It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth to have close brush with comet

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by crt
Its a good thing the aliens are saving us maybe Eric Juliens aliens decided not to allow the comet to hit us. Did Bush do something right

Tell me your kidding... Or has EJ come forward and said that it won't hit us now?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

this i found from a fanatic web page i hope it's wrong but just in case you may want to invest in a life preserver if you live on the east coast

I also came across that thread at the GodlikeProductions.com forum on the 19th, started by someone calling himself "Office of Naval Intelligence". It's unfair to describe the site as a "fanatic webpage" because reasonable people also go there. ONI made a family of four flee inland after following someone's suggestion that everyone running away from the tsunami should first "put down" their pets rather than abandon them, and maybe the only redeeming feature of the thread is this family's almost daily reports on how they're faring on their westward journey. Today they end the chronicle and they start out by saying that...

Final Update:

Well today's the day. We are praying for all those we left behind when we left the coast on Friday night particularly those who were so adament that we were CRAZY for believing something we had read on the internet.

Again I am glad that on my first visit ever to GLP I saw this post about a Tsunami hitting the E. Coast on the 25th. That poster obviously took unbelievable risks to bring us the truth about what was to come.

We are going to try to ignore the news today because paying attention to it will be just too painful once we hear the comet has struck and we know that certain death and destruction of so many is then cast in stone and only awaiting the time it takes for the tsunami to cross the ocean.

I have kept the potential bad news about the meteo/comet from the kids, though they can't quite understand why we left our home so suddenly Friday night and traveled half way across the country. Our child who was due to graduate from HS in a couple of more weeks is asking us several times a day now if we will get back for "his graduation" and I just haven't had the heart to tell him that it is unlikely that any of his friends from school will survive to see the end of this week.

The kids and wife think I am a little batty ... but what kids don't think their dad is a little "off". I'm not worried. They will see how I protected them in just a few hours and they will stop that crazy talk about me needing to get some counseling.

(...)

[Geological Update: It seems like in English they never or almost never say "hypocenter", but "focus", so they talk about deep-focus and shallow-focus earthquakes.]

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Macrento]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I saw it damn it! Just minutes ago I saw a piece of the comet. It was going across the skyline west from here(middle Europe) and was heading north. It had a tail, much different than a jet airplane. the tail was very broad/fat, it tagged along and didn't stay in the skyline like jet streams do.
My guess is it was pretty high above the atmosphere, but looking big.

its 21:00 pm here. That means the pieces are still coming.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Could you be a bit more specific about what you saw? Please read this for a reference: Astronomy: So You See a Bright Light?

Right now it kind of sounds like you saw an Iridium flare. You could also try cross-referencing what you saw with Heavens-Above!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urizen
I saw it damn it! Just minutes ago I saw a piece of the comet. It was going across the skyline west from here(middle Europe) and was heading north. It had a tail, much different than a jet airplane. the tail was very broad/fat, it tagged along and didn't stay in the skyline like jet streams do.
My guess is it was pretty high above the atmosphere, but looking big.

its 21:00 pm here. That means the pieces are still coming.

AIEEEEE!
the airplanes are coming! the airplanes are coming, run for the hills! theyre going to splat us!

urizen, what you saw was an airplane producing chemtrails. these disapear a lot faster than the contrails as the chemicals enter our atmosphere. its not the comet you have to worry about, its the chemtrails.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
heres a lot of information on chemtrails to explain that.

besides, there is no comet, this is just another fear tactic of the bush administration

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IRTehBomb
besides, there is no comet, this is just another fear tactic of the bush administration

If that were the case then NASA would be chatting it up ... instead of
saying 'nothing to worry about'.

Well, it's 4:08 EST. Are we on a countdown until midnight EST?
Someone here said 6pm I think ... Two hours until splash down?
Just had some chocolate. Think I'll break open the champagne.
I'll be watching the NOTHING happen.

Edited to add - didn't that Air Traffic Controller say that it was a
garunteed hit unless the entire planet transformed into a bunch of
polyannas??? I think I remember that. Anyone??? We certainly
didn't all put down the swords and pick up the plowshares overnight.
Not even close! So, by this ... it should be a garunteed hit.

[edit on 5/25/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
thanks for info on iridium trails. I never seen one before. AND I never seen a comet/meteor/whatever before. But it was just so clear it struck me when i saw it.
And no, I don't believe a piece will hit on Earth like that frenchie says. If i had not read about it today I wouldn't write here about it. But I would still think it was a comet.

It was dusk, almost daylight still. It was a clear sky with some altocumulus clouds. I looked to the sky in the west and I saw this broad trail, the kind you'd get if you put three normal jetplane strips together. But it was different. It was a broken line with "puffs" of white following an object, not a strait line. Very clear to see on a light blue sky. It was going slow and i followed it for at least 25 seconds(i counted again in my head), then it got to the clouds(dark blue/grey clouds). you could still see the bright trail behind the clouds for a few seconds, then it got behind denser clouds when I lost the sight of it. The path of it was towards a mountain so i didn't see any more of it.

it *felt* like a big mass. the way it moved and the tail followed. the slowness of it and the puffs made me think of something massive.

i'll look into chemtrails/iridium flares etc. I sure want to know what that thing was!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
From that description it sounds more like a meteor skimming the outer edges of the atmosphere and then skipping out. It was probably something the size of a baseball or smaller.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is all so bogus. If it were even remotely true that nasa ever withheld information like this when all they had to do was tell people to move to higher ground, there would be quite a few missing nasa employees the next day just from vengeful relatives. I don't believe any of this crap. If that Naval Officers story is true I feel sorry for that guy and not only should he seek help ,but he needs to retire from serving in our Navy.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
NASA has flat out said that in the event of an impact they would not inform the public.

That being said, EJ's site seems to be down.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Edited to add - didn't that Air Traffic Controller say that it was a
garunteed hit[edit on 5/25/2006 by FlyersFan]

oh HELLO!!! what air traffic controller???? What did I miss there?

I have been wondering what was going on, dont know if it has anything to do with this or not, but all the planes have been flying VERY low for the past 24 hrs. I mean I can see windows....if I had my binoculars out, I could see someone I am sure. They never fly that low here.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
6pm?????

I guess i'll go eat a piece of cake i didnt want to get into.

What a depressing day!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Oh no I hear rushing water!!!!!

Never mind its just a thunderstorm passing thru....

I wanted to also thank you cmdrkeen for the links on iridium flares, fascinating stuff.
I ended up printing out a bunch of charts last night and went wandering around outside with a flashlight and chart in hand.

I guess Juliens server couldn't handle all the traffic or he pulled the plug because his bandwith bill will be to high.

Just incase this is doomsday I invited a lady friend over to hang out, but not until 8 or 9, I hope it does not hit before then.

In all seriousness, I'm with cmdrkeen. I think this is just a huge publicity stunt for this guy to write a book and sell some google ads. Does he have google ads?
Well I'm going to be watching the sky regardless and checking this thread. 1000 bucks "The Aliens" save us...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
What a depressing day!

Cheer up! Really! It's not gonna hit us! You could check out my blog entry about it... Then come back fifteen minutes later and see how it's changed!

Originally posted by redbrotherqing
1000 bucks "The Aliens" save us...

I threw down eleventy billion dollars on that happening...

[edit on 5/25/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Alien message sparks tsunami panic
By Ahmed El Amraoui

Thursday 25 May 2006, 13:15 Makka Time, 10:15 GMT

A website warning of a tsunami has spread panic in Morocco, despite the government's assertion that the alert was merely rumour - and the dubious nature of its source.

The Ufological Research Centre said on its website last week that a tsunami could hit the Atlantic after a comet passes close to earth on Thursday, May 25.

Eric Julien, author of La Science Des Extraterrestres (Science of Aliens), claimed that the impact of a comet fragment would trigger powerful volcanoes in the Atlantic and generate a giant tsunami that would be destructive across the coasts of several countries, including Morocco.

Aljazeera

Link to article

Sorry for the dupicate post....

[edit on 25-5-2006 by redbrotherqing]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah, that's already under discussion here: Tsunami panic in Morroco from UFO prophet's prediction

Could you edit down the size of your post to about 3 paragraphs and put it in external quote tags? The BB Code looks like this: [ex] at the start and [/ex] at the end. You'll end up with something like this...

Your content here

No worries, and thanks!

[edit on 5/25/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

oh HELLO!!! what air traffic controller???? What did I miss there?

Mrsdudara that guy on savelivesinmay dot com is a former air traffic controller. I think the radar waves must have did something to him.

Dgtempe Don't worry nothin is gonna happen. Just enjoy that piece of cake cuz you will end up eating another one tomorrow just like any other day. If it makes you feel any better Im on the western tip of Long Island and below sea level too and I ain't sweatin this junk.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
That being said, EJ's site
seems to be down.

THAT's PRICELESS!!

Off topic -

DG .. sweetie .. wanna share miserable day stories? U2U me.
We can share miserable days. Tell me how you feel and I'll
tell you about my diagnosis today.

Chocolate and champagne dg ... chocolate and champagne!!
That'll make ya' feel better ... or at least not care for a few minutes.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This is not a joke. Innocent people’s lives have been disrupted. This person belongs in jail along with all the other scaremongers who take advantage of illiterate people for financial gain. These phonies on the radio shows who enable them belong in jail also. They know they are spreading garbage that can harm people over the airwaves. They are just as responsible. This is not free speech. This is fraud of the worst kind.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join