks to be everyone else!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthIsOutThere2012
ive also heard the date of july 3rd that we will be hit... hmmm... either people keep making dates because of the false dates when nothing happened or... nobody knows the exact date that it WILL happen...

There is another thread for this but....

July 3rd is the estimated passing of Meteor XP14, which is supposed to miss us by .0029 AU (the moon is .0026 AU, so this one is pretty "close")

Not to worry, .0029 AU is still 280,000 miles (or so) away.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthIsOutThere2012
...people keep making dates because of the false dates when nothing happened...

That's basically what happened, as every so often, maybe three or four times a year, the Earth is going to get destroyed by a comet or asteroid. So far no one has been right about it, and those that were coxed the aliens into saving us.

Originally posted by apc
Only thing I have to worry about are CHUDs.

HAHAHAHAH!!!! Oh, dear... I thought I would never hear of that again...

crt

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Its a good thing the aliens are saving us maybe Eric Juliens aliens decided not to allow the comet to hit us. Did Bush do something right

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join