It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth to have close brush with comet

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:
crt

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I still think we aren't going to see anything until the second week of June, Thats when we are close to the orbital path of the fragments. There is alot of craziness from Eric Juliens site predicting a comet hitting the Atlantic this Thursday, alot of people are taking it seriously.

I don't see a tsunami out of this but its possible we will get pelted with meteor showers during the first few weeks of June.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by crt]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Well in that case..this destructive event seems even more likely now..given the fact the media outlets are brodcasting movies about earth impacts..days before one is predicted to happen.

What Media Outlets, I have not seen any reports on the above
Llinks people links pls thanks

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by crt
I still think we aren't going to see anything until the second week of June, Thats when we are close to the orbital path of the fragments... but its possible we will get pelted with meteor showers during the first few weeks of June.

It was my understanding that we already came as close as we will come to the comet this year. Where have you seen that in June we will be closer to the fragments?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It's this coming week or weekend that the earth comes closest to the orbital path of the comet. In early June, the comet fragments will reach perihelion...that means that their orbit is as close to the sun as they will get.

However, the comet fragments have not scattered far enough from the orbital path of the comet to intersect with the orbit of the earth, so those looking to hitch a ride on a near passing fragment will have to wait a while longer.

crt

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Not according to this piece we won't, we intersect right through it.
Orbit of Fragment S

Looking at this in 3-D we still intersect the orbit.

There are millions of tiny fragments in preturbed orbits trailing behind the larger fragments that have passed. And they lag way behind the larger fragments by millions of miles, and have been nudged out from their original orbit by the solar wind.

You can see how the smaller fragments fall back, while the larger fragments pull ahead.
Hubble Video

Hopefully they will miss us but I kind of doubt it.

It will be a little more intense to what happened in 1872.

Chicago fire

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Just wondering.......Is this why we saw a few "shooting stars" last night?

We dont usually see those unless we are camping because the lights are so bright here.

-loved that hubble link. It was quite interesting to watch all those pieces fall back. It almost looked like they were being sucked backwards.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Do we need tin foil hats .. or life rafts??

www.niburu.nl...?articleID=13310

exerpt

The US Department of Transportation in cooperation with Federal, State,
local, and Canadian partners will host ‘Pacific Peril 06’ from 23-25 May 2006 at
Camp Rilea on the NW Oregon Coast. The three-day event will consist of a training
day presenting earthquake and tsunami hazards and response plans; a full day
Command Post Exercise (CPX) and a final day table top review. The exercise
postulates a catastrophic seismic event that triggers a massive tsunami that
devastates Pacific coastal communities from British Columbia to northern
California."

The curious timing of the United States Military being put on this high alert status,
and combined with their announced ‘Pacific Peril’ earthquake and tsunami
exercise, has led to many fears around the world because of these events
occurring during the exact time frame of our Earth encountering the strange
Comet Schwassmann-Wachmann 3, and which for reasons unknown to scientists
has been dramatically exploding into many hundreds of fragments, and as we can
read as reported by Britain’s News 24 News Service in their article titled "Dying
comet swings past Earth", ....

[edit on 5/22/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
...the strange Comet Schwassmann-Wachmann 3, and which for reasons unknown to scientists has been dramatically exploding into many hundreds of fragments...

That's from your source...

And scientists don't know why? Odd, as I thought it was just because of the normal stresses that comets encounter when coming nearer to the Sun.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
this i found from a fanatic web page i hope it's wrong but just in case you may want to invest in a life preserver if you live on the east coast

May 19, 2006 - Urgent warning from a Naval Intelligence Officer regarding impending comet strike and a possible tsunami affecting the eastern seaboard. The US government
has not warned of an Atlantic tsunami if a comet strikes about May 25th.

The US recently participated in an exercise known as Pacific Wave '06. Another drill next week called Pacific Peril 06, designed to gauge the resilience of
the transportation infrastructure along the west coast of the United States.
Both of these exercises purpose post-facto damage limitation in the wake of an
expected strike by a detachment of Fragment-C of Schwassmann-Wachmann Comet.
Our government has been briefed on a daily basis about the probabilities relating to such
a strike, yet when it became more than apparent that such an impact would almost certainly take place between May 24 and May 27 , the administration
countered suggestions for a public notice of immediate preparations with the imposition
of a media blackout. Naval Intelligence personnel have also been forbidden to discuss
this matter even with members of their own families.

It is my moral duty as an upholder of the oaths I have taken to warn my fellow Americans,particularly those who live along the eastern seaboard, that the risk of a major tsunami is
extremely high and that their lives are consequently in great danger. I urge each and every
one of you to make any preparations you feel are necessary to survival and to inform any
relatives or friends you may consider endangered by the impending catastrophe.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Ok-

Was i paranoid before?????

Now i am SUPERparanoid. What the

Nobody i know beleives me!!!!! Am i suppose to drown when Cape Cod disappears just because i live with ignoramuses? Lord help me. I dont belong with my family...small minded people who dont care about anything!!!

Great.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
dg, take a deeeep breath and calm yourself you still have a few hours left to decide what you should do..........personally i dont think anything is going to happen today but tomorrow i'm not so sure about

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Anyone notice that Julien, this "prophet" shut down his forum because of "TOO MANY ATTACKS?" He couldn't take all the criticism and debunking going on. He also deleted many threads and posts that posed valid questions and detailed arguments against his claims.

Nothing is going to happen on May 25th. A rock that would produce the energy that Julien describes would be too large to miss by now.

Every month (on average), a meteor the size of a car enters our atmosphere and we don;t even notice. Three factors apply: Velocity, Size, and Angle. Most of these astroids blow up 50 or so miles above our surface. So basically, we would need something bigger than a football field traveling over 50 km/s heading straight for our Atlantic Ocean, and even that might not produce the 200 m waves that Julien is predicting.

We would see a rock that big by now... 2 days away....

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Mouth]

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Mouth]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
Anyone notice that Julien, this "profit" shut down his forum because of "TOO MANY ATTACKS?" He couldn't take all the criticism and debunking going on. He also deleted many threads and posts that posed valid questions and detailed arguments against his claims.

Nothing is going to happen on May 25th. A rock that would produce the energy that Julien describes would be too large to miss by now.

Every month (on average), a meteor the size of a car enters our atmosphere and we don;t even notice. Three factors apply: Velocity, Size, and Angle. Most of these astroids blow up 50 or so miles above our surface. So basically, we would need something bigger than a football field traveling over 50 km/s heading straight for our Atlantic Ocean, and even that might not produce the 200 m waves that Julien is predicting.

We would see a rick that big by now... 2 days away....

You spelled "profit" wrong..isnt it prophet ..but anyway lol

the bible also relates to this subject and the possibilites are real..we still have a couple more days to wwatch and see...maybe this comet is actaully the mysterious brown dwarf nibiru?

Even so, shouldnt we be worried about the comets tail and the gas and dust..revelations describes a enormus red dragon who's tail sweeps the stars to earth..could debris lodged in the comets tail havea good chance of hitting/covering the earth..sort of like hailstones or something.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by TheSonOfMan]

[edit on 23-5-2006 by TheSonOfMan]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
As for what Mouth said, I can confirm that...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

In that post I did a calculation using an online program with the variables set up for what the comet would be like hitting Earth. Check it out.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
jeez, that was a terrible typo....

and I am supposed to be a technical writer.... lol!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Ah, that's righter not writer

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I didn't think it was a typo, I thought you were being clever and using a pun by saying "profit."

Of course, I'm convinced that this froggy is only out to make a buck. Expect a book by the end of the year (at the very latest) about how ET stopped the comet from impacting us.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Have you seen his website? He has a picture of himself on it, and he looks like a prick.

Again, just a a typical french guy would, he pulled the plug on his forum cause of too many attacks. sounds like a wussy (substitute the w for a p) to me. Can't take criticism....

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
Ah, that's righter not writer

Kind of ironic, because my job is to make "right" the stupid publications of idiot "writers." Soo many mistakes in manuals of helicopters, it is ridiculous.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
...he pulled the plug on his forum cause of too many attacks.

Yeah, and he put in its description that it won't be opened up until May 26th... But if he's so convinced that the world will end because of an impact, why bother?

Secret Agency Information

I have just received landline call with intel from US - reliable regular source who has similar contacts...major incoming at 45 dgrees @ 11 miles per second south of Azores - due date ...exact timing not certain, but time frame of 25th- 27th may - object about 1 and half ton.

So let's see what that would do to the Earth using those inputs on the Earth Impact Effects Program...

Here were my inputs:
Distance from impact: 300 miles
Projectile diameter: 20 ft (that should make it about the size of a truck)
Projectile density: 1000 kg/m^3 (the density of ice, or a comet)
Impact velocity: 11 miles/s (the velocity asshat says it will be)
Impact angle: 45 degrees (the most probable angle of impact, as well as what he says)
Target is water at a depth of 3600 meters (the average depth of the Atlantic Ocean)

Energy:
Energy before atmospheric entry: 1.86 x 1013 Joules = 0.44 x 10-2 MegaTons TNT
The average interval between impacts of this size somewhere on Earth is 1.7 years

Atmospheric Entry:
The projectile begins to breakup at an altitude of 81300 meters = 267000 ft
The projectile bursts into a cloud of fragments at an altitude of 48600 meters = 159000 ft
The residual velocity of the projectile fragments after the burst is 15.3 km/s = 9.51 miles/s
The energy of the airburst is 4.71 x 1012 Joules = 0.11 x 10-2 MegaTons.
No crater is formed, although large fragments may strike the surface.

Looks like what he says will happen has EVEN LESS OF A CHANCE of causing any damage than the scenarios I came up with. And why are people still believing his crap?

]
All naval leave cut short and secrity tightened...
Intel suggests a 100 feet wave (but depends on volcanic acitivy and effects of splash down)...
New York and Florida areas would be severely affected..

Has anyone heard of all Naval leave having been cut short? I have some friends in the Navy, on leave now. Odd, maybe they didn't get the memo. And why only NY and FL? The islands in the Carribbean, the coast between NY and FL, or the coasts of Africa, South America, or Central America are not in any danger? Odd, how a tsunami could be so selective like that, espcially if it's going to be 100 feet tall!

[edit on 5/23/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

[edit on 5/23/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join