It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are The Worst Movies That You've Seen?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMeLiverpool
The Sound of Music
The Devil's Cleavage
these are two off the top of my head
Oh yeah and Hostel
edit on 14-8-2011 by JustMeLiverpool because: Sh*te
of course, how could i forget the sound of music and it "actually beat" doctor zhivago for the best picture academy award !

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WideAwakeNow

Actually,

Manos: Hands of fate

Unbelievably the worst movie ever made, it is gobsmakingly BAD and funny.
Rated by most film critiques, worst movie of all time.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
"plan 9 from outer space"-1959...it does'nt get any worse than that...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marvinthemartian
reply to post by FEDec

You must be jokin.The life of brian is one of the best films ever made unless you'r one of those nutty fundamentalist god squad type's...........OH

No... To everything above just no. Of course if thinking I'm a Jesus freak will avoid you having to admit that Life of Brian is a horribly paced snoozefest. People should admit to themselves that there are actually only like 6 good Python bits and move on.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Bad Teacher.

And, Hop.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Dinner For Schmucks...... horrible and stupid

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
all the movies that i watched about 5 minutes of then changed the station...i can think of 2 that really rub me the wrong way,sex in the city

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am a movie geek.If i have time i can watch 2 or 3 movies in a row.So you can imagine i have seen a lot of trash.
Here's a short list:

-Zyzzyx Rd(i never managed to watch the entire film)

The film opened at one theater, Highland Village Park Theater in Dallas, Texas. It ran for six days, and made $30 at the box office. A crew member who took a friend got a refund, so the final domestic box-office gross was $20.

-Groom Lake

Director:
William Shatner
Writer:
William Shatner
Stars(guess who?) :
William Shatner

I love Shatner,but this movie sucks....The only thing i learned from this experience was:
Never watch a film again when the writer,director and star is the same person

-Razor Blade Smile

I have no comments on that movie.My brain hurts when i think about it.

-Ultrachrist!

Jesus returns to Earth in present-day NYC, sent by his Father to usher in 2000 years of Godly peace. Unfortunately, modern young people respond poorly to this bearded weirdo. Taking the advice of a market research guru, Jesus has a Spandex costume made and declares himself "Ultrachrist", an urban sin-fighter. Unfortunately, his Father doesn't approve of these unorthodox techniques, while the Antichrist (the NYC Parks Commissioner) ressurects an army of famous sinners to make sure Ultrachrist's mission fails.

-Hellbound
Chuck Norris vs the Devil

-Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
- H.P. Lovecraft's the tomb
DO NOT be fooled by the title,it has nothing to do with Lovecraft's story.They put Lovecraft's name on the title for advertising reasons.

-Skyline
-Battle:LA

That's all i can think right now.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
"the rats are coming the werewolves are here"-1972...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Well, that a matter of personal opinion, but I think that "Shaolin Soccer" is a really funny crazy comedy (well, honestly I'm not very impartial, because I'm a Stephen Chow fan, nobody is perfect...)

"Bad" or "good" are disputable concepts. In cinematic art too, as in literature or in whatever artistic or narrative language but, of course, there're too some "objective" canons to be respected (they said so, at least...)

A "so-so-so-BAD" MOVIE THAT IT'S AN "ALTERNATIVE CLASSIC": Just see "The Man Who Saves the World", aka "The Turkish Star Wars" (1982)... UNFORGETTABLE.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Inerrancia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The only thing i learned from this experience was: Never watch a film again when the writer,director and star is the same person

Check out Takeshi Kitano he directs, acts and writes almost everything he has been involved in. I'd suggest: Battle Royal, Zatoichi, Sonatine, Violent cop, Glory to the Filmmaker! and his latest "Outrage".

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

The only thing i learned from this experience was: Never watch a film again when the writer,director and star is the same person

Check out Takeshi Kitano he directs, acts and writes almost everything he has been involved in. I'd suggest: Battle Royal, Zatoichi, Sonatine, Violent cop, Glory to the Filmmaker! and his latest "Outrage".
unless of course your talking about, in my educated through having seen thousands of films and read hundreds of book on the subject, the greatest movie ever made, the russian version of War And Peace-1967 which was directed by and starring in the lead role and who also adapted the massive novel, sergei bondarchuk. its an 8hr and 27 min unsurpassed masterpiece that was released in 4 parts,but is one movie...www.imdb.com...
edit on 12-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Manos: Hands of fate

The MST3K version though, is hysterical (Mystery Science Theater 3000).

I still think "The Stupids" starring Tom Arnold, is probably the worst theatrical release movie I've ever seen. I don't even think it lasted a week in theaters. (and when I saw it, everyone else but us walked out). The ushers were even taking bets on how long we'd last.

"Battle of LA" is a close second though. I'm glad I just Redbox rented this piece of crap. Luckily, the disc malfunctioned about halfway in, and I just couldn't even bring myself to skip over that and watch the rest.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
the sound of music-1965, that somehow incredibly and unimaginably beat out the far superior, doctor zhivago-1965 ,for the best picture, best director academy awards. the sound of music is a mess and a really bad excuse for a movie musical and doctor zhivago is a triumph of sight and sound and color...thanx to david lean...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

Again, that's a question of personal tastes. I think Kitano is an interesting "auteur", factotum or orchestra-man, with all his excesses and strange sense of humor (japanese stuff, guys).

You can bet in the category of this thread and in the chapter of "auteurs" the spanish factotum Paul Naschy or Jacinto Molina, the "Spanish Werewolf" from the 60s. Some of his titles are little/big gems of bizarre euroterror or fantastique or simple bizarre ego exaltation in exploitation vehicles which are of very disputable inner cinematic quality, despite the funny (more or less involuntary) aspects of stories and cinematic skills. And that could be applicable to the films of other "auteurs" as spanish Jesús "Jess" Franco, french Jean Rollin or a lot of exploitation italian moviemakers.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Let us just say this movie is one of the greatest worst films that I have ever had the pleasure of watching. Here is a taste of the dialogue for instance. Mind you there is a pause after pretty much every letter like Captain Kirk is giving orders on speech delegation or something. We have to go there cause it's were they are! She's in danger for going there but so we must. Such a travesty of Jules Verne....I present to you 800 leagues down the amazon for your consideration: www.rottentomatoes.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inerrancia
Again, that's a question of personal tastes. I think Kitano is an interesting "auteur", factotum or orchestra-man, with all his excesses and strange sense of humor (japanese stuff, guys).

You can bet in the category of this thread and in the chapter of "auteurs" the spanish factotum Paul Naschy or Jacinto Molina, the "Spanish Werewolf" from the 60s. Some of his titles are little/big gems of bizarre euroterror or fantastique or simple bizarre ego exaltation in exploitation vehicles which are of very disputable inner cinematic quality, despite the funny (more or less involuntary) aspects of stories and cinematic skills. And that could be applicable to the films of other "auteurs" as spanish Jesús "Jess" Franco, french Jean Rollin or a lot of exploitation italian moviemakers.

I think you misunderstood though maybe that is my fault due to the context of the thread. I love Kitano and was suggesting his stuff to the guy who said he would never watch a film written, directed and starring the same person. Sorry for not making it clearer that I was suggesting him in a positive way.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
heres a link about the late great paul naschy, who died in 2009, including a list of all his weird and wonderful horror movies,with all those weird and wonderful titles like, orgy of the dead, fury of the wolfman, the people who own the dark, blue eyes of the broken doll... to name a few..en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
rambo 4 or 5. nonstop gunfire and explosions. walked out after 30 mins

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
anything with, paris "my daddy is rich so i am to" hilton... and... miley " i would be flipping burgers if my daddy was'nt already famous" cyrus...utter trash and an abominable waste of $$$ on fake,whore,starlets and their "wanna come over for a drink and i'll put you in the movies" producers and their lame excuses for their wretched films...thank god for... david lean,alfred hitchcock,steven spielberg,francis coppola,william friedkin,ect,ect,all...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join